PDA

View Full Version : Week commencing 8 April 2013

mrbluu
8th April 2013, 02:57 PM
Played Cabramatta with Matty and 2 other mates. Matty had the best score of the day 35points off 4 to get me by 4 on my home track. My mates had 32 and 33.

So my 31 points of 4, started with double, bogey, bogey and double in the first 4 holes (6 over). Lots of rust and threw away some shots on the greens and in the bunkers. Also missed a green with a wedge in my hands on 2 separate occasions. I only had 1 x 1 Putt greens and 35 putts overall, but didn't feel like I putted poorly. The wedge play and chipping was average at best and barely hit it inside 15feet all day.

Positives, played the rest of the way at 3 over the rest of the way, including playing the par 5's in 2 under. Best shot of the day for me was a cut 3 wood from about 230m onto the par 5 6th hole to about 15 feet. I missed the eagle, but tapped in for birdie. Matty's best hole came on the par 5 11th where he ripped driver to the corner of the dogleg and then hit a nice "little controlled" 7 iron from about 165m to about 6 feet. He just missed the putt, but did tap in for birdie.

Very enjoyable day and very much looking forward to catching up with the ozgolfers this Sunday at Cabramatta for our monthly get together.

Stats:
Birdies - 2
GIR 9/18
FW 4
Putts 35 putts

matty
8th April 2013, 03:07 PM
Haha mrbluu. Beat me to it. See above post! I drove well and as usual my score is reflected by that.

Ashes
9th April 2013, 01:04 PM
86 off the stick at Kwinana today.

Back 9: +5, Par, Par, +3, Birdie, Par, Par, +2, Par (45)
Front 9: Birdie, +1, Par, +2, +2, Par, +1, Par, Par (41)

Played some pretty good golf in patches and putted better than I ever have. Drained 3 from outside 15 foot, including one from around 60 feet.

New stand bag is brilliant, worth 10 shots at least.

idgolfguy
9th April 2013, 01:18 PM
Great play, oh tall and faded one!

Yossarian
9th April 2013, 01:27 PM

Played some pretty good golf in patches and putted better than I ever have. Drained 3 from outside 15 foot, including one from around 60 feet.

Comp? If not you are a horrible bagger.

Ashes
9th April 2013, 02:05 PM
I'm a bagger. Should return to comp play in a couple of weeks.

Not sure I'm looking forward to the greens at Vines after playing Kwinana for the past 3 weeks.

Pieface
9th April 2013, 02:26 PM
Uncle nuffnuff informed me that the vines is terribad condition atm.

Nice shooting bar the +5 Ashes!

idgolfguy
9th April 2013, 03:36 PM
Nuffster is correct. Coring to begin.

mrbluu
10th April 2013, 01:00 PM
Played Cabramatta with Matty and 2 other mates. Matty had the best score of the day 35points off 4 to get me by 4 on my home track. My mates had 32 and 33.

So my 31 points of 4, started with double, bogey, bogey and double in the first 4 holes (6 over). Lots of rust and threw away some shots on the greens and in the bunkers. Also missed a green with a wedge in my hands on 2 separate occasions. I only had 1 x 1 Putt greens and 35 putts overall, but didn't feel like I putted poorly. The wedge play and chipping was average at best and barely hit it inside 15feet all day.

Positives, played the rest of the way at 3 over the rest of the way, including playing the par 5's in 2 under. Best shot of the day for me was a cut 3 wood from about 230m onto the par 5 6th hole to about 15 feet. I missed the eagle, but tapped in for birdie. Matty's best hole came on the par 5 11th where he ripped driver to the corner of the dogleg and then hit a nice "little controlled" 7 iron from about 165m to about 6 feet. He just missed the putt, but did tap in for birdie.

Very enjoyable day and very much looking forward to catching up with the ozgolfers this Sunday at Cabramatta for our monthly get together.

Stats:
Birdies - 2
GIR 9/18
FW 4
Putts 35 putts

Correction I had 2 x 1 Putt greens and 34 putts overall.

Squidboy
10th April 2013, 05:08 PM
Struggled round gailes for 28pts today. First time I have played it since I was a kid. How long is that place!!

Yossarian
10th April 2013, 05:15 PM
36 points today, down to all time low of 13.8. Hit so many greens but putted like a spaz. Driver is back to nearmapping lengths as well. Good times.

idgolfguy
10th April 2013, 05:33 PM
RP must be damned easy! :)

Yossarian
10th April 2013, 05:36 PM
Psychologically it is a lot easier for me than most courses I used to comp at!

matty
10th April 2013, 08:20 PM
down to all time low of 13.8

Congrats yoss.

muldude
10th April 2013, 08:23 PM
Go yoss !

AndyP
10th April 2013, 08:29 PM
Nicely played, Yoss. Congratulations on the new low.

mrbluu
10th April 2013, 08:30 PM
Congrats yoss.
+1

Yossarian
10th April 2013, 08:43 PM
Thanks guys, it feels good, and I am excited that I still feel I played poorly today.

mrbluu
10th April 2013, 11:47 PM
Thanks guys, it feels good, and I am excited that I still feel I played poorly today.

Regardless of what handicap you play off, it's hard to shake that feeling. I've only had 3 rounds so far this year that I thought I played really well, there rest have either been really poor or I've had too many bad holes.

Pieface
11th April 2013, 11:54 AM

Good golfing Yoss. You must be going alright when you can get around in 36 points and not feel like you are going well.

Golfnut
11th April 2013, 12:15 PM
36 points today, down to all time low of 13.8. Hit so many greens but putted like a spaz. Driver is back to nearmapping lengths as well. Good times. Good news mate, solid rounds lately, well done....wish I could say the same.

CanuckDownUnder
11th April 2013, 06:10 PM
Burleigh 35 points. Lab Launch only missed 1 Fairway. So its staying in the bag. 2 wipes on Par 4's . Content with my play

Shortylook
11th April 2013, 07:34 PM
45 points( 93 shots ) no wipes and hit the ball really well. Had 3, 1 pointers on the last 3 holes on the front 9. Won scrounges again and my cap dropped tp 28. Super happy. 2nd time I've broke 100 in comp play, hopefully this is a sign of things to come

Ashes
11th April 2013, 07:38 PM
Go Yoss! Go Shorty!

hocko
11th April 2013, 07:39 PM
45 points( 93 shots ) no wipes and hit the ball really well. Had 3, 1 pointers on the last 3 holes on the front 9. Won scrounges again and my cap dropped tp 28. Super happy. 2nd time I've broke 100 in comp play, hopefully this is a sign of things to come

Faaar out! That's a lot of points.
Well done.

hocko
11th April 2013, 08:04 PM
What did you shoot Simmsy? :)

matty
11th April 2013, 08:16 PM

Shorty for 'Most Improved'!

What's the handicap drop been over the last six months?

Shortylook
11th April 2013, 09:24 PM
Shorty for 'Most Improved'!

What's the handicap drop been over the last six months?
I started on 33 after official flagged rounds. But it's at 28 now. Hope to keep it going this way if I can.

Shortylook
11th April 2013, 09:26 PM

Just seen your score Asho, now that is what I want, obv not in the near future but, one day I hope

Eag's
11th April 2013, 09:31 PM
Nice work Yoss & Shorty.

hocko
11th April 2013, 09:33 PM
Played with a young member at Gozzies today.
Hit the driver to almost everywhere I wanted, greens were only a couple of weeks out from coring so weren't super.
39 points, 74 off the beater. That may be good enough for an OzGolf track record?

simmsy
11th April 2013, 09:33 PM
Thanks Hocko.
Geez u weren't so cocky after Busselton the other week. ;)

I had 33 and ever single point was hard friggin work. Only played 3 good holes the rest were shite.

Hocko had a lazy 39 with a driver that if h sells he needs to be shot.

simmsy
11th April 2013, 09:34 PM
No it's not. Gross Canuck
Nett me. ;)

hocko
11th April 2013, 09:35 PM
Thanks Hocko.
Geez u weren't so cocky after Busselton the other week. ;)

I had 33 and ever single point was hard friggin work. Only played 3 good holes the rest were shite.

Hocko had a lazy 39 with a driver that if h sells he needs to be shot.

Do you mean blowing .13 into the bag on the way to dinner?

Shortylook
11th April 2013, 09:37 PM
Played with a young member at Gozzies today.
Hit the driver to almost everywhere I wanted, greens were only a couple of weeks out from coring so weren't super.
39 points, 74 off the beater. That may be good enough for an OzGolf track record?
So 2 over, well played hocko. Um no FING awesome

simmsy
11th April 2013, 09:39 PM
Do you mean blowing .13 into the bag on the way to dinner?

That made my day even better. :)

hocko
11th April 2013, 09:40 PM
Nah mate, 4 over but I think I left at least 3 or 4 shots out there. Playing partners may disagree?

simmsy
11th April 2013, 09:49 PM
You're so solid from 100 out right now Hocko.

Yossarian
11th April 2013, 09:55 PM
You're so solid from 100 out right now Hocko.

Well said STGM.

hocko
11th April 2013, 09:55 PM
Ha friggin ha!
The odd one did miss.

simmsy
11th April 2013, 10:16 PM
Inside joke yoss, nothing complimentary in what was said. ;)

Shadesy
11th April 2013, 10:23 PM
Finally back into 10 after a sq round (par) with the mod formerly know as Megawatty at Hartfield.

Didnt play great but 30 putts helps.

Watty had -3, probably played better than that mixed with some crap.

Waddzy
12th April 2013, 07:57 AM

Well Done Shorty! told you itll all come together soon haha , me and you can have a shoot out for most improved ozgolfer for the year ;)

Shortylook
12th April 2013, 10:22 AM
Well Done Shorty! told you itll all come together soon haha , me and you can have a shoot out for most improved ozgolfer for the year ;)
Ok loser sends the winner a sleave of balls. You better send me your address mate ;)

3Puttpete
12th April 2013, 02:23 PM
Dingo - 81 net
6/15 fairways
0 GIR
35 putts. 2 x 3, 3 x 1.

AndyP
13th April 2013, 09:42 AM
Club champs have been set back a week thanks to the rain. I had a couple of rewarding practice sessions this week, so I'm disappointed not to get to test it out in the comp.

popper81
13th April 2013, 10:13 AM
Club champs have been set back a week thanks to the rain. I had a couple of rewarding practice sessions this week, so I'm disappointed not to get to test it out in the comp.

Andy, opinion on the chances of playing there tomorrow? They are hosting a Greg Norman JG tournament...

AndyP
13th April 2013, 11:15 AM
I don't think the rain is going to stop, so I can't see it improving. It was already soggy. You never know though. They might treat it differently to our club champs.

popper81
13th April 2013, 11:35 AM
I don't think the rain is going to stop, so I can't see it improving. It was already soggy. You never know though. They might treat it differently to our club champs.

Thanks, as I expected.

sms316
13th April 2013, 12:54 PM
33 points in a swamp. Coming second with only 6 cards to come. :lol:

PeteyD
13th April 2013, 02:21 PM
Good one Shrek.

idgolfguy
13th April 2013, 09:21 PM
Nothing out of the ordinary. Sanded greens but they rolled fine.
36 points with 4 doubles and triple. Started each 9 being 1 under after 4 holes.
Birdied 2 Par 5s, missed a 3rd by leaving the 7' short. Doubled the other Par 5.

The yips of the tee are annoying. I should be so much better!

BenM
13th April 2013, 09:59 PM
How in the hell do I get out of this form slump that I am in?????

Had 27 points today. It was a 4BBB though, my partner had 38 points and we managed 43 between us. I think my name was on the card maybe 5 times.

I really didn't hit the ball that badly, though I bladed/chunked a few wedges and missed a few putts. It is really starting to get me down in a big way.

jimandr
14th April 2013, 12:25 AM
Ben M, my form stump is probably worse than yours. I was keeping silent about my round on Friday at Camden Lakeside, but as I've decided to back up at Cabra with the NSW Ozgolfers, I need to put my expected bad score into context.

My 26 points on Friday was my fifth consecutive round between 21 and 26. I thought it couldn't get much worse, and I started quite reasonably, but it did get worse. My course has decided to grow its 2nd cut of rough to knee high, so any badly sprayed drive is a lost ball. I hit three of those, so three wipes and four three-putts makes a bad score worse.

I didn't have time to take a photo, but we also saw a very long thick black thing with a red belly in the deep rough off the first fairway, so we were not searching for golf balls in that particular area. It was a good 6 feet, or maybe longer. The snakes aren't in hibernation yet.

muldude
14th April 2013, 05:22 AM
Turned up at wodonga for 2 mam ambrose and greeted with freshly cored greens :-( lost the will to live after 3 holes, man they were bad. Drove it awesome, irons so so, wedge play atrocious, putting.....not sure. Had a fun day with the boys. Pennant today at royal jubilee......great, as I type this it starts raining grrrrr

Shortylook
14th April 2013, 08:57 AM
Had our official open day. Ambrose mixed handicap. Had 74 to finish 3rd by 1/4 whatever that meant. Played pretty good if I say so myself, we only had two 2 putts for the day. awesome day all round

mrbluu
14th April 2013, 09:19 AM
How in the hell do I get out of this form slump that I am in?????

Had 27 points today. It was a 4BBB though, my partner had 38 points and we managed 43 between us. I think my name was on the card maybe 5 times.

I really didn't hit the ball that badly, though I bladed/chunked a few wedges and missed a few putts. It is really starting to get me down in a big way.

Ben M, my form stump is probably worse than yours. I was keeping silent about my round on Friday at Camden Lakeside, but as I've decided to back up at Cabra with the NSW Ozgolfers, I need to put my expected bad score into context.

My 26 points on Friday was my fifth consecutive round between 21 and 26. I thought it couldn't get much worse, and I started quite reasonably, but it did get worse. My course has decided to grow its 2nd cut of rough to knee high, so any badly sprayed drive is a lost ball. I hit three of those, so three wipes and four three-putts makes a bad score worse.

I didn't have time to take a photo, but we also saw a very long thick black thing with a red belly in the deep rough off the first fairway, so we were not searching for golf balls in that particular area. It was a good 6 feet, or maybe longer. The snakes aren't in hibernation yet.

Boys without sounding like a wank, but if you thing that you are in a form slump it will take you ages to get out of it as there is too many negative thoughts and energy. When you hit bad shots, just think of them as swings/shots that didn't go according to plan then you have something to work with to get them to go better. You are better off focusing on trying to play better as oppose to thinking of why are you playing badly.

I started to do this about 2 years ago when I came back from a back injury and was playing off 12 which I couldn't play to. The new handicap system came in and dropped me down to 10 and I was even more frustrated. Then I thought when I was flat on my back and couldn't play, I would be happy to just get out for a walk. From there as long as I hit a few good shots a round I was happy. The good thoughts and positive energy allowed me to have a clear mind and work on my game and I got down to 4, which even 6 months ago I never thought I could get to. Power of positive thoughts and not limiting yourself.

Good luck boys and I hope you start to hit some good shots!!!

Shortylook
14th April 2013, 10:30 AM
Boys without sounding like a wank, but if you thing that you are in a form slump it will take you ages to get out of it as there is too many negative thoughts and energy. When you hit bad shots, just think of them as swings/shots that didn't go according to plan then you have something to work with to get them to go better. You are better off focusing on trying to play better as oppose to thinking of why are you playing badly.

I started to do this about 2 years ago when I came back from a back injury and was playing off 12 which I couldn't play to. The new handicap system came in and dropped me down to 10 and I was even more frustrated. Then I thought when I was flat on my back and couldn't play, I would be happy to just get out for a walk. From there as long as I hit a few good shots a round I was happy. The good thoughts and positive energy allowed me to have a clear mind and work on my game and I got down to 4, which even 6 months ago I never thought I could get to. Power of positive thoughts and not limiting yourself.

Good luck boys and I hope you start to hit some good shots!!!
I've been using the same thinking myself and I'm playing a lot better. Not getting down on myself and thinking positive. Seems to be working the last 2-3 rounds, I hope it continues

Outcast
14th April 2013, 06:12 PM
More crud at Cairns GC yesterday; 31 points played rubbish: drove okay but, kept pulling irons left pretty much all day long.... Painful

mike
14th April 2013, 07:52 PM
Third game this year. Previous two rounds were 97 and 90.

Smoked it up today for a 80/68 (par 72). Could have been anything. Half a dozen crappy chips (result of not playing much) and three 3 putts.

I officially like golf again.

sms316
14th April 2013, 07:58 PM
Playing in carts agrees with you mike.

mike
14th April 2013, 08:03 PM
It sure as hell didn't yesterday.

BenM
14th April 2013, 09:47 PM

You are exactly right of course, it's not a wank at all.

I went from 11 down to 6 at the end of last year and kept form through Christmas holidays. Since early Jan I think I've broken 80 3 times (once on a par 70 at St Andrew's Beach) in probably 25 rounds of golf. The trouble is almost everything else has been mid 80s and even higher!

It's tough to start believing in yourself again after a while especially when I have changed lots of stuff (equipment and technique) to try and get it back. Deep down I think my subconscious still believes I am a low teens marker and I'm playing like one - mostly with silly mistakes due to lack of concentration.

Might be time to go to a hypnotist. Or an exorcist :)

Seriously though I know what you mean. I am working on it. Just trying to take each shot as it comes, relax more between shots and not take it all so seriously.

Shortylook
14th April 2013, 10:03 PM
Had a football club/golf club day today,9 hole ambrose,me and2 other footy boys went 1 over for 9. Real pissy day, but heaps of fun.

oncewasagolfer
14th April 2013, 10:15 PM
Played my match against chineski at eynesbury yesterday and ended up with only 23pts. Having never played the course before I was happy with everything except pitching and putting which cost me heaps of shots. Off the tee was the best it has been for ages and I also hit some good irons. My handicap has gone out almost a full shot so now on 7.1.
stats (http://golfshot.com/Rounds/Detail/103-15565682-15565797)

jimandr
14th April 2013, 10:38 PM
Another bad ball-striking day for 26 points with the NSW boys at Cabramatta today. I hit a grand total of zero GIR, which tells its own story. Many bad drives all going right, everything else to the left, short, or short and left. The mystery of golf remains mysterious for at least another week.

Following instructions in this weeks thread, I must look for positives, so I'll say my short game was much better than it has been for a while.

Nuffie
15th April 2013, 03:01 PM
Shot 34 pts on sandy greens at The Vines. The greens were bumpy but put my total of 0 birds down to not hitting enough GIRs.

Bunkers are not a good place to be either, on our course. Plugged lies are very popular.

Nuffie
15th April 2013, 03:02 PM
Shot 34 pts on sandy greens at The Vines on Sat. The greens were bumpy but put my total of 0 birds down to not hitting enough GIRs.

Bunkers are not a good place to be either, on our course. Plugged lies are very popular.

Well played Idgolfguy who went round in the morning comp.

Choppa1
15th April 2013, 04:25 PM
Played Long Reef (home track) on Saturday in a stroke round for a 71. Stats here (http://golfshot.com/Rounds/Detail/102-15560300-15560414).

matty
15th April 2013, 09:30 PM
Played Long Reef (home track) on Saturday in a stroke round for a 71. Stats here (http://golfshot.com/Rounds/Detail/102-15560300-15560414).

The form continues. Well done.

matty
15th April 2013, 09:32 PM
7 over at Stonies with a double and triple. Managed to actually hit the driver again. Got to take the positives!

Choppa1
15th April 2013, 10:00 PM
The form continues. Well done.

Thanks Matty - had a lesson with Anne last Tuesday to sort out some swing plane issues & recap on short game, and put it into action on Saturday - worked a treat. At 1.5 now!

matty
16th April 2013, 01:29 PM
Nice. Seeing her on the 29th for short game stuff.