PDA

View Full Version : 2014 VIC OZgolf Champs - Feb 7 - 10

Pages : [1] 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9

LeftyHoges
5th April 2013, 03:52 PM
Thur, Fri, Sun accomm: andigolds Park View Hotel on St Kilda Rd (http://parkviewhotel.com.au/). A very generous rate (again!) of $62.50 pp twin share, can to room up as 4's for below $50 a head. No prepayment required, one person in each room to put up a credit card on check in & then pay on checkout. 10 days prior for final numbers. Please add a review here (http://www.tripadvisor.com.au/Hotel_Review-g255100-d257028-Reviews-Melbourne_Parkview_Hotel-Melbourne_Victoria.html).

Sat accomm: Nepean Country Club (http://www.nepeancountryclub.com.au/). 6 Two Bedroom Split Level apartments, sleeping 6 each at $350 a night. $60 a head if we fill the rooms, $72 a head max if we don't.

Thurs 6th golf: Woodlands Golf Club (http://www.woodlandsgolf.com.au/cms/). $80 (member-guest rate and a very good price for a very good course) 3:45 to 4:00PM hit-off. Probable self-cooked BBQ tea afterwards, just awaiting confirmation of this. Cost of dinner TBA. Course guide here (https://docs.google.com/file/d/0B43Qv2TTh9HoWTdOM0xQMmhLSm8/edit?usp=sharing).

Fri 7th golf: An exceptional course last year in Southern GC. This year we're not just going one better, we're going 92 better (according to Golf Digests 2006 top 100 list). ROYAL MELBOURNE GC - West Course! (http://www.royalmelbourne.com.au/welcome/index.mhtml) Cost of $245 a head and includes a light lunch, drinks on course (non-alcoholic, I assume will still cost), finger food afterwards. Unfortunately no golf-only option (Club Captains Decision) and CAPPED AT 32 PLAYERS! Sorry guys, we tried to fight for more spots but no can do. If we want to play at RM we play by RM's rules. As a matter of interest we are the only corporate / social group in 2+ years to have got on to play RM on a Friday so we are very, very lucky. 1:30PM tee-off. Course guide here (https://www.dropbox.com/s/raak9dw7fxo3xtm/RM-West GC guide booklet.docx).

Sat 8th golf: The Dunes Links (http://www.thedunes.com.au/cms/). 10 groups @ $55 a head with 29+ players. $60 with less. $42 carts. 2 tee start > 12:16 onwards. 10 carts booked. $5 pull carts.

Sun 9th golf: Portsea Links (http://www.portseagolf.com.au/cms/). 10 groups @ $50 per head with 33+ players, $55 with less. $45 carts. 2 tee start, 8:19 off 10th, 8:33 off 1st. 10 carts booked. $5 pull carts. $15 electric buggies. Obviously with seedings this may make things difficult with carts but I will try to juggle people around as best I can.

Mon 10th golf: Kew GC (http://www.kewgolfclub.com.au/welcome/index.mhtml). 8AM hitoff. $75 per player. Download Course Guide here (https://docs.google.com/file/d/0B43Qv2TTh9HoX0JXdWZ0VEMzZVk/edit?usp=sharing).

So, $105 for golf on Sat & Sun, with an additional $25 going towards prizes. All four official days $465 (includes $25 for prizes). Pre payment instalments available as per last year. Final payment by 10th January please.

Meals / activities:

Thurs night: Grab a few quick frothies at Woodlands, then head to the TapHouse on Carlisle St for more brewskies. Dinner from somewhere on the street.

Fri night: Buffet style with curry and slow roasted meat of some variety. Andy provided a conference room for "activities". They were great fun and included all important BYO alcohol. I urge all to attend this.

Sat night: Pizza's delivered. BYO alcohol. Unfortunately no personal games room but we have free use of it, mini golf course is under lights. Indoor tennis courts, basketball.

Sun night: STEAK NIGHT!!!

RESULTS:

Thursday, Woodlands (due to not being an 'official' round we only had a few things):
Winner:
Simmsy - 38pts
Long Drive - Jmac

Friday, Royal Melbourne

NTP's
5th wbennett
7th gammon
13th Spanner039
16th BenM
LD Shazza_rs

Winner:
Titleist 37pts
Runner-up:
Shazza_rs 35pts

Better scores:
LeftyHoges 34pts
Marto65 34pts
FoxGolf 33pts
Nudgee 33pts
Shadesy 33pts

Confederates V Union, Uncivil War
Confederate victory 16-8 (the first ever official team Vic Champs double of any sort)

Saturday, The Dunes

Putting Comp winner
LeftyHoges in a playoff from Marto65 (the first ever official individual Vic Champs double of any sort)
NTP's
3rd FoxGolf
6th PeteyD
13th LeftyHoges
17th Titleist
LD FoxGolf

Winner:
NK 43pts (on countback)
Runner-up:
Titleist 43pts

Better Scores:
AndyP 40pts
Spanner039 40pts
Hux 40pts
Gammon 30pts
Marto65 39pts

Saturday night, Nepean Country Club

The mini-golf by iPhone light championships
AndyP in a playoff from Courty, with a hole-in-one on the first playoff hole

The great snore-off
Monsta65 easily covered the field and was getting quite a wind-up going, despite our best efforts to be noisy and dribble as much shit as possible. Or was that just Jmac?

Sunday, Portsea

NTP's
2nd PeteyD
7th Senior Sgt Piddles
13th AndyP
16th Simmsy
LD BillyBaub

Winner:
Chappy1970 40pts
Runner-up:
Peter_rs 37pts

Better scores:
AndyP 36pts
Andigold 36pts
LeftyHoges 36pts

Monday, Kew

NTP's
4th andigold
11th Peter_rs
14th Peter_rs
18th LarryLong
LD LeftyHoges

Winner:
LeftyHoges 38pts (on a countback)
Runner-up:
IDGolfGuy 38pts
Better Scores:
andigold 37pts
BenM 37pts

Overall VIC Champs placings for two round competitors:
1. AndyP 40 + 36 - 76
2. Hux 40 + 35 - 75
3. andigold 36 + 36 - 72
T4. LeftyHoges 35 + 36 - 71
T4. Shadesy 36 + 35 - 71
T6. Marto65 39 + 31 - 70
T6. IDGolfGuy 35 + 35 - 70
8. NK 43 + 26 - 69
T9. Courty 35 + 32 - 67
T9. PeteyD 32 + 35 - 67
T10. Titleist 43 + 23 - 66
T10. Spanner039 40 + 26 - 66
T10. Gammon 39 + 27 - 66
T10. Nudgee 36 + 30 - 66
T10. Jmac 32 + 34 - 66
T10. Grumpy 32 + 34 - 66
T10. Peter_rs 29 + 37 - 66
18. Simmsy 32 + 33 - 65
19. Waddzy 30 + 34 - 64
T20. Foxgolf 35 + 26 - 61
T20. Bruce 32 + 29 - 61
22. Monsta65 35 + 24 - 59
T23. Shazza_rs 36 + 22 - 58
T23. Peppas 28 + 30 - 58
T25. GK 32 + 25 - 57
T25. Kev 31 + 26 - 57
27. Billybaub 30 + 25 - 55
T28. LarryLong 30 + 24 - 54
T28. BenM 30 + 24 - 54
T28. wbennett 26 + 28 - 54
T31. Solarman 31 + 22 - 53
T31. Haysey 28 + 25 - 53
33. Oncewasagolfer 27 + 18 – 45

Gross Prize: LeftyHoges - 154
Gross Runner-Up: AndyP - 158
Shanks Award: FoxGolf - Lots
NAGA: Oncewasagolfer - Lots or not many, depending on which way you look at it

Ironman (because of the number of players spread over the varying days we decided it was from all ‘official’ rounds, with best 3 counting)
LeftyHoges and Andigold tied on 109 points

Calcutta winner
Paying the relatively measly price (in comparison to some) of $30, Solarman was the winner of the first OZgolf Calcutta, which raised over $220 for BeyondBlue.
4 of the eventual top 5 went for relatively cheap prices with Shadesy being the only "high priced" player there.

Best Dressed
I’m giving this gong to LarryLong. When all of his outfits looked superb for less than the price of a Family Pack at KFC, you can’t go past it.

Thanks

I can’t say enough for all the OZgolfers who helped me out with these champs. You’ve all contributed in one way or another to what is now rumoured (I’m hearing whispers everywhere) to be THE OZgolf Champs.
Special thanks of course must go to andigold for his accommodation again and for arranging games at Woodlands and Royal Melbourne, monsta65 for his fantastic works with the trophies (I’m sure you’ll get a very confusing text message on the night that I polish off that bottle of Ouzo, and I’m sorry that it was my thing that nearly made you lose your thumb!), Simmsy for organising everyones handicaps for the week as the new slope system made things interesting straight up, Shadesy for organising dinner on Saturday night especially under the ultimate irony of him HATING that every WA champs he gets asked “Whats for dinner?”, PeteyD for his assistance with scores over the weekend, Bruce for being the consummate professional with his MC role and providing water for the guys at the Dunes, Marto65 for his work with gamebook it does keep things interesting and the multi-round feature will be great once up and running properly, and I didn’t mention them previously but Spanner & Kev, thanks for your chauffeur work over the champs.

Sorry if I’ve missed anyone, but another thanks must go to you all for your generosity with the auction and Calcutta. Total monies raised for BeyondBlue stands at $1,143-30. Well done guys!

Thanks all, much love!

sms316
5th April 2013, 03:57 PM
RM East or West?

LeftyHoges
5th April 2013, 04:03 PM
RM East or West?

We'll be asking for West, still unsure at this stage.

Courty
5th April 2013, 04:18 PM
Whatever it is, I'm in (very dark pencil).

IanO
5th April 2013, 04:27 PM
Umm silly question ... what month? (I am guessing February)

Iain
5th April 2013, 04:32 PM
Wow!

timah!
5th April 2013, 04:36 PM
Wow!

+1 awesome work Lefty!

Marto65
5th April 2013, 04:47 PM
In. Well done Lefty.

popper81
5th April 2013, 04:50 PM
Is that all.... Boring :lol:

I am in.

rubin
5th April 2013, 05:02 PM
In. Well done Lefty.

99% in.

For that line up - i'll be doing my best to get there....

simmsy
5th April 2013, 05:46 PM
In.

My wife can have my last ball for that lineup.

AndyP
5th April 2013, 05:57 PM
Don't you WA guys have your own thread?

Shadesy
5th April 2013, 06:01 PM
Awesome Lefty..

I am Dark Pencil.

rubin
5th April 2013, 06:04 PM
Don't you WA guys have your own thread?

we do - but times like these call for sharing of the love.

peter_rs
5th April 2013, 06:08 PM
Interesting hope to defend

Ferrins
5th April 2013, 06:17 PM
Darn it! Wanted to play this but will be getting married on the 8th.

sms316
5th April 2013, 06:30 PM
Do the clubs have comps that we can play in?

LeftyHoges
5th April 2013, 06:51 PM
It's a group effort this time guys, not all the credit goes to me.

Well done VIC Champs Committee. Special nod to andigold for lining up Royal Melbourne for us.

Umm silly question ... what month? (I am guessing February)

Correct, Feb it is Ian. Knew that thread title looked too short for some reason.

Do the clubs have comps that we can play in?

Good question.
Northern: not at the time we'll be hitting off!
Royal Melbourne: probably not
The Dunes: Yes
Portsea: most likely
Kew: No.

peter_rs
5th April 2013, 07:14 PM
Darn it! Wanted to play this but will be getting married on the 8th.

Congrats

Monsta
5th April 2013, 07:15 PM
Well done Capt Lefty,

I will be there, no pencil, Im in. Add my name for all 5 days.
Best start on the trophies now, will need to exceed expectations with the organisation being set at such a high level.

Muldude, best organise a game for either the tues or the wednesday after the champs, wont have spud holding me back this time..:D

peter_rs
5th April 2013, 07:19 PM
I guess SMS wont lower himself to play then

Ferrins
5th April 2013, 07:22 PM
Congrats Cheers Pete and with my general disposition I think it's a hell of an achievement.

Bruce
5th April 2013, 07:58 PM
The RM, Dunes and Portsea combo is excellent and some fresh places for our visitors to see.

RM really is more than 3 times as good as anywhere you have previously payed $100 to play. In fact it is likely 10 times better.

I recommend Dunes and Portsea very highly as well.

WBennett
5th April 2013, 09:21 PM
In.

I will start tucking twenties away every week for the next 48 weeks so I have enough to join Grumpy at Spearmint Rhino next time

shazza_rs
5th April 2013, 09:26 PM
Hopefully in. Will have to see if my baby sitter wants to have a holiday in Melbourne ;)

kev
5th April 2013, 09:51 PM
Hopefully in. Will have to see if my baby sitter wants to have a holiday in Melbourne ;)

Reenie's already here.

Marto65
5th April 2013, 11:27 PM
Good question.

We can always run our own comp as a subsidiary of the QAGA and get Ben T. To put the scores through. It's been offered before.

popper81
6th April 2013, 07:51 AM
Good question.

We can always run our own comp as a subsidiary of the QAGA and get Ben T. To put the scores through. It's been offered before.

I am keen, if Ben is putting up prizes... Otherwise, GF.

I think the 'in comp' debate is in poor taste.... it is the one thing that has left a bad taste in mouth from this year.

Marto, you're a custard head.... Get used to coming in the middle if the field. That is where custard heads belong.

Iain
6th April 2013, 08:19 AM

I think the 'in comp' debate is in poor taste.... it is the one thing that has left a bad taste in mouth from this year.

Marto, you're a custard head.... Get used to coming in the middle if the field. That is where custard heads belong.

I agree.

And that last part made me lol!!

BenM
6th April 2013, 08:28 AM
I am in... And there's a good chance at least one other Taswegian will head up too.

PeteyD
6th April 2013, 08:56 AM

Agreed. Marto still has work to do to take over from King Custard Henwah.

Marto65
6th April 2013, 10:01 AM
There are plenty of prizes on offer. I'd just like to know what guys have against playing comp rounds when it is available?

popper81
6th April 2013, 10:20 AM
There are plenty of prizes on offer. I'd just like to know what guys have against playing comp rounds when it is available?

You are right... Maybe we should remove the prizes, so all the competitive people will CHILL THE **** OUT.

peter_rs
6th April 2013, 10:23 AM
Lucky it's a free world

sms316
6th April 2013, 10:25 AM
There are plenty of prizes on offer. I'd just like to know what guys have against playing comp rounds when it is available? +1. What is the point of avoiding the handicapper?

LeftyHoges
6th April 2013, 10:57 AM
MOD HAT ON.

Come on guys, find a more appropriate place to argue about this. PLEASE!

MOD HAT OFF.

AndyP
6th April 2013, 11:42 AM
Good call, Lefty.

LeftyHoges
6th April 2013, 03:20 PM
Good call, Lefty.

Thanks. Am I a mod now? :mrgreen:

sms316
6th April 2013, 03:22 PM
Where should we post about it? It is piss weak IMO.

AndyP
6th April 2013, 03:27 PM
Start a new thread where you and Marto can bleat about it to each other.

Marto65
6th April 2013, 03:45 PM
Baaaaaa.

petethepilot
6th April 2013, 05:04 PM
I will be a starter for the Saturday/Sunday golf (stay saturday night) LH!

well done.

Pete

WBennett
6th April 2013, 09:20 PM

Why was I the only one to include Southern as a handicap round Mr High and Mighty?

Marto65
6th April 2013, 09:22 PM
Why was I the only one to include Southern as a handicap round Mr High and Mighty?

The game was matchplay, which includes given putts.

Marto65
6th April 2013, 09:27 PM

Anyway, shouldn't you be in the Bleat thread, you actor?

LarryLong
6th April 2013, 10:05 PM

You didn't give me a putt all day!

(Not that I blame you)

Marto65
6th April 2013, 10:09 PM
You didn't give me a putt all day!

(Not that I blame you)

Exactly.

Marto65
6th April 2013, 10:28 PM
Spud.

If you are putting out on every hole during matchplay then you are holding up the field.

You selfish prack.

LeftyHoges
6th April 2013, 11:02 PM

Actually, the game was Stableford and the matchplay was a result of the stableford points. No putts were given in our whole group.

Otherwise Courty would never had the opportunity to miss the 2-footer on the last. (Sorry Courty, last time I swear!)

Marto65
6th April 2013, 11:08 PM
Actually, the game was Stableford and the matchplay was a result of the stableford points. No putts were given in our whole group.

Otherwise Courty would never had the opportunity to miss the 2-footer on the last. (Sorry Courty, last time I swear!)

However, if you had 2 putts from 10 feet to win a hole, most would make sure they lagged the first one to make sure of the second.

Different mindset completely.

Marto65
6th April 2013, 11:09 PM
I didn't think you wanted to talk about this crap in here, ginger mod?

LeftyHoges
6th April 2013, 11:26 PM
However, if you had 2 putts from 10 feet to win a hole, most would make sure they lagged the first one to make sure of the second.

Different mindset completely.

I certainly didn't play that way, I tried to make everything in sight regardless of state of play. I would have hoped most would also, considering it was expressly stated that the format of the day was stableford. Scores counted for ironman as well, maybe I should have to give the 5 day cash back to the other guys because I played a different "game" to the rest of them and they were at a disadvantage???

I didn't think you wanted to talk about this crap in here, ginger mod?

I didn't want to talk about the prize, handicap and competition furore in here because it detracts from what promises to be an awesome long weekend. How do you think this shit looks to someone who didn't come last year, and was interested in attending this year?

Makes it look like we were squabbling, bickering and talking shit behind each others back all weekend which wasn't the case at all.

As AndyP has said, if you want to raise this as an issue that's fine, but do it in your own thread that doesn't tarnish this particular one that a lot of guys have put a lot of effort in to, trying to get people interested in coming to VIC to have an enjoyable weekend on very good courses.

Marto65
6th April 2013, 11:36 PM
I didn't bring it back up mate, spud did.

Matchplay is a completely different game to stabledord. Sorry if I got it wrong.

LeftyHoges
6th April 2013, 11:41 PM
I didn't bring it back up mate, spud did.

Matchplay is a completely different game to stabledord. Sorry if I got it wrong.

Post #32 from you to post #43 from Spud begs to differ as to who brought it up originally, which is all I care about.

And it's no skin off my nose if you got it wrong. Didn't disadvantage me in any way. Didn't seem to disadvantage LarryLong either. :lol:

Marto65
6th April 2013, 11:46 PM
Well ... you better go back to post 28 ... because thats what post 32 is responding to ...

As we have done ... we have moved it to the Bleat thread. Spudly brought it back up in here, so I responded.

LeftyHoges
6th April 2013, 11:55 PM
And post #27 is in response to SMS' baiting in post #2. Which is what #28 is about.

Does it really fracking matter if they're comp rounds? As far as I can tell you're the only one that really cares if this years are comp rounds, which is a perfect segway to push your agenda from last year. I won't be pursuing the clubs or any outside agency to make them handicapped rounds. If there are comp rounds at the courses we play on the day, people may enter them if they wish, but as clearly stated last year it is not a requirement to enter them to win the Champs. End of.

Marto65
7th April 2013, 12:02 AM
I merely stated that it could be done.

Want to rant it off ... go to the bleat.

This thread is for other things. Apparently.

ps. remember I've had a few beers ... so right now I'm seeing the funny side of it all.

LeftyHoges
7th April 2013, 12:07 AM
I merely stated that it could be done.

Want to rant it off ... go to the bleat.

This thread is for other things. Apparently.

ps. remember I've had a few beers ... so right now I'm seeing the funny side of it all.

You're damn right it's for other things.

It's to promote the best champs OZgolf will ever see!!! (Copyright VIC Champs Committee 2013)

Marto65
7th April 2013, 12:08 AM
You might have some competition if the WA champs play off anchors.

BAHAHAHAHAHAAHAHA

LeftyHoges
7th April 2013, 12:10 AM
You might have some competition if the WA champs play off anchors.

BAHAHAHAHAHAAHAHA

Post reported.

Marto65
7th April 2013, 12:11 AM
FFS will you stop moving threads ..

LeftyHoges
7th April 2013, 12:12 AM
FFS will you stop moving threads ..

Are you dazed and confused yet???

Marto65
7th April 2013, 12:14 AM
I'm having rouble follwing yu.

LeftyHoges
7th April 2013, 12:19 AM
I'm having rouble follwing yu.

There it is. Give us some of that good stuff that the Crows love. :-D

Marto65
7th April 2013, 12:28 AM
We had to scare the crows away from yours ... you were still lying in it, and we were scared they would take out your eyes.

LeftyHoges
7th April 2013, 12:36 AM
We had to scare the crows away from yours ... you were still lying in it, and we were scared they would take out your eyes.

Unnecessary, I'm a big boy, I can take care of myself. Crows don't scare me.

Marto65
7th April 2013, 12:39 AM
They had half shafted sand wedges in their beaks.

LeftyHoges
7th April 2013, 12:42 AM
They had half shafted sand wedges in their beaks.

Bastards, making off with my stash!

Courty
7th April 2013, 05:12 AM

That's what you said last time!

:lol:

Monsta
7th April 2013, 08:07 AM
That's what you said last time!

I think it will be mentioned quite a bit more Courty, until you miss one smaller at next years champs :D

petethepilot
7th April 2013, 08:46 PM
I'm confused. I thought this was about the Vic Champs? Is there a list of entrants or what is happening?

AndyP
7th April 2013, 08:51 PM
I'm confused. I thought this was about the Vic Champs? Is there a list of entrants or what is happening?It's a bit early, Pete, since it's in Feb next year.

petethepilot
7th April 2013, 09:07 PM
No probs Andy, although I'm sure spots are limited for a comp that plays at RM on a weekend! We seemed to open the National OZ Golf list quite early in my memory!

LeftyHoges
7th April 2013, 09:38 PM
No probs Andy, although I'm sure spots are limited for a comp that plays at RM on a weekend! We seemed to open the National OZ Golf list quite early in my memory!

RM is being played on the Friday Pete. Just for the heads up.

I'll put together a list of who's expressed what interest tomorrow. It's too bloody hard to do on a phone / iPad.

simmsy
7th April 2013, 10:28 PM
Isn't there a JB'd App for that Lefty?

LeftyHoges
7th April 2013, 10:31 PM
Isn't there a JB'd App for that Lefty?

Truth be told there's probably a normal app for that Simmsy! :lol:

I like to use the table that's in the post editor for my stuff, and it appears as HTML code on iPhones and iPads. Just easier to do it when I get to work tomorrow.

PeteyD
8th April 2013, 08:15 AM
I am going to this one. Already told the wife.

LeftyHoges
8th April 2013, 09:08 AM
Table of attendees added to first post. Please advise of your intended dates / requirements.

PeteyD
8th April 2013, 09:11 AM
I intend to attend Everything.

LeftyHoges
8th April 2013, 09:13 AM
I intend to attend Everything.

Awesome Petey. Glad you can make it this year.

Courty
8th April 2013, 09:55 AM
My intention is to attend all, pending confirmation.

IanO
8th April 2013, 10:16 AM
Please pencil me in for Saturday and Sunday pending approvals. (I will go for approvals for the Friday and Monday but am not holding my breath)

Monsta
8th April 2013, 10:26 AM
When will you start accepting payments Lefty????

LeftyHoges
8th April 2013, 11:21 AM
My intention is to attend all, pending confirmation.

Sorry mate, I should've known that. Done.

Please pencil me in for Saturday and Sunday pending approvals. (I will go for approvals for the Friday and Monday but am not holding my breath)

Done and done. Good luck with it all Ian. ;-)

When will you start accepting payments Lefty????

Now, basically. We have to come up with $3,000 pretty quickly to secure our booking at Kew GC and at Nepean Country Club for Saturday's accommodation.

andigold
8th April 2013, 12:13 PM
I'm in for everything Lefty except Thursday, Friday & Sunday accom (I'll make my own arrangements with the hotel :) )

Monsta
8th April 2013, 12:59 PM
Lefty,

Same format for the Golf on Friday?? Confederates v Union Scum????

LeftyHoges
8th April 2013, 01:15 PM
I'm in for everything Lefty except Thursday, Friday & Sunday accom (I'll make my own arrangements with the hotel :) )

Staying in Tina Churners room those nights? ;-)

Lefty,

Same format for the Golf on Friday?? Confederates v Union Scum????

There will be some sort of format Kev, but not sure on exactly what yet. The WA guys (could be up to half a dozen of them) almost force a change away from the Confed V Union but we'll see who's entered a little closer to time.

May do lefties V righties... :shock:

muldude
8th April 2013, 01:59 PM
lefty ol mate,

friday,sat,sun golf for me please, 5 days straight would do my head in and cost a fotune in colourful clothes
friday, sat and sunday accom for me please

Monsta
8th April 2013, 01:59 PM
May do lefties V righties... :shock:

Normal golfers (righties) V retards just doesnt seen fair but Lefty.:D

popper81
8th April 2013, 02:07 PM
We could move it to Saturday.... Beds versus Tiles?

nudgee
8th April 2013, 02:29 PM
I am a yes for all rounds of golf but will do my own accomodation as I will be taking the family for this trip.

KristianJ
8th April 2013, 02:31 PM
Darkish pencil for Friday @ RM and Thur/Fri accommodation, lightish pencil for Sat/Sun golf and Sat accommodation.

LeftyHoges
8th April 2013, 03:04 PM
Darkish pencil for Friday @ RM and Thur/Fri accommodation, lightish pencil for Sat/Sun golf and Sat accommodation.

Done K! Cheers mate.

I am a yes for all rounds of golf but will do my own accomodation as I will be taking the family for this trip.

Cheers nudgee, might be worth PM'ing andigold anyway, he may be able to sort some family accomm for you.

We could move it to Saturday.... Beds versus Tiles?

Normal golfers (righties) V retards just doesnt seen fair but Lefty.:D

Either way it would've been me versus the field @ Southern. Pretty sure I would've won at least 11 of the matches or won on an average of 35 - 30. :mrgreen:

lefty ol mate,

friday,sat,sun golf for me please, 5 days straight would do my head in and cost a fotune in colourful clothes
friday, sat and sunday accom for me please

Good stuff Deano, you may as well book in for the other days too, you know you'll just end up coming anyway! ;-)

rubin
8th April 2013, 03:15 PM
as i said before, I'm gonna do my best for this one.

Assuming i can (I don't see any issues as yet) i'll be doing Fri, Sat, Sun with accom for all 3 days as well. Potentially accom for Thurs night, but will confirm that once flights etc are in place.

LeftyHoges
8th April 2013, 03:43 PM
as i said before, I'm gonna do my best for this one.

Assuming i can (I don't see any issues as yet) i'll be doing Fri, Sat, Sun with accom for all 3 days as well. Potentially accom for Thurs night, but will confirm that once flights etc are in place.

Not a problem at all mate. I urge you to stay and play Kew on Monday also but if it can't be done then that's fine too. Cheers Rubes!

rubin
8th April 2013, 04:00 PM
Not a problem at all mate. I urge you to stay and play Kew on Monday also but if it can't be done then that's fine too. Cheers Rubes!

I'll let you know a bit closer to that as well then.

picked the cream of the crop for this one lefty...... WA might have to step it up a notch....

LeftyHoges
8th April 2013, 04:08 PM
I'll let you know a bit closer to that as well then.

picked the cream of the crop for this one lefty...... WA might have to step it up a notch....

Well I figure you guys are suited pretty well with Monday, gaining 3 hours on the way back home. Makes Friday a bit of a pain, nearly guarantees you'll have to come Thursday night. But $90 for Kew is a pretty decent rate. Not exceptional, but pretty decent.

You HAVE to pick the best courses for VIC champs though. Who wants to come to Melbourne with the famous sandbelt and peninsulas and play the shitty little public tracks? Talk about a waste! :-D

popper81
8th April 2013, 04:54 PM
Lefty, chuck me in for the full house for now.... I will be hoping to have a job (DIRTY WORD) by then, so I can only be semi committed to Thursday/Monday.

simmsy
8th April 2013, 04:55 PM
so Lefty for a gumby such as myself, is Kew worth the extra day?

i was looking at a fri,sat,sun then fly out Sunday night, work for myself and wife and 3 kids. is Kew worth the extra grief i will get for being away another day?

fly out thur fly home sunday will be easy, the extra day is a stretch for a number of reasons.

LeftyHoges
8th April 2013, 05:08 PM
Lefty, chuck me in for the full house for now.... I will be hoping to have a job (DIRTY WORD) by then, so I can only be semi committed to Thursday/Monday.

No probs mate. Cheers.

so Lefty for a gumby such as myself, is Kew worth the extra day?i was looking at a fri,sat,sun then fly out Sunday night, work for myself and wife and 3 kids. is Kew worth the extra grief i will get for being away another day?fly out thur fly home sunday will be easy, the extra day is a stretch for a number of reasons.

Ooh, tough call. It is a really nice track but if your reasons are compelling enough then you can skip it.

I guess take the course tour on the website and see what you think also.

If you wanted me to rate them with the guide of Bunbury as a 7 and Royal Melbourne as a 10 then Kew would easily rank as an 8, probably closer to 8.5. Skippable, but you may kick yourself if you do.

Maybe some of the Melbournites could give their opinions here, Bruce, Spanner, andigold? Jack, if you visit this thread?

Courty
8th April 2013, 05:08 PM
I will be hoping to have a job (DIRTY WORD) by then, so I can only be semi committed to Thursday/Monday.

Easy solution to that. Just tell them when you start that you have a pre-arranged commitment that you need to keep. It's worked for me every time I have tried it. 8)

LeftyHoges
8th April 2013, 05:11 PM
Easy solution to that. Just tell them when you start that you have a pre-arranged commitment that you need to keep. It's worked for me every time I have tried it. 8)Yep, pretty rare for them to say no, especially for only three days off.

simmsy
8th April 2013, 06:03 PM
yep i always use to do that. never got knocked back as long as i let them know during the start up phase.

LarryLong
8th April 2013, 06:25 PM
I'm not sure if that request works as well when delivered from a kneeling position though.

Ashes
8th April 2013, 06:31 PM
I'm not sure if that request works as well when delivered from a kneeling position though.

I would have thought the boss would be more likely to give you what you want if you're prepared to get down on your knees in front of him?

LeftyHoges
8th April 2013, 06:38 PM

I would have thought the boss would be more likely to give you what you want if you're prepared to get down on your knees in front of him?

Well this thread got real weird, real quick.

andigold
8th April 2013, 06:40 PM
Simmsy Kew is a good course, it's on pretty flat land by the river which can breed a feeling of sameness but there's a good variety of green complexes and it's always presented very well. If you had to miss it there won't be a yawning chasm in your life but it is a very enjoyable place to play golf.

andigold
8th April 2013, 06:42 PM
Nudgee as lefty said if you need Accom shoot me a PM and I may be able to sort something out for you.

Iain
8th April 2013, 06:55 PM
Count me in. Probably Friday to Monday at this stage.

LeftyHoges
8th April 2013, 07:06 PM
Simmsy Kew is a good course, it's on pretty flat land by the river which can breed a feeling of sameness but there's a good variety of green complexes and it's always presented very well. If you had to miss it there won't be a yawning chasm in your life but it is a very enjoyable place to play golf.

A very apt description.

popper81
8th April 2013, 07:36 PM
Easy solution to that. Just tell them when you start that you have a pre-arranged commitment that you need to keep. It's worked for me every time I have tried it. 8)

I have been scamming days off since you were a toddler.

petethepilot
8th April 2013, 07:37 PM
RM is being played on the Friday Pete. Just for the heads up.

I'll put together a list of who's expressed what interest tomorrow. It's too bloody hard to do on a phone / iPad.

Thanks LH,

I may be able to do Friday but Sat/Sun would be fine! I'm full reciprocal with RM so I could get some guys on at reduced cost!

Pete

Courty
8th April 2013, 08:44 PM
I have been scamming days off since you were a toddler.

That's a good effort considering you're younger than me. ;)

LeftyHoges
8th April 2013, 10:36 PM
Thanks LH,

I may be able to do Friday but Sat/Sun would be fine! I'm full reciprocal with RM so I could get some guys on at reduced cost!

Pete

Surely even full recips would only mean yourself at a reduced rate?

sms316
9th April 2013, 05:32 AM
Surely even full recips would only mean yourself at a reduced rate? Normally they get 3 guests at the member guest rate. The only drama is that RM used to (and may still) cap the number of reciprocals each year from their reciprocal clubs to 30 and it doesn't take long for those 30 spots to get booked.

LeftyHoges
9th April 2013, 06:30 AM
Normally they get 3 guests at the member guest rate. The only drama is that RM used to (and may still) cap the number of reciprocals each year from their reciprocal clubs to 30 and it doesn't take long for those 30 spots to get booked.

Well there you go, I never knew that. Thanks SMS!

LeftyHoges
9th April 2013, 08:48 AM
Sorry guys, I forgot to ask about carts.

If you would like one for Saturday and / or Sunday can you please advise as soon as possible as the clubs are already taking bookings for these dates, and carts will sell out quickly.

Thanks

PeteyD
9th April 2013, 08:51 AM
I'll have to cart both days or my body won't hold up, being the Adonis that I am.

Marto65
9th April 2013, 08:54 AM
Cart me Sat/Sun.

I walked Portsea last year ... one of the real tough courses to walk.

simmsy
9th April 2013, 09:53 AM
I've seen your physique. You could do with the walk.

simmsy
9th April 2013, 09:53 AM
Cart users are only one step from belly putters.

PeteyD
9th April 2013, 09:57 AM
Yep. Perfectly legal.

simmsy
9th April 2013, 10:01 AM
;)

Marto65
9th April 2013, 10:04 AM
I've seen your physique. You could do with the walk.

What kind of bell end would say something like that?

I played it about 3 months after one of the charity walks ... so I was in pretty good shape at the time. (Round is a pretty good shape).

simmsy
9th April 2013, 10:33 AM
Bell end is a shape too.

Captain Nemo
9th April 2013, 02:56 PM
Lefty, keen fri-sun.
Whats the go with transport to courses etc...?

petethepilot
9th April 2013, 03:11 PM
Normally they get 3 guests at the member guest rate. The only drama is that RM used to (and may still) cap the number of reciprocals each year from their reciprocal clubs to 30 and it doesn't take long for those 30 spots to get booked.

For some reason, Royal Hobart doesn't have a limit on games plus unlike some 'recips' we don't pay an accompanying fee to be lucky enough to grace the grounds of the second oldest club in Australia.

I will check up with the club anyway!

Pete

sms316
9th April 2013, 03:24 PM
For some reason, Royal Hobart doesn't have a limit on games plus unlike some 'recips' we don't pay an accompanying fee to be lucky enough to grace the grounds of the second oldest club in Australia.

Pete
I have a feeling, and I am by no means certain, that they may have ditched the cap a couple of years back when their fairways were in horrible condition. But yes, a phone call won't hurt.

It used to be a case on one way traffic with their recips, so I can understand why they did it.

LeftyHoges
9th April 2013, 03:29 PM
Lefty, keen fri-sun.
Whats the go with transport to courses etc...?

Good stuff L!

Last year we managed to squeeze a number of players in with Victorians who were driving around, while some others hired cars. I'd like to make it my mission, if possible, to have everyone transported by Victorians. I will have a large trailer next year (I swear to god I'm not driving my car for a month beforehand to avoid the inconvenience of this years accident) that will fit a mass of bags and luggage, so the VIC guys will only need to take passengers not their gear.

Travel arrangements can be sorted a bit closer to time but andigold and kev (of the VIC's) were magnificent in carting people around and I'm sure we can rely on a few others this year too.

Pete

If you could do that, that would be great Pete. Even if it works out that we can get 4 players on with recips it drops the price by over 10% a head. Well worth investigating.

LeftyHoges
9th April 2013, 03:31 PM
when their fairways were in horrible condition...

I love this. They would've still been better than most of the greens in my district. :lol:

shazza_rs
9th April 2013, 03:35 PM
Put us in pencil for all Lefty. I'll PM Andigold regarding accommodation as we'll probably have the grandparents (read, babysitters) in tow.

LeftyHoges
9th April 2013, 03:35 PM
I see you lurking there Haysey. Finally gonna register your interest in this or what??? :lol:

muldude
9th April 2013, 04:43 PM
Lefty, i'll have a cart/share all 3 days please

I'll have my wagon and can bring my trailer if required to shuttle these foreigners around if you need.

rubin
9th April 2013, 04:54 PM
i most certainly wont be using a cart on any day. I have to agree with OMS on that one - carts are just as bad as anchoring.

i won't mind hiring a car of some description if need be, or i could borrow my sisters as well - sure she wont be needing it for the weekend.

LeftyHoges
9th April 2013, 05:06 PM
i most certainly wont be using a cart on any day. I have to agree with OMS on that one - carts are just as bad as anchoring.

i won't mind hiring a car of some description if need be, or i could borrow my sisters as well - sure she wont be needing it for the weekend.

Did you really just tell all of OZgolf that your sister will be in Melbourne the same time as all these boys. Oh Rubin.... #-o

Expecting SMS's entry in 5..4..3..2..1.. :lol:

LeftyHoges
9th April 2013, 05:10 PM
Lefty, i'll have a cart/share all 3 days please

I'll have my wagon and can bring my trailer if required to shuttle these foreigners around if you need.

Wagon will be greatly appreciated. We'll see if trailer will be needed closer to time but thanks for the offer. You're a champ Dean.

No worries with the cart for Sat / Sun, I have no idea if they'll be available for Friday mate.

rubin
9th April 2013, 05:30 PM
Did you really just tell all of OZgolf that your sister will be in Melbourne the same time as all these boys. Oh Rubin.... #-o

Expecting SMS's entry in 5..4..3..2..1.. :lol:

Older sister, who is engaged and pregnant.

and FWIW, she's been in Melbourne for a few years now.

spanner039
9th April 2013, 06:11 PM
Down for fri - sat, accom sat and no cart, seriously if you are up to it to walk royal is pretty special.

Sunday will be pending the "shoot 'da hoop" and dunk competition injuries.

They had mini golf and tennis last time I stayed............

oncewasagolfer
9th April 2013, 06:56 PM
Definitely keen for the weekend and hopefully friday but will have to see. No cart for me I hate them:)

sms316
9th April 2013, 07:49 PM
Did you really just tell all of OZgolf that your sister will be in Melbourne the same time as all these boys. Oh Rubin.... #-oExpecting SMS's entry in 5..4..3..2..1.. :lol: Get your mind out of the gutter Hogesy. I'm a definite maybe for this since pennant won't clash with this next year but may well clash with WA if it moves to May. :(

PeteyD
9th April 2013, 07:52 PM
Down for fri - sat, accom sat and no cart, seriously if you are up to it to walk royal is pretty special.

Can't imagine not walking Royal. I know I won't be able to walk all 5 rounds so play it safe with the weekend ones.

Shadesy
9th April 2013, 08:53 PM
There are plenty of places to poo along the Nepean highway right?

LeftyHoges
9th April 2013, 09:22 PM
There are plenty of places to poo along the Nepean highway right?

I know of a couple, you should be golden mate. Would you like me to supply TP so you don't have to waste a towel?

2014 VIC Champs - Shadesy and Nudgee, together at last!

simmsy
9th April 2013, 10:54 PM
Shadesy now travels with wet wipes on every outing.

Monsta
10th April 2013, 07:44 AM
Put me down for a cart Sat & Sun thanks Lefty

LeftyHoges
10th April 2013, 09:19 AM
Put me down for a cart Sat & Sun thanks Lefty

Get your mind out of the gutter Hogesy. I'm a definite maybe for this since pennant won't clash with this next year but may well clash with WA if it moves to May. :(

Definitely keen for the weekend and hopefully friday but will have to see. No cart for me I hate them:)

Noted guys, thanks very much.

Cheers for everyone getting in early and giving me an idea of potential numbers. Very helpful and much appreciated.

AndyP
10th April 2013, 09:36 AM
If you really need numbers, then you can include me, but it is way too early to say for sure.

LeftyHoges
10th April 2013, 09:44 AM
If you really need numbers, then you can include me, but it is way too early to say for sure.

Percentage? 75% of making it?

It all helps to give me a gauge.

Cheers Andy

Peppas
10th April 2013, 09:58 AM
I would like to come to this. Pencil me for now as I won't know work availability until closer to the date. I have a golflink handicap if that helps too :)

LeftyHoges
10th April 2013, 10:01 AM
I would like to come to this. Pencil me for now as I won't know work availability until closer to the date. I have a golflink handicap if that helps too :)

No worries Peppas, if you were able to make it which days would you be available / attending? Or is that unknown as well?

Peppas
10th April 2013, 10:03 AM
No worries Peppas, if you were able to make it which days would you be available / attending? Or is that unknown as well?

I'd try for Fri - Sun minimum, maybe the Monday if I can squeeze that in. Main event is Sat/Sun right?

andigold
10th April 2013, 10:05 AM
Lefty I will cart it Sat & Sun, walk the rest. Thanks

LeftyHoges
10th April 2013, 10:06 AM
I'd try for Fri - Sun minimum, maybe the Monday if I can squeeze that in. Main event is Sat/Sun right?

Correct, although a LOT of fun was had on the Friday with the Confeds V Union match. And with a head-to-head battle happening at Royal Melbourne it's not a day you'll want to miss.

Monday is the wind-down day, nice and relaxed. Still a great course though.

LeftyHoges
10th April 2013, 10:08 AM
Lefty I will cart it Sat & Sun, walk the rest. Thanks

Cheers Andy!

Do you need anything from me in regards to RM on Friday? (ie make contact, advise of potential numbers, formal request of course etc).

See if they'll let us play composite? :lol:

Peppas
10th April 2013, 10:11 AM
Correct, although a LOT of fun was had on the Friday with the Confeds V Union match. And with a head-to-head battle happening at Royal Melbourne it's not a day you'll want to miss.

Monday is the wind-down day, nice and relaxed. Still a great course though.

Yep, well put me down for Friday - Monday with accom from Thursday - Sunday at this stage and I will confirm later down the track if that's ok?

LeftyHoges
10th April 2013, 10:21 AM
Yep, well put me down for Friday - Monday with accom from Thursday - Sunday at this stage and I will confirm later down the track if that's ok?

Not a problem at all mate. Thanks for your interest!

AndyP
10th April 2013, 10:26 AM
Percentage? 75% of making it?

It all helps to give me a gauge.

Cheers Andy
I'm a bit hesitant about going because of the nasty things some of the WA guys say about me. I'll wait and see how the year pans out.

LeftyHoges
10th April 2013, 10:31 AM
I'm a bit hesitant about going because of the nasty things some of the WA guys say about me. I'll wait and see how the year pans out.

Peppas
10th April 2013, 10:43 AM
Just incase, have any wives come to this in the past?

I mean the evening activities, not so much the golf.

Courty
10th April 2013, 10:53 AM
Lefty I will cart it Sat & Sun, walk the rest. Thanks Same for me, Lefty. 5 days straight with basketball thrown in will be too much.

LeftyHoges
10th April 2013, 10:55 AM
OK, just confirmed booking with Nepean Country Club for Saturdays accommodation. We have 5 of the Split level apartments booked, so sleeping 30.

No personalised games room, unfortunately, be we are free to use it with the BYO alcohol. Indoor tennis courts, basketball courts and the mini golf course is partially under lights so while it may not be 100% visible, it's certainly playable.

We can stick with the idea of delivered pizzas, or there is a Chinese restaurant on site (I'm still leaning heavily towards the pizzas) for consideration, or if anyone wants to have their own more substantial meal.

I've been invoiced $1,750 for the rooms so if anyone knows for sure that they are coming and wants to start payments, they can do so now! :lol:

LeftyHoges
10th April 2013, 10:59 AM
Just incase, have any wives come to this in the past?

I mean the evening activities, not so much the golf.

Not to VIC champs no, but we're only a year old! :lol:

Some have come to QLD champs before I believe, and I welcome it. Just so long as it doesn't push us over our limit for Saturday nights accommodation (you'd probably want your own room anyway though) then it's all good by me.

Same for me, Lefty. 5 days straight with basketball thrown in will be too much.

Noted mate, I'm starting to think about it too now, even if it's just Portsea.

popper81
10th April 2013, 12:00 PM
Lefty I will cart Sat/Sun..... No way I am walking Saturday after this year.....

PS- Bags not driving on Saturday, I was a mess after driving hungover thru STAB.... It ruined my nerves and my golf ;)

LeftyHoges
10th April 2013, 12:45 PM
Lefty I will cart Sat/Sun..... No way I am walking Saturday after this year.....

PS- Bags not driving on Saturday, I was a mess after driving hungover thru STAB.... It ruined my nerves and my golf ;)

Done and done mate. I could've driven (maybe not legally, 0.05 and all that) if it was that bad for ya buddy. ;-)

popper81
10th April 2013, 01:04 PM
Done and done mate. I could've driven (maybe not legally, 0.05 and all that) if it was that bad for ya buddy. ;-)

I call bullshit.. We both would have died if I let you drive.

I was fine... Just a bit of alcohol induced anxiety kicked in at times.

LeftyHoges
10th April 2013, 01:10 PM
I call bullshit.. We both would have died if I let you drive.

I was fine... Just a bit of alcohol induced anxiety kicked in at times.

I probably wouldn't have seen that bunker on 7 in time. We'd still be in there, trapped on 7 and 6 stableford points! :lol:

LarryLong
10th April 2013, 01:18 PM
I'll offer to drive. I can't guarantee that everybody will get there on time, but life is full of uncertainty.

LeftyHoges
10th April 2013, 01:22 PM
I'll offer to drive. I can't guarantee that everybody will get there on time, but life is full of uncertainty.

Nice. Thanks LL!

popper81
10th April 2013, 01:30 PM
I probably wouldn't have seen that bunker on 7 in time. We'd still be in there, trapped on 7 and 6 stableford points! :lol:

Hahahaha..... I actually LOL'd.

I am not sure you if you remember, but I had vertigo really bad at STAB from being pissed and riding in elevators all night in the hotel (I haven't actually got rid of it completely yet)... The tee shot on the 7th hole was quite daunting, I remember I felt like I was going to fall off the front of the tee block. Maybe I should have just slept on tiles beside you.

Peppas
10th April 2013, 01:32 PM
WOO halfway there, missus has confirmed, now for work :)

LeftyHoges
10th April 2013, 01:43 PM
Hahahaha..... I actually LOL'd.

I am not sure you if you remember, but I had vertigo really bad at STAB from being pissed and riding in elevators all night in the hotel (I haven't actually got rid of it completely yet)... The tee shot on the 7th hole was quite daunting, I remember I felt like I was going to fall off the front of the tee block. Maybe I should have just slept on tiles beside you.

I do remember you telling me about, I sure as shit never witnessed it though. :lol: The small tee block on 9 down over the edge wouldn't have helped either.

I tell you what, I've woken up a hell of a lot more sore after nights on the piss than I did that day. Wouldn't have done your Vertigo any good waking up and looking over the balcony though.

WOO halfway there, missus has confirmed, now for work :)

More than halfway mate, the hard part is done! ;-)

Shadesy
10th April 2013, 03:15 PM

Come on Andy, we can room together ;-)

Courty
10th April 2013, 03:17 PM
I had vertigo really bad at STAB from being pissed and riding in elevators all night in the hotel

Did you keep going to check if Tina Churner was in the spa yet? :lol:

popper81
10th April 2013, 04:17 PM
Did you keep going to check if Tina Churner was in the spa yet? :lol:

Maybe... 😏😏😏

peter_rs
10th April 2013, 06:25 PM
Carts sat and sun for the rs's

AndyP
10th April 2013, 06:32 PM
I'd consider a cart for Saturday, so I can concentrate on lowering the World Record Vic Champs 5k time.

LeftyHoges
10th April 2013, 06:36 PM
I'd consider a cart for Saturday, so I can concentrate on lowering the World Record Vic Champs 5k time.

Oh it's on this time Andy. I'll be there beside you.

WBennett
10th April 2013, 06:51 PM
Oh it's on this time Andy. I'll be there beside you.

WBennett
10th April 2013, 06:53 PM
And in. Will try for the Thursday as well. And then fly home on the Monday night.

Payments to start in a few months time.

rubin
Lefty,

if we were looking at pre-payment - what sums would we be looking at? accom + green fees? accom alone etc.

LeftyHoges

Kinda looks a little like AndyP. Was he trying to keep up with me both on the track and on the beers? :lol:

LeftyHoges
10th April 2013, 06:55 PM
Lefty,

if we were looking at pre-payment - what sums would we be looking at? accom + green fees? accom alone etc.

Accomm for Saturday night and green fees buddy. Accomm for the other nights just get charged at checkout.

rubin
10th April 2013, 07:18 PM
420 by my quick calcs?

i figure if i start paying for it soonish, when the time comes i can use the excuse "its already all paid for, and lefty doesnt do refunds....."

BenM
10th April 2013, 08:00 PM
I'm in for all 5 days again - as much as I can possibly commit 10 months out, anyway.... But after this year's effort I'm thinking cart Saturday/Sunday too. With shoes that are properly broken in.

Will tell fishsticks to get on here and confirm (or not) his attendance sometime this year!

LeftyHoges
10th April 2013, 08:10 PM
420 by my quick calcs?

i figure if i start paying for it soonish, when the time comes i can use the excuse "its already all paid for, and lefty doesnt do refunds....."

Fri golf 250 + sat / sun golf 105 + sat accomm 60 + 25 for prizes = $440 by my calcs Rubin. Exact costs will become apparent in the few months leading up to the date. As I've said, hopefully we may be able to get RM cheaper than that but that's what we'll run with for now. Then it would just be your Friday and Sunday accomm at $50 to $60 a night, depending on how cosy you want to get with the other fellas.

LeftyHoges
10th April 2013, 08:11 PM
I'm in for all 5 days again - as much as I can possibly commit 10 months out, anyway.... But after this year's effort I'm thinking cart Saturday/Sunday too. With shoes that are properly broken in.

Will tell fishsticks to get on here and confirm (or not) his attendance sometime this year!

Good stuff, will be a pleasure to have you along again Ben, jingling coins and all. ;-)

popper81
10th April 2013, 08:24 PM
Good stuff, will be a pleasure to have you along again Ben, jingling coins and all. ;-)

+ 1..... Welcome back, BunnyM

Shadesy
10th April 2013, 09:56 PM
I'm thinking of a pre payment plan Lefty.

LeftyHoges
10th April 2013, 11:35 PM
I'm thinking of a pre payment plan Lefty.

Not a problem at all Shadesy. I'll send you my bank details at some point soon and you can start paying in whenever and however much you like.

This goes for everyone.

Flowergirl
11th April 2013, 04:32 AM
Carts sat and sun for the rs's Very happy for you guys to stay with us and I will gladly babysit so you both can play. Xxx

chappy1970
11th April 2013, 12:21 PM
I have a spare buggy and can offer up my own buggy for the days that I wont be playing (unsure what days they are at the moment) to any interstaters who want to walk the courses.

kev
13th April 2013, 09:00 AM
Golf: Thur to Fri
Accom: Sat night
Cart: Sat, Sun

Thanks.

LeftyHoges
13th April 2013, 10:57 AM
Golf: Thur to Fri
Accom: Sat night
Cart: Sat, Sun

Thanks.

Do you mean golf Thu - Mon? Or are you just driving down the peninsula to have pizza and play basketball with us? :lol:

kev
13th April 2013, 02:00 PM
Note to self - don't post so early in the morning...

Yeah, make that Thur - Mon.

LeftyHoges
15th April 2013, 03:08 PM
Note to self - don't post so early in the morning...

Yeah, make that Thur - Mon.

Done and done.

Numbers updated. Appreciate everyone getting back to me this early, helps with getting everything in order that's required.

Might need some more carts booked for Saturday and Sunday!

Shadesy
15th April 2013, 04:36 PM
Done and done.

Numbers updated. Appreciate everyone getting back to me this early, helps with getting everything in order that's required.

Might need some more carts booked for Saturday and Sunday!

Not for me Lefty, I would prefer to walk and take in the scenery.

LeftyHoges
15th April 2013, 04:46 PM

Atta boy Shadesy. A true traditionalist!

rubin
15th April 2013, 04:47 PM

well said shades.

If your going to use a cart, may as well carry a belly putter IMO

Shadesy
15th April 2013, 04:56 PM
well said shades.

Lets not start anything we shouldn't here Rubes in Lefty's thread.

Its a personal choice for me. The walk is all part of playing golf IMO, They look like amazing courses and it would be a shame to whizz around them without taking them in. Afterall golf is one of the most less strenuous sports you are likely to play and walking is fairly easy mode of transport. I also like to switch off and chat to partners and competitors which adds to the social aspect of the Game. This allows me to have fun and switch off between shots, giving me enough time to know my club, shot and plan before arriving at the ball.

Plus its cheaper, you have extra money to enter the Comp as well ;-)

I have nothing against those wanting to cart it for there own reasons, but if given the choice I would not use one ever.

Feelzy
15th April 2013, 05:23 PM
You can put me in Lefty for Thu - Sun Golf + Accom. Keep the carts, I love the walk.

BenM
15th April 2013, 05:38 PM
well said shades.

Until this year's champs I would've agreed with you completely. I still don't particularly like them but I'm also learning my body's limitations!

Peppas
15th April 2013, 08:40 PM
Best way to get to this with golf clubs - drive or fly?

PeteyD
16th April 2013, 05:44 AM
Submarine.

Peppas
16th April 2013, 05:54 AM
Submarine.

Spirit of Tasmania stops in Melbourne from Sydney doesn't it? Good idea, didn't have that option, thanks Petey!

PeteyD
16th April 2013, 06:18 AM
I am here to help!

Peppas
16th April 2013, 06:37 AM
I am here to help!

Woops my bad, it doesn't do that route. Only goes Melb-Devonport (tas). But Boat is another option, good to have options.

LeftyHoges
16th April 2013, 07:04 AM
Best way to get to this with golf clubs - drive or fly?

In an ideal world I'd like to have any interstaters looked after by VIC's (driven around) but just looking at the list of players so far that may not be possible.

As I've said I'll have a massive trailer that we should be able to dump about 20 or more bags in so that just leaves getting people into cars. Hopefully we can find enough VIC's to look after everyone. I think the best way is to fly and get a hire car between 3, the cost of that is pretty small really when shared over the 3 of you.

Shadesy
16th April 2013, 07:54 AM
I'm hoping to "borrow" a car from work mates as we have an office in Moorabbin for the WAnkers.

This is not confirmed yet.

LeftyHoges
17th April 2013, 11:14 AM
Northern GC is looking good for the Thursday punters. Just awaiting final confirmation.

$1,000 deposit paid to book us in for Kew GC on Monday.

Firming up nicely.

popper81
17th April 2013, 11:22 AM
Lefty,
That is an pretty impressive list of people already... maybe we should notify the city of Melbourne that you are hosting an 'event'...... If Tomson puts his name down, I will ring the strip clubs.

LeftyHoges
17th April 2013, 11:35 AM
Lefty,
That is an pretty impressive list of people already... maybe we should notify the city of Melbourne that you are hosting an 'event'...... If Tomson puts his name down, I will ring the strip clubs.

Good call. You take Kittens, Dreams and Club Striptease, I'll take Bar 20, club X and Goldfingers. Even better yet, come down early and we'll notify them in person, about 4 hours at a time.

Not a bad list at all considering Haysey and Solarman haven't put their names down yet either, even though we both know they are attending (aren't you gents?!?!).

sms316
17th April 2013, 11:44 AM
Good call. You take Kittens, Dreams and Club Striptease, I'll take Bar 20, club X and Goldfingers. Even better yet, come down early and we'll notify them in person, about 4 hours at a time.

Not a bad list at all considering Haysey and Solarman haven't put their names down yet either, even though we both know they are attending (aren't you gents?!?!).
Is Kittens the strip car wash? That should be a designated tourist attraction.

Is the massage joint next to Flowergirl still open?

http://www.ozgolf.net/showthread.php/7298-Bikini-Massage?

LeftyHoges
17th April 2013, 11:58 AM
Is Kittens the strip car wash? That should be a designated tourist attraction.

Is the massage joint next to Flowergirl still open?

http://www.ozgolf.net/showthread.php/7298-Bikini-Massage?

Kittens is the car wash, but they also have a gents club.

Disappoint about the massage parlour shutting down. :-(

Shadesy
17th April 2013, 11:58 AM
No Spearmint Rhino?

LeftyHoges
17th April 2013, 12:07 PM
No Spearmint Rhino?

Yes, forgot about them. Did you want to have a chat face-to-face with them for us Shadesy? That'd be great, thanks champ.

LeftyHoges
17th April 2013, 12:16 PM
Funny, as soon as knock shops and strip joints are mentioned we now have 6 "guests" viewing this thread! :lol:

Monsta
17th April 2013, 12:20 PM
Lefty,

I will have the ute again, so I may be able to help carrying clubs etc to the courses each day

WBennett
17th April 2013, 12:28 PM
I haven't worked out how I am getting there yet - either riding down with Monster if he goes on the Thursday or flying down and back.

Monsta
17th April 2013, 12:37 PM
I haven't worked out how I am getting there yet - either riding down with Monster if he goes on the Thursday or flying down and back.

Who is this "Monster" that you speak of Spud??????

WBennett
17th April 2013, 01:03 PM
Sorry Sandbags - I'll get a lift with you if it suits.

How is the back anyway?

popper81
17th April 2013, 01:07 PM
Who is this "Monster" that you speak of Spud??????

How is the back anyway?

Just like old times....the couple are back together.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FeZftK2kO6U

Monsta
17th April 2013, 01:38 PM

How is the back anyway?

Suits you or me????

Hopefully it will be ok for Sunday, not sure how its going to go.......

Monsta
17th April 2013, 01:41 PM
Just like old times....the couple are back together.

Spud is like an old pair of slippers Popper, old, smelly, of no use, but just cant throw them away =P~

LeftyHoges
17th April 2013, 01:54 PM
Lefty,

I will have the ute again, so I may be able to help carrying clubs etc to the courses each day

Thanks Kev. Appreciated.

What about a couple of OZgolfers lying down in the back with the clubs too? :lol:

Monsta
17th April 2013, 02:13 PM
Thanks Kev. Appreciated.

What about a couple of OZgolfers lying down in the back with the clubs too? :lol:

Always an option Lefty, as long as they have completed the fatboy challenge, otherwise wont be able to close the cover.....
And if they are Union scum, they may be thrown around a bit

LeftyHoges
19th April 2013, 12:11 PM
Update: For those playing Thursday, Northern GC is unavailable unfortunately.

Alternate courses being looked at and discussed by the committee but if anyone has any suggestions please feel free to offer them.

simmsy
19th April 2013, 12:16 PM
Commenwealth
Kingston Heaf
Metro

Any of those will do thx lefty.

LeftyHoges
19th April 2013, 12:26 PM
Commenwealth
Kingston Heaf
Metro

Any of those will do thx lefty.

I'd REALLY like to get on Metro. But I also want to keep that for the Friday match next year too.

Peppas
19th April 2013, 01:13 PM
Just put in for leave from work for this... no one else has those days off yet so I think I am in with a chance :)

petethepilot
19th April 2013, 01:38 PM
Hey Lefty,
I am pretty certain I can make the Fri golf/Sat golf/Sun Golf. No carts or accommodation!

thanks and regards,

Pete

Monsta
19th April 2013, 02:00 PM
Leave approved and trophies started.......

Look out VIC, here I come.........

simmsy
19th April 2013, 02:40 PM
I'd REALLY like to get on Metro. But I also want to keep that for the Friday match next year too.

Yeah it must be horrible having to choose which courses to leave out.

We have the same problem deciding whether to put Kwinana or Marri Park in the rotation.

simmsy
21st April 2013, 10:48 AM
Flights booked!!!!

giddyup, can't wait.

LeftyHoges
21st April 2013, 11:09 AM
Flights booked!!!!

giddyup, can't wait.

Thursday to Sunday golf Simmsy?

What time does your flight get in Thursday?

simmsy
21st April 2013, 11:31 AM
flight on thur gets in at 12:05 give or take

i fly out sunday night about 20:00, time for a few celebratory drinks after my stunning 6 shot victory.

petethepilot
21st April 2013, 10:27 PM
What days are the actual champ comp days (sat/sun?)

Not that I am competitive against some of the bandits listed, just want to make sure I am there appropriately.

Pete

BenM
21st April 2013, 10:44 PM
Yep, Saturday and Sunday are the actual champ days PtP - though I am assuming like last year we'll have side comps for the people that play all 5 days as well as the teams event on the Friday.

LeftyHoges
22nd April 2013, 02:28 PM
Player details updated, let me know if they're wrong / missing something.

For info, I have booked 10 carts at each of the Saturday and Sunday venues. If you wish to get in one, please advise me ASAP as I will highlight the first 20 people who have asked for one. Extra carts may not be available on shorter notice.

Also, stay tuned for advice on the Thursday round, we may be in for a bit of a treat pending negotiations. Should know this week.

muldude
22nd April 2013, 02:38 PM
Where is the weather forecast lefty :-)

muldude
22nd April 2013, 02:39 PM
Shelve that, i was trying to be smart but you're waaaaay smarter
looks hot

LeftyHoges
22nd April 2013, 02:49 PM
Shelve that, i was trying to be smart but you're waaaaay smarter
looks hot

Got to get up relatively late in the morning (but still morning) to beat me. :lol:

petethepilot
22nd April 2013, 07:24 PM
Hey Lefty,
Confirmed with Royal Hobart that I will be at RM as a reciprocal member. I can get reduced fees (tba cost) for 3 guests!

Thanks,

Pete

LeftyHoges
23rd April 2013, 06:54 PM
Hey Lefty,
Confirmed with Royal Hobart that I will be at RM as a reciprocal member. I can get reduced fees (tba cost) for 3 guests!

Thanks,

Pete

Thanks for letting me know Pete!

Shadesy
23rd April 2013, 06:57 PM
I thinks it's $80 for members guest, so that's a pretty good saving.

LeftyHoges
23rd April 2013, 07:00 PM
I thinks it's $80 for members guest, so that's a pretty good saving.

Something like that yeah. Spread out over everyone it should make for a decent saving at least.

LeftyHoges
24th April 2013, 04:40 PM
Payment made to Nepean Country Club for Saturday Accommodation.

Announcement regarding Thursday and Friday coming in next few days.

Peppas
30th April 2013, 06:56 AM
I can confirm I am all in for this. Work leave has been approved by managers just pending paperwork, cleared the long weekend with the missus, just need to figure out how to get there with my clubs and I'm all sorted :)

LeftyHoges
30th April 2013, 07:26 AM
I can confirm I am all in for this. Work leave has been approved by managers just pending paperwork, cleared the long weekend with the missus, just need to figure out how to get there with my clubs and I'm all sorted :)

Awesome stuff Peppas, welcome aboard.

You'll have a blast.

Peppas
30th April 2013, 07:37 AM
Awesome stuff Peppas, welcome aboard.

You'll have a blast.

Looking forward to it already!!

Waddzy
30th April 2013, 08:37 AM
The more times I check this thread the closer I get to pulling the trigger... Im going to look at flight costs etc and will let you know in the next few weeks Lefty.