PDA

View Full Version : Phil's driver free bag.

mrbluu
30th March 2013, 12:56 PM
So phil dropped the driver from his bag in favour of a strong lofted 3 wood. Is this good positive for the Callaway FW or a negative against the driver?? I think it's just another attempt of trying to find some flash in the pan magic like he did with the 2 drivers at master a few years ago.

Have any of you Ho's out there tried the same and dropped the driver from you bags?? I've done it once a few years ago and just used my 3 wood off the tees. I hit more fairways and shot my handicap but it just didn't feel right.

http://www.golfwrx.com/82265/mickelson-drops-the-driver-squeaks-inside-the-cut-line/

Johnny Canuck
30th March 2013, 12:59 PM
So phil dropped the driver from his bag in favour of a strong lofted 3 wood. Is this good positive for the Callaway FW or a negative against the driver?? I think it's just another attempt of trying to find some flash in the pan magic like he did with the 2 drivers at master a few years ago.

Have any of you Ho's out there tried the same and dropped the driver from you bags?? I've done it once a few years ago and just used my 3 wood off the tees. I hit more fairways and shot my handicap but it just didn't feel right.

http://www.golfwrx.com/82265/mickelson-drops-the-driver-squeaks-inside-the-cut-line/

I have dropped the driver the past two years for the Kennedy Bay Classic and finished runner up both times, winning the net one of the two years.

Keeping the ball in play has its advantages.

Toolish
30th March 2013, 01:01 PM
Phil has done it before and struggled...at a US Open I think it was.

Shane788
30th March 2013, 02:27 PM
IMO a professional golfer should never really have to drop a club I mean there professional for a reason.. I can't see it being a long term thing.

rubin
30th March 2013, 02:48 PM
IMO a professional golfer should never really have to drop a club I mean there professional for a reason.. I can't see it being a long term thing.

Like u said, they are professional for a reason. They when to hit each club, how to it, where to hit it to etc. if the driver Is pointless, they won't play it.

Keep in mind as well that a 'miss' for them is not getting it to within 5m or so to their target. So if the driver is going 6 metres off line, they won't play it.

TheNuclearOne
30th March 2013, 03:40 PM
Behold the mighty 3deep!!

As if Philly Mick is going to drop driver permanently out of the bag LOL. It's for a round or two at one certain course under a certain set of circumstances. The driver will be in the bag at Augusta.

KristianJ
30th March 2013, 03:47 PM
I guess it's interesting given that a couple of months ago the Razr Fit Xtreme was being heavily marketed on the back of Phil's comments about how awesome and game changing it had been for him.

sms316
30th March 2013, 04:39 PM
Seriously? Another thread that is just a link from WRX? What's next - linking threads from ISG?

Dotty
30th March 2013, 04:42 PM
Pure marketing by Callaway.

Same co-incidence that the two driver bag made an apperance at the Bell South, two weeks before the Masters in 2006. Ensured to get the commentators bringing it up repeatedly, during the Masters coverage. (At the time, Callaway, was the only OEM with fade, straight and draw models of same driver.)

TheNuclearOne
30th March 2013, 11:05 PM
Murmurs making the rounds Mickelson is trialing a longer shafted driver for the Masters and may go with a long driver/3Deep setup off the tee. 3deep for controled tee balls and longer driver for big bombs when needed.

KristianJ
2nd April 2013, 07:17 PM
Seriously? Another thread that is just a link from WRX? What's next - linking threads from ISG?

http://www.ozgolf.net/showthread.php/33979-Who-s-been-holding-out-on-the-Brosnan-stuff

Right you are.

sms316
2nd April 2013, 08:46 PM
http://www.ozgolf.net/showthread.php/33979-Who-s-been-holding-out-on-the-Brosnan-stuff

Right you are.

Of course. This was sorted this morning

It'll be someones baby. I hope SMS is right and it disappears fast.

Sms is always right

You can't argue with logic.

Hatchman
4th April 2013, 01:39 PM
Publicity stunt by Phat Phils media machine.