PDA

View Full Version : 2013 US Masters ADAM SCOTT CHAMPION

Pages : [1] 2 3 4 5

matty
3rd April 2013, 03:40 PM
Is anybody favourite? Tiger maybe, due to form and confidence, but it looks like it's anyone's this year.

virge666
3rd April 2013, 03:47 PM
Anyone doing a tipping comp ?

Ashes
3rd April 2013, 03:49 PM
Is this on free to air?

Waddzy
3rd April 2013, 03:54 PM
Im backing Poulter to get up.. not sure why just think he is due to break through on something big like this. Rose I think will shoot well Thurs/Friday but loses something over the weekend..

virge666
3rd April 2013, 03:56 PM
Is this on free to air?

Always.

PerryGroves
3rd April 2013, 03:57 PM
Is this on free to air?

Thank goodness Channel Ten are covering thereby avoiding another round of discussion about Foxtel vs free to air (not aimed at you Ashes).

No Luke Elvy this year but there will be some other poor bloke taking the horrific feed from the US and wearing the wrath from domestic punters prior to their first coffee and dart. Jim Nantz sucking maximum schlong, the ****in azaeleas, Tiger every two seconds, that said, I'm pumped

sms316
3rd April 2013, 03:57 PM
Is this on free to air?
I think it is scheduled to occassionally interrupt advertising on Network Ten.

Waddzy
3rd April 2013, 03:59 PM
I think it is scheduled to occassionally interrupt advertising on Network Ten. So we will get to see tiger putt, mcilroy putt then ad break? rinse and repeat?

Ashes
3rd April 2013, 04:00 PM
Thank goodness Channel Ten are covering thereby avoiding another round of discussion about Foxtel vs free to air (not aimed at you Ashes).

Sweet. Wouldn't normally be fussed (I accept I'm a tightarse and miss out on stuff on tv as a result) but I'm home with a new bub and tend to be up with him early mornings around the time it'll be on. :)

PeteyD
3rd April 2013, 04:01 PM
To be fair the masters coverage was a lot better than that last year.

sms316
3rd April 2013, 04:05 PM
So we will get to see tiger putt, mcilroy putt then ad break? rinse and repeat?
Perhaps. CBS have to show (I think) 57 minutes of "action" per hour. It is a shame that their contract conditions don't extend to Ten.

Ashes
3rd April 2013, 04:05 PM
I think it is scheduled to occassionally interrupt advertising on Network Ten.

Lol

At least all WAnkers will get to see heaps of my good friend Barry from the PGN!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TiPRkJGqPdw&feature=youtube_gdata_player

virge666
3rd April 2013, 04:06 PM
gents,

they only send the US feed. Which is much higher advertising allotment than here. it is not Channel 10, it is the US feed, that is how they televise it.

Channel 10 have no say it what gets shown... they just resend the feed.

Foxtel is exactly the same except they have some numpty drone his way through a few other players that no one gives a shit about when the USA are showing ads. You can always tell as the feed will switch to Standard Def.

it is the way it has always been.

virge666
3rd April 2013, 04:10 PM
20 mins of action for each half hour.

in other words - 2 mins action = 1 min of advertising.

In Oz it is 23 mins for each half hour.

sms316
3rd April 2013, 04:11 PM
gents,

they only send the US feed. Which is much higher advertising allotment than here. it is not Channel 10, it is the US feed, that is how they televise it.

Channel 10 have no say it what gets shown... they just resend the feed.

Foxtel is exactly the same except they have some numpty drone his way through a few other players that no one gives a shit about when the USA are showing ads. You can always tell as the feed will switch to Standard Def.

it is the way it has always been.
Not true Virge. The Masters has a contract with CBS stating 57 minutes of "action" to be shown per hour. Totally different to every other tournament.

PeteyD
3rd April 2013, 04:13 PM
The masters control the telecast. I think it is in 'A Good Walk Spoilt" that it gets outlined what the agreement is.

virge666
3rd April 2013, 04:15 PM
Not true Virge. The Masters has a contract with CBS stating 57 minutes of "action" to be shown per hour. Totally different to every other tournament.

You sure... and are you sure it doesn't include other channels narrow casting. I remember lots of shots of flowers, and bridges whilst they recap play over and over.

In the US, you can get 4 different channels of the same event at different places. Does this kick in to the 57 mins ?

No idea from my end... but 6 ads an hour would struggle to make the TV rights viable even at 60K a spot.

oncewasagolfer
3rd April 2013, 04:16 PM
I don't mind as I won't be watching live and can skip the ads along with the endless sepo bs.

sms316
3rd April 2013, 04:17 PM
You sure... and are you sure it doesn't include other channels narrow casting. I remember lots of shots of flowers, and bridges whilst they recap play over and over.

In the US, you can get 4 different channels of the same event at different places. Does this kick in to the 57 mins ?

No idea from my end... but 6 ads an hour would struggle to make the TV rights viable even at 60K a spot.
When I say 57 mins of "action" it would probably make more sense to say ads are limited to 3 minutes per hour.

virge666
I don't mind as I won't be watching live and can skip the ads along with the endless sepo bs.

+500

virge666
When I say 57 mins of "action" it would probably make more sense to say ads are limited to 3 minutes per hour.

Yep - 6 30 seconds commercials.

Anyone got any references to look up ?

sms316
3rd April 2013, 04:19 PM
Yep - 6 30 seconds commercials.

Anyone got any references to look up ?
I stuffed up - it is 56 mins. According to Wiki (yes - I know).

The club mandates minimal commercial interruption, currently limited to four minutes per hour (as opposed to the usual 12 or more); this is subsidized by selling exclusive sponsorship packages to three companies--as of 2013, these "partners" are IBM (http://www.ozgolf.net/wiki/IBM), ExxonMobil (http://www.ozgolf.net/wiki/ExxonMobil) and AT&T (http://www.ozgolf.net/wiki/AT%26T).[84] (http://www.ozgolf.net/#cite_note-prest-84) In the immediate aftermath of the Martha Burk controversy, there were no commercials during the 2003 and 2004 broadcasts,[85] (http://www.ozgolf.net/#cite_note-polite-85) although international commercial broadcasters continued to insert their own commercials into the coverage. The Players Championship began imposing the same rule in 2007 and some of the other major championships have tried to follow suit in their most recent TV contracts.

Dude, Where's my Par?
3rd April 2013, 04:45 PM
so how will I know what Drummond have on sale if I can only watch them repeated a few times an hour?
I demand more BO on my TV!

Veefore
3rd April 2013, 04:46 PM
That's the US feed that has the ad restrictions.
I believe that the international feed has no restrictions on advertising times as each country has its own broadcast regulations.

virge666
3rd April 2013, 04:53 PM
I stuffed up - it is 56 mins. According to Wiki (yes - I know).

nice one - cheers

Rowdy
3rd April 2013, 05:44 PM
Tiger is the hottest golfer on the planet by some margin at the moment so has to be the overwhelming favourite.

I've always had a feeling Charles Howell would go close to winning a Masters, playing very well this year so he's my underdog tip.

DJ is very up and down but will probably win a major or two before he is done, wouldn't surprise me to see him win.

matty
3rd April 2013, 05:49 PM
Tiger if his short game continues. But can he handle the weekend and deal with his first wayward drive on Saturday?

Johnny Canuck
3rd April 2013, 06:13 PM
Phat Phil.

markTHEblake
3rd April 2013, 06:29 PM
Ben Crane. and he will play the final round in his helmet.

BrettM
3rd April 2013, 06:39 PM
Either Brandt Snedeker or Charl Schwartzel to win, might put a bit on each.

BGH
3rd April 2013, 08:58 PM
Tiger is the hottest golfer on the planet by some margin at the moment so has to be the overwhelming favourite.

I've always had a feeling Charles Howell would go close to winning a Masters, playing very well this year so he's my underdog tip.

DJ is very up and down but will probably win a major or two before he is done, wouldn't surprise me to see him win.

I think you will get pretty good odds on Charles Howell III winning the masters seeing as though he failed to qualify to play.

BGH
3rd April 2013, 09:02 PM
Tiger is obviously the man to beat, but if I had to throw in a few roughies I'd say Keegs, Peter Hanson or Bill Haas.

Ashes
3rd April 2013, 09:19 PM
Someone using a cheat stick will win unfortunately.

Rowdy
3rd April 2013, 09:32 PM
I think you will get pretty good odds on Charles Howell III winning the masters seeing as though he failed to qualify to play.

Wow, I thought he was inside the top 50 comfortably. I'm not the only one to make that mistake obviously, there are still people wanting to back him on Betfair from $230-$1000. About $300 free money if you have a healthy BF balance.

sms316
3rd April 2013, 09:35 PM
Someone using a cheat stick will win unfortunately. Haysey?

Shortylook
3rd April 2013, 09:53 PM

No Luke Elvy this year but there will be some other poor bloke taking the horrific feed from the US and wearing the wrath from domestic punters prior to their first coffee and dart. Jim Nantz sucking maximum schlong, the ****in azaeleas, Tiger every two seconds, that said, I'm pumped
Jesus tell us what you really think ha ha

BayBum
3rd April 2013, 09:57 PM
Hanson is a good out sider, Tiger & DJ would be my big guns.

Ashes
3rd April 2013, 10:27 PM
Haysey?

No idea, they're all nobodies using those things.

timah!
4th April 2013, 05:57 AM
Stuff you all:

Go Rory!

Dotty
4th April 2013, 07:45 AM
Jesus tell us what you really think ha ha
No can do.

He'll be very busy that week helping Bernhard, Bubba and Baddely.

popper81
4th April 2013, 08:04 AM
Stuff you all:Go Rory! He will win....... The weekend off.

haysey
4th April 2013, 11:59 AM
Haysey?

No idea, they're all nobodies using those things.

:mrgreen:

Cheatstick and a hi-vis shirt. It's like bogan frikking heaven.

Tomson
4th April 2013, 12:02 PM
Cheatstick and a hi-vis shirt. It's like bogan frikking heaven.

When did you start using a cheat stick??

haysey
4th April 2013, 12:05 PM
When did you start using a cheat stick??

Back when all the cool kids were using them....

Dcanto
4th April 2013, 03:16 PM
Back when all the cool kids were using them.... With all the weight you have lost you won't have much of a belly left to anchor a putter against.

razaar
4th April 2013, 05:21 PM
Tiger will be hard to beat. Hopefully somebody other than an American will win it. Fingers and toes are crossed for Jason Day to pull it off.

KristianJ
4th April 2013, 05:29 PM
No can do. He'll be very busy that week helping Bernhard, Bubba and Baddely. Aaron will be requiring intervention this weekend in order to make it to Augusta to play.

markTHEblake
5th April 2013, 12:23 AM
He'll be very busy that week helping Bernhard, Bubba and Baddely.

An omnipresent being can't be busy, an eternal being can't be booked in for a week, and he doesn't intervene to help those three nor the other 20 you forgot to mention either!

Jackson
5th April 2013, 01:20 AM
An omnipresent being can't be busy, an eternal being can't be booked in for a week, and he doesn't intervene to help those three nor the other 20 you forgot to mention either!

Sounds a lot like the government, always there but doesn't seem to actually help anyone.

irishamateur
5th April 2013, 05:26 PM
Here are my outsider picks:

Francesco Molinari@$270
Bill Haas@$160
Scott Piercy@$420
Jason Dufner@70
Paul Lawrie@560

All prices from Betfair.com

talbo
5th April 2013, 08:52 PM
Would like to see Adam win it but have a feeling Tiger will do well.

PeteyD
5th April 2013, 08:54 PM
Jason Day. Feeling in the water.

Dotty
5th April 2013, 09:14 PM
Only 126 holes to go, for the Bowdo Cinderella story.

Ducky
6th April 2013, 09:34 PM
Is this on free to air?

Always.
So excited. :D

Johnny Canuck
6th April 2013, 09:45 PM
I like the Dufner pick. Especially with all that has transpired with Dufnering.

I would love Phil & Bubba head to head on Sunday in a lefties battle.

Mububban
7th April 2013, 01:00 AM
I would love Phil & Bubba head to head on Sunday in a lefties battle.

There would not a dull moment with those 2 playing

Ashes
8th April 2013, 07:39 PM
Read today that the 14yr old Chinese amateur has been at Augusts preparing for the past month.

At that level, how much benefit would you get from that sort of preparation in advance?

idgolfguy
8th April 2013, 07:56 PM
Really get an understanding of the various course nuances. Hopefully help to control the adrenaline rush when the crowds are there.

PeteyD
8th April 2013, 07:57 PM
Given that once you qualify you are allowed to play it as much as possible when it is open, I'd be there as much as possible. He may never get on it again (not likely if he is as good as they say, but possible).

markTHEblake
8th April 2013, 08:04 PM
I hope nobody finds out that the 14yp chinese kid uses a belly putter. This thread will jump to about 10 pages within 24 hours.

PerryGroves
8th April 2013, 08:06 PM
Playing Augusta beats the shit out of punching the clock at the Shenzhen Nike factory.

Think the amateurs are given accomodation somewhere on the grounds. Memories to last a lifetime.

Ashes
8th April 2013, 08:08 PM
Playing Augusta beats the shit out of punching the clock at the Shenzhen Nike factory.

Think the amateurs are given accomodation somewhere on the grounds. Memories to last a lifetime.

I think I read it's in the crow's nest at the top of the clubhouse.

Ashes
8th April 2013, 08:15 PM
Here's some pics http://www.golf.com/photos/augusta-national-clubhouse-photos/crows-nest#332989

simmsy
8th April 2013, 09:58 PM
Instead of questioning his preparation ashes, maybe take something from it. Can't hurt your game.

Golfnut
8th April 2013, 10:05 PM
How would he do that? He has almost nothing in common with this kid.

Ashes
8th April 2013, 10:14 PM
Instead of questioning his preparation ashes, maybe take something from it. Can't hurt your game.

GGF.

simmsy
8th April 2013, 11:50 PM
KTown tomorrow?

Ashes
8th April 2013, 11:53 PM
Indeed. The old man is away next week so this is the last of the dawn tee offs.

simmsy
9th April 2013, 12:01 AM
U must be hating this Indian summer
MotherGoth-al

Ashes
9th April 2013, 07:53 AM
Taking in the sights at Cottesloe Beach is tough to deal with I guess..

But this is the Masters thread; got anything relevant to contribute?

Mububban
10th April 2013, 10:56 AM
This link has a course tour of Augusta with flyover videos. Simply amazing. I doubt I'll ever see let alone play a course like this in my lifetime, but I can dream

http://www.masters.com/en_US/course/index.html

virge666
10th April 2013, 01:07 PM
I hope nobody finds out that the 14yp chinese kid uses a belly putter. This thread will jump to about 10 pages within 24 hours.

And what if he was a god botherer as well ?

virge666
10th April 2013, 01:17 PM
Wow,

How about the inane drivel surrounding the 14 year old on the video feed.

Kudo's to him, won the Asian Amateur... I still don't think he is in Mozart's league though.

:) :) :)

Jarro
10th April 2013, 01:24 PM
They were always going to gush over a person so young taking part in their prestigious tournament

timah!
10th April 2013, 01:27 PM
Wow,

How about the inane drivel surrounding the 14 year old on the video feed.

Kudo's to him, won the Asian Amateur... I still don't think he is in Mozart's league though.

:) :) :)

Anchors. Never will be near Mozart.

virge666
10th April 2013, 01:30 PM
They were always going to gush over a person so young taking part in their prestigious tournament

They are not usually big on foreigners either !!!

Jarro
10th April 2013, 01:32 PM
They are not usually big on foreigners either !!!

It'll be interesting to see what kind of air-time they give him , regardless of how he's playing ?

chinaski
10th April 2013, 02:04 PM
Thank god it's also on Foxtel, saves me screwing around with rabbit ears trying to get OneHD.

Jarro
10th April 2013, 02:28 PM
I think the par 3 tournament is on ONE, but the main comp is on Ten Digital.

http://www.pga.org.au/article-display/US-Masters-TV-Guide/135667

markTHEblake
10th April 2013, 02:45 PM
And what if he was a god botherer as well ? What could he do to bother God?

oncewasagolfer
10th April 2013, 02:53 PM
I think the par 3 tournament is on ONE, but the main comp is on Ten Digital.http://www.pga.org.au/article-display/US-Masters-TV-Guide/135667 Yes this is correct I added it to my pvr last night.

chinaski
10th April 2013, 03:01 PM
I think the par 3 tournament is on ONE, but the main comp is on Ten Digital.

http://www.pga.org.au/article-display/US-Masters-TV-Guide/135667

Ahaa, cool thanks for that. Sorted then!

irishamateur
10th April 2013, 04:59 PM
Thank god it's also on Foxtel, saves me screwing around with rabbit ears trying to get OneHD.

Are you sure that Foxtel also have live coverage?

timah!
10th April 2013, 05:00 PM
Are you sure that Foxtel also have live coverage?

It's not live on Fox...

Yossarian
10th April 2013, 05:10 PM
Was it the Masters that was actively hunting and killing live streams last year?

Courty
10th April 2013, 05:51 PM
Some Masters betting info here (http://www.weiunderpar.com/post/masters-odds-and-ends-every-possible-bet-you-could-fathom), and pairings here (http://www.weiunderpar.com/post/your-2013-masters-pairings).

Captain Nemo
10th April 2013, 08:16 PM
Bubba's Dinner menu...

Lucasto23
10th April 2013, 08:31 PM
Damn red necks

simmsy
10th April 2013, 09:15 PM
Disappoint in Bubbas menu.
Pretty bland.

simmsy
10th April 2013, 09:16 PM
Enjoyed his interview today. Funny man and good sense of humour about himself.

Cries a bit too much though

Jackson
10th April 2013, 09:37 PM
Disappoint in Bubbas menu.
Pretty bland.

Im guessing he had some of the best chefs available at his disposal and he has them cook caesar salad, chicken and mac n cheese with cornbread?
Crazy, but I guess if thats what he likes then good on him.

Jarro
11th April 2013, 06:17 AM
Par 3 contest.

Looks like Brian Gay has been into Leftyhoges wardrobe !! :shock:

Ferrins
11th April 2013, 07:02 AM
Im guessing he had some of the best chefs available at his disposal and he has them cook caesar salad, chicken and mac n cheese with cornbread?Crazy, but I guess if thats what he likes then good on him. No biggie as you can order off the menu anyway. On another note I played a tennis tournament at Augusta and stayed with a really really rich guy who only housed the number 1 seed each year(wasn't me) I befriended this tier 1 tennis patron with the usual would you mind giving me a hit wow you got some game what do you think I should do with my serve strategy. Anyway he offered me a Round of golf at Augusta National but I declined. I was a keen golfer then but it never clicked to me that Augusta National Golf Course and the Masters were one and the same. Missed a golden opportunity there.

Captain Nemo
11th April 2013, 07:59 AM
No biggie as you can order off the menu anyway. On another note I played a tennis tournament at Augusta and stayed with a really really rich guy who only housed the number 1 seed each year(wasn't me) I befriended this tier 1 tennis patron with the usual would you mind giving me a hit wow you got some game what do you think I should do with my serve strategy. Anyway he offered me a Round of golf at Augusta National but I declined. I was a keen golfer then but it never clicked to me that Augusta National Golf Course and the Masters were one and the same. Missed a golden opportunity there.

Hahahahaha, you never cease to surprise me Ferret, seriously!;)

Captain Nemo
11th April 2013, 08:05 AM
Just heard the new rules, for the cut, top 50 (gone up from 40) and those within 10 shots of the lead....may as well have no cut?:smt017

Shane788
11th April 2013, 08:43 AM
Who won the par 3 comp? Last I seen before I left the house was Bo Van Pelt -4 thru 4 holes.

Ferrins
11th April 2013, 08:47 AM
Bo was 6 under and had a birdie putt on the last and let his kid putt so DQed.

Johnny Canuck
11th April 2013, 09:00 AM
Smart move. No superstitious golfer wants to win the par 3.

Mububban
11th April 2013, 10:04 AM
Can't wait to wake up early and watch it, watching the Masters for the first time is what really hooked me into golf, can't wait to revisit Augusta National

Eag's
11th April 2013, 10:48 AM
I have very little interest in golf these days, but even I will tune in at some stage.

sms316
11th April 2013, 03:33 PM
Just a reminder to those in the invitational tipping comp to get your tips in tonight.

Steve57
11th April 2013, 03:53 PM
Who won the par 3 comp? Last I seen before I left the house was Bo Van Pelt -4 thru 4 holes.

http://www.pgatour.com/tourreport/2013/04/10/ted-potter-masters-par-3-contest.html

Johnny Canuck
11th April 2013, 04:34 PM
Just a reminder to those in the invitational tipping comp to get your tips in tonight. Cheers for the reminder. What time is cutoff?

sms316
11th April 2013, 04:36 PM
Cheers for the reminder. What time is cutoff? It's on the invite doofus.

Johnny Canuck
11th April 2013, 04:40 PM
Just a reminder to those in the invitational tipping comp to get your tips in tonight. QLD time?

sms316
11th April 2013, 04:43 PM
QLD time? Georgia time.

Ned
11th April 2013, 04:49 PM
You get mine Mudguts ?

How many confirmed starters did you get?

Shadesy
11th April 2013, 05:03 PM
In

#Dufnering

Lobsta
11th April 2013, 05:04 PM
Bo was 6 under and had a birdie putt on the last and let his kid putt so DQed.

Cheating sandbagger...

Eag's
11th April 2013, 05:28 PM
Just a reminder to those in the invitational tipping comp to get your tips in tonight.

Where is my invite?

Tongueboy
11th April 2013, 06:00 PM
On the back of a parking ticket?

sms316
11th April 2013, 06:38 PM
You get mine Mudguts ? How many confirmed starters did you get? Yes. Check your email. I knew I shouldn't have posted about the comp on the forum.

PeteyD
11th April 2013, 07:20 PM
Irrelevant rubbish removed. No more personal attacks please or infractions will be handed out.

Jarro
11th April 2013, 07:22 PM
Keep it civil people.

Healthy debate is fine, but lets not get into any name calling.

Please respect everyones opinion.

Webster
11th April 2013, 07:24 PM
wow, must have been nasty if it needed two mods to settle the peace (well done boys BTW)

Ashes
11th April 2013, 07:27 PM
Really enjoyed watching the par 3 comp today. Awesome for the game that a fun, relaxed, social event like that is televised.

Great to see Fuzzy let a young girl from the gallery have a putt on one hole, even though she anchored.

Also cool to see all the pros kids get a chance to be involved too.

Eag's
11th April 2013, 07:29 PM
Yes. Check your email. I knew I shouldn't have posted about the comp on the forum.

Why the need for a invite only tipping comp??

Hooker
11th April 2013, 07:38 PM
Really enjoyed watching the par 3 comp today. Awesome for the game that a fun, relaxed, social event like that is televised.

Great to see Fuzzy let a young girl from the gallery have a putt on one hole, even though she anchored.

Also cool to see all the pros kids get a chance to be involved too.

So a great par 3 comp , fun , relaxed , great social event , kids get involved.

But what's the big deal with a girl anchoring , why mention it.

Ashes
11th April 2013, 07:41 PM
I found it amusing.

Webster
11th April 2013, 07:41 PM
It will haunt her in the years to come Hooker......oh the shame she will feel looking back on it. Poor thing.

rubin
11th April 2013, 07:44 PM

Why do u feel the need to make it an issue?

Hooker
11th April 2013, 07:45 PM
I found it amusing.
And I find the whole thing calling someone a cheat who plays within the rules amusing.

Ashes
11th April 2013, 07:46 PM
I wish you did, you wouldn't get so upset and carry on.

rubin
11th April 2013, 07:47 PM

Well said mr gothic man sir. :D

PeteyD
11th April 2013, 07:49 PM
Take the anchoring talk to the anchoring thread please. This is about the masters tournament.

timah!
11th April 2013, 07:50 PM

It's a joke dipshit. FFS :roll:

Stumiller701
Ricki Fowler's my tip for the green jacket!

Hooker

Well , emm , excuse me , if you play the game and proud yourself as a stickler to the rules and then being called a cheat .:evil::evil::evil:

Jarro
Give it a rest people.

Take it to the appropriate thread, people here want to talk about the Masters tournament, not the anchoring issue.

Last warning !

Eag's
11th April 2013, 07:52 PM
Go John Senden ;)

Webster
11th April 2013, 07:53 PM
Well said Jarro.

I have a question for the forum - which player using an anchored putter will have the best finish in the Masters ? (I think Webb Simpson, but only 'cos his wife is smoking hot).

Ashes
11th April 2013, 07:57 PM
Ricki Fowler's my tip for the green jacket!

I wouldn't mind seeing that. Still prefer to see Tiger win so everyone can stop banging on about how long it's been since he last won a major..

timah!
11th April 2013, 07:59 PM
Do we need to ask LeftyHoges about the scripting of outfits?

Webster
11th April 2013, 08:03 PM
Not nice Hooker. Besides, anchoring of golf forums is not allowed.

Peter, I'm typing on my laptop, which, funnily enough, appears to be anchored to my lap. Is it ok to post that way on Ozgolf without incurring the wrath of the traditionalists?

Ashes
11th April 2013, 08:05 PM
Do we need to ask LeftyHoges about the scripting of outfits?

I thought that was a pretty cool marketing exercise from Nike. Have they done it before?

QldHacker
11th April 2013, 08:11 PM
Go TIGER. Day and Scott runners up again....

Johnny Canuck
11th April 2013, 08:13 PM
Has jarro taken the forum somewhere? It's dark in here.

Eag's
11th April 2013, 08:14 PM
The Masters is due for a roughie to get up.

PeteyD
11th April 2013, 08:15 PM
Jason Day.

rubin
11th April 2013, 08:16 PM
Poulter?

He wouldn't be a bad pick IMO.

I wouldn't be at all surprised to see a Rory/tiger Sunday pairing to be honest.

Webster
11th April 2013, 08:17 PM
Hooker = banned. Just like his anchored putter in a couple of years time.

And now back to the Masters - I still think it's really shitty that Ch10 are only showing it in SD and not HD. I hate themcheapskates. A lot.

Ashes
11th April 2013, 08:23 PM
Hooker = banned. Just like his anchored putter in a couple of years time.

And now back to the Masters - I still think it's really shitty that Ch10 are only showing it in SD and not HD. I hate themcheapskates. A lot.

Will be interesting to compare it to the Par 3 coverage. I haven't ever noticed a big difference between SD and HD channels to be honest.

Johnny Canuck
11th April 2013, 08:24 PM
Westwood.

sms316
11th April 2013, 08:30 PM
Will be interesting to compare it to the Par 3 coverage. I haven't ever noticed a big difference between SD and HD channels to be honest. If you have Foxtel do a flick between HD and SD. The difference is quite obvious.

timah!
11th April 2013, 08:32 PM
I thought that was a pretty cool marketing exercise from Nike. Have they done it before?

I think nike has really pushed it this year with Tiger and Rory, but Puma, IJP and others do it regularly.

Ashes
11th April 2013, 08:38 PM
If you have Foxtel do a flick between HD and SD. The difference is quite obvious.

Don't have foxtel.. I don't see much diff on FTA unless it's a poor quality source to begin with.

Peter
11th April 2013, 08:40 PM
Peter, I'm typing on my laptop, which, funnily enough, appears to be anchored to my lap. Is it ok to post that way on Ozgolf without incurring the wrath of the traditionalists?Provided you aren't keeping score, it's not official and you can anchor to your hearts content.

Eag's
11th April 2013, 08:43 PM
Westwood.

I would love to see Westwood finally rack up his first Major.

markTHEblake
11th April 2013, 08:44 PM
Hooker = banned.

Hard to believe he got banned yet seems to be acceptable to call someone a dipshit.

Peter
11th April 2013, 08:46 PM
Did you see his final post Blakey?

Even God wouldn't forgive him for that one...

Johnny Canuck
11th April 2013, 08:46 PM
Hard to believe he got banned yet seems to be acceptable to call someone a dipshit. He did directly tell a mod to put the forum in the back of his Volkswagen.

Peter
11th April 2013, 08:48 PM
I would love to see Westwood finally rack up his first Major.For some reason I've never warmed to Westwood.Wouldn't mind seeing Rose or Poulter get a win.

JADO75
11th April 2013, 10:13 PM
My smokey is Scott, cheat stick & all. First round leader will be DJ

Shadesy
11th April 2013, 10:14 PM
He did directly tell a mod to put the forum in the back of his Volkswagen.

A very uncomfortable place.

3Puttpete
11th April 2013, 10:15 PM
From The Masters twitter account:

The official website of the Masters Tournament is now live and ready for 2013: http://www.masters.com

During Masters week, the site will include 7 live video channels, live scoring, 360 degree photos of the course, news and highlights.

Captain Nemo
11th April 2013, 10:21 PM
Just started watching the par 3 contest from this morning, took 10 minutes into the telecast before I saw someone hit a ball (Arnie, poorly)
Hope this isn't a sign of things to come with the telecast tomorrow....:cry:

Ashes
11th April 2013, 10:25 PM
I think Arnie nutted someone on one hole.

Captain Nemo
11th April 2013, 10:28 PM
Yep, put one out to the right....:lol:

Mububban
11th April 2013, 10:37 PM
Fox Sports highlights had a segment on the Par 3 contest how good is the 91 year old former champ still out there swinging a club?

http://www.foxsports.com.au/Golf/fun-times-at-the-masters-/video-e6frf3oc-1226618125700?subcat=1225914714660&site=FoxSports

idgolfguy
11th April 2013, 10:53 PM
Get onto free VPN service and then load Masters.com. The Live video will stream.

Jackson
12th April 2013, 12:15 AM
Get onto free VPN service and then load Masters.com. The Live video will stream.

Any chance you could expand on this for the idiots (like me!)?

idgolfguy
12th April 2013, 01:35 AM
Follow the instructions for your device on the site.
Load masters.com, you should see their stream links.

Shane788
12th April 2013, 05:10 AM
Wow marc leishman is leader of first round so far -6 !!!

Ferrins
12th April 2013, 05:16 AM
Wow mark leishman is leader of first round so far -6 !!! C'mon Aussie. Paul Gow must of had a coffee or two prior to his call.

fredstar
12th April 2013, 05:18 AM
Good old channel 10. Their logo is covering the golfers scores.

And it was a joy having Gow and that guy with the weird head who does motorsport bang on while the coverage had started. (thought I'd be first one to have a bitch!)

Lagerlover
12th April 2013, 05:23 AM

Amazing

muldude
12th April 2013, 05:27 AM
C'mon Aussie. Paul Gow must of had a coffee or two prior to his call.

Yes, he's way too chirper this time of day.
I've been doing this early start on Friday morning masters week forever, I just love the nostalgia opening, where was it ? grrrr

Jarro
12th April 2013, 05:34 AM
Sergio off to a great start

spanner039
12th April 2013, 05:35 AM

First thing I saw, truly amazing

Courty
12th April 2013, 05:42 AM
Rory hits the drive of the day and misses the green for a bogey. :roll:

Lagerlover
12th April 2013, 05:43 AM
That Keegan Bradley has a bit of the Herman Munsters about him.

Peppas
12th April 2013, 05:43 AM

Great stuff channel 10 :)

Dcanto
12th April 2013, 05:45 AM
They seem to have gotten the message. Logo is now a shadow and moved to bottom right corner

Jarro
12th April 2013, 05:46 AM
Rory hits the drive of the day and misses the green for a bogey. :roll:

That was hard to watch :(

Dcanto
12th April 2013, 05:50 AM
Was that the Phrankenwhatever that Phil sprayed off the tee on 7?

Shane788
12th April 2013, 05:57 AM
I believe it was, old Phil isn't having the best of days.

Shane788
12th April 2013, 05:58 AM
Sergio is on fire!

oncewasagolfer
12th April 2013, 06:02 AM
scores people, i am in a hut in the middle of nowhere atm?

Dcanto
12th April 2013, 06:05 AM
http://www.masters.com/mobile/scores/index.html

Shane788
12th April 2013, 06:05 AM
Fowlers doing well -4 with two doubles.

Ferrins
12th April 2013, 06:06 AM
Just curious does anyone else watch the Masters in white overalls?

oncewasagolfer
thanks

timah!
Just curious does anyone else watch the Masters in white overalls?

Hahaha.

Does anyone else own white overalls?

oncewasagolfer
12th April 2013, 06:07 AM
scores people, i am in a hut in the middle of nowhere atm?

Dude, Where's my Par?
12th April 2013, 06:08 AM
Mine were dry cleaned and pressed ready for 4am this morning.
it's my green hat that just tops it off

Dcanto
12th April 2013, 06:09 AM
Courty is probably dressed up like Ian Poulter.

oncewasagolfer
12th April 2013, 06:10 AM
definately need the green cap ferrins.

Dotty
12th April 2013, 06:12 AM
I wear mine to onsite auctions, and walk around with a blue light.

Courty
12th April 2013, 06:13 AM
Courty is probably dressed up like Ian Poulter. Nah, I'm wearing my Puma PJ's today. ;)

Jarro
12th April 2013, 06:14 AM
Nah, I'm wearing my Puma PJ's today. ;)

The same ones Ricky is wearing today ?

fredstar
12th April 2013, 06:19 AM
Haha. Tiger isn't much of a salesman for Nike is he?! Asked why he put new 3 wood in bag he says he kept cracking his old ones. Perfect chance to give the new Covert a plug and say how good it is.

fredstar
12th April 2013, 06:24 AM
How about that kid?!!

Shane788
12th April 2013, 06:27 AM
That was a great segment on the young 14 year old.

Ferrins
12th April 2013, 06:30 AM
Hahaha. Does anyone else own white overalls? Went for the bib and brace this year seeing Bubba is the defending champion.

sms316
12th April 2013, 06:37 AM
By all accounts we should be thankfull that we have Ten covering this. The poor souls in the UK have Colin Montgomerie calling it instead of the CBS crew.

PeteyD
12th April 2013, 06:40 AM
I have no issue with the coverage I have seen so far. Thankfully not early enough for the logo doofusification.

sms316
12th April 2013, 06:42 AM
I have no issue with the coverage I have seen so far. Thankfully not early enough for the logo doofusification. While they are letting CBS do the coverage and not cutting in with Gow and the other mumper they are doing fine.

sms316
12th April 2013, 06:44 AM
scores people, i am in a hut in the middle of nowhere atm? I am confuse. Do you want scores or not want any mention of them?

BayBum
12th April 2013, 06:56 AM
#PhrankenPhail hit PW on 12 while the youngin hit 7i ! Thats pretty damn impressive to be playing at that level with such a length disadvantage,for lack of a better term. It would make for some interesting viewing if he was paired with DJ & Cabrera.

Ferrins
12th April 2013, 07:14 AM
By all accounts we should be thankfull that we have Ten covering this. The poor souls in the UK have Colin Montgomerie calling it instead of the CBS crew. Do they befuddle in England? Actually you got befuddled three years ago on the closing hole of the Champs.

mrbluu
12th April 2013, 07:37 AM
Brett Ogle said that the kid T Guan wouldn't break 80......he shot 73!!! Hate much Brett???

muldude
12th April 2013, 07:41 AM
I think everyone else thought the same, self included. awesome effort

sms316
12th April 2013, 07:42 AM
I would be very concerned if I was a past champion and a Chinese guy wins. The menu at the dinner could be frightening.

Dotty
12th April 2013, 07:51 AM
I would be very concerned if I was a past champion and a Chinese guy wins. The menu at the dinner could be frightening.
I hope Vijay wins, and he can cook up the rest of the deer.

Ferrins
12th April 2013, 07:54 AM
They could bring it in on the bonnet of his courtesy car. Not deer hunting season though as it finishes end of January.

Hatchman
12th April 2013, 08:19 AM
Ogle made a 50/50 call and and got it wrong, big deal. I wouldn't say it was based on hate, just playing the safe side of the odds.
If we ran a pole on here predicting if the kid would break 80 I don't think too many would have voted yes seriously.

oncewasagolfer
12th April 2013, 08:23 AM
I am confuse. Do you want scores or not want any mention of them? Yes i was after a score update.

oncewasagolfer
12th April 2013, 08:25 AM
that is a good effort by the young bloke hope he makes the cut and wins leading am.

sms316
12th April 2013, 08:26 AM
Yes i was after a score update.
So you can access this website, but not pgatour.com or masters.org or golfchannel.com ?

oncewasagolfer
12th April 2013, 08:29 AM
I was just after a quick update as people were saying how good sergio was going etc. Plus I have bugger all data on my $7.99/month mobile plan:)

sms316
12th April 2013, 08:37 AM
Fred Couples is 53. Tianlang Guan is 14. Nothing softens the generational gap like a couple of belly putters.

:wink:

timah!
12th April 2013, 08:38 AM
Rory - WTF?? Birdie, bogey, birdie, bogey, birdie, bogey....

PeteyD
12th April 2013, 08:42 AM
Putting like popper.

Eag's
12th April 2013, 08:46 AM
Great to see an Aussie at the top of a leaderboard for a change 8-)

mrbluu
12th April 2013, 08:47 AM
Ogle made a 50/50 call and and got it wrong, big deal. I wouldn't say it was based on hate, just playing the safe side of the odds.
If we ran a pole on here predicting if the kid would break 80 I don't think too many would have voted yes seriously.

No Brett was on the radio being completely dismissive of the the kid's chances to break 80, that's not making a 50/50....that's hating!!!

rubin
12th April 2013, 08:51 AM
Just watching the last few holes of Rory.

Not liking the kids swing at the moment. He's got some sort of 'pop' in the down swing which looks like what tiger used to do with his left knee to get his hips to clear faster. Definitely not as smooth as what it has looked previously.

Hatchman
12th April 2013, 08:58 AM
No Brett was on the radio being completely dismissive of the the kid's chances to break 80, that's not making a 50/50....that's hating!!!

Still a 50/50 call on safe side dismissive or not. Doesn't make it hate.
Hate would be saying he doesn't even deserve to be in the field because uses a cheat stick.

sms316
12th April 2013, 09:00 AM
Hate would be saying he doesn't even deserve to be in the field because uses a cheat stick.
That's not hate. Hate is saying that he should be shot for using a cheat stick.

matty
12th April 2013, 09:03 AM
Can't say I expected the 14yo to do any good. Just incredible with his lack of length. What a swing though.

Nuffie
12th April 2013, 09:17 AM
The guys I've put tenners on are sitting well: Kuchar, Scott, Phil and Bradley. Fingers x'd for the weekend.

mrbluu
12th April 2013, 09:22 AM

That's not hate. Hate is saying that he should be shot for using a cheat stick.

Disagree, he didn't make a 50/50, he was saying the kid had no hope of breaking 80, that's hating.

In any case, Brett can't hate him for that cos he uses a longer cheat stick!!

fredstar
12th April 2013, 09:27 AM
Who cares what Brett Ogle says at all?

PeteyD
12th April 2013, 09:37 AM
His mum.

I have money on Day, Scott and Blubba. Blubba let me down today.

Jarro
12th April 2013, 09:41 AM

Good point ;)

muldude
12th April 2013, 09:59 AM

i do and know him well, great bloke who does alot of work for charity

sms316
12th April 2013, 10:05 AM
His mum. I doubt it. He's adopted.

Ashes
12th April 2013, 10:08 AM
Do the top players like Woods and Mickelson aim to build over the 4 rounds, rather than coming out firing in the first round? Would Woods want to shoot a 66 straight up if he could, or is he happier sitting back a few under early?

Hatchman
12th April 2013, 10:19 AM
Disagree, he didn't make a 50/50, he was saying the kid had no hope of breaking 80, that's hating.

In any case, Brett can't hate him for that cos he uses a longer cheat stick!!

I think your letting your dislike of Ogle cloud your judgement of the word hate.

matty
12th April 2013, 10:29 AM
Do the top players like Woods and Mickelson aim to build over the 4 rounds, rather than coming out firing in the first round? Would Woods want to shoot a 66 straight up if he could, or is he happier sitting back a few under early? He'd would've taken a 66 if you offered it to him before the start of the round. He just didn't shoot it today. End of story. In saying that, Phil said he was surprised at how soft the greens were and that he could've attacked them more but was too wary as usually it's a lot harder to hold them.

chinaski
12th April 2013, 10:39 AM
Clearly I am working hard today.

idgolfguy
12th April 2013, 10:56 AM
Looked like my desk. Good excuse to start at 5am today.

mrbluu
12th April 2013, 10:59 AM
I think your letting your dislike of Ogle cloud your judgement of the word hate.

No, I actually liked watching him on Foxtel and most weeks listening to him on the radio. I even met him at drummond store and he seem like a nice enough guy. Also I think you think I'm using the word hate in the tradition literal sense. I thoughts his comments are of a hater! (see definition 1 of the link below)

http://www.urbandictionary.com/define.php?term=hater

chinaski
12th April 2013, 11:03 AM
These Taylormade 'uniforms' are ridiculous.

Waddzy
12th April 2013, 11:14 AM
Clearly I am working hard today.

May I ask how you are watching that via Ipad?

chinaski
12th April 2013, 11:20 AM
May I ask how you are watching that via Ipad? With the Foxtel Go app

sms316
12th April 2013, 11:21 AM
May I ask how you are watching that via Ipad?
It looks like Foxtel via iPad.

Mububban
12th April 2013, 12:32 PM
Who would have thought a 14 year old amateur who weighs maybe 50 kilos soaking wet would shoot +1 on a course like Augusta. Superb effort. And it was great to see the crowd giving the 14 year old kid a brilliant response when he sunk the birdie putt on 18.

Let’s hope the Aussies improve from here.

Fred Couples just looks like such a cool cat out there doesn't he? Such a great swing to watch.

Phil’s body language was pure annoyance. Rory’s was pure frustration. Still, they’re -1 and even so definitely could be worse on a course like that.

I did see Phil smash his Phrankenwood off the tee on one hole though, he wasn’t kidding about the amount of rollout he gets! Nice sound too.

I can’t believe the greens, TV just doesn’t show the crazy undulations. And they look scary fast.

Early to bed again tonight, watching 2 hours this morning wasn’t enough! Most of the big names had finished by the time I got up.

Hatchman
12th April 2013, 12:41 PM
Setting the PVR and getting an extra 60/90min sleep is the way to go. By the time you fast forward the adds your caught up live near the end of the telecast.

mrbluu
12th April 2013, 12:52 PM

No, I actually liked watching him on Foxtel and most weeks listening to him on the radio. I even met him at drummond store and he seem like a nice enough guy. Also I think you think I'm using the word hate in the tradition literal sense. I thoughts his comments are of a hater!

(see definition 1 of the link below)
http://www.urbandictionary.com/define.php?term=hater

Lagerlover
12th April 2013, 08:23 PM
I saw Brett Ogle at RQ around ten years ago, must have been his and Norman's last game there.

After his round Brett spent at least an hour signing autographs and photos. The amount of time he spent talking to kids and answering their questions was impressive, and something all involved wouldn't have forgotten.

I like the man.

aussieashley
12th April 2013, 08:29 PM
I noticed the big guns from Adidas all wearing the same shirts this morning. Black with the green on top. Any thoughts from the fashion experts on here?

I think Phil and some of the other guys seemed to have the same coloured Callaway bag.

Is this co-ordination a new thing? I haven't noticed it in previous years.

rubin
12th April 2013, 08:41 PM
I noticed the big guns from Adidas all wearing the same shirts this morning. Black with the green on top. Any thoughts from the fashion experts on here?

I think Phil and some of the other guys seemed to have the same coloured Callaway bag.

Is this co-ordination a new thing? I haven't noticed it in previous years.

The clothing is what the better tm boys are wearing and rumour is they'll be in 'uniform' all weekend.

The bag is similar to what tm have done a few times now and gone with a ltd edition 'season opener' bag as most view the masters as the true start to the golfing season in the us.

BenM
12th April 2013, 08:52 PM
The uniforms are as below... shirts, anyway:

http://www.3balls.com/broadcast_mail/2013/0411-proguide/as_pro_guide.png

It makes it difficult to tell who is who from a distance!

LeftyHoges
13th April 2013, 12:54 AM
Seems TMAG have heard of the success of the Easties and the Confederates of winning in uniform... ;-)

LeftyHoges
13th April 2013, 12:57 AM
Not all out on the course obviously but more than a handful are out there and some big scores being posted already, with only two people under the card for the day.

Could be tough out there?

Jackson
13th April 2013, 12:58 AM
Not all out on the course obviously but more than a handful are out there and some big scores being posted already, with only two people under the card for the day.

Could be tough out there?

Looks pretty damn wet!

Ashes
13th April 2013, 03:04 AM
Guan's WITB has been posted on GolfWRX

"Driver:*TaylorMade R1
Shaft: UST Mamiya ATTAS 4U

3 Wood:*Callaway XHot
Loft: 13 degrees
Shaft: Fujikura Motore Speeder VC 6.2 X

4 Wood:*Callaway XHot
Loft: 17 degrees
Shaft: Mitsubishi Diamana B70 X

Hybrid:*Callaway XHot Pro
Loft: 20 Degrees
Shaft: Graphite Design YS7 x*

Hybrid:*Callaway XHot Pro
Loft: 23 Degrees
Shaft: Graphite Design YS7 x

Irons:*Nike VR-Pro Combo Split Cavity (5-6) Nike VR Pro (7-9)
Shafts: True Temper Project X PXi 6.0

Wedges: Scratch (48, 54, and 60 degrees in Raw Finish)
Shafts: True Temper Project X PXi 6.0
48 Degrees Loft with SPN Grind
54 Degrees Loft with SPN Grind
60 Degrees Loft with LBE Grind

Putter:*Odyssey White Hot Pro #7 (Belly)

Ball:*Callaway HEX Black"

http://www.golfwrx.com/86319/tianlang-guan-witb/

Golfnut
13th April 2013, 03:08 AM
Get some sleep Ashes.

Ferrins
13th April 2013, 04:56 AM
I noticed the big guns from Adidas all wearing the same shirts this morning. Black with the green on top. Any thoughts from the fashion experts on here?I think Phil and some of the other guys seemed to have the same coloured Callaway bag.Is this co-ordination a new thing? I haven't noticed it in previous years. I thought it looked a bit like all the contract tennis players at the Australian Open. Not a fan.

Goldy
13th April 2013, 05:07 AM
All those in favour of killing Paul Gow.......