PDA

View Full Version : Help Needed and Info on Fox Hills

Matt 3 Jab
19th November 2005, 06:46 PM
hey guys and gals, im playing fox hill tomorrow and ive never played there and i just want to know all the little tips and tricks that you might have about it. any info would be awsome cause we need to win this match! thanks!

Andrew
19th November 2005, 07:08 PM
Matt,

I'm told you are a long hitter, so lots of irons off the tee for position will be best.

It's not a hard course & the old greens (the ones yet to be redesigned) are small & flat. If you do hit your driver, give it a lash as it is quite easy to end up in the middle of another fairway & still have a reasonable shot to the green.

Good Luck.

Matt 3 Jab
19th November 2005, 07:25 PM
wow, i have a reputation, i feel good now!!
ok, the stinger 2 iron might get a work out, thanks for the tips!
anyone else know some little secrets?

Speirsy11
19th November 2005, 07:52 PM
I'll second that opinion.......I haven't played there in some time, and I'm not much of a long hitter :oops: , but I'd hit a lot of 2 irons off the tee too.....

Speirsy

3oneday
19th November 2005, 08:02 PM
I'll second that opinion.......I haven't played there in some time, and I'm not much of a long hitter :oops: , but I'd hit a lot of 2 irons off the tee too.....

Speirsy :lol:  :lol: in relation to Mark Bylsma ?? no, probably not :roll:

Matt, I am a member there, here is what you do (par 4's and 5's):

1st - driver
3rd - driver
4th - 4 iron
5th - 2 iron
7th - driver
9th - driver
11th - driver
13th and 14th driver
15th - 2 iron
16, 17 and 18 - driver

You could be boring and hit 2 iron on a couple of those (13 and 14) but thats about it really.

Have fun, take your crashhat :lol:

Pete

Speirsy11
19th November 2005, 08:30 PM

Speirsy :lol:  :lol: in relation to Mark Bylsma ?? no, probably not :roll:

Matt, I am a member there, here is what you do (par 4's and 5's):

1st - driver
3rd - driver
4th - 4 iron
5th - 2 iron
7th - driver
9th - driver
11th - driver
13th and 14th driver
15th - 2 iron
16, 17 and 18 - driver

You could be boring and hit 2 iron on a couple of those (13 and 14) but thats about it really.

Have fun, take your crashhat :lol:

Pete

I'm very short compared to Blysma.....I bet this Matt kid hits it 30m past me.....The young guys these days MELT it........

I'd forgotten you were a member there Pete, we should have requested the course guide right away.......

3oneday
20th November 2005, 04:45 AM
I'm very short compared to Blysma.....isn't everyone :!: :!: 8)

I'd forgotten you were a member there Peteit's a relationship currently under duress :wink:

Pete

Matt 3 Jab
20th November 2005, 07:56 AM
thanks so much 3oneday, ill all let you know how i went and how i found the course to be, hopefully i wont get to see most of the back nine, by winning that is :lol:
with course guide in hand, im off to play, thanks again to everyone :D

Matt 3 Jab
21st November 2005, 07:25 PM
ok, so i lost 1 down on the last :cry: hit a drive to around 120 out, wedge into the pot and a 3 jab :shock: oh well, great game and we won the day 3 1/2 to 1 1/2 :D
started well, off the plates all day, hit driver then 3 iron on the 1st to 4 ft to eagle, then a few par's and was playing well, very narrow course, hit driver alot and hit it well, greens were in good nick, overall a good course but i like them to be a little longer and a little wider :lol:
thanks for the tips guys, helped alot, cheers!