PDA

View Full Version : Adam Scott.....choking.

gazgolf1
26th November 2005, 04:21 PM
Just watching the 3rd round of the Aust Open and Scotty is choking his ass off. :?
Is'nt this guy one of the top 10 players in the world?

3oneday
26th November 2005, 04:59 PM
Just watching the 3rd round of the Aust Open and Scotty is choking his ass off. :?
Is'nt this guy one of the top 10 players in the world?Gaz, if I was these guys, I would be wandering around thinking to myself "why am I playing a course that is setup harder than St Andrews, it's blowing a gale and the course is simply unfair. I should be holidaying, I worked my arse off this year and they setup a course like this !!!!!".

Maybe replace choke with "no interest".... IMHO of course.

Pete

gazgolf1
26th November 2005, 05:04 PM
[quote=gazgolf1]
Maybe replace choke with "no interest".... IMHO of course.
Pete

you could be right Pete. :?

jimandr
27th November 2005, 10:31 AM
A choke is when they collapse in the last round when in contention to win.

Yesterday he didn't play well on a course that doesn't suit him.

Scott has an American game of high, long and soft. Never seems to go well in the wind, or on hard, fast greens.

We have the same debate here that we have for the US Open almost every year. The purists like to see players struggling for pars, and the only way they can do it is by tricking up the greens.

Golfgirl
27th November 2005, 10:39 AM
We have the same debate here that we have for the US Open almost every year. The purists like to see players struggling for pars, and the only way they can do it is by tricking up the greens.

Can't see the point myself.... I sat and watched every painful moment of yesterday's telecast, and it wasn't entertaining seeing top players struggle... it really wasn't. I would much rather the course set up a little easier and birdies being made, than hearing commentators raving about "Moonah showing its teeth" and "only 4 holes are averaging under their par". :roll:

Why does the AGU shoot themselves in the foot like this every year.... :?

3oneday
27th November 2005, 12:37 PM
Can't see the point myself.... I sat and watched every painful moment of yesterday's telecast, and it wasn't entertaining seeing top players struggle... it really wasn't.  I would much rather the course set up a little easier and birdies being made, than hearing commentators raving about "Moonah showing its teeth" and "only 4 holes are averaging under their par".   :roll:

Why does the AGU shoot themselves in the foot like this every year....  :?Couldn't agree more... I have watched 30 minutes of the coverage and that's it..... coverage is boring, so is the golf....

Pete

goughy
27th November 2005, 03:15 PM
I've hardly watched any of it so far. Been at work. But the half an hour I've seen today dosen't inspire me to go play golf. If I want to watch guys chip balls clear across a green I'll go down to my club.

Fishman Dan
27th November 2005, 07:04 PM
I just don't understand why overseas players aren't attracted to the thought of coming over and shooting +12 in farcical conditions every year. :roll:

Jarro
9th December 2005, 08:21 AM
well Scotty certainly didn't have the opening round he was hoping for at The Masters :roll: