PDA

View Full Version : Champs: When can we call it a result?

AndyP
25th November 2005, 12:29 PM
Fellow competitors, with the weather forecast not looking so good, I was thinking about the worst possible scenario, that is, the golf being called off due to course flooding or lightning.

We can't come back and do it all again in a couple of weeks time, so the question is, at what point can we declare a champion?
I would think that we would have to at least get 18 holes finished.
But then what?
At the completion of every 9 holes after that, 6 holes, 3 holes, every hole?

Anyone got some thoughts on this?

peter_rs
25th November 2005, 02:13 PM
As not everyone can make it back in a few weeks. I say play all 36 holes (in rain if needed). I would say after 27 holes you could have a champ. 18 and its just a oz golf day.

AndyP
25th November 2005, 02:16 PM
I'm not saying we stop if it rains (Jono might though). But if the course is flooded or there is lightning we will be forced to stop.

I would prefer it if we had no controversy in naming the winner, and wouldn't want to make a decision on the spot. It would be good if we could agree to something beforehand.

Jarro
25th November 2005, 02:18 PM
i'd think if we could get through at least 18 holes then that would be good enough to crown someone as the winner.

AndyP
25th November 2005, 02:20 PM
i'd think if we could get through at least 18 holes then that would be good enough to crown someone as the winner.
I agree with that.
But what if we all finish 30 holes.
Is the winner the best score after the first 18 holes, or the best nett score after 27, or the best nett score after the 30? :smt102

markTHEblake
25th November 2005, 03:12 PM
If a thunderstorm comes, it will be late in the arvo. And it will blow over in 30 mins or so, then we go back and keep playing. CTH wont flood.

IMHO if the 2nd round is called off, then call the result on the first 18, or 27.