PDA

View Full Version : Sandbagging vs cheating.......

Pages : [1] 2

TheNuclearOne
24th March 2013, 02:02 AM
At the end of the day is purposely finessing ones handicap any better than the odd cheat/purposeful rules indiscretion? It can barely be proven but nor can the bumping the ball 12 inches from out behind the tree when nobody can see.

matty
24th March 2013, 02:15 AM
No difference in my book. Would take a strange individual to win something after sandbagging and really feel any sense of achievement. The little voice always knows.

TheNuclearOne
24th March 2013, 02:18 AM
That's the trouble, these types don't have that little voice. But yes, good input Matty - cheers.

Shortylook
24th March 2013, 02:24 AM
What is sandbagging just out of curiosity

simmsy
24th March 2013, 02:26 AM
Shadesy can give a pretty good run down for us. ;)

simmsy
24th March 2013, 02:29 AM
But seeing as he will be in bed, it's a prick of a person that will make sure he doesn't score with a few holes to go to make sure he doesn't break his cap.

The better ones at it will push their cap out for 6 months or so prior o a big comp to give them the best chance of winning.

If you're not trying to play to your cap every time you play comp you're a sandbagger.

TheNuclearOne
24th March 2013, 02:42 AM
Worthy post Simmsy.

Shortylook
24th March 2013, 04:44 AM
Yes I understand, there is a guy at our club that is off 15, but he said a few weeks ago, that he needed to play to go out. I didn't quite get what he meant, but I do now. I'm not sure i understand his logic, but I guess winning 3 golf balls at our club would be worth blowing out you h/c. I'm killing myself to drop and he wants to play bad to go up, Tosser

PerryGroves
24th March 2013, 06:57 AM
TNO, punter I know has been trying to get his handicap down so he can play B Grade Pennant/s. I said to him he would be the opposite of the 10/11 markers working their way out to 13 in preparation. Apparently they had changed the qualification and you had to have a B grade handicap average for the last 2 years. Good initiative.

Lagerlover
24th March 2013, 08:01 AM
What is sandbagging just out of curiosity I thought it's what Arabs call tea bagging.

Ferrins
24th March 2013, 08:07 AM
"The path of the righteous man is beset on all sides by the inequities of the selfish, and the tyranny of evil men. Blessed is he who in the name of charity and good will, shepherds the weak through the valley of darkness, for he is truly his brother's keeper, and the finder of lost children. And I will strike down upon thee with great vengeance and furious anger, those who attempt to poison and destroy my brothers. And you will know my name is the Lord, when I lay my vengeance upon thee."

Lagerlover
24th March 2013, 08:11 AM
That's what I meant

Dotty
24th March 2013, 08:14 AM
I prefer 'Blessed are the cheesemakers'.

Ferrins
24th March 2013, 08:16 AM
I was Googling that first but couldn't copy it.

Hux
24th March 2013, 08:18 AM
"The path of the righteous man is beset on all sides by the inequities of the selfish, and the tyranny of evil men. Blessed is he who in the name of charity and good will, shepherds the weak through the valley of darkness, for he is truly his brother's keeper, and the finder of lost children. And I will strike down upon thee with great vengeance and furious anger, those who attempt to poison and destroy my brothers. And you will know my name is the Lord, when I lay my vengeance upon thee."Not once did anyone mention your name in what is a sandbagger........Ferrins vs NK who would win :-)

Ferrins
24th March 2013, 08:18 AM
Anyway off to practice my short game for a couple of hours, never know what comp you'll need it.;)

AndyP
24th March 2013, 08:42 AM
I was speaking to a low marker at my club on Friday, who said that he had played knowing exactly what score he needed, to go out from 2 to 3 and made sure he played to it. He had lots of unflagged rounds coming up on his handicap and thought playing off two was too hard.

live4golf
24th March 2013, 09:04 AM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zSTEqHxh3fI

markTHEblake
24th March 2013, 09:34 AM
I didn't realise Ferrrins was Irish.

TheNuclearOne
24th March 2013, 10:10 AM
TNO, punter I know has been trying to get his handicap down so he can play B Grade Pennant/s. I said to him he would be the opposite of the 10/11 markers working their way out to 13 in preparation. Apparently they had changed the qualification and you had to have a B grade handicap average for the last 2 years. Good initiative.

Excellent move for sure. As is the handicap anchor maybe to a small extent?

mike
24th March 2013, 10:16 AM
Mods, how many infraction points do I currently have?

Shadesy
24th March 2013, 10:16 AM
I thought it's what Arabs call tea bagging.

Simmsy can give a rundown on this.

Shadesy
24th March 2013, 10:18 AM
DP

Not the good kind

mike
24th March 2013, 10:31 AM
Sandbagging = cheating. Impossible to prove ... unless said sandbagger admits to it.

Daves
24th March 2013, 10:47 AM
I thought it's what Arabs call tea bagging.

Urban Dict. says it is the female version of teabagging..

Daves
24th March 2013, 10:50 AM
Sandbagging = convenient excuse for underachieving competitors.

3Puttpete
24th March 2013, 10:57 AM
I wish I was good enough to manipulate my handicap at will

Hux
24th March 2013, 11:00 AM
Sandbagging = convenient excuse for underachieving competitors.Dave is Redlands the low end of Morton Bay - I though you lived at Raby Bay which enters into Moreton Bay?

Ferrins
24th March 2013, 11:16 AM
Sandbagging = convenient excuse for underachieving competitors. Blame your handicap on poor form and never go under 1 over par nett if your in double figures.

Daves
24th March 2013, 11:27 AM
Dave is Redlands the low end of Morton Bay - I though you lived at Raby Bay which enters into Moreton Bay?

Shhh, secret fishing spot........., no green zones ( no e, get it.....);)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kdFRKhTFLL4

mike
24th March 2013, 12:54 PM
Sandbagging = convenient excuse for underachieving competitors.Pfft

mike
24th March 2013, 12:55 PM
I know of someone in the far north that has won 5 B grade club champs, along with multiple regional B grade titles. By multiple I'm talking 10-15. Statistically impossible unless you're a sandbagging cheat.

virge666
24th March 2013, 12:58 PM
I struggle with this as I am a low marker and there is absolutely no advantage to having a low handicap other than bragging rights.

The problem is Standard Deviation.

I have had 40 plus points 3 times in the last 12 months. The highest being 41 points for 4 under. A guy playing off 15 will have 40 plus points many more times than that. I usually don't give a shit until we play proper games for decent money where I have absolutely no chance of winning against anyone higher than about 8.

And the world seems to be full of 10-12 markers now that use to be off 5 or 6 under the old handicap system.

many a time I sit and think that if I played off 10 - I would be a pretty useful corporate golfer. if I turn up today and say I am off 1, most execs reckon you play like a pro. So, if I have a shit day and shoot 78, then you're not much use. If I shoot 73, then it was expected that I would play that well. But if I play off ten, I am one of the boys - and I can come in with a gentle 42-45 points.

The problem with the handicap system is that there is no disadvantage in being a higher marker - they just keep giving you more shots to compensate for how shit you are. And unless you are off plus 2 and practice a bit - there is no chance of winning scratch. (I came second that day with 3 under)

Sandbagging looks good about now.

Peter
24th March 2013, 01:26 PM
Except it's cheating, and the people who do it are scum and should be ridiculed until they give up the game (much like people who use cheat sticks).

Who cares about prizes in weekend club golf anyway?

Daves
24th March 2013, 02:24 PM
Pfft

Yep, that is their usual reaction. They will also wildly defend their position, even though their own hcp history looks more sus than the individual they are bitching about. Some become quite obsessed by it, which is partly why they are major under achievers. Can't accept their own failings.

LeftyHoges
24th March 2013, 02:46 PM
I don't think I'd be any good at sandbagging anyway. I'm fairly certain I'd get out to 8 or 10 and still shoot 80 in the event anyway! :lol:

mike
24th March 2013, 02:56 PM
Yep, that is their usual reaction. They will also wildly defend their position, even though their own hcp history looks more sus than the individual they are bitching about. Some become quite obsessed by it, which is partly why they are major under achievers. Can't accept their own failings. fmd what a ridiculous post.

Ferrins
24th March 2013, 03:02 PM
Seeing some narcissist traits in some of you guys, might be time to settle down on calling people cheats.

Peter
24th March 2013, 03:41 PM
What else do you call them?

Ferrins
24th March 2013, 03:42 PM
Victims of the system.

Peter
24th March 2013, 03:46 PM
It's weak, sympathiser attitudes like yours that encourages these cheats.

rowey
24th March 2013, 09:10 PM
I know of someone in the far north that has won 5 B grade club champs, along with multiple regional B grade titles. By multiple I'm talking 10-15. Statistically impossible unless you're a sandbagging cheat.

Hey Mike just for shits & giggles, have a look at his H/Cap now & then again when your open is on........

I bet his grade will change & his H/Cap will be a bit higher

Monsta
24th March 2013, 09:31 PM
Sandbagging = cheating. Impossible to prove ... unless said sandbagger admits to it.

I will admit that I was guilty of sandbagging to get my handicap to 13 to make the B Grade scratch pennants team. Will never do it again, the Golf karma gods made sure that I regretted it. i would never do it to win a comp like champs or anything, but I am guilty of doing it, please forgive me.......

sms316
24th March 2013, 09:33 PM
I will admit that I was guilty of sandbagging to get my handicap to 13 to make the B Grade scratch pennants team. Will never do it again, the Golf karma gods made sure that I regretted it. i would never do it to win a comp like champs or anything, but I am guilty of doing it, please forgive me....... And this is another reason why pennant outside of A Grade, Junior and Senior is a wank.

Monsta
24th March 2013, 09:36 PM
And this is another reason why pennant outside of A Grade, Junior and Senior is a wank.

Once again a low capper thinking they are the only ones that should play, maybe we should ban everyone that isnt off single figure eh SMS, that way you can have the game all to yourself.
Or is single figures too broad??? Above 5 maybe???

mike
24th March 2013, 09:37 PM
Rowey I said to stay away lol

sms316
24th March 2013, 09:38 PM
Once again a low capper thinking they are the only ones that should play, maybe we should ban everyone that isnt off single figure eh SMS, that way you can have the game all to yourself.Or is single figures too broad??? Above 5 maybe??? You can't manipulate age.

mike
24th March 2013, 09:39 PM
I will admit that I was guilty of sandbagging to get my handicap to 13 to make the B Grade scratch pennants team. Will never do it again, the Golf karma gods made sure that I regretted it. i would never do it to win a comp like champs or anything, but I am guilty of doing it, please forgive me....... You've confessed your sins and have shown remorse. All good.

Monsta
24th March 2013, 09:41 PM
You can't manipulate age.

Exactly, respect your elders you young whippersnapper.......

sms316
24th March 2013, 09:41 PM
Hey Mike just for shits & giggles, have a look at his H/Cap now & then again when your open is on........I bet his grade will change & his H/Cap will be a bit higher Who are you talking about Rowey?

Hux
24th March 2013, 09:47 PM
And this is another reason why pennant outside of A Grade, Junior and Senior is a wank.

Once again a low capper thinking they are the only ones that should play, maybe we should ban everyone that isnt off single figure eh SMS, that way you can have the game all to yourself.
Or is single figures too broad??? Above 5 maybe??? We all know SMS is an A grade tosser - No1 in the tosser pennant team :-) Reality is he was pointing out the reality - in A grade particularly in low A grade there is no where to hide and its not as though there are many former +5 players running around off 5, but statistically there would be a reasonable number of players who move out from 7 or 8 to 13 or 14 so B grade pennants has probably as many former A graders as only ever B graders. Reality is I saw Nudgee go from 8 out to 12 before he got his ass back into gear and dropped back down to 5. Not sure if he was sandbagging off 12 but he won the Ozgolf Champs in that period. Same for the Ferret!!

Monsta
24th March 2013, 09:50 PM
Dont worry SMS, hopefully I will be off single figure in time for the ACT Christmas Classic and I may be able to talk to you, if not I will just bow (I am not worthy)

oncewasagolfer
25th March 2013, 07:27 AM
Haha

Waddzy
25th March 2013, 07:33 AM
Im glad im dropping my handicap now and not playing off something huge around champs... I may be chased with stakes! Im the biggest burgular of my club apparently.. but the thing was I just couldnt hit a driver in play until 3 weeks ago... Haha

Ferrins
25th March 2013, 07:43 AM
I didn't win the champ everyone else lost it. I will get my handicap down but it will have to be through a different process to last time.

Ashes
25th March 2013, 11:01 AM

Just get rid of handicaps altogether.

Whilst I like to joke about nett wins, any results in nett comps are Mickey Mouse stuff for a bit if a laugh.

After my first year of comp golf I'm really only interested in how I'm going off the stick compared to the field now.

virge666
25th March 2013, 11:14 AM
Or just play 3/4 handicap.

Like they do in the UK.

Then 36 points means as much to me as it does to a 18 marker.

LarryLong
25th March 2013, 11:17 AM
Just keep the prizes small and trivial. Then you can sort out the pathetic losers from the greedy opportunists.

Ashes
25th March 2013, 11:34 AM

Like they do in the UK.

Wouldn't that just mean the sandbaggers need to sandbag more?

Captain Nemo
25th March 2013, 11:40 AM

I heard a story at the Champs re someone from up that way too, wonder if its the same guy?
Anyway the are both as bad as each other IMO, but they are the ones that have to carry their own cross....

virge666
25th March 2013, 12:05 PM
Just keep the prizes small and trivial. Then you can sort out the pathetic losers from the greedy opportunists.

Your missing the point... No one gives a shit about a $30 comp on a Saturday.

What has happened is that a low marker cannot play against a higher marker, or more importantly, a group of high markers. Because one of them will come in with 40-42 points.

So lets say a group of OzGolfers go out and play a game against each other for drinks, or green fees. It is almost impossible for us to play against each other as we are not on a level playing field.

It is even harder in match play . . .

So sandbagging is really to only option for a low marker who plays corporate events or Charities or whatever to get something out of the day.

mike
Or just play 3/4 handicap.Like they do in the UK.Then 36 points means as much to me as it does to a 18 marker.excellent idea.

virge666
Wouldn't that just mean the sandbaggers need to sandbag more?

yep - makes it way harder.

Iain
25th March 2013, 12:08 PM
excellent idea.

+1

popper81
25th March 2013, 12:37 PM
Somebody suggested the 3/4 handicap for this years QLD champs. That or everyone plays off their anchor. Both ideas have merit.

Virge is correct in saying in is impossible to win handicap matchplay. My record against everyone over the last two is proof enough (Although a lack poor attitude towards handicap matchplay hasn't helped) Most mid/high handicappers just have one or two bad holes a round, and that kills me.

LeftyHoges
25th March 2013, 12:56 PM
Virge is correct in saying in is impossible to win handicap matchplay. My record against everyone over the last two is proof enough (Although a lack poor attitude towards handicap matchplay hasn't helped) Most mid/high handicappers just have one or two bad holes a round, and that kills me.

Just need to be better Popper. ;-)

Look whats in my sig!

On my way to that I took out 2 3 markers, a 22 marker and a 13 marker.

Shadesy
25th March 2013, 01:12 PM

Like they do in the UK.

errrrr No they don't.

So lets say a group of OzGolfers go out and play a game against each other for drinks, or green fees. It is almost impossible for us to play against each other as we are not on a level playing field.

JC as the lowest marker has probable won the most OG events including matchplay.

LeftyHoges
25th March 2013, 01:14 PM
errrrr No they don't?

I think he's thinking of women's matchplay! ;-)

sms316
25th March 2013, 01:18 PM
JC as the lowest marker has probable won the most OG events including matchplay.

Except for when he had to play someone from the East. It's not so difficult when he only has to play against retards for the rest of the year.

:smt098

Monsta
25th March 2013, 01:21 PM

Isnt this why handicaps were thought of?? To make golf a sport where all levels of skill can compete on a level playing field (unless its a links course, then its an undulating playing field:lol:)

virge666
25th March 2013, 01:28 PM
errrrr No they don't.

I think he's thinking of women's matchplay! ;-)

When I played in the UK at quite a few places - it was always 3/4 handicaps.

Scotland didn't have the same setup, but the two courses I played up near Taine did.

popper81
25th March 2013, 01:28 PM

Look whats in my sig!

Pity you didn't win a couple of weekends ago.... ;)

It is true.... I should do better. But ALL the QLD guys are cheats. They don't have honour of your Victorian counterparts. Their pockets are lined with SAND.

virge666
25th March 2013, 01:36 PM
Isnt this why handicaps were thought of?? To make golf a sport where all levels of skill can compete on a level playing field (unless its a links course, then its an undulating playing field:lol:)

As I said...

Standard Deviation.

The standard deviation of (6,4,7,3,6,5,4,1,7,3,2,4) is a lot lower than (12,24,23,14,18,17,16,15,22,10) or in layman's terms, a high markers will send in a wider range of scores than a low marker. Both in the upper and lower ranges. I have had 39 points twice in the last 6 months... a 15 marker would easily triple that. For another view of it a bit closer to home. I have had three 4 pointers in the last 6 months.

The grading system is also there to fight the above issue, which helps, but if there are no grades - we simply cannot compete.

The 92% of your last best 10 is meant to make it a little more even - but it is just not in the ball park. THIS and only THIS is the reason I don't like playing with high markers. I can't have any side bets or games, or do anything other than play the course on the day.

It isn't a whinge, it is just the way it is.

Yossarian
25th March 2013, 01:36 PM
It sounds a lot like a whinge. Just play better.

Johnny Canuck
25th March 2013, 01:45 PM
Except for when he had to play someone from the East. It's not so difficult when he only has to play against retards for the rest of the year.:smt098 With my handicap, I won the match 3&2.Lucky for you, I am a man of integrity. Someone has to show the retards how to play.

Marto65
25th March 2013, 01:46 PM

Or worse ... and then better.

LeftyHoges
25th March 2013, 01:49 PM
Pity you didn't win a couple of weekends ago.... ;)

It is true.... I should do better. But ALL the QLD guys are cheats. They don't have honour of your Victorian counterparts. Their pockets are lined with SAND.

That was never going to happen anyway! :mrgreen:

I have noticed that all the sandbagging allegations (bar Shadesy :lol:) are of QLD players. You actually do raise an interesting point. :-k

Marto65
25th March 2013, 01:51 PM

I have noticed that all the sandbagging allegations (bar Shadesy :lol:) are of QLD players. You actually do raise an interesting point. :-k

Thats because it's QLD'ers that win the Champs ...

Ashes
25th March 2013, 01:51 PM
Someone has to show the retards how to play.
I prefer to show the playas how to retard.

virge666
25th March 2013, 01:54 PM
Or worse ... and then better.

I wish I had said that.

IanO
25th March 2013, 02:11 PM

Look whats in my sig!

That's right ... rub it in! :x

IanO
25th March 2013, 02:17 PM
I have a mate, off scratch, who plays A Grade Pennant and he constantly talks about guys who always seem to be out at the maximum they can be against their anchor for when the Pennant season is on.

TheNuclearOne
25th March 2013, 02:30 PM

Another example of Jack's sterling influence on the board and ability to strip things down to the most straightforward yet insightful modicum.

virge666
25th March 2013, 02:34 PM
I have a mate, off scratch, who plays A Grade Pennant and he constantly talks about guys who always seem to be out at the maximum they can be against their anchor for when the Pennant season is on.

Why would you - all A grade Pennants play off scratch ??

Your handicap means nothing ?

popper81
25th March 2013, 02:39 PM

I have noticed that all the sandbagging allegations (bar Shadesy :lol:) are of QLD players. You STIR with an EXTREMELY LARGE SPOON:-k

FTFY

virge666
25th March 2013, 06:04 PM

You would have to suss about that. What handicap did they go from and to ?

I would have taken quite an effort to balloon out with the older handicap system too. You don't have to name names... but I would love to hear the story. We have a block at the new club who is renown at playing well 5 or 6 times a year.

WBennett
25th March 2013, 06:19 PM
Who said you should play major events off the anchor? I actually like that idea... stops the sandbaggers and rewards those in life best form trying to improve.

Could you imagine club champs played off guys anchors? OK, you might have to change the grades a little - ie A 0-8, B 9-16, C 16+ etc, but it would slow the cheats down knowing their lowest for the last 12 months is what you are playing off. And who really wants to manipulate their handicaps for a full year?

markTHEblake
25th March 2013, 06:30 PM
Why would you - all A grade Pennants play off scratch ??Your handicap means nothing ?A grade around here is the happy pennant for the has beens and fat bellies. But i allow our development players in for the experience. We have had one kid in since he was 8 and he is short fir his age. Nobody wants to play him, he has an 80% win ratio. In two years he will be on low singles and have had 6 seasons under his belt smashing blokes :-)The real McCoy is Open Pennant.

Ferrins
25th March 2013, 07:07 PM
Just for the record I have never blown out to my anchor.

sms316
25th March 2013, 07:11 PM
Just for the record I have never blown out to my anchor. Can I call for a translator?

Marto65
25th March 2013, 07:25 PM
Who said you should play major events off the anchor? I actually like that idea... stops the sandbaggers and rewards those in life best form trying to improve.

Could you imagine club champs played off guys anchors? OK, you might have to change the grades a little - ie A 0-8, B 9-16, C 16+ etc, but it would slow the cheats down knowing their lowest for the last 12 months is what you are playing off. And who really wants to manipulate their handicaps for a full year?

That may have been me.

WBennett
25th March 2013, 07:32 PM
Mario

You are not only a very handsome but a very intelligent man.

(No homo)

Pieface
25th March 2013, 07:36 PM
Your missing the point... No one gives a shit about a $30 comp on a Saturday.

What has happened is that a low marker cannot play against a higher marker, or more importantly, a group of high markers. Because one of them will come in with 40-42 points.

It is even harder in match play . . .

So sandbagging is really to only option for a low marker who plays corporate events or Charities or whatever to get something out of the day.

I agree that against the field a low capper has buckley's as some chopper will have a day out and score in the 40's.

In matchplay I don't think it's so much of an issue. If the low marker can keep his ego under control and accept losing some holes along the way a higher marker will often times make enough errors to cough up the match especially if there is pressure down the stretch. Sometimes the high marker doesn't fold and has a day out. That's golf. If your club matchplay constantly pits you against players who you have to give a huge number of shots to, effectively creating the low marker vs the field scenario, there is a problem with the structure of the competition maybe but not necessarily the handicap system IMO.

EDIT - That's all seperate to the sandbagging thing and assuming the participants aren't playing off an artificial cap. Sandbaggers need a good kick in the goolies.

mike
25th March 2013, 07:40 PM
You would have to suss about that. What handicap did they go from and to ?I would have taken quite an effort to balloon out with the older handicap system too. You don't have to name names... but I would love to hear the story. We have a block at the new club who is renown at playing well 5 or 6 times a year.I can't disclose any info as I've been in trouble before for doing just that.

backintheswing
25th March 2013, 07:45 PM
I played with a classic sandbagger on Saturday. He was off 18, shot 77 and net 59. Won the stroke nett comp by about 8 shots. All I said to him was I was glad we didn't play for money(we were in a 3) as I would have just gone home. Oh, he bogeyed the last 3 as well for 6 over to protect his handicap a little. Guess what, he lost one shot off his handicap.

Marto65
25th March 2013, 07:54 PM
Mario

You are not only a very handsome but a very intelligent man.

(No homo)

The problem is finding someone with the guts to implement it.

PeteyD
25th March 2013, 07:57 PM
I played with a classic sandbagger on Saturday. He was off 18, shot 77 and net 59. Won the stroke nett comp by about 8 shots. All I said to him was I was glad we didn't play for money(we were in a 3) as I would have just gone home. Oh, he bogeyed the last 3 as well for 6 over to protect his handicap a little. Guess what, he lost one shot off his handicap.

Why do you say he is a sandbagger? Just because he played well one day?

oncewasagolfer
25th March 2013, 07:57 PM
I played with a classic sandbagger on Saturday. He was off 18, shot 77 and net 59. Won the stroke nett comp by about 8 shots. All I said to him was I was glad we didn't play for money(we were in a 3) as I would have just gone home. Oh, he bogeyed the last 3 as well for 6 over to protect his handicap a little. Guess what, he lost one shot off his handicap.That's what's ****ed about this system. Imagine how many shots he would have lost on the old system.

Shadesy
25th March 2013, 08:00 PM
I've wiped the last hole last two rounds :-)

backintheswing
25th March 2013, 08:23 PM
ACR was 70, so he would have lost 3.3.

Hux
25th March 2013, 08:26 PM
As I said...

Standard Deviation.

The standard deviation of (6,4,7,3,6,5,4,1,7,3,2,4) is a lot lower than (12,24,23,14,18,17,16,15,22,10) or in layman's terms, a high markers will send in a wider range of scores than a low marker. Both in the upper and lower ranges. I have had 39 points twice in the last 6 months... a 15 marker would easily triple that. For another view of it a bit closer to home. I have had three 4 pointers in the last 6 months.

The grading system is also there to fight the above issue, which helps, but if there are no grades - we simply cannot compete.

The 92% of your last best 10 is meant to make it a little more even - but it is just not in the ball park. THIS and only THIS is the reason I don't like playing with high markers. I can't have any side bets or games, or do anything other than play the course on the day.

It isn't a whinge, it is just the way it is.I'm half with you Virge. Yep A grade cannot compete against B grade in net and C grade cannot compete against B grade in net when the going gets tough (something I have noticed is that on tough courses or tough conditions a C grade comp will generally have high overall net scores). However, a smart A grader just plays mind games with his retarded fellow golfers. My Dad was a cracker at just throwing a wedge to 12 inches when the C grader with 2 shots was in a greenside bunker for 2 and then watch then crumble. Tougher with a B grader but making them try and match you makes it hard. But grades exist for a reason and A graders should not have to compete against B and B against C in a net comp BUT turn the tables to gross and its 180* in reverse.

backintheswing
25th March 2013, 08:27 PM
Why do you say he is a sandbagger? Just because he played well one day?

How about this one petey. When I asked him about his new Nike tour staff bag and where he bought it (as I hadn't seen one like it before) he said "oh I won that in Vegas last year in the shoot out, plus the full set of clubs as well"

I knew what I was dealing with from them on.

Hux
25th March 2013, 08:30 PM
I can't disclose any info as I've been in trouble before for doing just that.Is that because you actually can't divorce yourself from reality and your obvious dislike of an individual and the need to take a shot against them on every occasion?

Hux
25th March 2013, 08:35 PM
How about this one petey. When I asked him about his new Nike tour staff bag and where he bought it (as I hadn't seen one like it before) he said "oh I won that in Vegas last year in the shoot out, plus the full set of clubs as well"

I knew what I was dealing with from them on.Lager lover????? Pie bagger not sand bagger. And BITS, a sandbagger would know that nowhere known to mankind needs a net 59 to win a comp in B grade unless its Putt putt. I don't think a bogey on the last is much of a s/bagger example...a triple from the middle of the fairway perhaps. Reality is a net 64 would win 99% of club comps unless it is a par 68???

virge666
25th March 2013, 08:37 PM
Is that because you actually can't divorce yourself from reality and your obvious dislike of an individual and the need to take a shot against them on every occasion?

Well. This just got interesting ...

mike
25th March 2013, 08:39 PM
Is that because you actually can't divorce yourself from reality and your obvious dislike of an individual and the need to take a shot against them on every occasion?Probably. I must have imagined the whole thing. Silly me.

Hux
25th March 2013, 08:44 PM
Well. This just got interesting ... For the record it ain't me but I know who Mike constantly takes shots at. Small town politics at play. Its what happens when you swim in a shallow pool. What I really can't cop is the cheap shots...either man up and say it or shut up.

Yossarian
25th March 2013, 08:51 PM
You Queenslanders are a funny lot.

mike
25th March 2013, 08:56 PM
That we are yoss.

mike
25th March 2013, 08:57 PM
either man up and say it or shut up.I've been saying it for years. Pay attention.

mike
25th March 2013, 09:00 PM
Actually Hux I've been quiet on the subject for quite some time. Somebody else has taken the reigns which suits me fine. My thoughts are known to many. I'm done.

Johnny Canuck
25th March 2013, 09:02 PM
Actually Hux I've been quiet on the subject for quite some time. Somebody else has taken the reigns which suits me fine. My thoughts are known to many. I'm done. NoKidding?

oncewasagolfer
25th March 2013, 09:08 PM
There's a guy at our club that is a 8 marker but his hc mysteriously drifts out to double digits when there is a 4bbb tournament coming up.

WBennett
25th March 2013, 09:19 PM
OWAG

If this is prevalent, why doesn't anyone complain to Club Management?

Under the new system you have to play a truckload of golf to wipe off a few good rounds.

oncewasagolfer
25th March 2013, 09:27 PM
I don't think it takes that long to go out a few shots if you are playing twice a week. I can't imagine our management/commitee would do a lot if anyone did complain.

popper81
25th March 2013, 09:47 PM
I don't think it takes that long to go out a few shots if you are playing twice a week. I can't imagine our management/commitee would do a lot if anyone did complain.

10 weeks.... It is easy. I will be off 7 for the club champs.

Johnny Canuck
25th March 2013, 09:47 PM
Someone cares about 4bbb?

markTHEblake
25th March 2013, 10:46 PM
My club the A grade scores are consistently lower than the other grades. Last week an A grade chopper beat the field by 3. ( c grade by 5 ) and 4 of the best 5 rounds of the day were A grade. In the top 28 scores for the field 3 were in C grade, 17 in A grade. The last 3 competition rounds the A grade winner was lowest round of the day.

Lobsta
25th March 2013, 10:48 PM
What about a guy, let's call him Lobby, who just doesn't play much golf, and of that not much golf, he plays bugger all comp golf? Seriously, my last scoring cards were from champs last year. I forsee playing bugger all golf between now and next champs, and I can't see much of them being comp. If I get the time for a round, it's last minute spur of the moment stuff, midweek, practice rounds, almost exclusively on my own. Would that qualify me as a sandbagger if I score well at champs?

Ferrins
25th March 2013, 10:55 PM
Yes

AndyP
25th March 2013, 10:56 PM
No, but you would be accused of it, as is anyone who shoots a good score.

mike
25th March 2013, 11:00 PM
No

hocko
25th March 2013, 11:07 PM
Someone cares about 4bbb?

No one cares what you think.... especially us retards!
Move to QLD already will you.

Ferrins
25th March 2013, 11:07 PM
Ha!

Ferrins
25th March 2013, 11:15 PM
Lager lover????? Pie bagger not sand bagger. And BITS, a sandbagger would know that nowhere known to mankind needs a net 59 to win a comp in B grade unless its Putt putt. I don't think a bogey on the last is much of a s/bagger example...a triple from the middle of the fairway perhaps. Reality is a net 64 would win 99% of club comps unless it is a par 68??? Playing off 9 I shot one under par for net 60 at Nudgee South and came 2nd. Was sitting down having a drink when I of the blokes in the last group walked in and looked at the scores on the screen and then walked outside to his group and they finished off their cards, One of them trumped me with a 59.

rubin
26th March 2013, 12:03 AM
Playing off 9 I shot one under par for net 60 at Nudgee South and came 2nd. Was sitting down having a drink when I of the blokes in the last group walked in and looked at the scores on the screen and then walked outside to his group and they finished off their cards, One of them trumped me with a 59.

Good ol' magic pencil ...

IanO
26th March 2013, 09:45 AM
Why would you - all A grade Pennants play off scratch ??

Your handicap means nothing ?

Sorry Senior Pennant (not sure if it makes a difference). I am only going from what he said but I suppose it depends on how you do the pairings.

rowey
1st April 2013, 09:20 PM
Would you say a sand bagger is someone that would go from 8 to 11 in 2 mths with club open coming up & will make sure H/C doesn't change until then

sms316
1st April 2013, 09:24 PM
Would you say a sand bagger is someone that would go from 8 to 11 in 2 mths with club open coming up & will make sure H/C doesn't change until then Have you been accused of sandbagging Rowey?

Hux
1st April 2013, 09:28 PM
Would you say a sand bagger is someone that would go from 8 to 11 in 2 mths with club open coming up & will make sure H/C doesn't change until then I've seen handicaps go out just because someone is playing crap. Seen the same person's hcp come down again once they found their mojo again - they cleaned up when they got it going again to - in fact played with the gumby today and he shot 1 over for 40 points on 1/2 a leg. Strangely things like championships can be an incentive to actual practice and sort out what is wrong in your game. That or it can be a conspiracy or perhaps if you have an axe to grind this makes a great place to vent.

WBennett
1st April 2013, 09:52 PM
Club champs should be played off the anchor from the last 12 months.

popper81
1st April 2013, 09:56 PM
Club champs should be played off the anchor from the last 12 months.

Benno is converted. ;)

markTHEblake
1st April 2013, 10:03 PM
Club champs are played off the stick around here

WBennett
1st April 2013, 10:19 PM
You only have one grade Blakey? You should join a proper club.

Ashes
1st April 2013, 11:45 PM
Club champs are played off the stick around here

As they should be.

popper81
2nd April 2013, 12:16 PM
All members comps should be played in only one grade... A grade. The rest of you should play on Wenesday mornings, with the associates.

Captain Nemo
2nd April 2013, 12:18 PM
All members comps should be played in only one grade... A grade. The rest of you should play on Wenesday mornings, with the associates.

Or Sundays....;)

PerryGroves
2nd April 2013, 12:27 PM

On a slightly serious note, I think we will go one grade shortly however we will run three comps based on tees.

People can opt to play whatever tee they want, back, middle or front. the courses are all rated from there, no CCR means it doesn't matter. We are getting tired of white tee comps where we have to go 1 under to play to our handicap when it's one over from the back. This may be some form of reverse sand bagging.

live4golf
2nd April 2013, 12:29 PM
Would you say a sand bagger is someone that would go from 8 to 11 in 2 mths with club open coming up & will make sure H/C doesn't change until then

I think this most definitely consistutes sandbagging. The number of people like this on our golf courses astounds me...and they think no one knows they are doing it. These are the sort of people that continue to do well in B grade events throughout the region and wonder why the room is quiet when they receive their prize, after the raptures are received by the young bloke that has gone from 27 to 15 and 'only got second'...they completely miss the point and will never ever get the point so there is no point in trying to point out and point to them because the point will be lost and therefore, pointless. I have no doubt these people are also the ones that call you up for silly little rules and yet show no respect to the game of golf by doing things like not repairing pitch marks or not wearing a collared shirt whilst playing.

I say name and shame them, this sort of thing is a blight on our wonderful game.

popper81
2nd April 2013, 12:37 PM
On a slightly serious note, I think we will go one grade shortly however we will run three comps based on tees.

People can opt to play whatever tee they want, back, middle or front. the courses are all rated from there, no CCR means it doesn't matter. We are getting tired of white tee comps where we have to go 1 under to play to our handicap when it's one over from the back. This may be some form of reverse sand bagging.

That is not a bad concept... Having no idea of your course and differences from each tee, but thinking of others tracks I have played, I like it. It does have some hazards though.

Rounds could take longer? If you are playing off the front tees, and the group in front are off the back, they maybe forever in range.

Monsta
2nd April 2013, 01:38 PM

Good to see all your time at Uni is working Popper :D

popper81
2nd April 2013, 02:01 PM
Good to see all your time at Uni is working Popper :D

This is why I date teachers..... Send all that shit to them for correction.

Monsta
2nd April 2013, 02:03 PM
This is why I pay teachers..... Send all that shit to them for correction.

FTFY big guy......:mrgreen:

popper81
2nd April 2013, 02:10 PM
FTFY big guy......:mrgreen:

Incorrect... I pay no one. Although I am on to a grade 1 teacher now... No wonder she thinks I am bright. :(

timah!
2nd April 2013, 02:42 PM
Incorrect... I pay no one. Although I am on to a grade 1 teacher now... No wonder she thinks I am bright. :(

Does she give you a gold star when you do something good?

LeftyHoges
2nd April 2013, 02:48 PM

Or do you get to scratch and sniff?

Dcanto
2nd April 2013, 02:48 PM

She just keeps making him do it until he gets it right. :mrgreen:

popper81
2nd April 2013, 02:57 PM

This made me laugh....I give out the gold stars... You can ask her.

Or do you get to scratch and sniff?

You red nuts are a strange breed. ;)

She just keeps making him do it until he gets it right. :mrgreen:

Hell yeah... She thinks I am a slow learner....... Silly girl.

Lagerlover
2nd April 2013, 03:11 PM
Hell yeah... She thinks I am a slow learner....... Silly girl.Is she receiving a carers' allowance?

popper81
2nd April 2013, 03:13 PM
Is she receiving a carers' allowance?

No. I get that for playing golf with you.

Lagerlover
2nd April 2013, 03:29 PM
No. I get that for playing golf with you. Has that payment came through already?

Dotty
2nd April 2013, 04:33 PM
No. I get that for playing golf with you.
Holy double dipping, Batman.

Carers' allowance and danger money.

Lagerlover
2nd April 2013, 05:50 PM
Holy double dipping, Batman. Carers' allowance and danger money. WOW!!

that just validates Daves and I decision to shy away from our current council contract koala cull..

WHITE DOGS BLACK SPOTS... per head or by kg?

Steve
2nd April 2013, 05:52 PM
Your only cheating yourself. :)

popper81
2nd April 2013, 06:05 PM
Your only cheating yourself. :)

Incorrect. Monsta and I are cheating the following:

You
ozgolf as a collective
members of our clubs
opponents
Sponsors
Puppies
the ATO
unborn children
starving african nations
gravity

There maybe more, but they're just the ones we wish to disclose.

rowey
15th April 2013, 08:45 PM
Would a person that changes their Golflink number so no one can view it fall into this category

sms316
15th April 2013, 08:47 PM
Would a person who stalks said golflink number enough to notice count for much?

AndyP
15th April 2013, 08:49 PM
I'd be concerned about both personality types.

Hux
15th April 2013, 08:50 PM
Would a person who stalks said golflink number enough to notice count for much?Thought as much myself. Rowey - seek help.

WBennett
15th April 2013, 08:51 PM
Golflink numbers stick? We have a few guys at the club who are still using their old Golflink numbers from previous courses...

Daves
Would a person who stalks said golflink number enough to notice count for much?

A Club Captain stalker at that.

rowey
Not stalking at all, just stating facts Shaun

rowey
15th April 2013, 08:53 PM
I'd be concerned about both personality types.

Not at all, I have a few golflink numbers from ppl I have played golf with & none of them have issues if you look at their number.............except 1

AndyP
15th April 2013, 08:54 PM
Stalking, obsessing; whatever you want to call it, it's worrying behaviour.

rowey
15th April 2013, 08:55 PM
Golflink numbers stick? We have a few guys at the club who are still using their old Golflink numbers from previous courses...

do they..:shock:

mike
15th April 2013, 08:56 PM
Rowey, it ain't worth it.

rowey
15th April 2013, 08:57 PM
Stalking, obsessing; whatever you want to call it, it's worrying behaviour.

please explain why that is so Andy, you have never looked up a players number to see how they have been going...

AndyP
15th April 2013, 08:58 PM
And then go reporting to a golf forum about everything that happens with it? No, I don't. It's not a good look.

rowey
15th April 2013, 09:03 PM
Rowey, it ain't worth it.

True Mike.....

Daves
15th April 2013, 09:03 PM
And then go reporting to a golf forum about everything that happens with it? No, I don't. It's not a good look.

Especially when said "Stalkers" are current or past club Captains with access to official channels if they have any balls. But choose to snipe gutlessly at someone they don't like on a forum. Pretty poor form imo. I wonder what Golf Oz/Qld would think of such behavior?

rowey
15th April 2013, 09:04 PM

Andy, not reporting, just asking a question on a forum.

Is that not allowed

Webster
15th April 2013, 09:04 PM
Rowey, does he use a long/belly putter?

AndyP
15th April 2013, 09:07 PM
Andy, not reporting, just asking a question on a forum.

Is that not allowedIt's very transparent and it is reflecting poorly on you.

Yossarian
15th April 2013, 09:08 PM
Is this about Donuts' GL?

mike
15th April 2013, 09:10 PM
In rowey's defence, the GL number in question does have a direct effect on his golf. (and mine too for that matter) It's evidently ok for outsiders to brush it off as a whinge or sour grapes or whatever. If something similar happened to one of the apologists they would more than likely squeal like a stuck pig.

Rowey, let it go mate.

rowey
15th April 2013, 09:10 PM
Especially when said "Stalkers" are current or past club Captains with access to official channels if they have any balls. But choose to snipe gutlessly at someone they don't like on a forum. Pretty poor form imo. I wonder what Golf Oz/Qld would think of such behavior?

Dave I never got involved with the H'Cap side of things when I was Captain.

Dont think golflink or golf qld would care, that is why you can look them up in the first place.........

Dont think it is sniping at all, its all fair for others to have shots at ppl on here but when some are mentioned ( and i have never mentioned names ) ppl feel sorry & have to stick up for them

Webster
15th April 2013, 09:13 PM
Who are you having a snipe at Rowey? Are you able to name some names?

AndyP
15th April 2013, 09:18 PM
In rowey's defence, the GL number in question does have a direct effect on his golf. (and mine too for that matter) It's evidently ok for outsiders to brush it off as a whinge or sour grapes or whatever. If something similar happened to one of the apologists they would more than likely squeal like a stuck pig.

Rowey, let it go mate.I haven't brushed it off as a whinge nor have I disputed his posts, but his obsessive posting about it is sad. It's clear that he doesn't want to "let it go".

rowey
15th April 2013, 09:20 PM
No i wont Jack because ppl can make their own asumptions......pretty obvious but..

Webster
15th April 2013, 09:23 PM
Weak. As. Piss.

rowey
15th April 2013, 09:26 PM
I haven't brushed it off as a whinge nor have I disputed his posts, but his obsessive posting about it is sad. It's clear that he doesn't want to "let it go".

Andy how can you say it is obsessive posting when others can post numerous posts in different threads that they have no control off & noting is said to them..

I am finished on this topic

AndyP
15th April 2013, 09:31 PM
I'm not exactly sure what your first statement means, so I can't answer you.

Jack, take your shit-stirring back to your cheatstick obsession thread.

Webster
15th April 2013, 09:33 PM
Jack, take your shit-stirring back to your cheatstick obsession thread.

You forgot to say **please**

AndyP
15th April 2013, 09:38 PM
Intentional use of asterisks?

Webster
15th April 2013, 09:40 PM
They are giving them out for free after this mornings result.

Shadesy
15th April 2013, 09:46 PM
Shouldn't Rowey be asked to move to the Bleat thread?

Dotty
16th April 2013, 06:45 AM
Shouldn't Rowey be asked to move to the Bleat thread?
+1

Sounds like the responsibilities of captain was limited to a reserved parking space and free drink at committee meetings.

Hux
16th April 2013, 09:20 AM
+1

sounds like the responsibilities of captain was limited to a reserved parking space and free drink at committee meetings. roflmao

Johnny Canuck
16th April 2013, 09:33 AM
I thought this problem had been eliminated months ago. Have things changed?

PeteyD
16th April 2013, 09:35 AM
http://t3.gstatic.com/images?q=tbn:ANd9GcSCbdNKybscMMGJW_bbjFjAmC4rMb5Ip euzCWLJhEEbr7j_llDUHg

Johnny Canuck
16th April 2013, 09:57 AM
Are those sour grapes, a wine & cheese party, or a little bit of both?

Or is it even more subtle and those are apple "wedges"?

ddasey
16th April 2013, 10:04 AM
http://t3.gstatic.com/images?q=tbn:ANd9GcSCbdNKybscMMGJW_bbjFjAmC4rMb5Ip euzCWLJhEEbr7j_llDUHg

Is that blue cheese ?

sms316
16th April 2013, 10:05 AM
Is that blue cheese ?
Needs some crusty bread, but the crackers will do.

mike
16th April 2013, 02:13 PM
Especially when said "Stalkers" are current or past club Captains with access to official channels if they have any balls. Just out of interest, what would the proper channels be? (providing the complainant had enough balls of course)

I thought this problem had been eliminated months ago. Have things changed?What problem?

Johnny Canuck
16th April 2013, 02:16 PM
The cap had been lowered to an acceptable level.

mike
16th April 2013, 02:21 PM
Where on earth did you get that information?

Johnny Canuck
16th April 2013, 02:26 PM
I heard 8 was then New 10-12.

Did I hear incorrectly?

LeftyHoges
16th April 2013, 02:55 PM
I wish I knew who people were talking about...

*sigh*

Johnny Canuck
16th April 2013, 02:57 PM
Me too.

Adamscott sigh Adamscott

LeftyHoges
16th April 2013, 03:17 PM
Me too.

Adamscott sigh Adamscott

Well played.

Daves
16th April 2013, 04:19 PM
Just out of interest, what would the proper channels be? (providing the complainant had enough balls of course)

I am surprised that as a former Club Captain you don't already know this stuff? First stop would be the Club Handicapper, next the appropriate club committee, usually the Match Committee at most clubs. The Captain is usually a member of the Match. Then the Club Board. Under the GA guidelines a "Club Committee" has the authority to adjust a member's handicap, but only after referral and agreement with the State Association. The Club Committee would normally be the full Club Board at most clubs, of which the Match is a Sub Committee of.

Daves
16th April 2013, 04:20 PM
I find it quite bemusing that rowey has blown out to B grade since his original whinge about some else doing the same.

Johnny Canuck
16th April 2013, 04:50 PM
I find it quite bemusing that rowey has blown out to B grade since his original whinge about some else doing the same. Seriously? Does he live in a glass house?I am sure there is a major event coming up that the unnamed offender is the defending champ of, or something of that nature. That is his m.o.

rowey
16th April 2013, 09:24 PM
I find it quite bemusing that rowey has blown out to B grade since his original whinge about some else doing the same.

So Dave it is pretty obvious that you now have my Golflink number, which I couldn't give a rat arse.

I find it pretty funny that you say "I have blown out to B'Grade", I have gone from 10.1 to 10.5 in 2mths.........thats blowing out.......Please

I couldn't care if you publish my golf link number for others to view, just as long as you publish the other players number that gave you mine & we will see who has blown out

markTHEblake
16th April 2013, 09:28 PM
This is funny, even though I have absolutely no idea what is going on. Is the whole 10 pages just about one person?

Captain Nemo
16th April 2013, 09:33 PM
Better than the Bleat thread?

mike
16th April 2013, 09:52 PM
I am surprised that as a former Club Captain you don't already know this stuff? First stop would be the Club Handicapper, next the appropriate club committee, usually the Match Committee at most clubs. The Captain is usually a member of the Match. Then the Club Board. Under the GA guidelines a "Club Committee" has the authority to adjust a member's handicap, but only after referral and agreement with the State Association. The Club Committee would normally be the full Club Board at most clubs, of which the Match is a Sub Committee of.Bwahaha.

What, are you a comedian?

mike
16th April 2013, 09:54 PM
Daves, thanks for the reply. Yes, I was club captain once. It was my one and only year on the committee and I was too busy running comps and cutting pins to worry about that sort of stuff.

Daves
16th April 2013, 10:02 PM
Bwahaha.

What, are you a comedian?

Oh you are so funny. As I understand it you raised it with a previous Club Handicapper and they disagreed with your assessment. I believe Golf Qld have also reviewed the Handicap history and also said that there is no issue. Yet you pair still persist with your vendetta on a golf forum. PW imo.

mike
16th April 2013, 10:06 PM
As I understand it you raised it with a previous Club Handicapper Erm ...no I did not.

mike
16th April 2013, 10:09 PM
I believe Golf Qld have also reviewed the Handicap history and also said that there is no issue. Ok I didn't know that. Interesting that it got that far. What prompted GQ to review it?

Lobsta
16th April 2013, 10:09 PM
This thread is confuse. Have there been some mass deletings of posts or something? It's like I'm reading two thirds of the story.

peter_rs
16th April 2013, 10:20 PM
Lobby the full story is never told but its getting interesting

Dotty
16th April 2013, 10:46 PM
This thread is confuse. Have there been some mass deletings of posts or something? It's like I'm reading two thirds of the story.
I like to think they are talking about Solarman.

He even puts on that chopper act for Haysey's camera, so he can use it as evidence in the kangaroo court.

TheNuclearOne
17th April 2013, 06:12 PM
Great stuff and a compelling story hahahaha

Peppas
17th April 2013, 06:23 PM
We had a cheat at our club, got caught and was banned from playing for 3 months. Seems like a nice enough guy, wierd eh.

Also have a few known sandbaggers at my club. Seen a few do it on the course, ie get to 16 with 34pts and wipe the next 2 holes after hitting the green in reg. Just for the sake of vets pennants... tsk tsk.

Can we have the full QLD story? Will it be as good as "putter lake"?

markTHEblake
17th April 2013, 06:43 PM
One round I was 2 under after 16, then double bogied the last two holes. Finished net 70 and still won the monthly medal. Am I a sandbagger or a cheat?

shazza_rs
17th April 2013, 07:05 PM
No you just choked Blakey! :)

Lobsta
17th April 2013, 08:30 PM
No you just choked, Blakey! :)

ftfy.

Punctuation saves lives.

muldude
17th April 2013, 08:36 PM
One round I was 2 under after 16, then double bogied the last two holes. Finished net 70 and still won the monthly medal. Am I a sandbagger or a cheat?

Cough, cough :-)

Lagerlover
18th April 2013, 04:32 AM
ftfy.Punctuation saves lives. Well done Lobby. I know I speak for all of us, when I say the last thing I would want to see is any harm come to MTB.

Shadesy
18th April 2013, 10:23 AM
We had a cheat at our club, got caught and was banned from playing for 3 months. Seems like a nice enough guy, wierd eh.

Also have a few known sandbaggers at my club. Seen a few do it on the course, ie get to 16 with 34pts and wipe the next 2 holes after hitting the green in reg. Just for the sake of vets pennants... tsk tsk.

Sounds like a regular Saturday for me.

Peppas
18th April 2013, 11:04 AM
Sounds like a regular Saturday for me.

the cheating or the sandbagging? :)

popper81
18th April 2013, 11:35 AM

Putter Lake is dull compared to this.

Mods, can we the "days of our lives" music whenever people post in here? :lol:

Dotty
18th April 2013, 11:42 AM
Putter Lake is dull compared to this.

Mods, can we the "days of our lives" music whenever people post in here? :lol:
I was thinking Kanye West's 'Gold Digger'.

Hatchman
22nd April 2013, 08:16 PM
Herd on the weekend the anchor changes to 5 shots in May?
Anyone else herd this? Sandbaggers will be happy if correct.

PeteyD
22nd April 2013, 08:22 PM
Oh my. Do a search for bleat.

Johnny Canuck
22nd April 2013, 08:22 PM
That is correct. Nk proposed the change. It was seconded by Rowey.

Captain Nemo
22nd April 2013, 09:35 PM

SNAP!
:smt079

rowey
22nd April 2013, 10:10 PM

Hey JC, like I have said before, I would be happy to post my GL number, as long as some of the other tards do the same, then we can all see who the baggers are

3Puttpete
22nd April 2013, 10:31 PM
It always makes me smile when people say tards

Johnny Canuck
22nd April 2013, 10:41 PM
You know that won't happen.

goughy
22nd April 2013, 10:55 PM
I could go an apple tard. Or maybe a cherry tard.

To clarify, tard is the southern yanky pronunciation of tart right?

markTHEblake
22nd April 2013, 11:31 PM
Speaking of sandbaggers. Why are you here as a new person goughy?
Trying to get a new handicap?

Ronny
23rd April 2013, 10:54 AM
See the golf link/ Lexus cup c grade winner! Played off 20 and shot 75 off the stick (par 68) for 49 stableford points. Everglades golf club was the course

sms316
23rd April 2013, 10:55 AM
See the golf link/ Lexus cup c grade winner! Played off 20 and shot 75 off the stick (par 68) for 49 stableford points. Everglades golf club was the course
Congratulations NK.

Lagerlover
23rd April 2013, 11:03 AM
Handy result for the boys..

http://www.insidegolf.com.au/news/nsw-pair-wins-auto-club-championship/

Webster
23rd April 2013, 11:56 AM
Yeah nice scoring that.....big handicaps and all.....would be nice to see their Golflink records...Yamba must be a tough track compared to Royal Pines....great birdie for 5 points up the last hole for 55 points total....

Hatchman
23rd April 2013, 11:57 AM

Magic pencil?
Hard to believe how legit that 20 hcp is. It's quite possible on short scrapes courses but on greens pftt. There is a huge difference in the level of play of someone who's doing well to break 90 to all of a sudden shooting mid 70's.
Only possible legit explanation I could imagine. How long between that round and the previous one would be interesting. Big gap of lessons and practice maybe?

Ferrins
23rd April 2013, 12:06 PM
Handy result for the boys..http://www.insidegolf.com.au/news/nsw-pair-wins-auto-club-championship/ Solid 5 pointer to finish.

Hatchman
23rd April 2013, 12:17 PM
Handy result for the boys..

http://www.insidegolf.com.au/news/nsw-pair-wins-auto-club-championship/

Better than 3 points a hole average on day 2. Nice high handicaps for 3 point boogies.

mike
23rd April 2013, 01:12 PM
You guys are making some fairly outlandish assumptions.

Disgraceful behavior.

Webster
23rd April 2013, 01:42 PM
You're getting a bit excited there Mike.

Marto65
23rd April 2013, 01:57 PM

And they give these sorts of people trophies ....

Ronny
23rd April 2013, 02:30 PM
1k tag huer vouchers no less!!

Waddzy
23rd April 2013, 02:44 PM
Magic pencil?
Hard to believe how legit that 20 hcp is. It's quite possible on short scrapes courses but on greens pftt. There is a huge difference in the level of play of someone who's doing well to break 90 to all of a sudden shooting mid 70's.
Only possible legit explanation I could imagine. How long between that round and the previous one would be interesting. Big gap of lessons and practice maybe?

Could be quite genuine , I shot 99 on the Saturday in comp after a few good rounds of 90.. was so dissapointed with the 99 I headed out for a hit sunday arvo and shot 39 for 9 holes - 3 over... im off a cap of 19.So providing they rotated their duffed shots well they always had a decent ball to play.. because thats how I lose my 15 strokes around.. on rubbish...

In saying that , thats 2 Solid days of good golf.. When I was off 34 at the start of this year when I first started playing golf I knocked a couple of birdies on par 3's that I had 2 shots on, Im assuming that would also be a 5 pointer? Hole in 0?

edit : 39 is my 9 hole record now also.. that was a one off time thing.. but goes to show high handicappers can shoot low but quite easily struggle to break 100 every other week.

Hatchman
23rd April 2013, 02:49 PM
That post you've quoted is in reference to the Lexus cup winner not the four ball event winners.

Webster
23rd April 2013, 02:51 PM
Waddzy, was the "39 for 9 holes" in a comp?

Waddzy
23rd April 2013, 02:56 PM
Waddzy, was the "39 for 9 holes" in a comp?

No so I know it doesnt count , but it was for $$?

Webster
23rd April 2013, 02:58 PM
Meaningless.