PDA

View Full Version : Tourstage Ball

freddy a
21st November 2005, 11:19 PM
I don't know if anyone has done a review on this ball. It's the Tourstage
X-01h ball. I'm not sure if this ball is even available retail as I got this from a top Japanese amateur at Brookwater.
All I can say is this ball is looooooooooonnnngggggggg! It gives a tremedous solid feel off the driver and solid but soft off the irons and putter. The only ball I can really compare this too feel and performance wise is the new Titleist Pro-V1X.
It gives a solid penetrating ball flight I hit some shots with a pretty strong cross wind I found that it didn't really affect the balls flight.
Spin wise it's not as responsive on the greens as the standard Pro V1 but it gives enough bite on full wedges and knockdown spinners it's more of a drop check and stop.
Overall I've always been a big fan of Tourstage equipment too bad they never really took off in Australia as thier Drivers and Irons are some of the best out there and this ball is no different.

http://i2.photobucket.com/albums/y19/tandtplace/DSC00437.jpg
http://i2.photobucket.com/albums/y19/tandtplace/DSC00439.jpg

AndyP
22nd November 2005, 12:35 AM
Isn't Bridgestone and Tourstage the same thing?

Matt 3 Jab
22nd November 2005, 07:58 AM
i think tourstage is the japan chain and bridgestone is the wider world chain but with ebay etc their clubs can go everywhere. i hear that tourstage is a very good brand in japan and top players use their stuff.

3oneday
22nd November 2005, 08:18 AM
Geez, it's copped a pizzling, how many rounds old is the one pictured ??? :shock: :shock:

Pete

ben
22nd November 2005, 08:56 AM
Tourstage went broke in Australia. They did try and launch it big time here but if failed pretty badly.

Matt 3 Jab
22nd November 2005, 09:48 AM
Tourstage went broke in Australia.  They did try and launch it big time here but if failed pretty badly.
any idea if their equipment is any good ben? i might be getting my hands on some NB-32 irons, i hear they are good but cant find any info on the net about them at all, i thoight they made good stuff but never hit them...

freddy a
22nd November 2005, 12:42 PM
thier irons are brilliant Matt. The brand never really took off here but they are very popular in Japan and USA thier driver the X-Drive is a very good performance driver.
Ive hit some tourstage gear and I can fault them one bit especially thier irons.
Webpage: http://www.tourstage.com/asia/index2.html
This ball is 2 rounds old and it has copped a battering

CM
22nd November 2005, 06:40 PM
Ben,
Tourstage actually never went broke, there was an issue with TourStage logo looking very similar to another and so was pulled from Australia and the USA.
It was a very half hearted launch in both market places because Japan beleived the product was so good {big in Japan}that it could not fail, therefore BS did not put any effort $$ into marketing the name TourStage.
It is all quality and maybe it will be back one day to sit alongside its new closely related brother Bridgestone Golf.
:wink:
Chris

Jarro
22nd November 2005, 08:43 PM
Geez, it's copped a pizzling, how many rounds old is the one pictured ??? :shock:  :shock:

Pete

looks like it's gone 10 rounds with the lawnmower :shock:

Why is it that all the good balls wear rather poorly :roll:

gazgolf1
22nd November 2005, 08:50 PM
If you are interested in trying Japanese Tourstage balls go to Golf World at Bundall on the Goldie.They have lots of second hand Japanese balls that have been bought over here by Jap tourists and drowned in the lakes of Palm Meadows,Royal Pines,Hope Island etc.

BrisVegas
23rd November 2005, 08:57 AM
Geez, it's copped a pizzling, how many rounds old is the one pictured ??? :shock:  :shock:

Pete

looks like it's gone 10 rounds with the lawnmower  :shock:

Why is it that all the good balls wear rather poorly  :roll:

I couldn't agree more Jarro! :x :x :x I regularly walk the dog around brooky and typically find two kinds of balls...

MINT Top Flite XLs

ROOTED Titleist ProV1s

McMw
25th November 2005, 06:58 PM
don't have that particular ball - but I do have 2 dozen TourStage balls in the house somewhere.... courtesy of bridgestone... :D