PDA

View Full Version : Weird golflinkness

BGH
4th April 2013, 09:20 PM
This is my golflink page

http://www.golflink.com.au/HandicapHistory.aspx?golflink_no=3010601465

Before my round on Saturday my exact handicap was 14.8. I had an ok round playing off 15 and played to 11. This went into my golflink history earlier in the week as played off 15, played to 11, new exact = 14.0. All as per normal.

But having a look at it today something weird has happened to my latest round. It has changed to now say played off 14, played to 10, new exact = 13.9. You can clearly see that on my prior round (#2) my new exact = 14.8 so I was definitely playing off 15 when I teed off Saturday. Why would it change to say played off 14 for my most recent round?

Captain Nemo
4th April 2013, 09:40 PM
I'm no expert on the matter but prob got something to do with the course rating?

markTHEblake
4th April 2013, 09:48 PM
played "off" has nothing to do with handicap calculations, so pointless wondering about that bit.
As long as the Gross is correct, and the played "to"

sounds to me like someone amended the Course rating after the round was submitted, but the only way you will ever know is ask the handicapper at your club. But little point doing that either becuase all he is going to tell you is he fixed a mistake.

If the Gross score is correct, then the rest is correct. DOnt lose anymore sleep :-)

BGH
4th April 2013, 10:06 PM
played "off" has nothing to do with handicap calculations, so pointless wondering about that bit.
As long as the Gross is correct, and the played "to"

sounds to me like someone amended the Course rating after the round was submitted, but the only way you will ever know is ask the handicapper at your club. But little point doing that either becuase all he is going to tell you is he fixed a mistake.

If the Gross score is correct, then the rest is correct. DOnt lose anymore sleep :-)

I disagree, played off is important in scoring/calculations.

Played off has nothing to do with the course rating or anything like that, it is simply the "new exact" of your previous round rounded to a whole number. And that number determines how you score your next round, especially in stableford/par.

The rating on that Saturday was par 73 rated 74 same as it is every Saturday and when I teed off on that day my hc was 15. Hence when I parred the 15th indexed hole I scored 3 points. If I had actually been off 14 like my history now suggests I wouldn't have got that hole and I would have only hit 38 points for the day and not 39 like I actually submitted.

I just find it strange that my "played off" is different to the "new exact" of my previous round. I thought that was impossible (disregarding anchor).

markTHEblake
4th April 2013, 10:42 PM
I disagree, played off is important in scoring/calculations.

Played off has nothing to do with your handicap calculation.
Golf Link is for the calculation of your handicap

If your Gross score is still correct whilst there is a mystery your handicap is still calculated correctly.

muldude
5th April 2013, 07:59 AM
The difference would be .11 give or take .01 or so wouldn't it ?

don't want to lose one on the 15th ? :-)

BGH
5th April 2013, 08:09 AM
Look to be clear I'm not concerned about the hc change or anything like that, like you said the amendment only makes 0.1 of a difference. I was just curious about how/why my round on golflink would change but the only things that changes were the "played off" and "played to". Never heard of that happening before and I cant for the life of me think why anyone would do that.

Because of the change my gross score is now incorrect. If I was off 15 on the day I would have hit 39 points which = played to 11. If I was off 14 on the day I would have hit 38 points which = played to 11.

Currently the round is showing played to 10, which is incorrect.

It's not worth the trouble of tracking down our handicapper to fix it, just curious is all.

muldude
5th April 2013, 08:13 AM
probably just a typo from the h'capper perhaps, it is odd that's for sure

Captain Nemo
5th April 2013, 08:13 AM
No, i'd track your handicapper down and get him to explain what happened, thats his job after all....