PDA

View Full Version : Ping Hoofer bags

Ashes
5th April 2013, 11:51 AM
Anyone using the current model Ping Hoofer?

Looking for a new stand bag that is reasonably light and sits ok on a clicgear as well.

pt73
5th April 2013, 02:28 PM
I have one but only use it as a carry bag. Lots of pockets and very light.

I have a clicgear 3.0 and can check how it works when I get home tonight.

Ashes
5th April 2013, 02:31 PM
I have one but only use it as a carry bag. Lots of pockets and very light.

I have a clicgear 3.0 and can check how it works when I get home tonight.

So you've had no issues with it? Only negative thing I've found online is one person mentioning the base mechanism catching on clubs or something, have you had an issue with that?

I'm heading to check one out in a couple of hours and can try one with a clicgear then. Thanks for offering to try tho.

pt73
5th April 2013, 02:40 PM
The leg setup on the older ones was a nightmare always getting caught on your legs, I haven't found the same issue with this model.

mrbluu
5th April 2013, 03:20 PM
Yep I have the current ping hoofer and use it a clicgear 3.5, it sits on any buggy no problems cos of the integrated legs, no chunky bits sticking out of the bottom like a titlist bang. Down side of the stand/leg mechanism is integrated into the base of the bag, sometimes you have to push it down a little harder to get the legs to come out. Very nice bag, I couldn't be happier.

golf2013
5th April 2013, 07:23 PM
I have a current hoofer and use it on the old clic gear buggy and it does all work well. As a carry bag can't beat the hoofer.

Ashes
5th April 2013, 07:38 PM
Appreciate the input everyone. Was all set to get one but happened to prefer a Puma stand bag when trying them in store.

Was surprised that there didn't seem to be much difference between the Ping 4 series and Hoofer, particularly given there's a $50 difference between the two.

idgolfguy
5th April 2013, 08:58 PM
The 4 is great!

mrbluu
5th April 2013, 10:19 PM
Appreciate the input everyone. Was all set to get one but happened to prefer a Puma stand bag when trying them in store.

Was surprised that there didn't seem to be much difference between the Ping 4 series and Hoofer, particularly given there's a $50 difference between the two.

Not a bad call mate especially with the price difference. The didn't have the Puma's in the proshop when I was getting mine, plus I always wanted a hoofer bag!!

shazza_rs
5th April 2013, 10:29 PM
I found the stand mechanism in the bottom of the bag used to grab my clubs so it was a struggle to get them out 50% of the time. This is why it now sits in the garage with the 'spares' in it!

perci
5th April 2013, 10:33 PM
I found the stand mechanism in the bottom of the bag used to grab my clubs so it was a struggle to get them out 50% of the time. This is why it now sits in the garage with the 'spares' in it!

I thought all your Clubs spares at the moment!

shazza_rs
5th April 2013, 10:40 PM
I actually played pennant today (lost 3/1), and I'm playing tomorrow too!

markTHEblake
6th April 2013, 09:11 AM
Which do you find easier carry the kid and push the clubs or other way around ?

mrbluu
10th December 2014, 03:39 PM
GCO have these for $159 tomorrow. I got the code for 10% off and free shipping.