PDA

View Full Version : 2014 VIC OZgolf Champs - Feb 7 - 10

Pages : 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 [9]

Jmac
11th February 2014, 10:16 PM
I knew you and the 7th rang a bell for me, but yes, that would be why! :lol: Yep had nearest on 7th at portsea. That was on the way to a victory agains Simmsy.

LeftyHoges
11th February 2014, 10:26 PM
Yep had nearest on 7th at portsea. That was on the way to a victory agains Simmsy.

Cheers mate, corrected.

Jmac
12th February 2014, 03:00 AM
Completed the 6th day ironman today. Didn't work out so well for me...my average of 33 was knocked after a 24 points at Kennedy Bay. Only consolation was winning the longest drive!! :)

LeftyHoges
12th February 2014, 01:42 PM
Final tally is in, does anyone want to take a stab at how much was raised for BeyondBlue?

AndyP
12th February 2014, 01:49 PM
Lefty, I'll probably be adding whatever the OZgolf split was for Beat Off The Champs, I just haven't had a chance to look yet.

Captain Nemo
12th February 2014, 01:51 PM
Final tally is in, does anyone want to take a stab at how much was raised for BeyondBlue?
$582?:smt102

Shadesy
12th February 2014, 01:53 PM
Was about $220 on Friday Night
Auction would have raised maybe $600
Plus whatever was put in the tin, Random Guess $200

without the beat of the champs cash:

$1100.

LeftyHoges
Lefty, I'll probably be adding whatever the OZgolf split was for Beat Off The Champs, I just haven't had a chance to look yet.

If so, very generous of you Andy, but make sure the site is looked after first mate. We wouldn't be here to raise money for BeyondBlue if not for the site.

3Puttpete
http://img.tapatalk.com/d/14/02/12/nadynygu.jpg

?

simmsy
12th February 2014, 01:54 PM
yeah about $1000 or a bit more

LeftyHoges
12th February 2014, 01:56 PM
The WA guys are on to it.

Total of $1143.30 + whatever Andy decides OZgolf doesn't need.

Give yourselves a huge pat on the back guys, very generous.

Marto65
12th February 2014, 01:59 PM
http://2.bp.blogspot.com/-jLfBZjKxZ-w/UAR8t-XtujI/AAAAAAAAAio/9X7BrvprJfI/s320/internet_high_five_place_hand_here_right_480x444_r e_comics_10-s480x444-94262-580.jpg (http://2.bp.blogspot.com/-jLfBZjKxZ-w/UAR8t-XtujI/AAAAAAAAAio/9X7BrvprJfI/s1600/internet_high_five_place_hand_here_right_480x444_r e_comics_10-s480x444-94262-580.jpg)

LeftyHoges
12th February 2014, 01:59 PM
There are still a few of these up for grabs too if anyone missed out...

$5 each.

http://img.tapatalk.com/d/14/02/12/e4ururus.jpg

Courty
12th February 2014, 02:33 PM
There are still a few of these up for grabs too if anyone missed out...$5 each.http://img.tapatalk.com/d/14/02/12/e4ururus.jpg Awesome value. The last stuff with Courty on it went for much more. ;)

simmsy
12th February 2014, 02:35 PM
lovin your banner mate ;)

must of hurt putting that in there.

G.K
12th February 2014, 02:56 PM
Haha. Nice work Courty. I was lucky enough to get away without one of those merit bars.

LeftyHoges
12th February 2014, 02:57 PM
lovin your banner mate ;)

must of hurt putting that in there.

Haha. Nice work Courty. I was lucky enough to get away without one of those merit bars.

It's certainly de-valued his bunnyness. :(

WBennett
12th February 2014, 03:19 PM
Can you give another to monsta if you see him thursday? He owes he a hunj. He can take the five out of that.

BenM
12th February 2014, 03:21 PM
At least Courty wasn't beaten by a girl!! ;)

LeftyHoges
12th February 2014, 03:22 PM
Can you give another to monsta if you see him thursday? He owes he a hunj. He can take the five out of that.

Can and will do.

At least Courty wasn't beaten by a girl!! ;)

Yeah, there's probably a merit bar in that I'd say. :mrgreen:

LeftyHoges
12th February 2014, 05:50 PM
Half share of Ironman monies ($50) sent to andigold. Well done mate!

IDGolfGuy, when you get a chance can you PM me your bank details for your $25 collect at Kew please?

AndyP
12th February 2014, 09:58 PM
We didn't mention it on the day, but the OZgolf dollars will be provided to the top 3 from the Champs.

OZgolf dollars (OZg$) can be used for:

Transactions in the Pro Shop forum area (money to be paid to the seller by OZgolf)
OZgolf Merchandise
Donation to an OZgolf chosen charity, such as, Beyond Blue or Toowoomba Hospital Oncology Ward
Payments for future Champs events.
The prize allocation for each player is:
AndyP - OZg$180
Hux - OZg$90
andigold - OZg$30

markTHEblake
12th February 2014, 10:01 PM
I dont know why but this photo instantly reminds me of Andyp

http://img.tapatalk.com/d/14/02/12/nadynygu.jpg

?

Hux
12th February 2014, 10:13 PM
We didn't mention it on the day, but the OZgolf dollars will be provided to the top 3 from the Champs.

OZgolf dollars (OZg$) can be used for:

Transactions in the Pro Shop forum area (money to be paid to the seller by OZgolf)
OZgolf Merchandise
Donation to an OZgolf chosen charity, such as, Beyond Blue or Toowoomba Hospital Oncology Ward
Payments for future Champs events.

The prize allocation for each player is:
AndyP - OZg$180
Hux - OZg$90
andigold - OZg$30

Wow....thanks AP.

3Puttpete
12th February 2014, 10:24 PM

Nobody knows why...

AndyP
12th February 2014, 10:25 PM
http://www.ozgolf.net/customprofilepics/profilepic5_1.gif

Wow....thanks AP.
No problem. It's good use of forum money.
Unless forum income slows down, all 4 state champs should get prize money from now on.

WBennett
12th February 2014, 10:41 PM
AndyC - bwahahahah. It should be AndyB - for my BUNNY!

PeteyD
12th February 2014, 10:54 PM
Keep telling yourself that Spud.

WBennett
12th February 2014, 11:03 PM
Undefeated in Union vs Confederate matches.

hocko
12th February 2014, 11:15 PM
Undefeated in Union vs Confederate matches.

I have a 100% loss rate thus far

BenM
12th February 2014, 11:16 PM
I have a 100% loss rate thus far

Ditto - after twice as many attempts!! :)

hocko
12th February 2014, 11:19 PM
Unfortunately I played against a bigger burglar than NK!

Shadesy
12th February 2014, 11:49 PM
4*-0 Nullarbor Cup

2*-0 Uncivil War

ooh yeah!

*includes 4 ball results not use of belly putter.

Peter
13th February 2014, 05:46 AM
Who ended up taking DC in the calcutta?

Captain Nemo
13th February 2014, 08:49 AM
Unfortunately I played against a bigger burglar than NK!

[-X

:smt056

Captain Nemo
13th February 2014, 08:49 AM
Who ended up taking DC in the calcutta?

Waddzy and i may have tried to buy him after we bought myself off Hocko!
:shock:

Courty
14th February 2014, 05:00 PM
Bump.

I have added a link to the Trip Advisor listing for the Parkview Hotel. Please leave a review as requested by Andigold.

Jmac
14th February 2014, 05:13 PM
Bump. I have added a link to the Trip Advisor listing for the Parkview Hotel. Please leave a review as requested by Andigold. Done. Thanks courty that made it easier.

Shadesy
14th February 2014, 05:21 PM
Yep Done.

I was actually surprised how good the rooms were. Im not fussy on these type of weekends but it felt like luxury.

Obviously we were well catered for by Andigold. Cheers mate.

BenM
14th February 2014, 05:23 PM
Mine's done too. Thanks heaps for looking after us Andi.

Captain Nemo
14th February 2014, 05:37 PM
Yep Done.

I was actually surprised how good the rooms were. Im not fussy on these type of weekends but it felt like luxury.

Obviously we were well catered for by Andigold. Cheers mate.

That's what I said to Gammon when we walked inside our room!
Felt like I was sleeping on a cloud as well....

FoxGolf
14th February 2014, 07:17 PM
Done. I'm glad Captain Piddles appeared down the Peninsula and not at the Parkview.

LeftyHoges
14th February 2014, 07:22 PM
Done. I'm glad Captain Piddles appeared down the Peninsula and not at the Parkview.

Speaking of, got these in the mail today. http://img.tapatalk.com/d/14/02/14/5egajase.jpg

http://img.tapatalk.com/d/14/02/14/be7a3amu.jpg

Shadesy
14th February 2014, 07:28 PM
I'm trying not to laugh....

simmsy
14th February 2014, 07:34 PM
:D
So awesome!!!

Was it shadesy getting nude that tipped him over?

FoxGolf
14th February 2014, 07:34 PM
Silicone like substance? What was Piddles up to? :wink:

simmsy
14th February 2014, 07:35 PM
Took the WAnkers name a tad too far perhaps?

Shadesy
14th February 2014, 07:35 PM
Silicone like substance? What was Piddles up to? :wink:

I'm assuming he was last to shower?

Captain Nemo
14th February 2014, 07:37 PM
WTF!!!!!

G.K
14th February 2014, 07:38 PM
Someone's got some explaining to do!

Silicone like? WTF indeed!

simmsy
14th February 2014, 07:57 PM
JMac had a 10 jack on the putt putt
Then had a 1jack in the shower and became

JWac!

backintheswing
14th February 2014, 08:04 PM
Unit 71a seems to have been the party room.

BenM
14th February 2014, 08:19 PM
So... You know when you're away on a golf trip and you start batting off in the shower...... Haha!

I get the piss cleanup, that's fair enough. But W.T.F. on the other.... Glad I didn't stay in that room!

Nice photoshop. However I'm guessing we'll be looking for different accommodation next year. Shame.

G.K
14th February 2014, 08:33 PM
You got me!

Jmac
14th February 2014, 09:58 PM
Good job with the photo shop. I believe the silicone substance was the upstairs shower. I was too drunk to shower that morning. And now too embarrassed. :/

Jmac
14th February 2014, 10:01 PM
Silicone like substance? What was Piddles up to? :wink: Captain piddles thanks.

BenM
14th February 2014, 10:03 PM
PMac!

I've done it before. But not in a hotel. And I didn't remember doing it either.

It probably won't make you feel any better to know that I heard about it for years and years afterward.... :D

chappy1970
14th February 2014, 10:13 PM
Speaking of, got these in the mail today. http://img.tapatalk.com/d/14/02/14/5egajase.jpg

Nasty

WBennett
14th February 2014, 10:27 PM
Just remember jmac

You are only drunk when you shit yourself.

Thus I have only been drunk twice.

Hux
15th February 2014, 08:20 AM
Captain piddles thanks.

You have some explaining to do? - Nappytime!!!

Waddzy
15th February 2014, 09:29 PM
Finally got home today after a great trip and have enough Internet to do this.

Just want to say a massive thanks for everyone for the great weekend , all the guys who played with me I apologise for the terrible golf I displayed but I enjoyed watching some serious golf being played .Haysey your a great bloke and proved that a you dont need a perfect swing to play good golf, Foxy on Friday having 34 on the front 9, titty lighting up the dunes (unlucky 3 jack finish) along with simmsy and Marto flushing it while I was just happy to finally crack 30 points myself on the Saturday was probably my highlight round, Sunday at portsea I felt for beninem as it wasn't the best golf but once again being a top bloke and along with billybaub and grumpy it turned out to be another great day of golf. Thanks to Jmac for carrying me in our 4ball on Monday to take down lefty and courty but great to watch lefty striping it .

Thank you spud your a legend for driving me and Marto around and not wanting to kill me as a roomie by the end of it I know the lack is sleep was catching up when the snoring kicked in by the last couple of nights . Your a great bloke and was great to have a hit with you on the Thursday.

The biggest thanks to go back to lefty for all the organising and everyone that helped him out and playing another couple of rounds with it it's always a pleasure , thank you andigold for looking after us so much which just makes this weekend so much easier to justify price wise ,all the night activities were great didn't manage to get to sleep before 2am any of the nights , from the first night beers back in mine and bennos room to the mini golf under iPhone light and finally getting kicked out of young and jacksons so they can close ( what is with that early closing time?)

I will definitely be locking it in for next year even though I find it hard this weekend can be matched due to just how good it was!

AndyP
16th February 2014, 10:08 PM
I've been wanting to do a summary all week, but I just haven't had the spare time in front of the keyboard.

I do want to thank everyone for one of the best weekends that I have had. Lefty and andigold help bring all of this together, and do a fantastic job, but the weekend would not be what it is without all of the people who make the effort to get there and have a fun weekend. Thank you Lefty and andigold. Thank you OZgolfers.

Jmac
18th February 2014, 10:53 PM
PMac! I've done it before. But not in a hotel. And I didn't remember doing it either.It probably won't make you feel any better to know that I heard about it for years and years afterward.... :D Oh I'm well aware of the repercussions BenM. But thanks

Jmac
18th February 2014, 10:53 PM
Just remember jmacYou are only drunk when you shit yourself. Thus I have only been drunk twice.That's me never then. Ta

WBennett
18th February 2014, 11:10 PM
Finally got home today after a great trip and have enough Internet to do this.Just want to say a massive thanks for everyone for the great weekend , all the guys who played with me I apologise for the terrible golf I displayed but I enjoyed watching some serious golf being played .Haysey your a great bloke and proved that a you dont need a perfect swing to play good golf, Foxy on Friday having 34 on the front 9, titty lighting up the dunes (unlucky 3 jack finish) along with simmsy and Marto flushing it while I was just happy to finally crack 30 points myself on the Saturday was probably my highlight round, Sunday at portsea I felt for beninem as it wasn't the best golf but once again being a top bloke and along with billybaub and grumpy it turned out to be another great day of golf. Thanks to Jmac for carrying me in our 4ball on Monday to take down lefty and courty but great to watch lefty striping it .Thank you spud your a legend for driving me and Marto around and not wanting to kill me as a roomie by the end of it I know the lack is sleep was catching up when the snoring kicked in by the last couple of nights . Your a great bloke and was great to have a hit with you on the Thursday.The biggest thanks to go back to lefty for all the organising and everyone that helped him out and playing another couple of rounds with it it's always a pleasure , thank you andigold for looking after us so much which just makes this weekend so much easier to justify price wise ,all the night activities were great didn't manage to get to sleep before 2am any of the nights , from the first night beers back in mine and bennos room to the mini golf under iPhone light and finally getting kicked out of young and jacksons so they can close ( what is with that early closing time?)I will definitely be locking it in for next year even though I find it hard this weekend can be matched due to just how good it was!Twaz a pleasure Lee Westwood. Marto was right, you are a top kid. Hope you enjoyed the week with the missus!

simmsy
18th February 2014, 11:56 PM
Twaz a pleasure Lee Westwood. Marto was right, you are a top kid. Hope you enjoyed the week with my missus!

What tha?

WBennett
19th February 2014, 08:29 AM
What tha?

2nd prize in the matchplay was two weeks with my missus.

Bruce
19th February 2014, 08:35 AM

Are the people involved taking care of this? No way is Lefty footing the bill for that.

Captain Nemo
19th February 2014, 08:52 AM
I thought it was a gee up?
Disclaimer, i did not set foot in that room on the evening that these alledged indescretions took place.... ;)

Ned
19th February 2014, 11:58 AM
I thought it was a gee up?Disclaimer, i did not set foot in that room on the evening that these alledged indescretions took place.... ;) It is :wink:

PeteyD
19th February 2014, 12:00 PM
Yep. Well played Hefty and County.

andigold
19th February 2014, 12:15 PM
Are the people involved taking care of this? No way is Lefty footing the bill for that.

Should have checked Snopes Bruce :)

Monsta
19th February 2014, 05:03 PM
Well been home for a few days now and what can be said about such a great golf trip.

Big thanks to Lefty for everything, I can easily say that it was the best golf trip I have been on. Special thanks to Andigold for the accommodation (extra days as well)
Great to meet some new faces and catch up with others already known. To my playing partners, I enjoyed the great company at some exceptional courses.
As VC of the Confederates, it was an absolute pleasure to assist in retaining the trophy, Solarman was a worthy opponent (thank f*%k I didn't lose, would never live that down)
Thanks to everyone for the comments on the trophies, was glad that they were received well (wondering if AndyP has actually let go of his yet ????)

Extra thanks to Jack for the game at Port Fairy after the champs, was the only time that I played well.

I didn't do much camera work this year, but if no-one has any objections, I would like to post the photos taken on Sunday at the presentation, (I am pretty sure that I have individual shots of everyone as well as winners etc)

Thanks to everyone for a fantastic time

LeftyHoges
19th February 2014, 05:05 PM
Well been home for a few days now and what can be said about such a great golf trip.

Big thanks to Lefty for everything, I can easily say that it was the best golf trip I have been on. Special thanks to Andigold for the accommodation (extra days as well)
Great to meet some new faces and catch up with others already known. To my playing partners, I enjoyed the great company at some exceptional courses.
As VC of the Confederates, it was an absolute pleasure to assist in retaining the trophy, Solarman was a worthy opponent (thank f*%k I didn't lose, would never live that down)
Thanks to everyone for the comments on the trophies, was glad that they were received well (wondering if AndyP has actually let go of his yet ????)

Extra thanks to Jack for the game at Port Fairy after the champs, was the only time that I played well.

I didn't do much camera work this year, but if no-one has any objections, I would like to post the photos taken on Sunday at the presentation, (I am pretty sure that I have individual shots of everyone as well as winners etc)

Thanks to everyone for a fantastic time

Thanks Kev!

And as organiser I can say to hell with you if you have any objections. Post away monsta!

LeftyHoges
24th February 2014, 07:41 PM
I swear to god, I did not touch this. The letters just appeared in that order.

http://img.tapatalk.com/d/14/02/24/u4e4ugyh.jpg

Courty
24th February 2014, 07:45 PM
:lol:

BenM
24th February 2014, 07:54 PM
Hahaha!

WBennett
24th February 2014, 08:23 PM
I swear to god, I did not touch this. The letters just appeared in that order.http://img.tapatalk.com/d/14/02/24/u4e4ugyh.jpg That is awesome

FoxGolf
24th February 2014, 08:32 PM
Wow. How good is that!!! :D

spanner039
24th February 2014, 08:40 PM
Do you do ouija board as well?

if your that good at words with friends..........

LeftyHoges
24th February 2014, 08:45 PM
Note the use of moot and titty too. Very happy with that pic.

AndyP
24th February 2014, 09:17 PM
Did the game accept that word as is?

LeftyHoges
24th February 2014, 09:25 PM
Did the game accept that word as is?

I put it all in front of a D and made it past tense.

Jmac
26th February 2014, 12:44 AM
I swear to god, I did not touch this. The letters just appeared in that order.http://img.tapatalk.com/d/14/02/24/u4e4ugyh.jpg Haha wow! That is all I can say.

Marto65
26th February 2014, 08:22 AM
That's a pisser.

Webster
2nd March 2014, 06:01 PM

My pleasure mate, I very much enjoyed the hit at Port Fairy.

FoxGolf
13th March 2014, 10:59 PM
Is there anyone else who hasn't had a hit since the champs? I jumped the back fence one night a couple of weeks ago and spent 10 minutes chipping but that's as close as I've been to getting a hit.

Booked in for this Saturday and can't wait to get out there.

LeftyHoges
13th March 2014, 11:02 PM
Is there anyone else who hasn't had a hit since the champs? I jumped the back fence one night a couple of weeks ago and spent 10 minutes chipping but that's as close as I've been to getting a hit.

Booked in for this Saturday and can't wait to get out there.

I played last weekend. About as close as you'll get I'd say.

FoxGolf
13th March 2014, 11:03 PM
Sad isn't it!

AndyP
14th March 2014, 07:46 AM
Just the one comp for me, I think. And a couple of midweek hits, but they have been in the last week and a bit. It's not from not wanting to play

Marto65
14th March 2014, 07:58 AM
According to the POTY spreadsheet ... you guys are not the only ones.

WBennett
14th March 2014, 11:52 AM
Played every. And it has rained almost every week....

Monsta has racked up over a dozen rounds

IanO
27th March 2014, 02:59 AM
I missed the champs due to moving to Prague and now haven't played since 1 Feb

Captain Nemo
27th March 2014, 07:06 AM
I missed the champs due to moving to Prague and now haven't played since 1 Feb
WTF????

IanO
27th March 2014, 07:19 AM
Well it has been 0* or below a fair bit here

Captain Nemo
27th March 2014, 08:30 AM
What the bloody hell are you doing over there?
On a brighter note, Cheap Pilsner Urquell?

IanO
27th March 2014, 08:47 AM
My wife and I are both on 2 year assignments working here. Apartment right near the river opposite the theatre. Beer is bloody good and cheap

Captain Nemo
27th March 2014, 08:54 AM
Good for you mate, long time no hear...thought something must have been up!

IanO
27th March 2014, 08:57 AM
I have just been a bit busy. As soon as I get on a course I will post comments

Captain Nemo
27th March 2014, 08:59 AM
Nice, good luck with it all, shoot some pics back to us.

IanO
27th March 2014, 09:00 AM
Will do.

AndyP
2nd June 2014, 10:17 PM
Carlisle Pizza is open at 10:10p on a Monday. This guy doesn't go home.

Also, food is available at the Taphouse until 10:30p, so we stuffed up there. There is another bar, plus outdoor area upstairs.

LeftyHoges
2nd June 2014, 10:18 PM
Carlisle Pizza is open at 10:10p on a Monday. This guy doesn't go home.

Also, food is available at the Taphouse until 10:30p, so we stuffed up there. There is another bar, plus outdoor area upstairs.

Well, we know where we're going next year then, don't we?

AndyP
2nd June 2014, 10:22 PM
I took this photo last night sans me, Vicci and chicky babe. The girls don't dig me without a trophy. :(
http://img.tapatalk.com/d/14/06/02/y4y7evu4.jpg

Young & Jacksons was better than Beer Deluxe as far as beer goes IMO.

That is all from this reconnaissance trip.

WBennett
2nd June 2014, 11:04 PM
Thanks for your sacrifice AP.

Peppas
2nd June 2014, 11:05 PM
How's organising next year going? I heard a rumour we were playing RM Composite? :)

mrbluu
2nd June 2014, 11:21 PM
Well, we know where we're going next year then, don't we? Any dates set or considered for next year yet?

AndyP
2nd June 2014, 11:38 PM
I doubt that the date will change very much.

WBennett
3rd June 2014, 07:18 AM
I missed One Direction tickets. (where is the not very sad face emoticon?)

Captain Nemo
3rd June 2014, 08:07 AM
How's organising next year going? I heard a rumour we were playing RM Composite? :)

I heard it was Albert Park...?
;)

AndyP
3rd June 2014, 12:28 PM
I heard it was Albert Park...?
;)Albert Park was looking schmick this morning, although I can't believe there were people out there playing it, in half light and drizzle.

LarryLong
3rd June 2014, 02:53 PM
Doing a bit of reconnaissance on the parkrun course Andy?

AndyP
3rd June 2014, 03:19 PM
Lots of puddle jumping for the course this morning.

I've also been confirming that the accommodation is still fantastic. I'll be back again in July.