PDA

View Full Version : Aus Open

Grunt
24th November 2005, 09:28 AM
Well it has started and the big names have started well with Scott, Boditch Baddeley & Hensby 2 under after 4. Adam Bland leading @ 3 under.

AndyP
24th November 2005, 09:29 AM
Is anyone recording it when the coverage starts?

Grunt
24th November 2005, 09:31 AM
I could but it will be on my hard disc recorder :? no help to anyone but me.

Jarro
24th November 2005, 09:40 AM

no

AndyP
24th November 2005, 09:46 AM

no
I'm sure someone will be recording some of the weekend's play (Jaster, at least), while golfing on the Gold Coast.

I'm not a big golf watcher, but I just want to see some of it, after playing the course a few months ago.

Toolish
24th November 2005, 10:08 AM
I will probably tape some of it today and tomorrow...but not sure that will help you.

Jarro
24th November 2005, 10:10 AM
i'm sure Foxtel will show a highlights package sometime after the tournament finishes.

I'll tape that for ya AndyP

AndyP
24th November 2005, 10:35 AM
I'll tape that for ya AndyP
Thanks jarro. I might have lunch in the work TV room today too.

Grunt
24th November 2005, 10:47 AM
Spencer Levin has skipped clear @ 6 under,Robert Allenby @ 4 under & the pack led by Lucas Parsons @ 3 under.

Grunt
24th November 2005, 12:04 PM
Spencer Levin clubhouse leader @ 8 Under (new course record) =D>

Courty
24th November 2005, 12:32 PM
Spencer Levin clubhouse leader @ 8 Under (new course record) =D>

Allenby is now also -8 with a few holes up his sleeve.

I'm watching it at work with a Digital TV tuner playing on my auxiliary 21" monitor. :twisted:

Grunt
24th November 2005, 12:35 PM
7 under Courty . Seven are already making mistakes with the coverage. I hope Pat Welsh shuts up soon. He already said that Spencer Levin was still an amatuer, he is a pro.

Courty
24th November 2005, 12:43 PM
7 under Courty . Seven are already making mistakes with the coverage. I hope Pat Welsh shuts up soon. He already said that Spencer Levin was still an amatuer, he is a pro.

Right you are... :?
Welsh is a knob. :roll:

Welsh is still saying "...we are waiting for confirmation of Allenby's score", but the graphics are showing -7.

peter_rs
24th November 2005, 12:49 PM
BESTE, Rowan -2

GO YOU GOOD THING

This guy has some game, I have played in two pro-am's with him and he is the leading money winner on the sunshine tour.

Courty
24th November 2005, 12:51 PM
They just showed the first 'Shot of the day'... a missed putt :-k

Sure, it was a very good putt from 40m (according to Welsh :roll:) that shaved the cup, but it still missed. :? No matter how close the first one was, it was still a 2-putt. :-s

Courty
24th November 2005, 12:58 PM

Welsh is now saying that they have confirmed that Allenby it is in fact -8. :?

Grunt
24th November 2005, 01:01 PM
Even if he is right and he is, I still don't have any respect for Welsh.

drunken
24th November 2005, 01:02 PM
I have recorded todays play so far. Timers are set for the next three days play as well. You'll have to give me a bit of time after that to edit the files and burn to DVD.

Courty
24th November 2005, 01:03 PM
Even if he is right I still don't have any respect for Welsh.

Pratt, cad & twit come to mind...

Grunt
24th November 2005, 01:04 PM
How about Levin keeps his course record for about an hour :?
On that if you get a course record on a day then get beat that same day do both score get put on the honour board?

Courty
24th November 2005, 01:04 PM
You beat me to it... :?

Grunt
24th November 2005, 01:07 PM
Scott Laycock is still a chance of equalling either Allanby or Levin. Early tee times look to be the goods today.

Toolish
24th November 2005, 01:11 PM
Drunken...book me in for a DVD!!

As for the course record...yes, it does go up...at least in the event I have been involved in it has.

I play the Victorian Sandscrape Championship every year, get a lot of good golfers on courses that normally don't have anyone below 2-3 playing on them. As such lots of coure record activity, and the times it has been broken twice in a day both get the name on the board.

Grunt
24th November 2005, 01:13 PM
The cut, is it top 70 plus ties?

Toolish
24th November 2005, 01:14 PM
Allenby has finished at 9...good going, birdied 3 of the last 4!! Laycock may still have a chance though

AndyP
24th November 2005, 01:38 PM
Just watched the last half hours coverage and it was shithouse.  Saw about a third of bugger all golf.

Saw Lonards group putt out on the 4th, then play the 5th, and then saw Appleby's group tee-off on the 5th and that's it, before they chucked on yet another long ad break, and I'd had enough.

Isn't there any other players or holes on the golf course?  They had another 16 holes when I was down there.  Or is there a camera shortage?

Grunt
24th November 2005, 01:48 PM
It is pretty bad coverage so far :cry: Looks like we will only see Applby Lonard & Pampling plus the others in their respective groups this afternoon.

AndyP
24th November 2005, 01:52 PM
If Laycock is shooting a good score, why the hell aren't they showing him? :x

Grunt
24th November 2005, 01:54 PM
Good Question, wont be the 1st or last time that happens this weekend.

Grunt
24th November 2005, 02:02 PM
Afternoon scoring is not as easy as it was earlier today, will it mean it is reversed tomorrow and the early guys get away to even up scores or have we seen a few guys already out of it.

Grunt
24th November 2005, 02:05 PM
Wind is coming up now too :smt100

Grunt
24th November 2005, 05:16 PM
Lonard's 3peat might be in trouble after a +2 round today, lets see what the morning brings him and if the weather will bring the feild back tomorrow afternoon.

Grunt
25th November 2005, 02:51 PM
Wind is really getting into them now

Jarro
25th November 2005, 02:55 PM
looks pretty tough going with that wind :shock:

Eag's
25th November 2005, 04:14 PM
They are watering a lot of the greens after each group holes out :shock:
It will get tougher each day at this rate. Allenby is very solid even though he is not 100%

Golfgirl
26th November 2005, 11:18 AM
They are watering a lot of the greens after each group holes out  :shock:
It will get tougher each day at this rate. Allenby is very solid even though he is not 100%

I heard this briefly last night, but I haven't seen any footage from the last couple of days yet. What is the go? They are trying to slow the greens because of the wind factor??? I wonder what their preparation of the greens was, because I thought I had heard that they were going to leave them a bit slower for the first two days and then do a big double cut/roll job on them for weekend??

Any ideas?? :?

Can't wait to see some play today - even with crappy channel 7 coverage and Pat Welsh commentation.....

Fishman Dan
26th November 2005, 05:23 PM
Allenby's in all sorts. Be terrible if he pulled out, no one else is playing nearly good enough to take it from him.

I can tune out the commentary, it's a skill men develop. I could be watching the cricket/footy/golf/pole dancing, and my wife will ask me to clarify a stupid comment from any of the commentators .... and i've got no idea what she's talking about.

You pick up the important things when the speech changes tone. I find cricket commentry the worst - and ABC radio cricket commentry the best.