PDA

View Full Version : WAnkers Unite! - Vic Champs 2014!!!!!

simmsy
3rd April 2013, 07:10 PM
Get on board the Black Duck and put your name forward for a great weekend of golf with our friends (cough cough splutter) in the east.

i'm heading over the for the Vic Champs in 2014 and after speaking to Lefty decided we needed our own thread as the easties get upset with the way we do things over this way.

Nothing too much is yet confirmed all i can tell you is it is likely to be in February and the Vics will take us to some of the best courses this country can offer (bloody better anyway)

So we will try and keep our ideas in here for now and then unleash on the Vics once it gets a little closer, but thought we need to start to see if there is much interest amongst us lot to make the journey.

so hoping we can get a few across put your name and thoughts below and hope to see you over there.

EOI to Vic Champs - 2014

Simmsy
Shadesy
Foxgolf

G.K (firming.....like rubin at MardiGras)

Yossarian
3rd April 2013, 07:12 PM
If my work life allows it.

simmsy
3rd April 2013, 07:54 PM
youre out?

sms316
3rd April 2013, 08:04 PM
Nullabor Cup III will be played on the east? Nice.

Ashes
3rd April 2013, 08:14 PM
I wish.

Qld is probably a chance at some point.

Golfnut
3rd April 2013, 10:39 PM
I wish.

+1

Being relatively close to our Champs.....

http://i186.photobucket.com/albums/x165/BXT007/Unknown-8_zps1154d6e6.jpeg

LeftyHoges
3rd April 2013, 10:46 PM
To give you a heads up I've calculated that everything (airport parking fees, flights, accommodation, golf, meals, hire car) will cost around $1500 for the 4 days golf and accommodation. Basically the only extras you will need to pay for above that will be your grog and powerade / water. There may be room to get that cost down too.

Some premier and very special courses on the rota though. An announcement will be made in the next few days once we've crossed the t's and dotted the lower case j's.

Shadesy
3rd April 2013, 11:04 PM
You know my showstopper lefty.

LeftyHoges
3rd April 2013, 11:05 PM

Avoided! ;-)

Yossarian
3rd April 2013, 11:23 PM

I told you to stop bringing up my Mum.

LeftyHoges
3rd April 2013, 11:50 PM
I told you to stop bringing up my Mum.

I would've thought you'd be at least pleased she was a showstopper for Shadesy.

tommyg
3rd April 2013, 11:50 PM
If you can include revolver in the rota then count me in. Or at least have someone pic me up from there on the way to the course.

idgolfguy
4th April 2013, 02:32 AM
Not sure as yet. Family is going to Europe for a month over December and Jan. so will know closer to the date.

Mububban
4th April 2013, 10:45 AM
To give you a heads up I've calculated that everything (airport parking fees, flights, accommodation, golf, meals, hire car) will cost around $1500 for the 4 days golf and accommodation. Basically the only extras you will need to pay for above that will be your grog and powerade / water. There may be room to get that cost down too

That's pretty enticing for another year in future. How much golf would you be playing? 18 a day for the 4 days or flogging yourselves and playing more than 18?

LeftyHoges
4th April 2013, 10:54 AM
That's pretty enticing for another year in future. How much golf would you be playing? 18 a day for the 4 days or flogging yourselves and playing more than 18?

Some of us actually play a 5th day (on the Thursday prior) but it would be a struggle for you guys to get here on time to play that. You'd basically have to be in Melbourne by around 2:30PM VIC time at the latest, meaning about a 7AM leave for you guys taking the 3 hour Daylight Savings time difference into account. Could be done, just a big day.

We only play 18 per day. If you really wanted to play more holes you could do so on Friday morning (probably only 9 unless you were up real early) or Monday arvo before flying out in evening but Saturday and Sunday are pretty well jam packed with a bit of travel that happens. I suppose if you were super keen Sunday arvo you could find somewhere too, but nobody was even close to wanting that.

popper81
4th April 2013, 10:56 AM
Heaps of time to play holes saturday morning if you are waiting on Lefty... He doesn't get up until.... I don't know... Lunch time :)

Courty
4th April 2013, 10:58 AM
If anyone (from WA or anywhere else) has the opportunity to get in on this, don't let it slip by. If this years inaugural VIC Champs was anything to go by, it will be one of the best golfing experiences of your life!

LeftyHoges
4th April 2013, 11:03 AM
Heaps of time to play holes saturday morning if you are waiting on Lefty... He doesn't get up until.... I don't know... Lunch time :)

I could've crawled into bed and slept well past then. Hell, I nearly curled up in the shower and slept past then. :lol:

If anyone (from WA or anywhere else) has the opportunity to get in on this, don't let it slip by. If this years inaugural VIC Champs was anything to go by, it will be one of the best golfing experiences of your life!

We aim to please! In Poppers words: "Consider it the Masters of the golfing year, played on supreme courses with supreme players."

I realise that it's a bit more pricey than both the WA and QLD champs, but if you want to play the good courses in Melbourne this is the price we pay.

Shadesy
4th April 2013, 11:06 AM
Just had some good news in regards to this :-)

LeftyHoges
4th April 2013, 11:07 AM
Just had some good news in regards to this :-)

Permission?

popper81
4th April 2013, 11:08 AM
We aim to please! In Poppers words: "Consider it the Masters of the golfing year, played on supreme courses with supreme players."

Wise words.

QLD = Lots of people, very social... golf is an after thought. Hence the dismal scores.
WA = from all reports, one hell of a party
VIC = golf tragics... The courses are that good you don't need the booze, and that brutal you want to play well.

sms316
4th April 2013, 11:13 AM
Just had some good news in regards to this :-) Simmsy's forehead is coming as well?

simmsy
4th April 2013, 11:52 AM
Oi!
That's for Heafs ball bag only ok.

Ashes
4th April 2013, 12:06 PM
Oi!
That's for Heafs ball bag only ok.

I respect a man who knows what he wants.

simmsy
4th April 2013, 12:13 PM
He keeps it trim atleast!

Ashes
4th April 2013, 12:14 PM
No hairy bean bags for you then? Nice.

TourFit
4th April 2013, 09:48 PM
#-o

rubin
4th April 2013, 10:52 PM
I'm in for this, pending work commitments. I've been looking to head over for some quality golf in the near future, so may as well make it for this!

simmsy
4th April 2013, 11:25 PM
Good stuff rubes.
Shadesy was hoping you can make it. ;)

LeftyHoges
4th April 2013, 11:25 PM
I'm in for this, pending work commitments. I've been looking to head over for some quality golf in the near future, so may as well make it for this!

Great stuff Rubes!

rubin
5th April 2013, 12:01 AM
Good stuff rubes.
Shadesy was hoping you can make it. ;)

I reminded him today of our weekend at champs last year. Photo memories......

simmsy
22nd October 2013, 04:15 PM
After such a great wend had by the WAnkers I just wanted to bump this thread. Would be great to get another few guys over there and pinch the cup from those cocky Easties.

Ned
22nd October 2013, 04:17 PM
after such a great wend had by the wankers i just wanted to bump this thread. Would be great to get another few guys over there and pinch the cup from those magnificent quality easties.

ftfy

:)

sms316
22nd October 2013, 04:17 PM
After such a great wend had by the WAnkers I just wanted to bump this thread. Would be great to get another few guys over there and pinch the cup from those cocky Easties.
We are being very humble in victory.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SXmk8dbFv_o

G.K
22nd October 2013, 11:41 PM

Hmmm.....I do have plenty of leave owing to me, and would be keen to play some new courses. Thinking, thinking........

FoxGolf
22nd October 2013, 11:44 PM
Come on GK. don't think, do.

simmsy
22nd October 2013, 11:47 PM
GK do it mate.

Woodlands
Royal Melbourne West
The Dunes
Portsea
Kew

You will not get a better selection of courses in one weekend again in your life.

Even if u can only do 3 of the days.

idgolfguy
23rd October 2013, 12:20 AM
There's also Barnbougle and Lost Farm in Tasmania.

WBennett
23rd October 2013, 07:15 AM
GK do it mate.

Woodlands
Royal Melbourne West
The Dunes
Portsea
Kew

You will not get a better selection of courses in one weekend again in your life.

Even if u can only do 3 of the days.

Simmsy has nailed it. For me, I would pay anything to play RMW, especially as it should still be in sensational condition.

hocko
23rd October 2013, 08:39 AM
There's also Barnbougle and Lost Farm in Tasmania.

And there's "The Australian Golf Club" in Sydney. ;)

sms316
23rd October 2013, 08:40 AM
And there's "The Australian Golf Club" in Sydney. ;)

Might be time to edit your signature mate. :lol:

hocko
23rd October 2013, 08:42 AM
Might be time to edit your signature mate. :lol:

Why?

sms316
23rd October 2013, 08:52 AM
Why?

#jackspackwilllosethenullycup

Hmmm...

hocko
23rd October 2013, 08:53 AM
Hmmm...

Ah, gotcha!

simmsy
23rd October 2013, 09:24 AM
His sig is still relevant.
Come Feb'14 it will be true

Marto65
23rd October 2013, 09:46 AM
We wont be Jacks Pack then ... we will be Lefty's Gypsies.

sms316
23rd October 2013, 09:49 AM
Simmsy has nailed it. For me, I would pay anything to play RMW, especially as it should still be in sensational condition. Kennedy Bay has better greens though.

Jeffo1123
23rd October 2013, 09:58 AM
Kennedy Bay has better greens though. I'm guessing some Tiger taming went down over the weekend.....

LeftyHoges
23rd October 2013, 10:01 AM
We wont be Jacks Pack then ... we will be Lefty's Gypsies.

Lefties defties? You know, because of our excellent short game touch.

Kennedy Bay has better greens though.

Whoops, I was wrong, it's not Bermuda at Kennedy Bay. It is ACTUALLY Bentgrass, but a particular strain called 'Pencross'.

It's still shit though.

sms316
23rd October 2013, 10:08 AM
I'm guessing some Tiger taming went down over the weekend..... Tiger dribbling was strong on Friday.

Bushka
23rd October 2013, 10:46 AM
Hocko clear your inbox :)

Marto65
23rd October 2013, 11:23 AM
Hockos inbox is full from the massive influx of abuse from WAnkers due to the loss of yet another Nully Cup.

hocko
23rd October 2013, 11:55 AM
Hockos inbox is full from the massive influx of abuse from WAnkers due to the loss of yet another Nully Cup.

I didn't lose!

idgolfguy
23rd October 2013, 03:54 PM
It's all about me, isn't it.

Marto65
23rd October 2013, 04:42 PM
I didn't lose! Captain of the losing team?

sms316
23rd October 2013, 04:53 PM
Captain of the losing team? Good point! Hocko has come out of this with far more dignity than his predecessor.

G.K
23rd October 2013, 07:15 PM
EOI to Vic Champs - 2014

Simmsy
Shadesy
Foxgolf

G.K (firming.....like rubin at MardiGras)

Consider me rock hard!

Marto65
23rd October 2013, 07:19 PM
That's gold. 4 man Nullarbor.

simmsy
23rd October 2013, 07:29 PM
Awesome stuff GK.

AndyP
23rd October 2013, 07:32 PM
I love you guys. I'll show you how much in Feb.

sms316
23rd October 2013, 07:45 PM
I love you guys. I'll show you how much in Feb. And vice versa.
Consider me rock hard!

FoxGolf
23rd October 2013, 09:50 PM
I love you guys. I'll show you how much in Feb.

Careful AndyP I'm from Tassie originally (brothers / sisters / ozgolfers, they're all the same) and I'm a Hawks member.