PDA

View Full Version : Monthly Mug Profile - April 2013 - squidboy

Courty
13th April 2013, 02:53 PM
Username: Squidboy

Home club: Sandy Gallop

How often do you play: Try to get out to every Saturday comp. I can but work most weekends so it is hard. Every Friday afternoon booze cruise at the gallop. 9 hole stab with nearest the pin every hole.

Current handicap: 12

Lowest ever handicap: 12

Dream handicap: 9 well single figures

How long have you played golf: Since I was a youngster 8 or 9 I started. played casually until I was mid teens then became a junior member. Had a few years off with having a kid but now back into it fulltime for the last 4 months.

How did you catch the golfing bug: Watching my dad play and going to the driving range with him.

What's currently in your bag: Driver r 11s with stiff matrix xcon real deal (thanks jado for the head)/ rbz 3 wood/ rescue 11 3 hybrid/ 5 game old rocketbladez irons 4 to pw/ cally v forged wedges 50/54/60 (thanks virge)/ scotty cameron del mar (thanks ao85)

What golf ball do you use: Prov1x ( just got a box of lethals to try out)

Dream golfing purchase: garmin g6 gps or cally razr fit extreme driver

Favourite golf course played: Brookwater and Riverlakes a close second, haven't been a lot of places but that is going to be fixed.

Dream golf destination, or trip: Anywhere overseas. Stood on the 1st tee at St Andrews but couldn't play so probably there.

If you could pick three others, dead or alive, to play a round with, who would they be: Tiger Woods, Greg Norman, Shaquille O'Neal

If you could pick three ozgolfers to play a round with, who would they be: Don't know any of you upstanding citizens but virge was helpful and knows his shit by the looks.

Your favourite golf memory: breaking my dad's four wood head off his club at the driving range while he was trying to teach me how to hit left handed. The wood head went further than the ball. Bonus was I had my first set of right handed clubs the next week.

Have you ever had a hole in one? If yes, talk us through it: No, seen many, never had the honor.

Have you ever had a “Solarman moment”? If yes, talk us through it: I'm sure I have just not sure what a solarman moment is.

Favorite current tour player: Phil Mickelson

Favourite golfer past or present? Why: John Daly. He is just so much fun to watch, especially back in the day.

Favourite Australian golfer: Jason day

popper81
13th April 2013, 02:56 PM
Nice work, Squidboy.

Congratulations once again on winning... :)

Courty
13th April 2013, 02:57 PM
Congrats squidboy!

Pic to be added later.

Monsta
14th April 2013, 07:43 AM
Congrats Squidboy

AndyP
14th April 2013, 09:05 AM
Well done, Squidboy. I'll see you Friday. Don't expect to hit it well at your OZgolf debut.

Squidboy
14th April 2013, 05:28 PM
Thanks. 4 man ambrose. Nice easy way to debut. No pressure!!

AndyP
14th April 2013, 05:32 PM
You'll be carrying the team with Mr Erratic and a new mum in your team.....but no pressure.

peter_rs
14th April 2013, 05:56 PM
You'll be carrying the team with Mr Erratic and a new mum in your team.....but no pressure.

Mr vic champ to you sir

We need a low marker

AndyP
14th April 2013, 05:58 PM
You can have Vegas. He's off 7, you know.

Squidboy
14th April 2013, 06:09 PM
All good. No expectations. Never played the course before. Will be a fun day and great to meet a few of the people on here.

peter_rs
14th April 2013, 07:05 PM
Can you work a draw a lot of side hill shots

Squidboy
14th April 2013, 07:12 PM
Natural shot is right to left. Just looked at the pictures of the course on the Internet. Looks very tight.

AndyP
14th April 2013, 07:16 PM
Peter will get you a long way down. It might not be the same fairway though.

The greens are completely different to Brisbane too.

Squidboy
14th April 2013, 07:24 PM
Cool. I can bang it a fair way.