PDA

View Full Version : Will Tigers Caddie Keep His Job On Tigers Bag

Hatchman
15th April 2013, 05:59 PM
With the incorrect drop debacle will Tiger's caddie survive or be made a scape goat for the mistake?
I have my doubts with so many outside influences on the Tiger money making machine.

Ashes
15th April 2013, 06:08 PM
Reminds me of a scene from Happy Gilmore

"How about you just watch me and make sure I don't do anything stupid"

"Where were you on that one dipshit?"

Jarro
15th April 2013, 06:10 PM
Tiger wont blame his caddy.

Hatchman
15th April 2013, 06:17 PM
No, it will the outside influences that see it happens.

Captain Nemo
15th April 2013, 06:28 PM
As if he'll sack his caddy over his own mistake...
He should have called for a ruling, theres a thousand officials all over that course....

Hatchman
15th April 2013, 06:42 PM
Some would say the caddie has a huge role in stopping his player from taking any drop with calling over a rule official to make sure it done correctly.
Never more so important than in a major.

Jarro
15th April 2013, 06:43 PM
Doesn't mean Tiger will sack his caddy.

sol381
15th April 2013, 06:56 PM
I saw the ruling and it states "as near as possible to where the ball was originally hit" whats near as possible..Not very precise is it...Just saw this too. Not sure if its true or not. "
Even more embarrassing, the person who alerted Masters officials to the error was Thomas Vonn – the ex-husband of Woods’ current girlfriend, Lindsey Vonn."

I totally do not agree that viewers can ring up and make a ruling..If the player his pplayimg partners or officials dont se it , then let it go..So many tournaments arent televised so those players arent under the same scrutiny as others..Very silly for a viewer to make a ruling imo.

Daves
15th April 2013, 07:03 PM
I saw the ruling and it states "as near as possible to where the ball was originally hit" whats near as possible..Not very precise is it...Just saw this too. Not sure if its true or not. "
Even more embarrassing, the person who alerted Masters officials to the error was Thomas Vonn – the ex-husband of Woods’ current girlfriend, Lindsey Vonn."

I totally do not agree that viewers can ring up and make a ruling..If the player his pplayimg partners or officials dont se it , then let it go..So many tournaments arent televised so those players arent under the same scrutiny as others..Very silly for a viewer to make a ruling imo.

Ironically, in this case, the "snitch" probably saved Tiger from being DQ'd. Tiger dobbed himself in with his interview comments, so the drop would have been investigated anyway. But post round and it would have been unlikely the No DQ rule would have been invoked in that case.

dhills2
16th April 2013, 03:15 PM
Yep, if Tiger didn't mention '2 feet' it would have been overlooked and treated as 'close enough is good enough'. Should have been DQed IMO but don't blame Tiger for playing on after copping penalty. Made me sick listening to PGA tour.com harp on about how he was treated like anyone else and that the penalty showed that the governing body treats the game of golf as bigger than any one man. If it was the Chinese kid they would have DQed him for sure and said it will be a valuable learning experience.

golfnutz
16th April 2013, 03:51 PM
hard to blame the caddy, tiger was furious and wouldnt have listened anyhow

markTHEblake
16th April 2013, 07:21 PM
I saw the ruling and it states "as near as possible to where the ball was originally hit" whats near as possible..Not very precise is it...
You are correct, it is not very precise and that is intentional.

*If* Woods and caddie had walked down to the drop zone, then changed mind and walked back, and was unable to identify which divot was his, then he just needs to make the best effort he can, and it would not matter how far he was off.
It is the fact that he admitted he deliberately dropped two yards away from the precise spot that caused him to be penalised, thus he did not meet the definition of "near as possible".

Ashes
16th April 2013, 10:55 PM
Interesting comparison photo of the 1st and 2nd shot.

Better res version here http://www.augusta.com/masters/story/blog/woods-receives-2-shot-penalty-stays-tournament