PDA

View Full Version : 2014 VIC OZgolf Champs - Feb 7 - 10

Pages : 1 2 3 4 5 [6] 7 8 9

AndyP
15th January 2014, 05:29 PM
I've just booked airport parking. Brisbane guys, the BAP fees are cheaper if you book 21 days in advance. Still not as cheap as the off-site centres, but more competitive and less of a PITA on the day.

solarman
16th January 2014, 11:11 AM
Contacted Sportsbet for an update and currently Union is at 3/1 and Confectioners can't get odds until they find out who's going to chicken out at the last minute.

Monsta hopes to get 6/5.

LarryLong
16th January 2014, 12:00 PM
Contacted Sportsbet for an update and currently Union is at 3/1

I'm no bookie, but that suggests that the confederates will be paying about $1.35

Hard to argue with Sportsbet, they do this sort of thing for a living after all.

LeftyHoges
16th January 2014, 12:11 PM
I'm no bookie, but that suggests that the confederates will be paying about $1.35

Hard to argue with Sportsbet, they do this sort of thing for a living after all.

:smt023:

solarman
16th January 2014, 12:17 PM
[QUOTE=

Monsta hopes to get 6/5.[/QUOTE]

You par obviously missed the pun

Monsta
16th January 2014, 12:43 PM
You par obviously missed the pun

Great play on words Patsyman, ohhh you didnt mean to do it, just cant spell eh ?

The only odds that I know of are the Union scum :lol:

LeftyHoges
16th January 2014, 04:41 PM
OK guys, most clubs have indicated to me that they need final numbers and payment by the 24th of January, so therefore I'll need to get final payments from everyone by no later than Wednesday 22nd. For others / locals this is your absolute last chance to get in on any of the days (not including Friday which is now full.)

I require the following payments from these people:
* andigold - $159
* billybaub - $150
* bruce - $465 (is your dad interested in playing with us again this year? More than welcome)
* courty - $414
* gammon - $195
* grumpy - $79
* Hocko - $361 (if you're staying Sat night, $291 if not)
* Hux - $659
* Kev - $428
* Marto65 - $359
* oncewasagolfer - $188
* peppas - $334
* Peter_rs - $143
* Titleist - $195
* wbennett - $21

If you need my bank details again just let me know.

WBennett
16th January 2014, 04:44 PM
payment made Lefty

LeftyHoges
16th January 2014, 04:46 PM
I require the following payments from these people:

* wbennett - $21

payment made Lefty

Reeling in the big fish! :lol:

Thanks Benno!

haysey
16th January 2014, 05:09 PM
It appears someone's been sneaking in to RM for some bunker practice..

.http://img.tapatalk.com/d/14/01/16/sugahaju.jpg

Captain Nemo
16th January 2014, 05:10 PM
Lefty, sorry mate I thought we where paying down there...
I'll sort it out by close of day tomorrow.

haysey
16th January 2014, 05:14 PM
Also, let's talk about this bet that Bob made...

http://img.tapatalk.com/d/14/01/16/etamusyg.jpg

There's been some discussion about this bet being paid off during the Saturday night festivities. Thoughts?

LeftyHoges
16th January 2014, 05:15 PM
Lefty, sorry mate I thought we where paying down there...
I'll sort it out by close of day tomorrow.

No worries mate, unfortunately majority of things have to be pre-paid in Melbourne.
The only thing that we'll pay for down there / here is the accommodation at andigolds hotel upon checkout.

Can you let Gammon know also?

Captain Nemo
16th January 2014, 05:18 PM
Yep, I've already emailed him....
Sorry for the lateness.... :(

AndyP
16th January 2014, 05:35 PM
Also, let's talk about this bet that Bob made...

There's been some discussion about this bet being paid off during the Saturday night festivities. Thoughts?
Sunday night when we head into the CBD would be better.

Captain Nemo
16th January 2014, 05:48 PM
Paid!
;)

Courty
16th January 2014, 06:21 PM
Sunday night when we head into the CBD would be better.

How about a lap of the 18th at RM after the round? :lol:

Monsta
16th January 2014, 06:48 PM
How about a lap of the 18th at RM after the round? :lol:

But what if we want to go back next year????????

Bruce
16th January 2014, 06:55 PM
$$$ Sent.

Hux
16th January 2014, 07:17 PM
Paid.

Peppas
16th January 2014, 09:42 PM
Lefty, money sent!

peter_rs
16th January 2014, 10:03 PM
Paid

Hope we get this weeks weather it's been great.

LeftyHoges
16th January 2014, 10:06 PM
Paid

Hope we get this weeks weather it's been great.

Not down here it hasn't! :lol:

peter_rs
16th January 2014, 10:31 PM
Lefty I have been in melb all week.

And back next week.

Adelaide was worse we had reports of 53 come in :(

LarryLong
16th January 2014, 10:32 PM
If we get this week's weather I'll be hitting balls into water hazards and looking for them

LeftyHoges
17th January 2014, 07:47 AM
Sorry Bruce, I've cleared my PM inbox. Try again mate.

LeftyHoges
17th January 2014, 08:25 AM
Lefty I have been in melb all week.

And back next week.

Adelaide was worse we had reports of 53 come in :(

You've been here all week and you think this is great?!

Madness. :lol:

Peppas
17th January 2014, 10:23 AM
Hey Lefty how many balls will I need?

Squizzys has free shipping this weekend can I ship some balls to you? Will 100 be enough for 4 days? ;)

LeftyHoges
17th January 2014, 10:43 AM
Hey Lefty how many balls will I need?

Squizzys has free shipping this weekend can I ship some balls to you? Will 100 be enough for 4 days? ;)

4 rounds, bank on losing 3 a day, so a dozen should see you through.

You can definitely get them sent to me and I'll bring them. Let me know and I'll PM you my address.

Peppas
17th January 2014, 10:50 AM

You can definitely get them sent to me and I'll bring them. Let me know and I'll PM you my address.

Ok, so you're saying I might only need 50? :) I'll see how I go... anyone else sending balls to Lefty's pad?

Waddzy
17th January 2014, 10:51 AM

3 a day? is that for yourself? or golfers on my level? im predicting a loss of 6 balls per round so bringing 2 dozen and will fork out for a few pro shop balls if needed by the last day.

Peppas
17th January 2014, 10:59 AM
3 a day? is that for yourself? or golfers on my level? im predicting a loss of 6 balls per round so bringing 2 dozen and will fork out for a few pro shop balls if needed by the last day.

Want some balls from Squizzys sent to Leftys pad?

Waddzy
17th January 2014, 11:02 AM
I was going to get some Lethals and they arent that cheap from Squizzys so I might just throw them in my bags.. I have 35kg luggage so I dont see it being a problem. Thanks anyway but mate.

LeftyHoges
17th January 2014, 11:05 AM
Ok, so you're saying I might only need 50? :) I'll see how I go... anyone else sending balls to Lefty's pad?

I think a couple might, but this offer applies to everyone. If you wan't to have some stuff shipped down to me prior, whatever it may be, feel free.

:lol:

I'll most likely average losing 1 a day, so 3 might've been a bit over the mark. It really does depend if the wind gets up (especially over the weekend, it's not meant to but you never know) and how bad you're spraying it.

LeftyHoges
17th January 2014, 11:08 AM

I was going to get some Lethals and they arent that cheap from Squizzys so I might just throw them in my bags.. I have 35kg luggage so I dont see it being a problem. Thanks anyway but mate.

Just FYI, GolfBox has free express postage, and is $99 for 3 dozen Lethals with a free towel.

Waddzy
17th January 2014, 11:09 AM
I'll most likely average losing 1 a day, so 3 might've been a bit over the mark. It really does depend if the wind gets up (especially over the weekend, it's not meant to but you never know) and how bad you're spraying it.

Spraying doesnt justify the way im playing golf right now, I hit the ball and literally have no idea where it may have gone.. a dozen a day it is! becoming an expensive weekend.. Are the courses we are playing very open and windy?

Waddzy
17th January 2014, 11:10 AM
Just FYI, GolfBox has free express postage, and is $99 for 3 dozen Lethals with a free towel.
PM incoming for address..

LeftyHoges
17th January 2014, 11:44 AM
Spraying doesnt justify the way im playing golf right now, I hit the ball and literally have no idea where it may have gone.. a dozen a day it is! becoming an expensive weekend.. Are the courses we are playing very open and windy?

Just checked the weather forecast and the windiest it'll be is around 20 clicks with gusts up to about 35 so not too bad. The Saturday and Sunday courses are links tracks down on the peninsula so there are chances for lost balls there, while the ti-tree and long rough at RM and Woodlands can snavel a few quickly. Shouldn't lose too many at Kew.

Peppas
17th January 2014, 12:02 PM
Just checked the weather forecast and the windiest it'll be is around 20 clicks with gusts up to about 35 so not too bad. The Saturday and Sunday courses are links tracks down on the peninsula so there are chances for lost balls there, while the ti-tree and long rough at RM and Woodlands can snavel a few quickly. Shouldn't lose too many at Kew.

So I'll need that 100 after all? :P

I need to check my baggage limit before I figure out if I need to buy any...

Peppas
17th January 2014, 12:02 PM
Ohh I got 25kg... how much would my set of clubs be? About 10?

Dotty
17th January 2014, 12:06 PM
Ohh I got 25kg... how much would my set of clubs be? About 10?
Work on 12kg including wet weather cover and jacket

Peppas
17th January 2014, 12:08 PM
Work on 12kg including wet weather cover and jacket

Thanks Dotty, how many balls do you think I should take? ;)

Marto65
17th January 2014, 12:22 PM

At least 2

Monsta
17th January 2014, 12:23 PM
At least 2

:smt038:smt038

WBennett
17th January 2014, 12:46 PM
Peppas

The courses are not water penal.

However, there is long rough at The Dunes and Portsea which will snaffle loose shots. See the course tours

http://www.portseagolf.com.au/cms/course/hole-1/
http://www.thedunes.com.au/cms/guests/course-information/course-guide/

Peppas
17th January 2014, 12:49 PM
Peppas

The courses are not water penal.

However, there is long rough at The Dunes and Portsea which will snaffle loose shots. See the course tours

http://www.portseagolf.com.au/cms/course/hole-1/
http://www.thedunes.com.au/cms/guests/course-information/course-guide/

Ok thanks mate... I am pretty wayward so I will pack up the remaining weightage I have in my bag on balls :) Or I'll just take whatever number Dotty tells me to!

Bruce
17th January 2014, 01:04 PM
depending on the weather between now and then the rough may die off enough to make things easier to find.

WBennett
17th January 2014, 01:04 PM
The tiger snake problem has eased up that way hasnt it Bruce ;)

LeftyHoges
17th January 2014, 01:11 PM
The tiger snake problem has eased up that way hasnt it Bruce ;)

We're trying to encourage people to come Benno, not drive away those that are already booked in!

Peppas
17th January 2014, 01:35 PM
Wow some nice tips for some of the holes.

3rd at Dunes - "Don’t go left. Do not be short. Right is not good either."

So much positivity :)

WBennett
17th January 2014, 01:39 PM
3rd at dunes hits across a ridge line to a little green over scrub and crap. I missed it by 25m left last time and it ended on the 4th tee. Made a great 4 :)

Peppas
17th January 2014, 01:41 PM
3rd at dunes hits across a ridge line to a little green over scrub and crap. I missed it by 25m left last time and it ended on the 4th tee. Made a great 4 :)

So from the course guide I read... be long? :)

simmsy
17th January 2014, 01:45 PM
Atleast he left open the hit it high or low option

Bruce
17th January 2014, 01:46 PM
I disagree. Short if fine, long is mostly OK, left is bad and right is diabolical.

4 - Go long and right over the bunkers. You won't be able to see the green and you will be playing from the rough, but it is actually easier to hit it from there than from any position where you can see it.

WBennett
17th January 2014, 01:50 PM
4 - Blast driver as far as you can down the next fairway. Pitch on to green. Easy :)

LeftyHoges
17th January 2014, 02:39 PM
OK guys, time to break some bad news.

We received word midweek that due to the current heatwave in Melbourne that Kew GC have had some of their course works delayed.

Unfortunately this means that they will have two holes (the 8th and either the 6th or the 3rd) shortened to par 3's with temporary greens. Missing 8 is not so much of a drama as the 17th is very similar, and I'm hoping its the 3rd as that's a bitch of a hole anyway! :lol: Temporary greens in Melbourne aren't a huge issue as they just mow the fairway a little shorter, and they're still faster and better than QLD greens!

My sincerest apologies for this and Peter from Kew GC also sends his apologies to our group. It was decided by the committee that due to short timeframe, and people having booked flights with specific location and time in mind we would go ahead with the booking. As a consolation they have knocked $15 off our green fees. If you would like this returned to you prior to champs please let me know your bank details and I'll deposit the cash back, or I can have it for you in an envelope at champs.

Of course, generosity is a virtue, and it can be donated towards prize pools or the nominated VIC Champs charity if you wish. Dealers choice.

Sorry for the bad news gents and lady.

Waddzy
17th January 2014, 02:45 PM
OK guys, time to break some bad news.

We received word midweek that due to the current heatwave in Melbourne that Kew GC have had some of their course works delayed.

Unfortunately this means that they will have two holes (the 8th and either the 6th or the 3rd) shortened to par 3's with temporary greens. Missing 8 is not so much of a drama as the 17th is very similar, and I'm hoping its the 3rd as that's a bitch of a hole anyway! :lol: Temporary greens in Melbourne aren't a huge issue as they just mow the fairway a little shorter, and they're still faster and better than QLD greens!

My sincerest apologies for this and Peter from Kew GC also sends his apologies to our group. It was decided by the committee that due to short timeframe, and people having booked flights with specific location and time in mind we would go ahead with the booking. As a consolation they have knocked $15 off our green fees. If you would like this returned to you prior to champs please let me know your bank details and I'll deposit the cash back, or I can have it for you in an envelope at champs.

Of course, generosity is a virtue, and it can be donated towards prize pools or the nominated VIC Champs charity if you wish. Dealers choice.

Sorry for the bad news gents.

No biggie.. sounds like the other 16 holes will be better than I have ever played yet anyway by the sounds of things ;)

Monsta
17th January 2014, 02:49 PM
Throw mine in the prize pool Lefty.

Peppas
17th January 2014, 02:51 PM
Happy for it to go in the prize pool unless I am running low on balls :)

simmsy
17th January 2014, 02:55 PM
Lefty what is the Vic Champs charity of choice mate?
I'm sure it's been mentioned somewhere but I can't remember sorry.

Courty
17th January 2014, 02:59 PM
Donate mine wherever is appropriate (prizes or charity).

LeftyHoges
17th January 2014, 03:00 PM
Lefty what is the Vic Champs charity of choice mate?
I'm sure it's been mentioned somewhere but I can't remember sorry.

We thought it would be easier to just keep 2 OZgolf "main charities" so the VIC champs will alternate between BeyondBlue and The Leon Treadwell Memorial Day fund. Seeing as you've made the trip this year we thought it fitting that BeyondBlue be this years.

Hope that's ok mate.

Captain Nemo
17th January 2014, 03:06 PM
Throw mine and Gammons in prize or charity....

AndyP
17th January 2014, 03:15 PM
We thought it would be easier to just keep 2 OZgolf "main charities" so the VIC champs will alternate between LifeLine and The Leon Treadwell Memorial Day fund. Seeing as you've made the trip this year we thought it fitting that LifeLine be this years.

Hope that's ok mate.The WA Champs charity was Beyond Blue, Lefty.

WBennett
17th January 2014, 03:19 PM
Charity is fine for me. Can we now claim travel expenses on tax as we were donating to charity? ;)

LeftyHoges
17th January 2014, 03:20 PM
The WA Champs charity was Beyond Blue, Lefty.

Shit. That's what I meant to say. Where did I get LifeLine from?

Beyond Blue people.

AndyP
17th January 2014, 03:30 PM
Where did I get LifeLine from?Simmsy's signature.

LeftyHoges
17th January 2014, 03:30 PM
Simmsy's signature.

Probably was too. Cheers.

FoxGolf
17th January 2014, 04:17 PM
I'm happy for prizes or charity.

Either way will be a donation from me.

FoxGolf
17th January 2014, 04:27 PM
Anyone up for the cups course on saturday as well?

Anyone still thinking about this? The more golf the better while i'm away from the wife and kids.

BenM
17th January 2014, 05:06 PM
I might play cheltenham as a warm up to rm.

Anyone up for the cups course on saturday as well?

Yes

And happy for my 15 doleros to go to prizes or charity too. No sweat.

simmsy
17th January 2014, 05:42 PM
Cups course could well be visited.

WBennett
17th January 2014, 07:01 PM
Cups course will depend on energy levels. But as I am carting the Dunes it could be a good option. Accommodation is only 3 mins down the road too

simmsy
17th January 2014, 07:04 PM
Sweet. Few beers after the main game then head out for another 9 skins comp

Jmac
18th January 2014, 07:03 PM
Anyone still thinking about this? The more golf the better while i'm away from the wife and kids. Sounds good to me.

LeftyHoges
18th January 2014, 07:32 PM
DC down to 2. Retains favouritism for this champs.

Ned
19th January 2014, 07:45 AM

Donate mine and grumpys to Beyond Blue Lefty. 8)

Wow some nice tips for some of the holes.

3rd at Dunes - "Don’t go left. Do not be short. Right is not good either."

So much positivity :)

If the comp is Stableford, you could miss that hole and play drinks biatch for your group :wink:

At least 2

Gold Marto!

It appears someone's been sneaking in to RM for some bunker practice..

.http://img.tapatalk.com/d/14/01/16/sugahaju.jpg

No wonder he hadn't been at work.

dc68
19th January 2014, 12:15 PM
DC down to 2. Retains favouritism for this champs.
Pfft

LeftyHoges
21st January 2014, 08:45 AM
Not long to go before final entries close.

C'mon locals, we're stuck at the rather uncomfortable number of 33 for the weekend games, would be great to get to 36.

Chappy, mint, Goldy, chinaski, wools, oz, ozdevil, firey, BGH? Any of you available?

Ned
21st January 2014, 08:50 AM
Not long to go before final entries close.C'mon locals, we're stuck at the rather uncomfortable number of 33 for the weekend games, would be great to get to 36.Chappy, mint, Goldy, chinaski, wools, oz, ozdevil, firey? Any of you available? dc's favouritism causing concern maybe?

simmsy
21st January 2014, 10:46 AM
You're sandbagging more likely

Ned
21st January 2014, 10:58 AM
You're sandbagging more likely You're heafs bag biatch.

simmsy
21st January 2014, 11:21 AM
I've been known to carry Heafs bag. Yes.

Ned
21st January 2014, 12:43 PM
I've been known to carry Heafs bag. Yes. Tea bag?

simmsy
21st January 2014, 03:06 PM
I reckon heaf will be dishin out a couple of tea bags to the unionistas on Friday arvo.

LeftyHoges
22nd January 2014, 11:03 AM
Last chance locals. I'll send out some PM's to try and gather some interest to fill the final spots.

simmsy
22nd January 2014, 11:06 AM
I can't believe Yoss isn't coming to this.
Single
Childless
Nil responsibilities in life
And can't find a way to get here.

Peppas
22nd January 2014, 11:07 AM
I can't believe Yoss isn't coming to this.
Single
Childless
Nil responsibilities in life
And can't find a way to get here.

Yoss isn't coming?

LeftyHoges
22nd January 2014, 11:28 AM
Yoss isn't coming?

No Yoss!

simmsy
22nd January 2014, 11:34 AM
Boooo

LeftyHoges
22nd January 2014, 11:35 AM
Boooo

Boooo-urns?

oncewasagolfer
22nd January 2014, 01:12 PM
I can give a couple of people a lift down Saturday morning if that will help entice any more players. Chappy, mint c'mon guys:)

oncewasagolfer
23rd January 2014, 04:03 PM
Just paid sorry for the delay lefty.

LeftyHoges
24th January 2014, 11:05 AM
OK locals, absolute last, no nonsense chance to get in on any of the days. I have to have numbers finalised and to the clubs by Tuesday next week. 2PM Tuesday is you're absolute cutoff point, no more entries will be accepted after that.

Chinaski and Chappy, can I have your confirmations for Saturday at your earliest convenience please?

Locals, we're at the uncomfortable number of 33 for Sunday so there's still 3 spots available for this day also.

Shadesy
24th January 2014, 11:42 AM
You will get to meet me if that helps seal the deal.

Monsta
24th January 2014, 11:49 AM
And we can keep Patsyman and PeteyD away from you if that helps as well :D

simmsy
24th January 2014, 11:51 AM
And Yoss won't be there in person but I fear his spirit may be large

Monsta
24th January 2014, 07:22 PM
Hope everyone appreciates the trophies I am making, because I just put a f*/king chisel thru my thumb !!!!!!

My son doesn't like the sight of blood, thought he was going to feint :x

Marto65
24th January 2014, 07:24 PM
Hope everyone appreciates the trophies I am making, because I just put a f*/king chisel thru my thumb !!!!!!

Which Chisel?

Monsta
24th January 2014, 07:26 PM
The sharpest one that I have :smt087 and it wasn't cold either

Marto65
24th January 2014, 07:41 PM
Are you sure you're not fishing for excuses in case you get beaten by supersolarman?

Monsta
24th January 2014, 07:50 PM
Could've chopped it off completely and still not worried about Patsyman

Lucasto23
24th January 2014, 10:17 PM
Damn it why am I in Melbourne 2 weeks early :(

peter_rs
24th January 2014, 11:28 PM
After two weeks I will be happy not to be back before the champs

Dotty
25th January 2014, 09:09 AM

Was it the Gross trophy?
Those things should be banned.

GWS.

Monsta
25th January 2014, 09:24 AM
Was it the Gross trophy?
Those things should be banned.

GWS.

Whats a gross trophy???????

PeteyD
25th January 2014, 09:25 AM
Whats a gross trophy???????

Some of that fake vomit you get at the magic shop.

Monsta
25th January 2014, 09:32 AM
Some of that fake vomit you get at the magic shop.

But Marto and Lefty can supply the real thing, why use fake stuff???

LeftyHoges
25th January 2014, 09:34 AM
But Marto and Lefty can supply the real thing, why use fake stuff???

Not this year. BITS has his hard-earned on me. Can't let him down.

LarryLong
25th January 2014, 12:50 PM

Ouch! Did you shank it with the hammer?

Can you use it for golf, or have you just ruined your champs preparation?

LeftyHoges
25th January 2014, 02:22 PM
ANNOUNCEMENT:

No VIC Champs under my organisation will ever be played on links courses again.

****ing links courses.

peter_rs
25th January 2014, 02:23 PM
That's it I'm no chance

LeftyHoges
25th January 2014, 02:25 PM
That's it I'm no chance

I've gotta give myself a chance. ;-)

simmsy
25th January 2014, 03:28 PM
Play well today mate. :)

LeftyHoges
25th January 2014, 03:31 PM
Play well today mate. :)

NCR.

simmsy
25th January 2014, 04:00 PM
Nice.
U and Hocko should group together. ;)

Monsta
25th January 2014, 04:10 PM
Ouch! Did you shank it with the hammer?

Can you use it for golf, or have you just ruined your champs preparation?

Just like my golf shots, couldn't hit it straight.
Played today and now need a new glove, its white with blood red thumb…….

Marto65
25th January 2014, 04:49 PM
Sounds like a good trophy monsta.

FoxGolf
25th January 2014, 04:53 PM
Just like my golf shots, couldn't hit it straight.
Played today and now need a new glove, its white with blood red thumb…….

Just getting it ready for the blood of the Union scum Colonel Monsta.

Hux
25th January 2014, 09:49 PM
Whats the Slope rating for the Dunes?

LeftyHoges
25th January 2014, 09:51 PM
Whats the Slope rating for the Dunes?

141 mate.

simmsy
25th January 2014, 10:03 PM
Love high slop'n courses:)

Shadesy
25th January 2014, 11:22 PM
141 mate.

Hmmm 12

Bruce
27th January 2014, 02:25 PM
Shall I bring some poker equipment for Saturday night?

LeftyHoges
27th January 2014, 02:30 PM

Yes please.

simmsy
27th January 2014, 02:46 PM

Rubin is a late entry for Vic Champs

Bruce
27th January 2014, 03:30 PM
Also - is there anyone travelling that would prefer to walk and borrow a push buggy?

simmsy
27th January 2014, 03:40 PM
cheers Bruce, i think Lefty is bringing me his spare buggy that i will probably use so i'm right.

Jmac
27th January 2014, 07:23 PM
Also - is there anyone travelling that would prefer to walk and borrow a push buggy?

Hi Bruce, I'm new here but coming over for the champs and might borrow that buggy for a few rounds if I could. Cheers

Bruce
27th January 2014, 07:41 PM
Done :)

Jmac
27th January 2014, 08:53 PM
Done :)

Thanks mate

LeftyHoges
27th January 2014, 11:01 PM
So I can't convince any more locals?

Looks like 35 it is for Saturday (if Chappy and chinaski can confirm) and a nasty 33 for Sunday.

Final group of 5? :lol:

Shadesy
27th January 2014, 11:56 PM
*cough* countdown *cough*

simmsy
28th January 2014, 12:53 AM
So I can't convince any more locals?

Looks like 35 it is for Saturday (if Chappy and chinaski can confirm) and a nasty 33 for Sunday.

Final group of 5? :lol:

Surely Sat naga has to lead out on his pat Malone :)

simmsy
28th January 2014, 12:55 AM
http://img.tapatalk.com/d/14/01/27/qyzypaby.jpg

simmsy
28th January 2014, 12:56 AM
http://img.tapatalk.com/d/14/01/27/a6e3u8ah.jpg

Jmac
28th January 2014, 01:00 AM
http://img.tapatalk.com/d/14/01/27/a6e3u8ah.jpg

Excited much simmsy?

simmsy
28th January 2014, 08:44 AM
About the same as my 6&4 yo boys were on Dec 24.

WBennett
28th January 2014, 10:55 AM
Ditto.

WBennett
28th January 2014, 10:59 AM
As its first come first served for thursday, I neknominate Hayesy to be in my group.
Anyone else keen to join me?

PeteyD
28th January 2014, 11:03 AM
Is it?

Marto65
28th January 2014, 11:05 AM
We already have a group Thursday Benno ...

Shadesy, Simmsy, Courty and myself.

LeftyHoges
28th January 2014, 11:05 AM
Is it?

Yep, as Thurs is unofficial it's organise your own groups. Ideally, use this and / or Monday as a day to play with someone you haven't played with yet. I'll post groups for Saturday shortly so that you can use this as a guide also.

Edit: seeing as we've never had a game together Benno I'd be happy to join you, so long as Hayseys not sick of me.

Marto65
28th January 2014, 11:10 AM
With 22 players at Woodland ... might need 2 groups of 3.

PeteyD
28th January 2014, 11:12 AM
Maybe a thread to see who is playing and who has sorted teams would be a good idea?

WBennett
28th January 2014, 11:26 AM
Thanks Lefty. You are no3.

WBennett
28th January 2014, 11:34 AM
Lucky no 4 is my roomie waddzy. Welcome aboard.

Waddzy
28th January 2014, 11:38 AM
Lucky no 4 is my roomie waddzy. Welcome aboard.
Awesome stuff , youll be able to sledge even harder Thursday night after seeing my game first hand, Thursday practice rounds with lefty are always fun.. that rangefinder working lefty?

LeftyHoges
28th January 2014, 11:43 AM
Awesome stuff , youll be able to sledge even harder Thursday night after seeing my game first hand, Thursday practice rounds with lefty are always fun.. that rangefinder working lefty?

Funny you should mention that, my free replacement Bushnell Tour V3 just arrived 20 minutes ago.

Thank christ, thought I was gonna have to go through champs with a dodgy rangefinder again.

The other one was between 15 and 30m out on numerous occasions on Saturday.

Courty
28th January 2014, 11:45 AM
Shadesy, Simmsy, Courty and myself. Nully Cup III? ;)

Marto65
28th January 2014, 11:46 AM
Nully Cup III? ;)

Just working out the logistics now mate ...

Gotta get some other games together.

LarryLong
28th January 2014, 11:48 AM
Funny you should mention that, my free replacement Bushnell Tour V3 just arrived 20 minutes ago.

Thank christ, thought I was gonna have to go through champs with a dodgy rangefinder again.

The other one was between 15 and 30m out on numerous occasions on Saturday.

You can't blame your rangefinder when you miss to the right.

I'll play with anybody.

Marto65
28th January 2014, 11:48 AM
I'll play with anybody.

I've heard that.

PeteyD
28th January 2014, 11:53 AM
Who else is carting at Woodlands?

LarryLong
28th January 2014, 12:08 PM
I've heard that.

I'll no doubt be repeating it to myself like a mantra on Friday.

simmsy
28th January 2014, 12:14 PM
Lefty. Don't forget to pack the spare shafts and glue.

BenM
28th January 2014, 12:14 PM
Who else is carting at Woodlands?

Hadn't planned to, but probably happy to share with you if nobody else is....

solarman
28th January 2014, 12:17 PM
I think I had better cart. Happy to share with someone.

peter_rs
28th January 2014, 02:31 PM
Flights booked
Car booked
Hotel booked
Baby sister booked

Now to find a golf game, shazza is out to 17 she is right

Monsta
28th January 2014, 02:35 PM
Now to find a golf game, shazza is out to 17 she is right

17 ??????? Best change my predictions, Shazza to win everything…..

Marto65
28th January 2014, 02:38 PM
17 ??????? Best change my predictions, Shazza to win everything…..

No husband and wife team have ever won back to back champs. Ever.

PeteyD
28th January 2014, 02:42 PM
Lefty - have I paid for all golf and all carts?

LeftyHoges
28th January 2014, 02:58 PM
Lefty - have I paid for all golf and all carts?

You've paid for all golf and carts on Saturday and Sunday. I haven't arranged any carts for any other days.

PeteyD
28th January 2014, 02:59 PM
ok. So carts are pay on the day if you want them. Excellent. If someone can lend me a trolley (3/4 wheel preferred) for woodlands and kew I would appreciate that.

LeftyHoges
28th January 2014, 03:01 PM
ok. So carts are pay on the day if you want them. Excellent. If someone can lend me a trolley (3/4 wheel preferred) for woodlands and kew I would appreciate that.

All courses will have hire buggies (just the standard one piece ones) for either $5 or free, depending on how nice they are.

I don't think ride-in carts will be available from Woodlands, RM or Kew.

PeteyD
28th January 2014, 03:06 PM
I'd rather carry than use the one piece crapolla carts. Easier I think! Or buy a cart on Thursday and sell it off on Monday!

Is there a GCO between the airport and woodlands that is easy to get to? Or the rovic might fit in the big bag ... :D

solarman
28th January 2014, 03:07 PM
Woodlands web site says 6 motorised carts available and pull trolleys are free

LeftyHoges
28th January 2014, 03:09 PM
Woodlands web site says 6 motorised carts available and pull trolleys are free

Maybe, but problem is we may be finishing when all staff have left, so I'll have to check with andigold.

PeteyD
28th January 2014, 03:13 PM
GCO at huntingdale. Looking on the Google Maps, getting a bit exciting now. Thursday next week ...

LeftyHoges
28th January 2014, 03:15 PM
GCO at huntingdale. Looking on the Google Maps, getting a bit exciting now. Thursday next week ...

Yep, one in Fitzroy North too if you need.

But Huntingdale probably better option.

LarryLong
28th January 2014, 03:52 PM

I'm happy to lend you one of the old-skool 2-wheelers with a seat.

PeteyD
28th January 2014, 03:58 PM
As much as I appreciate the offer Larry, again I think it is easier to carry than use a 2 wheeler. Seriously thinking of trying to fit the rovic into the Ogio overbag thing I bought. Do not like my chances though

LarryLong
28th January 2014, 04:33 PM
As much as I appreciate the offer Larry, again I think it is easier to carry than use a 2 wheeler. Seriously thinking of trying to fit the rovic into the Ogio overbag thing I bought. Do not like my chances though

Bummer, I was pretty confident that one of the wheels would fall off early on Friday. :)

LeftyHoges
28th January 2014, 05:17 PM
Saturday Groupings

1st Tee
12.16 - Haysey
LarryLong
GK (c)
NK (c)

12.24 - Courty(c)
andigold (c)
Chinaski
Shadesy

12.32 - Grumpy (c)
BenM (c)
Gammon
oncewasagolfer

12.40 - Solarman (c)
monsta65 (c)
Bruce
Nudgee

12.48 - LeftyHoges (c)
PeteyD (c)
Spanner039 (c)
wbennett (c)

10th tee

12.16 - Hocko (c)
Hux
Chappy1970

12.24 - Peter_rs (c)
Peppas (c)
Jmac (c)
Billybaub (c)

12.32 - Marto65 (c)
waddzy (c)
simmsy
Titleist

12.40 - Kev (c)
AndyP (c)
Shazza_rs (c)
FoxGolf (c)

Bruce
28th January 2014, 05:24 PM

I had the offer up - jmac beat you to the punch.

I'm looking forward to a walk with the Spaniard.

PeteyD
28th January 2014, 05:26 PM
Indeedy you did!

Ned
28th January 2014, 05:34 PM
So two greased out grease monkeys in the first group on Saturday with Lanky Long Legs and the Marathon Man.

BenM, you drink Scotch?

WBennett
28th January 2014, 05:47 PM
Solarman and Monsta two days in a row. Who gets to be Mummy and who gets to be Daddy each day?

Courty
28th January 2014, 05:50 PM
Solarman and Monsta two days in a row. Who gets to be Mummy and who gets to be Daddy each day?

That may well depend on the outcome of Fridays match. ;)

LeftyHoges
28th January 2014, 06:25 PM

Shit. Didn't notice that actually. Forgot about the Friday games.

May change that.

BenM
28th January 2014, 06:37 PM
So two greased out grease monkeys in the first group on Saturday with Lanky Long Legs and the Marathon Man.

BenM, you drink Scotch?

Nah, not really. More of a bourbon and coke guy if I want something stronger than beer.

Hux
28th January 2014, 09:52 PM
Hmmm 12

Even sweeter....Shadesy is giving me at least 1 shot at RM - I think 141 will give me min 14 at Dunes :-)

WBennett
28th January 2014, 11:15 PM
Spanner

Have you played the Dunes before?

Monsta
29th January 2014, 08:40 AM

Jeez Lefty, what did I do to deserve this??????? I thought we were friends :lol:

As for you Spud, I would keep my eye out for your Clicgear on the side of the road somewhere between Albury and Melbourne if I was you……..

LeftyHoges
29th January 2014, 09:55 AM
Full monies paid to Portsea and Kew Golf Clubs.

Really becoming official now!

Just FYI, anyone confused about the entrance to Portsea Golf Club, it's now off London Bridge Rd.

PeteyD
29th January 2014, 09:59 AM
1 week to go.

Shadesy
29th January 2014, 10:03 AM
1 week to go..

I have been excited just to get to one week! Longest week ever.

2am wake up next Thursday!

PeteyD
29th January 2014, 10:09 AM
1 week to go. Is the Portsea clubhouse at the other side not in use anymore?

Monsta
29th January 2014, 10:10 AM
Two days of work to go, then 2 weeks holiday :D

This time next week I will be in Melbourne relaxing and preparing for the 5 days of golf…..

PeteyD
29th January 2014, 12:11 PM
BillyBaub is loaning me a trolley for Woodlands. Good man!

After being overly excited about RM, and Woodlands to a lesser extent, I have finally looked at Portsea and the Dunes websites and Google Earth. Holy crap! Mega excited now.

LeftyHoges
29th January 2014, 12:13 PM
BillyBaub is loaning me a trolley for Woodlands. Good man!

After being overly excited about RM, and Woodlands to a lesser extent, I have finally looked at Portsea and the Dunes websites and Google Earth. Holy crap! Mega excited now.

Don't discount Woodlands. Most underrated course on the 'belt IMO.

And Kew is a beautiful scenic course, should be in the Top 100 in Aus for me too.

simmsy
29th January 2014, 12:14 PM
Yeah I'm feeling very ho-hum about playing a top20 course too Petey.

Bruce
29th January 2014, 12:22 PM
Apart from the new 15th - The Dunes is pretty damn good.

AndyP
29th January 2014, 12:24 PM
I haven't thought about it much yet.

PeteyD
29th January 2014, 12:25 PM
Not HoHum about any of them, just been very excited about playing RM and Woodlands (just not as much as RM), without really looking at the others yet.

LeftyHoges
29th January 2014, 12:27 PM
I haven't thought about it much yet.

Me either. Was I supposed to be doing something for it?

WBennett
29th January 2014, 12:32 PM
Not HoHum about any of them, just been very excited about playing RM and Woodlands (just not as much as RM), without really looking at the others yet.

The Dunes was the first Top 10 (as it was at the time) course I ever played. I can't wait to see it again.
I joined the Portsea FB group too, and its a ball tearer of a track!

LeftyHoges
29th January 2014, 12:40 PM
Can the following people please post their Golflink number in the thread (or if you're private about it please PM to Simmsy):

andigold
Billybaub
Chappy1970
Chinaski
FoxGolf
Gammon
GK
Grumpy
Haysey
Hux
Jmac
Kev
NK
nudgee
oncewasagolfer
Peppas
Peter_rs
Shazza_rs
Solarman
Spanner039

We will take your GA Index as of Tuesday 4th Feb and that will be used to determine your cap for the whole event.

AndyP
29th January 2014, 12:48 PM
We will take your GA Index as of Tuesday 4th Feb and that will be used to determine your cap for the whole event.
Woodland isn't a comp round, is it?

simmsy
29th January 2014, 12:49 PM
If u r playing Wednesday, JMac? Were u?
Then let us know but yeah send through all gl#'s to me please.

LeftyHoges
29th January 2014, 12:50 PM
Woodland isn't a comp round, is it?

99% sure no.

oncewasagolfer
29th January 2014, 01:08 PM

oncewasagolfer
29th January 2014, 01:10 PM
Were there any spots left for Thursday or Monday?

LeftyHoges
29th January 2014, 01:13 PM
Were there any spots left for Thursday or Monday?

Certainly are mate.

oncewasagolfer
29th January 2014, 01:15 PM
OK I need to come up with some cash first. Anyone want to buy some wedges?:)

LeftyHoges
29th January 2014, 01:16 PM
OK I need to come up with some cash first. Anyone want to buy some wedges?:)

You heard him guys, help a brother out.

I would but they're no good for me.

Marto65
29th January 2014, 01:20 PM
Do they come with Sour Cream and Chilli Sauce?

simmsy
29th January 2014, 01:20 PM
RH??

Think outside the sq lefty.
U know you're going to snap a wedge at some point between thur-sun.
Have these in your bag as "sacrificial wedges" if u like.

LeftyHoges
29th January 2014, 01:21 PM
RH??

Think outside the sq lefty.
U know you're going to snap a wedge at some point between thur-sun.
Have these in your bag as "sacrificial wedges" if u like.

They won't need heads on them then, will they? I've got plenty of spare sacrificial shafts at home I can do that with! :lol:

G.K
29th January 2014, 01:23 PM
G.K's golflink - 6911401334

Hmmm....... after just having a quick look, I have a score from last Saturday which hasn't been entered for some reason. It was -6 in a par comp so it won't make the cap any better but could contribute to me getting a much needed extra shot depending on what I shoot this weekend.

oncewasagolfer
29th January 2014, 01:25 PM
Do they come with Sour Cream and Chilli Sauce?

That can be arranged:)

Peppas
29th January 2014, 01:29 PM
My GL - 2121702415

Marto65
29th January 2014, 01:36 PM
That can be arranged:)

Sorry ... I hate it when I chilli dip wedges.

G.K
29th January 2014, 01:38 PM
Guys ....

Can everyone please check their GAME BOOK accounts/software and make sure that the correct handicap is logged in please.

At this stage, I will have to set up temporary files for ...

FoxGolf
GK
JMac
Kev
Nudgee and
Solarman.

If you are in the above list and you have gamebook, please let me know ...

Marto.

It's only taken me a few weeks but I now have a Gamebook account set up!

Jmac
29th January 2014, 01:58 PM
If u r playing Wednesday, JMac? Were u?Then let us know but yeah send through all gl#'s to me please. Playing Tuesday but not a comp round just social

Jmac
29th January 2014, 02:00 PM
My GL - 6011106143

simmsy
29th January 2014, 02:02 PM
Please see new thread in Vic Champs room.

I would prefer everyone PM me as per thread I've just started.

Jmac
29th January 2014, 02:04 PM
Oh Marto I just set up an account on Gamebook before seeing this post of urs. I made it under JMacOZ because JMac was already taken :) now I know why.

Marto65
29th January 2014, 02:08 PM
Oh Marto I just set up an account on Gamebook before seeing this post of urs. I made it under JMacOZ because JMac was already taken :) now I know why.

Just sent though a friend request

kev
29th January 2014, 04:19 PM
Guys ....

Can everyone please check their GAME BOOK accounts/software and make sure that the correct handicap is logged in please.

At this stage, I will have to set up temporary files for ...

FoxGolf
GK
JMac
Kev
Nudgee and
Solarman.

If you are in the above list and you have gamebook, please let me know ...

Marto.

Not on Gamebook. Should I get it? Do I need it?

AndyP
29th January 2014, 04:32 PM
Not on Gamebook. Should I get it? Do I need it?You do not need it unless you will be entering scores.

LeftyHoges
29th January 2014, 05:25 PM
Small change to the Saturday groupings, NK and Grumpy have been swapped.

Captain Nemo
29th January 2014, 05:29 PM
Anyone in Melbourne see Peroni on special around $40 can you grab me 2 cases please......

kev
29th January 2014, 08:15 PM
You do not need it unless you will be entering scores.

Ah ha. Not needed then :) Thanks :)

hocko
29th January 2014, 08:42 PM
Now listen up people.
I am coming to Melbourne on "official business"
Please do not, I repeat, do not post anything on fbook.
My life depends on people adhering to my request.
Thank you all in advance.

Monsta
29th January 2014, 08:48 PM
Now listen up people.
I am coming to Melbourne on "official business"
Please do not, I repeat, do not post anything on fbook.
My life depends on people adhering to my request.
Thank you all in advance.

So no pics outside the Casino at 03:00am eh Hocko???????

Captain Nemo
29th January 2014, 08:50 PM
I don't do Facebook so no probs with me!
;)

hocko
29th January 2014, 08:52 PM
I am friends with a few OZgolfers on fbook. I may unfriendly them for a week.

WBennett
29th January 2014, 08:54 PM
Hocko

Change all privacy settings so any accidental tags have to be approved by you before they get in a timeline. Do any of your work colleagues share a friendship with Ozgolf travellers? If not you should be ok.

WBennett
29th January 2014, 08:55 PM
Defriending may also be sensible. Make sure you remove shorn (just because you can)

PeteyD
29th January 2014, 08:57 PM
As if chorn has any friends.

WBennett
29th January 2014, 09:30 PM
Tip for rookies.
The spa at the hotel is a godsend for sore and sorry bodies on the Sunday night. Bring your boardies!

AndyP
29th January 2014, 10:06 PM
And disinfectant.

Shadesy
29th January 2014, 10:10 PM
Defriending may also be sensible. Make sure you remove shorn (just because you can)

If You aren't sure how.. Ask Jarro

WBennett
29th January 2014, 10:24 PM
And disinfectant. Poppa wont be rubbing one out this year

oncewasagolfer
29th January 2014, 10:38 PM
Spas and fat people not good. Just saying.

BenM
29th January 2014, 10:41 PM
I was going to bring my boardies til you said that.

Screw it - they're coming anyway. Spas are good for blisters, right? :)

oncewasagolfer
29th January 2014, 10:43 PM
I used to work at an indoor pool and one of my jobs was to scrub the ring of fat from the spa. Disgusting.

oncewasagolfer
29th January 2014, 10:47 PM
Was there an alternate course for Friday organized for those not playing RM?

LeftyHoges
29th January 2014, 11:13 PM
Was there an alternate course for Friday organized for those not playing RM?

Not as yet, but I'm sure we could get one. Can you get a letter of introduction from your club?

oncewasagolfer
29th January 2014, 11:16 PM
Not as yet, but I'm sure we could get one. Can you get a letter of introduction from your club?

Where do I need that for?

LeftyHoges
29th January 2014, 11:22 PM
Where do I need that for?

Anywhere decent.

G.K
29th January 2014, 11:24 PM
I used to work at an indoor pool and one of my jobs was to scrub the ring of fat from the spa. Disgusting.

Mmmmm..........fat ring

oncewasagolfer
29th January 2014, 11:24 PM
I mustn't have played anywhere decent before:)

oncewasagolfer
29th January 2014, 11:27 PM
When I'm on my 6th or 7th pot tomorrow night I'll asked the president if he can write me a letter of introduction.

LeftyHoges
29th January 2014, 11:31 PM
When I'm on my 6th or 7th pot tomorrow night I'll asked the president if he can write me a letter of introduction.

Sounds good mate. It opens a lot more doors.

I'll shoot you a PM.

Shadesy
29th January 2014, 11:32 PM
I'm not bringing boardies.. ;/)

oncewasagolfer
29th January 2014, 11:42 PM
Budgie smugglers?

Shadesy
29th January 2014, 11:50 PM
Budgie smugglers?

I would never wear them...

simmsy