PDA

View Full Version : Titan Ion Wrist bands

Grunt
22nd November 2005, 07:22 PM
Hi All

Do any of you wear Titan Ion Wrist bands? Have they made a difference? Or are they a fad that is just making money for a manufacturer?

Comments please guys and girls.

Bruce
22nd November 2005, 07:40 PM
This represents my views on wrist bands (http://dictionary.reference.com/search?q=placebo)

Something of no intrinsic remedial value that is used to appease or reassure another.

AndyP
22nd November 2005, 08:53 PM
If it's what I think you are talking about, then I have seen them, but what the hell are they supposed to do?

Grunt
22nd November 2005, 09:03 PM
That is the point of the post Andy

Matt 3 Jab
22nd November 2005, 09:15 PM
i see them all the time at golf, fashion not function, they do nothing IMO

Trung
23rd November 2005, 07:03 PM
I'm wearing one. It's a chic picking machine. Go Titan...

3oneday
23rd November 2005, 08:29 PM
I'm wearing one. It's a chic picking machine. Go Titan...oh please :^o :P :P how is the pink one you have :smt061

Trung
23rd November 2005, 08:37 PM
its RED

:twisted:

Matt 3 Jab
23rd November 2005, 08:40 PM
pink is a shade of red 8)

Jarro
23rd November 2005, 09:41 PM
RED = GAY

AndyP
23rd November 2005, 10:49 PM
Do they have TOUR issues?

Grunt
23rd November 2005, 10:53 PM
So I guess unless it is tour it is Gay!

3oneday
23rd November 2005, 10:56 PM
So I guess unless it is tour it is Gay!that, or if Trung is wearing one :shock:

:lol: :lol:

Grunt
23rd November 2005, 10:59 PM
LOL :smt038

Trung
24th November 2005, 07:39 AM
what is this?

picking on Trung week? :roll:

3oneday
24th November 2005, 08:17 AM
:smt058 :smt056

:smt075 :smt021

:lol:

McMw
25th November 2005, 05:09 PM
did see a couple of the ladies on the pro tour wear up to 4 at a time... :shock:

fren has two - asked him if it helps....can't really say...
golf game is still the same...not as if he's playing 3 shots better...

jean keeps hassling me to get one for her...I'll have to go get a macca's one soon just to shut her up... :wink:

AndyP
25th November 2005, 06:55 PM
Helps what, Mau.
I don't understand what the hell this thing is meant to do. Someone please explain.

McMw
25th November 2005, 06:57 PM
it's spose to be a cheaper replacement for the metal bangles the pros wear...

Els wears one, and also the necklace version...

something abt relieving joint pain (don't quote me)...

3oneday
25th November 2005, 07:19 PM
Helps what, Mau.
I don't understand what the hell this thing is meant to do.  Someone please explain.Ion, negative ions, meant to be a relaxant, google and see Andy !! Jarro has a negative Ion grip on his putter, as does Jamie I think.

Pete

AndyP
25th November 2005, 07:21 PM
google and see Andy !!
Don't be silly. OZgolf is my one stop for all golf info.

CM
30th November 2005, 06:26 PM
There is way better negative ion products made now.
IOMIC is a company in Japan that do minus ion the best. They make wrist bands, necklaces, and anklets as well as Golf grips and putter grips. The putter grips are the best made but expensive. They do not absorb moisture, they don't crack and are a smooth and tacky to the touch. "Negative ionized ceramics" :D
Iomic grips are getting more and more use on the US Tours since they arrived in the USA. They have been popular in Japan from day one. The iron/wood grips are magic but also expensive. Look for the grips on Fox. Most of the guys are using the black because it was the only colour available then but now other colours will be seen on tour. They look like the pinman grip {smooth} and some leave the white IOMIC paintfil but some guys dont.
I may be able to get these soon as I have had some supplied to me by companies for their players.
Cheers.
Chris

Jarro
30th November 2005, 06:31 PM
I have one of the Iomic grips on my putter ... a white one ... and it's the best feeling grip i've ever tried on a putter 8) can't say the same for the grip i have on my 3 wood :? doesn't seem to feel as good as the GP tour velvet i had on before.

Trung, do you wear one of these wrist bands ??

3oneday
30th November 2005, 07:34 PM
I have one of the Iomic grips on my putter ... a white one ... and it's the best feeling grip i've ever tried on a putter  8)  can't say the same for the grip i have on my 3 wood  :?  doesn't seem to feel as good as the GP tour velvet i had on before.

Trung, do you wear one of these wrist bands ??I too had one on a putter, first time out I had 7 three putts, 2nd time out I had 6. Feels great, but very thick, too much for my liking.

Tried a couple of the standard ones (yellow) on a driver and 3 wood, once again felt nice but gee they're hard to keep clean. My youngest has it on his putter now 8) :lol: the other is hanging in the shed.

Pete

CM
1st December 2005, 08:29 AM
Pete,
What model did you find felt thick? The IOMIC come in many thicknesses. The reason they can get dirty is that nothing will soak into them like other rubbers etc, everything stays on the surface which means its easy clean and does not deteriorate and break done like other grips. I guess if you don't like to clean them very often then you could choose one of the darker colours.
These would be the best grips made by any company thus far IMO.

3oneday
1st December 2005, 08:44 AM
Pete,
What model did you find felt thick? The IOMIC come in many thicknesses. The reason they can get dirty is that nothing will soak into them like other rubbers etc, everything stays on the surface which means its easy clean and does not deteriorate and break done like other grips. I guess if you don't like to clean them very often then you could choose one of the darker colours.
These would be the best grips made by any company thus far IMO.Chris, just their standard putter grip, the paddle ?? I think it is probably just standard paddle thickness but just didn't suit me. .

I think the dirtiness also came from the standard rubber grips rubbing on the Iomic ones in the bag, leaving ugly black marks. I tried cleaning but they seem to get into the grooves etc. Plus I was told to be careful with what you put on them as it damages the ions ???

Anyway, I think yellow wasn't my colour  :oops:  I spoke with the sales guy of Iomic Japan (via email) and he was looking for an Australian distributor (maybe you have already looked at it ?). I can send you the info if you like but it was a pretty big initial outlay :shock: .

Pete

Trung
1st December 2005, 09:36 PM

Matter of fact "I do" Jarro.

Jarro
1st December 2005, 09:40 PM

in your opinion ... do they have any practical benefits :?:

CM
1st December 2005, 10:48 PM
Pete,
When did you speak with IOMIC Japan? Can you tell me who you dealt with.
They have asked me to be the Australian and New Zealand distributor for the product exclusively just now.
I would appreciate all info you could share with me in regards to when and who etc, etc.
Thanks
Chris

Trung
2nd December 2005, 12:38 AM

in your opinion ... do they have any practical benefits  :?:

didn't you read my reply on the first page of this thread?.. anything else Mr. 40something...

Jarro
2nd December 2005, 06:28 AM

in your opinion ... do they have any practical benefits  :?:

didn't you read my reply on the first page of this thread?.. anything else Mr. 40something...

don't get cheeky young fella, or i'll have to give you another Crownie-drinking lesson :wink:

Jarro
16th December 2005, 06:57 PM
so what did we end up deciding about these ... are they of any benefit or not :?

i see them advertised a bit on fleabay, might have to get one myself to see what all the fuss is about :roll:

3oneday
17th December 2005, 11:25 AM
so what did we end up deciding about these ... are they of any benefit or not  :?

i see them advertised a bit on fleabay, might have to get one myself to see what all the fuss is about  :roll:make sure you colour cordinate them sweety :wink:

:lol: :lol:

Jarro
17th December 2005, 03:36 PM
so what did we end up deciding about these ... are they of any benefit or not  :?

i see them advertised a bit on fleabay, might have to get one myself to see what all the fuss is about  :roll:make sure you colour cordinate them sweety  :wink:

:lol:  :lol:

funny boy ...... ya piss head

ordered a Royal Blue one ..... should be here early next week 8)

Fishman Dan
17th December 2005, 03:46 PM
Picked up a couple today at PowerGolf. The missus has wondered what all the fuss is with wearing these wrist-bands, so i grabbed one. Paid $19 over the counter.

Jarro
17th December 2005, 04:02 PM
Picked up a couple today at PowerGolf. The missus has wondered what all the fuss is with wearing these wrist-bands, so i grabbed one. Paid $19 over the counter.

yeah, that's what i paid for mine .... just add $1.50 postage :roll:

3oneday
17th December 2005, 07:44 PM
Picked up a couple today at PowerGolf. The missus has wondered what all the fuss is with wearing these wrist-bands, so i grabbed one. Paid $19 over the counter.so, what do the descructions say about their magical qualities Dan ??? :?

Fishman Dan
18th December 2005, 08:11 AM
My wallet became magically lighter? :roll:

I've ferretted them away for the big day, so i'll update later. Will they help iron out my fade?

3oneday
18th December 2005, 01:02 PM
My wallet became magically lighter? :roll:

I've ferretted them away for the big day, so i'll update later. Will they help iron out my fade?gay fade, gay wrist band, mate the potential is there I suppose :lol: :lol:

AndyP
18th December 2005, 08:09 PM
Saw Davhomason with one of these on today. I think it helped him find the trees more...

Fishman Dan
18th December 2005, 08:41 PM
Saw Davhomason with one of these on today.  I think it helped him find the trees more...

Was it a Titan branded one, or TaylorMade/Adidas?

There are a lot of knock-off wristbands you know :roll:

Jarro
23rd December 2005, 12:22 PM
mine arrived today ..... just put it on now and i feel more positively charged already :P :lol:

pretty blue .... i'm sure to be the envy of my playing partners at Nudgee tomorrow :lol:

3oneday
23rd December 2005, 01:12 PM
mine arrived today ..... just put it on now and i feel more positively charged already  :P  :lol:

pretty blue .... i'm sure to be the laughing stock of my playing partners at Nudgee tomorrow  :lol: :smt009 :-#

Jarro
23rd December 2005, 01:45 PM
mine arrived today ..... just put it on now and i feel more positively charged already  :P  :lol:

pretty blue .... i'm sure to be the laughing stock of my playing partners at Nudgee tomorrow  :lol: :smt009  :-#

geez .... i'm gonna have to work at bit harder to get you bite old fella :roll: :lol:

3oneday
23rd December 2005, 02:13 PM
geez .... i'm gonna have to work at bit harder to get you to bite old fella  :roll:  :lol: :roll: :smt011