PDA

View Full Version : Wanted: single irons

solarbear
7th April 2013, 06:33 PM
Need a couple of cb irons i can cut down for my kids. Guess 8 or 9 irons would be the go.

One left handed. one right.

Anfield
7th April 2013, 06:55 PM
Not exactly what you are after but I've got a ping g2 pw and a ping eye 2+ sw you can have for free?
I'm sydney located, where are you?

solarbear
7th April 2013, 07:31 PM
Bathurst :/

virge666
7th April 2013, 07:43 PM
How old are the kids?

solarbear
8th April 2013, 02:06 PM
3 and 7 Virge. Just wanted some single irons so they could wail practice balls around the yard.

Meh... wife talked me into buying some cute little sets off OO for them. Got tired of looking on ebay for single irons and all the clone golf makers in Oz seem to only do sets.

virge666
8th April 2013, 02:22 PM
3 and 7 Virge. Just wanted some single irons so they could wail practice balls around the yard.

Meh... wife talked me into buying some cute little sets off OO for them. Got tired of looking on ebay for single irons and all the clone golf makers in Oz seem to only do sets.

Excellent - exactly the same age as mine.

The problem is the weight. a normal adult iron head will weight too much for them. I put an old graphite shaft on a TM 7 iron and they are just too head heavy.

Jump on eBay and grab a cheap couple of 7 or 8 irons for kids - that is all they will need to start. Then just extend them as you like.

Then when they hit double figures - you should be able to cut down normal clubs.

virge666
8th April 2013, 02:38 PM
Or - buy some old shitty hybrids.

crops23
8th April 2013, 02:43 PM
Or - buy some old shitty hybrids. Drummonds sell single clubs I think from memory they are about $25