PDA

View Full Version : golflink mates worth it?

Waddzy
26th March 2013, 07:12 AM
I currently have the trial for free on golflink.. I searched for some threads but could only find ones back in 09 , is golf link mates worth it? do you guys use it and is that what the links to your golflinks are at the bottom of your sig's from?

I found it useful as my club doesnt seem to put results up until around Wednesday for Saturdays comp etc so its good to jump on and see where you placed but $29.95 for a year.. any other benefits im not seeing?

Daves
26th March 2013, 07:55 AM
Not really.

They have a Stats module, but most that keep stats already have a program they use for it. And most are superior to the Mates offering from what I have seen.

virge666
26th March 2013, 09:09 AM
No

IanO
26th March 2013, 10:31 AM
I agree. I have had Mates for a couple of years now and will not be renewing it when it comes up again.

Waddzy
26th March 2013, 11:34 AM
Fair call , thanks for the insight and saving me $30 haha it seems the only thing I like about it is how all my graphs it shows up seem to be heading south.. i.e handicap and where I placed in the comp. Ill let the trial run out.

wazandnic
26th March 2013, 11:47 AM
Depends on if you have any other mates on it. I personally have my old man plus about 5 or 6 mates and a couple of relatives that are all mates members. We all play at different courses around Australia so it is great to just quickly jump on and see how everyone is playing.

Plus as you say great to see how you've gone in the comp and in particular at any course you play... if playing an away course you may not have access to their results section, mates will allow you however to check your rank in that comp.

You also get the App for your mobile which is pretty basic but gives you a quick snap shot.

So yeah it works for me. Really I think it should be free and $30 maybe a little expensive for the pleasure... but really it equates to just under 60c / week... or a couple of lattes!! ;)