LeftyHoges
23rd May 2013, 04:08 PM
At this stage I am out.... :(

Shit, without you we lose all our sex appeal! :lol:

Not good news mate, what's happened?

Courty
23rd May 2013, 04:21 PM
Benno here.

Captain Lefty, I paid my deposit last week.
And if we only have 32 spots, why do you have 40 names? You been on the ooooozo again?

Monsta is a spud.

My apologies for that Capt Lefty, spud posted on my PC for which I think he should be banned for life !!! Where are the mods?????

What's this? Dissension in the ranks already? You blokes are your own worst enemy. Keep this up and we won't even have to turn up to beat you.

#ifiownedvictoriaandhelli'drentoutvictoriaandlivei nhell

simmsy
23rd May 2013, 04:44 PM
So is the Vic Champs "The official OzGolf Champs"???

It certainly has the best courses on offer and it seems the people come in their droves. Seriously, does any other state challenge Vic for the title?

Bloody Mexicans want everything!

AndyP
23rd May 2013, 05:38 PM
It's not the official champs.

I can't believe I've been lumped with the Union uncos again.

LeftyHoges
23rd May 2013, 05:48 PM
It's not the official champs.

I can't believe I've been lumped with the Union uncos again.

Provisional list. Nothing confirmed. You may well be on the winning side this year.

AndyP
23rd May 2013, 05:56 PM
I thought my performance this year might have been enough to qualify for the good team.

Iain
23rd May 2013, 06:05 PM
Shit, without you we lose all our sex appeal! :lol:

Not good news mate, what's happened?

Still may be a chance, but we're sinking a fair bit of cash into Joelle's business atm, so just don't have the funds available right now.

LeftyHoges
23rd May 2013, 06:25 PM
I thought my performance this year might have been enough to qualify for the good team.

A half against a spud and a lost 4BBB? Hardly. ;-)

Edit: my apologies, you played andigold and Iain halved the spud. Ok, not too bad a result I suppose. Reconsidering...

Still may be a chance, but we're sinking a fair bit of cash into Joelle's business atm, so just don't have the funds available right now.

Ah, more than a fair enough reason mate. All the best with it. Hopefully it does well and she can pay for your trip! :lol:

Iain
23rd May 2013, 06:28 PM
Ah, more than a fair enough reason mate. All the best with it. Hopefully it does well and she can pay for your trip! :lol:

That's what I'm hoping! :-)

AndyP
23rd May 2013, 06:43 PM
A half against a spud and a lost 4BBB? Hardly. ;-)

Edit: my apologies, you played andigold and Iain halved the spud. Ok, not too bad a result I suppose. Reconsidering...andigold, your vice captain, who confessed to stepping up for matches. It was a good result.

solarman
23rd May 2013, 08:18 PM
I'll be Captain of sumfin'.

Iain
23rd May 2013, 08:20 PM

Captain Naga.

solarman
23rd May 2013, 09:09 PM
Captain of the greatest team ever to grace the champs. The FNQ'ers. A team of integrity, grace, sportsmanship, ethics, and wholesome values.We also play better (except Courty), drink more (except Courty), cheat better (except Courty), snore more (except Courty), look more manly in golf attire (except Courty) and generally do better than anyone else at everything (except Courty). Mind you we will take Kev into out team, we heard he is a legend.

Courty
23rd May 2013, 09:31 PM
Captain of the greatest team ever to grace the champs. The FNQ'ers. A team of integrity, grace, sportsmanship, ethics, and wholesome values.We also play better (except Courty), drink more (except Courty), cheat better (except Courty), snore more (except Courty), look more manly in golf attire (except Courty) and generally do better than anyone else at everything (except Courty). Mind you we will take Kev into out team, we heard he is a legend.

I take it you finished that bottle of wine by yourself, then? :lol:

Monsta
24th May 2013, 12:14 PM

A few of last years attendee's may have something to say about this comment Solarman

haysey
24th May 2013, 01:04 PM

I like this. All hail Captain Solarman:smt109

LeftyHoges
28th May 2013, 04:40 PM
Just an update, nothing major:

11 guys have paid for Royal Melbourne spots, 21 remain.
We have 5 players left in our guaranteed tee times on Saturday and Sunday, after that I can't guarantee spots.
We have 6 accommodation spots left for Saturday night.

That is all.

Waddzy
28th May 2013, 06:59 PM
Going to have to pull the pin on this one now , a couple of trips already organised this year and some pet bills have pushed this down the importance list :( .

LeftyHoges
28th May 2013, 07:13 PM
Going to have to pull the pin on this one now , a couple of trips already organised this year and some pet bills have pushed this down the importance list :( .

No probs Waddzy, thanks for your interest champ.

Captain Nemo
28th May 2013, 08:44 PM
Lefty, are me and me mate all counted for the accom etc...?

popper81
28th May 2013, 09:29 PM

Captain cupcake, welcome aboard.

Does anyone mind it I bring Bob's daughter?

WBennett
28th May 2013, 10:04 PM
Photos pls Poppa. I am more worried about Bob and Tina

LeftyHoges
28th May 2013, 10:17 PM
Lefty, are me and me mate all counted for the accom etc...?

Sure are mate, all the details of who's doing what are in the original post. The only thing I haven't got you guys confirmed for is accomm needed Thurs night???

Captain Nemo
28th May 2013, 10:22 PM
All good, where flyin in fri morning.

LeftyHoges
28th May 2013, 10:24 PM
All good, where flyin in fri morning.

Fantastic mate, cheers. Another piece of the puzzle laid.

IanO
29th May 2013, 07:39 AM
Lefty ... It is looking better for me to get to the Friday as well. Put me down please.

LeftyHoges
29th May 2013, 08:09 AM
Lefty ... It is looking better for me to get to the Friday as well. Put me down please.

Good stuff Ian. Adjusted.

petethepilot
7th June 2013, 07:16 PM
PM sent and cash transferred. Should be there in a couple of days after the bank takes its cut!

Pete

FoxGolf
12th June 2013, 05:15 PM
Lefty, are there still spots available for RM on the Friday?

Looks like i've been passed through the Ministry of Finance, now just trying for final confirmation from the Ministry of 'giving birth to boy number four at the end of November', "and i'm going to be tired and grumpy still come February".

Hoping for all five days but it may only be 3 or 4.

LeftyHoges
13th June 2013, 08:05 AM
Lefty, are there still spots available for RM on the Friday?

Looks like i've been passed through the Ministry of Finance, now just trying for final confirmation from the Ministry of 'giving birth to boy number four at the end of November', "and i'm going to be tired and grumpy still come February".

Hoping for all five days but it may only be 3 or 4.

Hey FG, absolutely there's still spots open. Welcome aboard. I'll shoot you through some details in a PM. I think I may have missed you the first time around.

simmsy
13th June 2013, 08:43 AM
Hey hey!

The WAnkerfest is gaining another member!
Great work fox!

FoxGolf
13th June 2013, 08:58 AM
Thanks LH, once I get your PM I will get some funds transferred to you today. Looking good for all 5 days.

Johnny Canuck
13th June 2013, 10:28 AM
FoxHat! Good work.

PeteyD
13th June 2013, 10:48 AM
Vic Champs? Wear the Fox Hat.

LeftyHoges
13th June 2013, 11:37 AM
Hey hey!

The WAnkerfest is gaining another member!
Great work fox!

Well done WAnkers. Great contribution.

How's Yoss looking?

Thanks LH, once I get your PM I will get some funds transferred to you today. Looking good for all 5 days.

PM sent mate, I've got you down for 5 days, just let us know availability closer to time. Carts for Saturday and / or Sunday?

Vic Champs? Wear the Fox Hat.

:mrgreen: Love that.

FoxGolf
13th June 2013, 11:38 AM
Will the Fox Hat get me bonus points or banned from the fashionista stakes!!

LeftyHoges
13th June 2013, 11:45 AM
Will the Fox Hat get me bonus points or banned from the fashionista stakes!!

You'll have to pair it with fox belt, fox shoes and fox glove!

Peppas
13th June 2013, 12:03 PM
Sorry Lefty... I been slack with my deposit. I'll get it sent either today if I have time or tomorrow.

LeftyHoges
13th June 2013, 12:39 PM
Sorry Lefty... I been slack with my deposit. I'll get it sent either today if I have time or tomorrow.

No probs Peppas, all good mate.

FoxGolf
13th June 2013, 12:40 PM
You'll have to pair it with fox belt, fox shoes and fox glove!

I have fox shorts. Will have to work on the other bits.

I have transferred $300 deposit to you today. I'll be playing all 5 days and plan on walking each day. Arriving Tullamarine on Thursday at 12.05pm and leaving Monday at 5.00pm.

LeftyHoges
13th June 2013, 12:41 PM
I have fox shorts. Will have to work on the other bits.

I have transferred $300 deposit to you today. I'll be playing all 5 days and plan on walking each day. Arriving Tullamarine on Thursday at 12.05pm and leaving Monday at 5.00pm.

Perfect mate, thank you very much. Great to have you onboard.

LeftyHoges
17th June 2013, 05:16 PM
20 deposits received for RM thus far.

12 spots left.

petethepilot
18th June 2013, 08:44 PM
Am I classed as one of the 32 LH or are me and 'my guests' going to be on our lonesome?

LeftyHoges
19th June 2013, 08:38 AM
Am I classed as one of the 32 LH or are me and 'my guests' going to be on our lonesome?

Good question. I'll get back to you on how exactly this is going to happen...

IanO
19th June 2013, 09:26 AM
Deposit of $200 paid today, sorry for my tardiness :oops:

LeftyHoges
19th June 2013, 10:19 AM
Deposit of $200 paid today, sorry for my tardiness :oops:

No problemo Ian, you're still golden mate.

Will you be joining us for Saturday night shindigs or still too early to tell? Carts required for Sat and / or Sun?

IanO
19th June 2013, 01:21 PM
No Carts required (but if there is a vacant seat I will be willing to plonk my butt in it and pay half the cost :razz: )
Saturday night is still up in the air (but I am hoping)

Peppas
27th June 2013, 10:41 AM
If anyone doesn't have flights yet, jetstar has some celebration sale on. $52 from Sydney to Melb for the fare only...

LeftyHoges
27th June 2013, 03:34 PM
If anyone doesn't have flights yet, jetstar has some celebration sale on. $52 from Sydney to Melb for the fare only...

Thanks for the plug Peppas, was just about to post this myself!

LeftyHoges
10th July 2013, 03:19 PM
Inspired by Simmsy doing up his course notes already (you've got competition this year AndyP!) I've done up my course guide for Woodlands for the Thursday bash.

Download it here (https://docs.google.com/file/d/0B43Qv2TTh9HoWTdOM0xQMmhLSm8/edit?usp=sharing) (Note: You MUST download it, it displays weird in Google Docs)

Kew to follow at some point.

FoxGolf
10th July 2013, 03:36 PM
While sitting on the lounge watching the Tour de France late at night I've been spending some time reading the hole by hole notes on each of the course web sites and finding out where you're meant to hit the ball.

So now I've figured out where my ball won't be I just need to figure out where it will be. :)

Courty
10th July 2013, 04:14 PM
Love the 2nd guide, Lefty. :lol:

IanO
10th July 2013, 04:16 PM
Great guide Lefty, I especially like the second guide (although it does seem a might harsh :mrgreen: )

PeteyD
10th July 2013, 04:20 PM
Nice course guide Lefty. Can you do one for short hitters now? :D

IanO
10th July 2013, 04:24 PM
^^^ yeah what Petey said! You long hitters have all the advantages

AndyP
10th July 2013, 04:29 PM
This is still in February, NEXT YEAR, isn't it?

LeftyHoges
10th July 2013, 04:34 PM
This is still in February, NEXT YEAR, isn't it?

Have received many texts complaining that it's not nearly close enough.

Here's a quick guide for the short hitters:

Hit tee shot 180m, straight. Hit second shot with fairway wood / hybrid / long iron anywhere between 120-170m. Chip on. Make putt. Make fun of long hitter who sprayed it 250 into the trees / trap / hazard and made bogey or worse. Rinse and repeat.

FoxGolf
10th July 2013, 04:49 PM
Nice course guide Lefty. Can you do one for short hitters now? :D

That'd be Simmy's guide wouldn't it? :D

LeftyHoges
10th July 2013, 05:32 PM
That'd be Simmy's guide wouldn't it? :D

Well, that pretty much guarantees you wont be getting a Christmas card from him this year...

:lol:

solarman
10th July 2013, 07:27 PM
Decided that I will be taking golf seriously and not taking part in any away-from-golf festivities at these champs.

solarman
10th July 2013, 07:28 PM
Nah just trickin. I just wanted to be first on a new page.

LeftyHoges
10th July 2013, 07:34 PM
Nah just trickin. I just wanted to be first on a new page.

Downloaded your course guide yet?

WBennett
11th July 2013, 06:25 PM
Did you do a special one for Solarman? Second shots are played from 45* off centre, about 80m off the tee.

PeteyD
11th July 2013, 06:33 PM
Boo!

WBennett
11th July 2013, 06:46 PM
I can't believe I didn't see the Solarman course guide until after I posted.

With Monsta's current form, it could also be his!

LeftyHoges
12th July 2013, 08:16 AM

I'm not fussed who uses it. If Monsta wants to use that one he can go nuts. Just make sure we get the trophies from him before he jumps in the car and buggers off home though. :mrgreen:

Posted by SundayHack, in regards to RM West, just in case anyone else needed convincing:
Best day ever. The course is everything I hope for and more. The conditioning is immaculate. Quickest greens I have ever putted on. 10 foot birdie putts, turn into 3 putt bogeys very quickly if your above the hole. Not a bad hole on the course, although I can see how the pros would chew up the par 5's. (I played them in -1). All the par 3's are gems and can rack up a score if you miss the green in the wrong areas. A guy who i was playing with took 10 on 6. If I had to choose a top 5 holes if say 5,6,7,10,18.

IanO
12th July 2013, 08:36 AM
Looking forward to that

AndyP
12th July 2013, 09:49 AM
How much did he pay?

Monsta
12th July 2013, 10:28 AM

You planning on walking to Vic Spud??????

I'm not fussed who uses it. If Monsta wants to use that one he can go nuts. Just make sure we get the trophies from him before he jumps in the car and buggers off home though. :mrgreen:

Just an update, I have already started on the trophies for next Feb and I already want to win one of the daily trophies (spose I could just make an extra one and say I won it, probably only chance I have of getting one).
I hope everyone will be pleased with them, I think they look pretty smick.........

LeftyHoges
12th July 2013, 10:31 AM
How much did he pay?

Irrelevant. ;-)

LeftyHoges
12th July 2013, 10:34 AM
Just an update, I have already started on the trophies for next Feb and I already want to win one of the daily trophies (spose I could just make an extra one and say I won it, probably only chance I have of getting one).
I hope everyone will be pleased with them, I think they look pretty smick.........

Most excellent work Kev. You're a rose amongst the thorns, old chap!

FoxGolf
12th July 2013, 10:34 AM
Do we really have 8 months to wait for this? Is it wrong that I'm more excited about this trip than I am the birth of our 4th boy? :?

Monsta
12th July 2013, 10:36 AM
Most excellent work Kev. You're a rose amongst the thorns, old chap!

Thanks Capt (but you can cut out the OLD sh*t)

LeftyHoges
12th July 2013, 10:38 AM
Do we really have 8 months to wait for this? Is it wrong that I'm more excited about this trip than I am the birth of our 4th boy? :?

Nope, you've had 3 kids already. You've never had a golf trip like this before. ;-)

On the plus side, I've just got a month off for you. It's only 7 away!

Thanks Capt (but you can cut out the OLD sh*t)

My bad, young buck!

FoxGolf
12th July 2013, 10:46 AM
Thanks Lefty I thought someone would have a good reason for me.

Wow only 7 months, awesome. Accountants are no good with numbers!!

And i think it's only 3 months till the WA Champs so have that to look forward to as well.

petethepilot
13th July 2013, 08:49 PM
Hoges and others, good old Royal Melbourne have changed our reciprocal agreement (with Royal Hobart). I now have to pay a fee ($80) and I can only bring 1 guest (also at $80) so I no longer can bring 3 guys at $50 each. Can't help much as a result.

Pete

PeteyD
13th July 2013, 09:37 PM
Pity

simmsy
14th July 2013, 12:39 AM
Plead Racism with them Pete

It's not fair our Tassy brothers get treated so badly.

petethepilot
14th July 2013, 08:09 AM
They claimed it is due to increased numbers. Despite that, they are happy for recip members to play (as long as we pay!)
They used to only give us 20 spots a year anyway!

I really don't like RMGC as a club!! Great course though....when in good condition!

LeftyHoges
17th July 2013, 11:56 AM
Course guide for Kew here... (https://docs.google.com/file/d/0B43Qv2TTh9HoX0JXdWZ0VEMzZVk/edit?usp=sharing)

Also available in original post. Again, must download as formats strangely in Google Docs.

LarryLong
17th July 2013, 12:45 PM
Holy crap Lefty. You've played it once and can remember all that? I couldn't give you notes like that for my home track.

Top stuff!

LeftyHoges
17th July 2013, 01:56 PM
Holy crap Lefty. You've played it once and can remember all that? I couldn't give you notes like that for my home track.

Top stuff!

This was for Country Week in October 2010. Would you like me to tell you where I hit each shot exactly, as I can.

IanO
17th July 2013, 03:50 PM
This was for Country Week in October 2010. Would you like me to tell you where I hit each shot exactly, as I can.

That is just sad :mrgreen:

LeftyHoges
17th July 2013, 03:53 PM
That is just sad :mrgreen:

Especially as I lost.

You'd think I would want to wipe that from the memory! :roll:

IanO
17th July 2013, 03:57 PM
I can usually remember about 4 or 5 holes clearly from a round, although, if I have a scorecard in front of me I can remember every shot.

My best mate is like you and can recount every shot from any round of golf

LeftyHoges
17th July 2013, 04:16 PM
I can usually remember about 4 or 5 holes clearly from a round, although, if I have a scorecard in front of me I can remember every shot.

My best mate is like you and can recount every shot from any round of golf

If the course is memorable enough I seem to remember rounds a lot easier.

My last round 3 months ago in the middle of bum **** nowhere on a nothing track is harder for me to remember than a round at a beautiful place like this 3 years ago.

FoxGolf
17th July 2013, 04:35 PM
Awesome work again Lefty. Thanks.

LeftyHoges
17th July 2013, 04:41 PM
Awesome work again Lefty. Thanks.

No probs FG, I live to give! :mrgreen:

If you guys hadn't noticed already these are formatted to be printed out in booklet format, and should give 8 pages at A5 size.

WBennett
17th July 2013, 04:41 PM
I reckon I can remember every shot I played at Vic champs. I definitely remember every hole and roughly where the pin was on each green.

IanO
17th July 2013, 04:56 PM
I especially remember where I had to search through knee high grass to try and find my ball and where I three putted in front of a crowd of on-lookers :oops:

LeftyHoges
17th July 2013, 05:02 PM
I especially remember where I had to search through knee high grass to try and find my ball and where I three putted in front of a crowd of on-lookers :oops:

I remember that too, and I also remember being very bloody grateful that my ball was in my pocket and not having done that! :lol:

popper81
17th July 2013, 11:35 PM
I reckon I can remember every shot I played at Vic champs. I definitely remember every hole and roughly where the pin was on each green.

Do you remember my 40 odd putts around Monah... I do!!! Best ball striking round I have had.

WBennett
18th July 2013, 06:58 AM
Do you remember my 40 odd putts around Monah... I do!!! Best ball striking round I have had.

How could I forget. I distinctly remember your second ball birdie/bogie on 13

LarryLong
18th July 2013, 10:21 AM
I can't remember five-putting on that par 3 with the huge slope on the green at Moonah, but I can remember Courty missing from one foot on the last at Southern. :)

I'm so absent-minded that I often have trouble remembering what I did on a hole when I get to the green and add up the score. I've been pulled up a few times for giving the wrong score because I just forget how I got to the green. I'm like a goldfish on the golf course. I sometimes try to go through a round in my mind afterwards, and I'm lucky if I can remember three holes with any sort of clarity. It's all a blur. I guess I have a few more shots to remember than others though.

IanO
18th July 2013, 10:46 AM
I can't remember five-putting on that par 3 with the huge slope on the green at Moonah, but I can remember Courty missing from one foot on the last at Southern. :)

I'm so absent-minded that I often have trouble remembering what I did on a hole when I get to the green and add up the score. I've been pulled up a few times for giving the wrong score because I just forget how I got to the green. I'm like a goldfish on the golf course. I sometimes try to go through a round in my mind afterwards, and I'm lucky if I can remember three holes with any sort of clarity. It's all a blur. I guess I have a few more shots to remember than others though.

Time to stop drinking? :lol:

LeftyHoges
18th July 2013, 10:52 AM

Funny, I can remember a hell of a lot more of your shots from Friday at Southern than Moonah on Sunday. Don't remember the 5 putt, only remember the bet that no-one would 2 putt. Can't remember who that was though. Monsta? Actually it might've been Kev who took the ball off me there.

Monsta
18th July 2013, 11:38 AM
Im still trying to forget my golf games during the Champs.............. :lol:

BenM
18th July 2013, 12:02 PM

I have exactly the same problem mate... wait a second, did we have this conversation already at StAB? :)

Im still trying to forget my golf games during the Champs.............. :lol:

Good to see you made it back from ANZ Stadium in one piece mate.

LarryLong
18th July 2013, 12:21 PM
I have exactly the same problem mate... wait a second, did we have this conversation already at StAB? :)

Probably, but now the only thing I can vividly remember you saying is "I think my decision to use a driver off the tee is vindicated........Oh shit, is that a bunker?" :D

BenM
18th July 2013, 12:24 PM
Probably, but now the only thing I can vividly remember you saying is "I think my decision to use a driver off the tee is vindicated........Oh shit, is that a bunker?" :D

Hahah ha ha ha.... yes. A bunker. In the middle of the %#*()& fairway. thanks Mr Course Designer!!!

I did hit a pretty good 60 metre wedge out of that bunker to about 12 feet though and missed the putt. Still vindicated :)

LeftyHoges
18th July 2013, 12:29 PM

Hahah ha ha ha.... yes. A bunker. In the middle of the %#*()& fairway. thanks Mr Course Designer!!!

I did hit a pretty good 60 metre wedge out of that bunker to about 12 feet though and missed the putt. Still vindicated :)

Was that that stupid friggin bunker on about the 5th at St Andrews Beach dead centre of the fairway about 230 from the tee. If so, I couldn't agree more with your sentiments about the designer.

I also said this about the one on 17 that EVERYTHING feeds in to.

BenM
18th July 2013, 12:34 PM
Was that that stupid friggin bunker on about the 5th at St Andrews Beach dead centre of the fairway about 230 from the tee. If so, I couldn't agree more with your sentiments about the designer.

I also said this about the one on 17 that EVERYTHING feeds in to.

It was definitely the front 9, I thought it was later in the 9 than that but may be wrong. It was a shortish par 4, from an elevated tee, to a narrow(ish) driving area that fed down to a low swale (where the bunker was so it was invisible from the tee) and then a short uphill stretch to the green. 230 would be about right, since a good drive for me is about 240 or so.

I honestly thought I'd hit the perfect drive so was a bit sad to see it in a little pot!

LeftyHoges
18th July 2013, 12:38 PM
It was definitely the front 9, I thought it was later in the 9 than that but may be wrong. It was a shortish par 4, from an elevated tee, to a narrow(ish) driving area that fed down to a low swale (where the bunker was so it was invisible from the tee) and then a short uphill stretch to the green. 230 would be about right, since a good drive for me is about 240 or so.

I honestly thought I'd hit the perfect drive so was a bit sad to see it in a little pot!

Ah yes, the 9th. Popper nearly fell for that bunker too. Then his club went further than the ball for his second. :mrgreen:

WBennett
18th July 2013, 12:47 PM
good to see you made it back from anz stadium in one piece mate.

bwahahahahahaha!

WBennett
18th July 2013, 12:50 PM
The 5th at StAB is the par 4 elevated tee, a bunker and rubbish left, with a sunken hidden green. I think I made my first 2 points for the round there!

I never saw the hidden bunker you blokes are referring to, but I did miss a LOT of fairways left that day, so I can tell you all about that if you wanted.

BenM
18th July 2013, 12:53 PM
Yeah, I'm pretty sure the 9th is the one LL and I are talking about, as we walked up the hill off it and then had to hit back down again to one of the widest fairways I have ever seen on 10.

Which hole was it with the massive tier in the green, where the back is about 6 or 8 foot higher than the front (and yours truly managed to hit an approach onto the back of it... when the pin was down the front. Still 2 putted though - booyah) :) That must be about 4 or something?

Vaguely think I remember the 5th Benno... dog leg left, green low and hidden approach because of a hill to the left?

WBennett
18th July 2013, 12:56 PM
Pin was very left and frontish on the 5th. I missed the green left and had a 2 putt straight up. I have no idea what was past the hole :)

I can't believe Melbourne is still more than 6 month away. It is a deadset shining beacon in my life!

LeftyHoges
18th July 2013, 12:57 PM
Yeah, I'm pretty sure the 9th is the one LL and I are talking about, as we walked up the hill off it and then had to hit back down again to one of the widest fairways I have ever seen on 10.

Which hole was it with the massive tier in the green, where the back is about 6 or 8 foot higher than the front (and yours truly managed to hit an approach onto the back of it... when the pin was down the front. Still 2 putted though - booyah) :) That must be about 4 or something?

Vaguely think I remember the 5th Benno... dog leg left, green low and hidden approach because of a hill to the left?

5 kind of dog legs a little left with bunker dead centre of fairway, massive bunker short of green that you can't see because of that bunker. Sloping green but not tiered.

Maybe 7? I virtually doubled my points tally there with a birdie and the hangover was just starting to wear off.

popper81
18th July 2013, 01:02 PM
5 kind of dog legs a little left with bunker dead centre of fairway, massive bunker short of green that you can't see because of that bunker. Sloping green but not tiered.

Maybe 7? I virtually doubled my points tally there with a birdie and the hangover was just starting to wear off.

5 was memorable... in so many ways. Hit wedge short of the hidden bunker.

I think lefty is right.. 7... **** i want to play that track again.

LeftyHoges
18th July 2013, 01:10 PM
5 was memorable... in so many ways. Hit wedge short of the hidden bunker.

I think lefty is right.. 7... **** i want to play that track again.

Fly out late Monday night popper, we'll go down and play it after Kew on Monday arvo! :mrgreen:

popper81
18th July 2013, 01:19 PM
Fly out late Monday night popper, we'll go down and play it after Kew on Monday arvo! :mrgreen:

Pre & Post champs rounds.... Wednesday & Tuesday???

LeftyHoges
18th July 2013, 01:23 PM
Pre & Post champs rounds.... Wednesday & Tuesday???

May as well make it a full week. Yarra Yarra for Wednesday?

popper81
18th July 2013, 01:31 PM
I like your style, MR Hoges.

LeftyHoges
18th July 2013, 01:31 PM
I like your style, MR Hoges.

Say the word and I'll make it happen.

popper81
18th July 2013, 01:35 PM

Monsta
18th July 2013, 01:51 PM
I think I could arrive for a Wednesday and stay for a Tuesday game....... Spud can walk

LeftyHoges
18th July 2013, 02:40 PM
The other thing we could do is Thursday morning. Seeing as we're not off until 3:30ish on Thursday arvo @ Woodlands there's plenty of time for a quick round in the morning, pick people up from the airport and play another 18.

Thoughts?

popper81
18th July 2013, 02:51 PM
Like it... Isn't it on the opposite side of the world to you?

LeftyHoges
18th July 2013, 02:57 PM
Like it... Isn't it on the opposite side of the world to you?

It is, but with a Thursday morning game I'd just drive to Melb Wednesday night after work, wouldn't have to take the extra day off work. Same with the other guys, we could get some group rooms for cheap and people fly in Wednesday night instead of Thursday morning.

BenM
18th July 2013, 03:55 PM
Gee I'm glad I haven't booked flights yet.

Only thing I can think of now is.. think of the frickin blisters :D

FoxGolf
18th July 2013, 04:03 PM
Bugga, I have booked flights now. Initially the better half had me flying out Wednesday night but I told her Thursday morning would be ok.

Bruce
18th July 2013, 04:10 PM
I think you are talking about 9 and that bunker is not in the middle of the fairway but on the left edge as part of the bottleneck. I am sorry that I did not mention it in my course notes for you though.

LeftyHoges
18th July 2013, 04:15 PM
Bugga, I have booked flights now. Initially the better half had me flying out Wednesday night but I told her Thursday morning would be ok.

Bloody hell, didn't expect this much of a response! :lol:

Right, I'll start another column I guess.

Gee I'm glad I haven't booked flights yet.

Only thing I can think of now is.. think of the frickin blisters :D

At least they'd be blisters that you'd thoroughly enjoy getting!

popper81
18th July 2013, 04:16 PM
Lefty, let's do it...

LeftyHoges
18th July 2013, 04:23 PM
Lefty, let's do it...

I love it when Little popper gets excited! :mrgreen:

Alright, where do you want me to try for lads? Yarra Yarra, Metropolitan? Both say they allow interstate visitors on Thur morning.

Or do we want to head down and play St Andrews again? Or is that a serious thought for Monday arvo?

Monsta
18th July 2013, 04:27 PM
Im in either way Lefty........................................
(another trophy to make)

BenM
18th July 2013, 04:33 PM
I think you are talking about 9 and that bunker is not in the middle of the fairway but on the left edge as part of the bottleneck. I am sorry that I did not mention it in my course notes for you though.

My rose coloured glasses say it's in the middle :) It does slope that way too I think so my perfect little draw fed down into it.

You did a great job with the course notes - I just felt like having a rant :)

popper81
18th July 2013, 05:41 PM
Guess it all depends on flights.... I really want to play STAB.

Little popper is excited.

LeftyHoges
18th July 2013, 06:45 PM
Guess it all depends on flights.... I really want to play STAB.

Little popper is excited.

True. Maybe the better option is a morning round at StAB on the Thursday in carts so we're not knackered before the big stuff starts.

popper81
18th July 2013, 08:43 PM
True. Maybe the better option is a morning round at StAB on the Thursday in carts so we're not knackered before the big stuff starts.

As long as it fits into time frame, I think this is a better option. What better than to start with 36?

LeftyHoges
18th July 2013, 08:51 PM
As long as it fits into time frame, I think this is a better option. What better than to start with 36?

Might be an earlyish start but it can well be done. Hitoff around 8:15 down there (leave hotel approx 6:30) and be finished by 12:45 at the latest. Back to the hotel by 2:00, out to to the airport to grab anyone I need to and get them to Woodlands by 3:30ish.

Donezo.

popper81
18th July 2013, 08:53 PM
I love you.

BenM
18th July 2013, 08:56 PM
The force is strong with this one.

If I can get down there early enough I'll have a crack at it. Maybe if I play enough golf I'll manage to find some form for the weekend eh hah!

popper81
18th July 2013, 08:59 PM
I just wanna play STAB sober... And not hungover.

Lefty, you can drive the cart this time.

LeftyHoges
18th July 2013, 09:00 PM
Happy to help boys. I'll concierge the shit out of this trip for you all.

LeftyHoges
18th July 2013, 09:07 PM

Me too. Try that 1st hole again. And 2nd. And 3rd. The 4th can **** off. And 5 again.

I'll drive. My turn.

BenM
19th July 2013, 12:10 AM

It'll be damn nice to stand on that first tee without feeling like throwing up.

Monsta
19th July 2013, 09:20 AM
Im in for StAB again it was a great course,

I have the entire week off from the 5th to the 12th, so no leaving at stupid o'clock this year to get there the first day............

IanO
19th July 2013, 10:38 AM
I need to do some serious sucking up to build enough brownie points to get away for StAB

PeteyD
19th July 2013, 10:45 AM
Flights already booked. LALALA not listening ...

Monsta
19th July 2013, 10:51 AM
:smt022 :lol:

LeftyHoges
19th July 2013, 10:57 AM

I find that if I have to change a flight time when I haven't booked a flight that allows me to do so I say that my appointment with the hospital / doctor / surgeon has been changed.

Sometimes they let me change for free, sometimes they charge a small fee, sometimes they try to charge full fee. Luck of the draw but it can and has worked.

PeteyD
19th July 2013, 11:11 AM
I can't get down there early enough, would have to change it to the day before. Not sure I am keen on that.

billybaub
31st July 2013, 02:06 PM
Am I able to grab a late spot and put my name down for Fri, Sat, Sun golf?

Happy to whack some money down now to secure spots if thats the go.

LeftyHoges
31st July 2013, 07:32 PM
Am I able to grab a late spot and put my name down for Fri, Sat, Sun golf?

Happy to whack some money down now to secure spots if thats the go.

Sure can billybaub. I'm away at the moment but if I get a chance I'll shoot you through the PM with all the details etc.

Worst comes to worst you'll have it Tuesday next week.

LeftyHoges
16th August 2013, 03:14 PM
$29 flights Gold Coast to Melbourne coming up from 4PM-8PM with Jetstar, perfect dates to fit in with VIC Champs.

Only 600 seats though so will sell out fast.

PeteyD
16th August 2013, 03:24 PM
When do you need the balance by? And what does that cover again?

LeftyHoges
16th August 2013, 03:36 PM
When do you need the balance by? And what does that cover again?

Would prefer to have the balance by the end of the year, Jan 10th absolute latest. That will cover all golf and accommodation on Saturday night. The other nights accomm at andigolds hotel will be pay upon checkout.

PeteyD
16th August 2013, 03:40 PM
sweet. Will sort it out before then

WBennett
16th August 2013, 03:46 PM
Now Monsta is a prick and heading down on an extra long trip, I wish Jetstar flew from Canberra.

$300 minimum in flights.

LeftyHoges
16th August 2013, 03:49 PM
Now Monsta is a prick and heading down on an extra long trip, I wish Jetstar flew from Canberra.

$300 minimum in flights.

Jesus, would nearly be cheaper to drive to Sydney and fly from there wouldn't it!?

Monsta
16th August 2013, 03:55 PM

$300 minimum in flights.

I was going to offer to take your clubs down for you, but I think the back of the ute is going to be full now............

WBennett
16th August 2013, 05:34 PM
Quicker to drive there and back than go to Sydney and head down. It is just over 6 hours from my place to Melbourne and I regularly do the 4 hours each way to the inlaws.

Ned
16th August 2013, 07:05 PM
Quicker to drive there and back than go to Sydney and head down. It is just over 6 hours from my place to Melbourne and I regularly do the 4 hours each way to the inlaws.

Mudguts could get a cheap flight out of Goldie to Cranbra and do a roady with you! ;)

Lucasto23
16th August 2013, 09:07 PM
Looking at how things are shaping up, I'm a very light pencil. Will be able to confirm abit more at the end of November :(

Iain
26th August 2013, 06:01 PM
Ok. I'm definitely out for this... :(

LeftyHoges
26th August 2013, 06:14 PM

Very sad to hear Iain. Hope everything is well mate. We'll hold your spot for '15!

Monsta
26th August 2013, 06:36 PM

Oh no, who will be the OZgolf pinup boy for 2014???? I vote not Marto

(sad to hear that you can't make it Pain, oops Iain)

AndyP
26th August 2013, 07:38 PM
It's a shame that you can't get revenge on Spud, Iain.

Iain
26th August 2013, 07:52 PM
Very sad to hear Iain. Hope everything is well mate. We'll hold your spot for '15!

Excellent.

Everything is great actually, first born is due on the 30th Jan. Thus the reason for not making it. 8)

Iain
26th August 2013, 07:53 PM
Oh no, who will be the OZgolf pinup boy for 2014???? I vote not Marto

(sad to hear that you can't make it Pain, oops Iain)

+2 for not Marto!!

It's a shame that you can't get revenge on Spud, Iain.

I know, shotgun for 2015 though.

shazza_rs
26th August 2013, 08:03 PM
Excellent.

Everything is great actually, first born is due on the 30th Jan. Thus the reason for not making it. 8)

C'mon... We attended with a 5 week old :)

Congratulations to you both.

LeftyHoges
26th August 2013, 08:36 PM
Excellent.

Congrats mate. Fantastic news. We'll let you off this time, I guess.

timah!
26th August 2013, 09:41 PM
Excellent.

Woohoo! Congrats Iain!

WBennett
26th August 2013, 09:48 PM
Congrats Iain. Any excuse and all.

And kids > golf any day of the week. Until they get old enough to talk to you anyway.

BenM
26th August 2013, 10:21 PM
It is a shame that this champs will be missing one Unit. But it is for a very good reason so I for one forgive you. Hugest massive congratulations to you and the wife mate. You must be stoked.

LarryLong
26th August 2013, 10:27 PM
Congrats Iain.

I wonder if we'll get any cancellations from WA on the back of this?

rubin
9th September 2013, 11:34 AM
Unfortunately, i'm out for this.

I've tried to rearrange schedules, but its looking more and more likely i'll be in the UK at this time.

LeftyHoges
9th September 2013, 06:01 PM
Congrats Iain.

I wonder if we'll get any cancellations from WA on the back of this?

Unfortunately, i'm out for this.

I've tried to rearrange schedules, but its looking more and more likely i'll be in the UK at this time.

:lol: How funny are these two posts together!?

In all seriousness Rubes, this sucks mate. Sorry to hear, but we can all take consolation that Early Feb in the UK means you'll be freezing your arse off.

Small victories. ;-)

simmsy
9th September 2013, 06:36 PM
I'm sure he has a special someone keeping his arse warm while over there Lefty.

rubin
9th September 2013, 06:42 PM
:lol: How funny are these two posts together!?

In all seriousness Rubes, this sucks mate. Sorry to hear, but we can all take consolation that Early Feb in the UK means you'll be freezing your arse off.

Small victories. ;-)

Whilst I would like to say it is for play - I will be spending almost all of my time at Lloyds of London. Not my idea of fun.

LeftyHoges
11th September 2013, 02:22 PM
Bumpity Bump.

Just letting people know that there will most likely be a few more withdrawals from this so there could well be some spots open up.

Register your interest now.

PeteyD
11th September 2013, 02:25 PM
I might turn up ;)

LeftyHoges
11th September 2013, 02:27 PM
I might turn up ;)

You'll have burnt through $250 if you don't. ;-)

PeteyD
11th September 2013, 04:19 PM
Sounds like a big saturday night back in the day! There is the airfares I have paid for too, and the golf travel bag ... probably best to turn up I suppose.

Waddzy
27th September 2013, 04:40 PM
Pretty much back to 100% for this , just wondering what transport will be like when down there ? Anyone going to be albe to offer lifts ? :) trying to plan what time to fly in Thursday also.. Anyone else flying down Thursday to play ? If so what time you getting in and getting to the course ?

IanO
27th September 2013, 05:02 PM
Lefty ... with great sadness I have to confirm that I am out for the VIC Ozgolf Champs for the reasons previously discussed. As soon as I have had the chance to inform my family of those circumstances I will elaborate on here.

AndyP
27th September 2013, 08:20 PM
No good, Ian.

Waddsy, I'm heading down Thursday for the game from Brisbane with Jetstar, but I can't remember the time.

Waddzy
27th September 2013, 08:33 PM
No good, Ian.

Waddsy, I'm heading down Thursday for the game from Brisbane with Jetstar, but I can't remember the time.

My flight gets in at 10:15 flying with jetstar...I'm sure yours would be later than that.

LeftyHoges
27th September 2013, 08:35 PM
My flight gets in at 10:15 flying with jetstar...I'm sure yours would be later than that.

Worst comes to worst Waddzy, it's a $60 taxi ride from the airport to the hotel so you can do that if you want to. Otherwise some of the guys live out that way and may be able to give you a ride if times meet up.

PeteyD
27th September 2013, 08:36 PM
I am on the same flight as AP, and may be hiring a car.

LeftyHoges
27th September 2013, 08:37 PM
I'll set up a travel arrangements thread at some point in between the WA and QLD champs and we can organise stuff then.

Captain Nemo
27th September 2013, 08:38 PM
I'm coming down with a mate, we'll prob hire a car as well....

LeftyHoges
27th September 2013, 08:39 PM
Lefty ... with great sadness I have to confirm that I am out for the VIC Ozgolf Champs for the reasons previously discussed. As soon as I have had the chance to inform my family of those circumstances I will elaborate on here.

Very sorry to hear Ian but no-one will hold it against you when you say why.

Remember to shoot me through your bank details via PM so I can send back your deposit.

Shadesy
27th September 2013, 08:49 PM
I am on the same flight as AP, and may be hiring a car.

Simmsy and I get in around 12ish I believe.

We are looking at hiring a car, so maybe split it 4 ways?

PeteyD
27th September 2013, 08:57 PM
Need to be a big car for 4 with golf gear, but could be on the cards.

WBennett
27th September 2013, 09:59 PM
It looks like Monsta and I will do separate cars due to different plans before and after. I might be able to help get a few boys around. Its a long way away though so I will confirm in a few months time

Marto65
27th September 2013, 10:36 PM
Will need transport too. Happy to share hire.

FoxGolf
27th September 2013, 10:41 PM
Simmsy and I get in around 12ish I believe.

We are looking at hiring a car, so maybe split it 4 ways?

Think I'm on the same flight as you and Simmsy. Happy to share hire car with you both.

WBennett
27th September 2013, 10:44 PM
When are you landing in Melb?

Shadesy
27th September 2013, 10:58 PM
Think I'm on the same flight as you and Simmsy. Happy to share hire car with you both.

Book it in

Waddzy
28th September 2013, 08:59 PM
Need to be a big car for 4 with golf gear, but could be on the cards.
I would be keen to throw in and itll be 3 instead of the 4? Ill have a suitcase and golf gear though as im staying in melb for another 5 days after this.

AndyP
28th September 2013, 09:04 PM
I checked my Thursday flight. It gets in at 12:40p.

simmsy
28th September 2013, 10:33 PM
No Hawks supporters allowed in my car. ;)

LeftyHoges
28th September 2013, 11:07 PM

Ditto! ;-)

FoxGolf
29th September 2013, 10:41 PM

It's ok Simmsy. I'm not a Hawks supporter, I'm a Hawks member.

Waddzy
4th October 2013, 11:14 AM
My deposit come through mate? secured myself a spot on Friday?

Marto65
4th October 2013, 11:48 AM
Lefty ... just booked flights ... will be there for all 5 days of golf. Anyone wanting to share a hire car, let me know.

Waddzy
4th October 2013, 12:01 PM
Lefty ... just booked flights ... will be there for all 5 days of golf. Anyone wanting to share a hire car, let me know.

Willing to throw in for a car mate, lefty mentioned starting a thread closer to the date and everyone working it out there but.

LeftyHoges
4th October 2013, 12:07 PM
My deposit come through mate? secured myself a spot on Friday?

Certainly has mate, welcome aboard!

Beautiful stuff Marto.

I'll start a "getting around" thread, seeing as everyone is so keen.

PeteyD
4th October 2013, 01:31 PM
Could be in a hire car Marto. Seem to be a few keen, can you get discounts if you hire 2 cars at the same time? When do you get in on Thursday?

LeftyHoges
14th October 2013, 04:42 PM
It is with much regret that I announce the withdrawals of IanO and PTP. Thanks for making the effort anyway guys.

Waddzy
21st October 2013, 10:46 AM
Can anyone offer abit of insight for travelling with clubs? I have noticed travel bags quite cheap on Evil bay .. worth getting one? If yes , anything in particular to look out for?

Captain Nemo
21st October 2013, 10:54 AM
Just get a decent used one, they get pretty beat up on the coveyer belt and the like....

simmsy
21st October 2013, 06:00 PM
I bought mine for $50
Through gumtree u see them fairly often.

Waddzy
21st October 2013, 06:05 PM
Thanks lads , ill keep an eye out . anyone rate the $70 Ebay ones? I think they are a palm springs brand or something.

G.K
23rd October 2013, 12:58 PM
Lodging a relatively late EOI here Lefty. If I was to take the time and spend the coin to come across I would be looking at the whole box and dice.

Reading through the spreadsheet in the OP, if I counted properly, it looks like there is already 32 locked in for RM on the Friday so I assume that would be a no go?

WBennett
23rd October 2013, 01:09 PM
GK - I think the top post needs updating. Both Pukas and Pooper are both unlikely. GET ON!!!

KristianJ
23rd October 2013, 01:17 PM
GK, you can have my RM spot - odds are that I'll be making a trip to Melbourne just before Easter so will probably withdraw from this.

Waddzy
23rd October 2013, 01:22 PM
GK I was a late runner and im pretty sure that spreadsheet is upto date.. 25 paid so last 7 spots I assume would be first in best dressed...

G.K
23rd October 2013, 01:22 PM
Thanks gents. Well that makes it a lot more compelling!

LeftyHoges
23rd October 2013, 01:43 PM
Lodging a relatively late EOI here Lefty. If I was to take the time and spend the coin to come across I would be looking at the whole box and dice.

Reading through the spreadsheet in the OP, if I counted properly, it looks like there is already 32 locked in for RM on the Friday so I assume that would be a no go?

Good stuff GK. I'll shoot you through the PM with all the details. No pressure, if you can make it that's great. All days have spots available at this stage.

GK - I think the top post needs updating. Both Pukas and Pooper are both unlikely. GET ON!!!

GK I was a late runner and im pretty sure that spreadsheet is upto date.. 25 paid so last 7 spots I assume would be first in best dressed...

Correct. 31 have expressed interest in playing RM, but only 25 have paid. 7 spots still open. All the others days are fine.

Who's Pukas? Is that Lucasto?

Ned
23rd October 2013, 01:45 PM
Thanks gents. Well that makes it a lot more compelling!

and Vic courses are renown for their bunkers............

LeftyHoges
23rd October 2013, 01:46 PM
and Vic courses are renown for their bunkers............

We may match up GK against Solarman. Whoever gets their ball out of the bunker first wins!

Ned
23rd October 2013, 01:48 PM
We may match up GK against Solarman. Whoever gets their ball out of the bunker first wins!

Wheres the entertainment value in that, put em in the last two groups each day except for seeded draws (and do it then as well) so the gallery gets great viewing value!

G.K
23rd October 2013, 01:49 PM
It's all good. I'll just go and buy a shiny new set of wedges. That should solve all my problems right?

WBennett
23rd October 2013, 01:51 PM
Lefty

Yep, Lucas.

KJ - don't bail out on this!

Ned
23rd October 2013, 01:52 PM
It's all good. I'll just go and buy a shiny new set of wedges. That should solve all my problems right?

Buy three just to be sure!

popper81
23rd October 2013, 03:09 PM

This is correct. The chances of me playing are slim. BenM might win on Friday now.

simmsy
23rd October 2013, 03:34 PM
Go gk!!

Shadesy
23rd October 2013, 03:42 PM
There seems to be a number of pull outs after my antics from this weekend... Coincidence?

Go GK.

LeftyHoges
23rd October 2013, 03:53 PM
There seems to be a number of pull outs after my antics from this weekend... Coincidence?

Go GK.

Your nuts will freeze to their face in cold Victoria. No-one wants that.

simmsy
23rd October 2013, 04:06 PM
It's February. Surely it won't be cold.

We made you feel at home with our weather on the weekend mate. I hope you plan to do the same for us.

G.K
23rd October 2013, 04:17 PM
Go gk!!

..........Go GK.

For some reason my conscience is telling me that I should go.

LeftyHoges
23rd October 2013, 04:20 PM
It's February. Surely it won't be cold.

We made you feel at home with our weather on the weekend mate. I hope you plan to do the same for us.

Last year we had pretty much 30° every day. Was perfect, except for a stinking hot northerly on the Monday. So there's no chance the weather will be decent in Victoria for a champs ever again.

For some reason my conscience is telling me that I should go.

Don't not go GK! :lol:

BenM
23rd October 2013, 04:24 PM
This is correct. The chances of me playing are slim. BenM might win on Friday now.

Don't be scared Pops. Come and play, I want my revenge... ;)

popper81
23rd October 2013, 04:31 PM
Don't be scared Pops. Come and play, I want my revenge... ;)

If I beat you again.... Well look what has happened since I kicked your arse this year.

#poppersbunny

BenM
23rd October 2013, 04:41 PM
You can't take the credit for that. I shot 78 at StAB a day later.

I just need a lesson or two but by Feb I expect to be back in fine form. It'll be a shame if you miss it :)

popper81
23rd October 2013, 04:44 PM
You can't take the credit for that. I shot 78 at StAB a day later.

I just need a lesson or two but by Feb I expect to be back in fine form. It'll be a shame if you miss it :)

You sure. Ask Marto what I told him before we even tee'd off on Friday.

BenM
23rd October 2013, 04:45 PM
You sure. Ask Marto what I told him before we even tee'd off on Friday.

I'm sure. I'm sure you told Marto all sorts of things too.

Marto65
23rd October 2013, 05:45 PM
You sure. Ask Marto what I told him before we even tee'd off on Friday. he said "this bloke couldn't beat a homeless person if there were 8 of him and they all had baseball bats".

BenM
23rd October 2013, 05:54 PM
he said "this bloke couldn't beat a homeless person if there were 8 of him and they all had baseball bats".

Bwahahaha! I bet he did, cocky prick! :D

Marto65
23rd October 2013, 06:17 PM
Bwahahaha! I bet he did, cocky prick! :D nah. I made THAT one up.

Marto65
23rd October 2013, 06:20 PM
Bwahahaha! I bet he did, cocky prick! :D he said you couldn't beat australia at soccer.

BenM
23rd October 2013, 06:52 PM
Now that's a low blow. My grandad could beat Australia at soccer. And he passed away December last year, bless him.

Marto65
23rd October 2013, 07:56 PM
Now that's a low blow. My grandad could beat Australia at soccer. And he passed away December last year, bless him.

He also said he wished you were his girlfriend because you sucked so much.

Marto65
23rd October 2013, 09:47 PM
Popper said you were so bad, Michael Jackson named an album after you.

popper81
23rd October 2013, 10:14 PM
He also said he wished you were his girlfriend because you sucked so much.

Did I say it before, or after he 4 putted to lose the 5th... With a shot.

WBennett
24th October 2013, 07:43 PM
Captain Lefty

Leave now approved and all paid up.

See you in February

LeftyHoges
24th October 2013, 11:23 PM
Captain Lefty

Leave now approved and all paid up.

See you in February

Most excellent awesomeness Mr Spud.

For those of you playing the countdown game, by my calculations at the stroke of midnight it will be 105 days and 13 hours until a ball is officially struck in anger. And 105 days 13 hours and 8 seconds until a club is officially thrown in anger if I'm teeing off first.

mint
25th October 2013, 09:00 AM
Lefty how many spots left for Royal Melbourne?

LeftyHoges
25th October 2013, 10:04 AM
Lefty how many spots left for Royal Melbourne?

6 mate. Spots are filling fast.

Monsta
25th October 2013, 10:11 AM
Captain Lefty

Leave now approved (permission begged from wife) and all paid up.

See you in February

FTFY Spud :D

backintheswing
25th October 2013, 11:39 AM
Lefty, would I make it from Portsea after golf on Sunday to the airport for a 1540 flight?

LeftyHoges
25th October 2013, 12:01 PM
Lefty, would I make it from Portsea after golf on Sunday to the airport for a 1540 flight?

Geez, that would be tighter than a nuns nasty.

Even if you were first group off, you'd be relying on the round being no more than 4 hours (unlikely in an OZgolf event) for 12:26, 2 hours to the airport makes it 14:26.

We could put you out in a 3 to start if that helps but I still don't know that I'd be relying on that.

PeteyD
25th October 2013, 12:04 PM
I'd hazard a no. It is a long way from the airport.

solarman
25th October 2013, 12:16 PM
Crapolla, Are we playing Portsea? Isn't that an easy course, like Gordonvale. Unrealistic handicaps come out of that club from what I gather.

LeftyHoges
25th October 2013, 12:22 PM
Crapolla, Are we playing Portsea? Isn't that an easy course, like Gordonvale. Unrealistic handicaps come out of that club from what I gather.

Links style course. Massive amounts of ti-tree.

The field average will be about 30 points at best I'd say. And that's good weather dependent.

Blues: Par 71 / ACR 72 / Slope 136
Whites: Par 71 / ACR 71 / Slope 132.

I've locked you in for 26 points big fella.

Ned
25th October 2013, 12:28 PM

Haven't you got a Half Marathon to run or something??

WBennett
25th October 2013, 12:57 PM
Links style course. Massive amounts of ti-tree.

That sentance gave me movement.