PDA

View Full Version : Ozgolf Champs tipping comp

Jono
18th November 2005, 06:56 PM
I thought it would be fun, and it would be a good way to involve those who can't make it this year.

So, who is it going to be? We've got a few players in form at the moment. Jaster with his recent 65 :shock: , Courty peaking at the right time and getting down to an all time low handicap, Shazza playing so well that she doesn't get 2 shots on a hole anymore, Jarro hitting his iron shots better than ever with his Edwin swing, TS having recently won club championship, Tezza sneaking under the radar :wink: ... list goes on.

I've got my money on Gaz this year. He came close last year, and I think he's got the consistency that is required at Cool-Tweed golf course.

AndyP
18th November 2005, 07:06 PM
In the actual Champs thread, I picked the following three:

Iain
Eag's
Gaz

See no reason to change that yet. However, I am playing with the Unit on Sunday, so I'll see how his form is going.

Both Eag's and Iain have potential to play under their handicaps, and have been getting some form back in the lead up. Gaz is just Mr. Consistent.

I'll chuck 990B's name in there as an afterthought. I just reckon he's a burglar and protects his handicap for OZgolf days.

BTW Courty has Buckleys' chance of winning. He's not coming. (Plus he wouldn't be able to handle southern Qld conditions)

Jarro
18th November 2005, 08:32 PM
get your money on me you suckers, i'm gonna kick some serious arse this year :twisted: :lol:

Jono
19th November 2005, 05:12 AM
get your money on me you suckers, i'm gonna kick some serious bum this year  :twisted:  :lol:

That's the attitude, Jarro ... Your Gary Edwin swing must be working pretty well for you. :lol:

OK. If we're going to pick 3 players, I pick:

Gazgolf
Jaster
Jarro

8)

Grunt
19th November 2005, 09:48 AM
Is there a book running? Can we make any money on this? Would be good to earn some money for hoing :D

drunken
19th November 2005, 09:59 AM
I'll back myself for the back half of the field :lol:

Flowergirl
19th November 2005, 10:07 AM
I reckon I'm a shoe-in to win the Womens Vetran Title :shock: :D

AndyP
19th November 2005, 03:14 PM
With g69 not playing now, you are a very good chance.

jaster
19th November 2005, 04:11 PM

:smt042 :smt043 :smt043 :smt037 :smt038

Jarro
19th November 2005, 08:19 PM
I reckon I'm a shoe-in to win the Womens Vetran Title :shock:  :D

don't forget Blake-the-blouse is still in the field :wink:

markTHEblake
19th November 2005, 08:33 PM
I reckon I'm a shoe-in to win the Womens Vetran Title :shock:  :D

don't forget Blake-the-blouse is still in the field  :wink:

what did you say OLD man?

Courty
19th November 2005, 10:10 PM
BTW Courty has Buckleys' chance of winning.  He's not coming.

:cry:

Is Peter_RS playing? He would be one of my picks.
Tezza is a dark horse.
I need sme help in deciding between Jarbiggesttyrekickerintheworldro and Blakey :? :roll:

terryand
19th November 2005, 10:25 PM
Tezza will be that horse in the Melboure Cup you ask about a week later, "has he finished yet" :oops:

My Friday and Saturday nights are shaping up to be very big or in other terms,golf killers :?

But hey I've had my but kicked by many a seedy player in the past,so who knows :cry:

As long as I don't embarrass myself on Saturday night and Sunday, a good weekend will have been had :wink:

Terry.

markTHEblake
19th November 2005, 10:50 PM
The only way Tezza can win this is if he is allowed to use his new secret club code name "Mccullough" 8)

I'm favourite to be leading after the 1st round with 41 points, cos I aint playing in the afternoon (Murphys Law).  Chances are though, I wont finish last ;-)

Jarro
20th November 2005, 05:15 AM
Gaz is the best each way bet of all time.

i hope you're not referring to his sexuality :wink:

cazandpaul
20th November 2005, 07:55 AM
Flowergirl :shock: , Onewood 8) and Jarro :? .

Moe Norman
21st November 2005, 01:01 PM
i recently went out to 7 but have played solidly in social games, look out for the no-name player gents.

Flowergirl
21st November 2005, 01:41 PM
Flowergirl :shock: , Onewood 8)  and Jarro :? .

So why Flowergirl with a :shock: ?????

cazandpaul
21st November 2005, 05:26 PM
Because you are going to shock :shock: everyone when you kick butt :D

Onewood
21st November 2005, 09:25 PM
Shavey
AndyP and

Nudgee.... :lol: hahahahahahahaha :lol: (I've been drinkin again) :wink: :D

I think the weekend will be the winner 8)

Jarro
22nd November 2005, 05:41 AM
i think that's a fair call Kev :wink:

shavey
22nd November 2005, 08:41 PM
There you go... finally hitting some form and Kev puts the kiss of death on me :)

Thanks mate...

Look forward to catching up during the first round and to finally meet Trung. I can finally see for myself if the rumours are true :)

Trung
23rd November 2005, 06:00 PM
Look forward to catching up during the first round and to finally meet Trung.  I can finally see for myself if the rumours are true :)

:shock:

What the? I met you at North Lakes :wink:

Jarro
23rd November 2005, 06:06 PM
seems like you made quite an impression mate :lol:

jaster
23rd November 2005, 06:22 PM
LOL..Trungy forgotten..never!!!

Trung
23rd November 2005, 07:29 PM
Look forward to catching up during the first round and to finally meet Trung.  I can finally see for myself if the rumours are true :)

rumours? :shock: :shock:

what have I done now? :shock: :shock: :shock:

Trung
23rd November 2005, 07:36 PM
Smart punters put all yor $$$ on me..

I'm due for a few good rounds. :twisted:

Grunt
23rd November 2005, 07:56 PM
What odds are you Trung?

Trung
24th November 2005, 12:15 AM
3/1 Grant...

Grunt
24th November 2005, 06:12 AM
Need better than that. I want at least 6/1 after last weekends form :wink:

3oneday
24th November 2005, 07:20 AM
3/1 Grant...depends on whether you can nobble the rest of the field again 8) :lol:

BrisVegas
24th November 2005, 01:23 PM
GOLD COAST
Saturday ... Shower, possible thunderstorm MAX 28
Sunday ... Shower, possible thunderstorm MAX 28

Rain, rain, go away, come again some other day.

Any noted mud-runners in the field? :lol:

drunken
24th November 2005, 07:44 PM
I'll put my hand up to play well in the wet :lol:

markTHEblake
25th November 2005, 06:35 PM
You'll need to recalculate the betting sheet. I am now going to play 36 holes 8)

AndyP
25th November 2005, 06:37 PM
You'll need to recalculate the betting sheet. I am now going to play 36 holes 8)
I thought you had changed your registration in the other thread. Lucky Vas joined in or I would have cancelled another cart.

jaster
25th November 2005, 06:38 PM

Gee what a big surprise :roll: :lol:

markTHEblake
25th November 2005, 06:43 PM
You'll need to recalculate the betting sheet.  I am now going to play 36 holes  8)

Gee what a big surprise  :roll:  :lol:

not true what your thinking.   I had to move heaven and earth to get out of other committments sunday arvo, and only just got it sorted out a couple of hours ago.

jaster
25th November 2005, 07:31 PM
Just pulling your leg blakey...personally for me Dion's Gross victory would have been very hollow feeling without you in the field :wink:

BrisVegas
28th November 2005, 01:43 PM
Did anyone else get a bet on the big spaniard busting out of his pants in the morning round??? :lol: :lol: :lol:

Somehow macleod had inside mail on this one and cleaned up to the tune of $50.... :shock: :shock:

What does this all mean? Are people actually betting on wardrobe malfunctions now???? It's gone too far people! What's next?..... What odds on a bird attacking a non-golfing cart-buddy??? :shock:

AndyP
28th November 2005, 02:01 PM
What's the story with the pants busting?  First I've heard of it.

Iain
Eag's
Gaz

I'll chuck 990B's name in there as an afterthought.  I just reckon he's a burglar and protects his handicap for OZgolf days.
I didn't do too badly with the tipping. 
Who was to know Eag's stomach was so weak, and Iain would break world golfing records of the bad kind the day before the Champs.

jaster
28th November 2005, 04:38 PM
What's the story with the pants busting? First I've heard of it.

4th Tee in the morning, winding up for one of his trademark drives, rrriiiippppp...brand new shorts from the day before :lol: I honestly thought he was just loosening the bowels :shock:

Courty
28th November 2005, 05:02 PM
http://www.free-smileys.org/emo/sf/oops.gif
:smt081 :smt082 :smt044 :smt043 :smt042 :mrgreen:

jaster
28th November 2005, 05:28 PM
aahhaha...well done dicky!!! :lol: I had that view for 14 holes :oops: :wink: