PDA

View Full Version : Fake Seller back in action

3oneday
18th November 2005, 04:27 PM
http://cgi.ebay.com.au/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=7197031988&rd=1&sspagename=STRK%3AMEWA%3AIT&rd=1

Supply from China must have slowed down, but now back and flying along nicely. Must be nice to have so much cash that you can sell "GENUINE" 2 ball blades in 24 hour auctions !!!! :P

If the price is too good to be true.... it probably is :x :x

Pete

Jarro
18th November 2005, 09:34 PM
thanks for the tip-off 3fakesellersfoundinoneday :wink:

Good to see our regular Ebay cop is back in action 8)

Matt 3 Jab
22nd November 2005, 08:40 AM
how can you tell?? like ok it looks a bit dodgy with the hosel style but otherwise whats wrong with it?

3oneday
22nd November 2005, 09:16 AM
how can you tell?? like ok it looks a bit dodgy with the hosel style but otherwise whats wrong with it?stock photos are usually pretty good Matt :wink:

Have a look at the sellers feedback !!! oh, hang on, you can't, he's made it private !!! He made it private when the word copy started to appear in either negatives or neutrals he was getting earlier this year. I have him saved as a favourite so I can see when he lists again !!!

Another giveaway, depending on how you judge pricing, is the ability to sell Odyssey putters on one day auctions. It's easy to do when you get them for $20 each :shock: :x :x

Pete

Jono
23rd November 2005, 10:15 PM
Pete,

Is there anything we can do to stop this guy? He is passing them off as genuine, and people are falling for it. Doesn't Ebay have some obligation to keep this kind of fraud off their site? I've sent him a PM asking them if they are fakes, but I doubt that's going to achieve anything. I don't think having a conscience is his priority. Can we report him to ebay?

This kind of thing really pi$$es me off. :evil:

3oneday
23rd November 2005, 10:54 PM
Pete,

Is there anything we can do to stop this guy?  He is passing them off as genuine, and people are falling for it.  Doesn't Ebay have some obligation to keep this kind of fraud off their site?  I've sent him a PM asking them if they are fakes, but I doubt that's going to achieve anything.  I don't think having a conscience is his priority.  Can we report him to ebay?

This kind of thing really pi$$es me off.  :evil:Jono, he has been selling for over 12 months. When he made his feedback private it already had fakes etc showing. Ebay, whilst it is against their rules, only care if the brand owner reports it.

I sent an email to Callaway AGAIN over the weekend about it, they replied that they would forward it to such and such, etc etc.

As someone suggested to me this week, maybe the OEM companies don't mind that people are selling fakes on ebay, it gives ebay a bad name and supports the push for using "their" distributors :wink:

If one were a cynic one may think that were true...... :oops: