PDA

View Full Version : Mission hills China

GSP
19th March 2013, 10:16 PM
Anyone played here? Thinking of heading over, club has reciprocal arrangement. Courses look stunning just curious as to location amd getting around etc... Accommodation etc...

Thanks lads for any responses

petethepilot
19th March 2013, 11:11 PM
What club are you a member of? My club (royal hobart) has a recip with them as we'll!

GSP
20th March 2013, 07:10 AM
Sanctuary Lakes

PerryGroves
20th March 2013, 08:21 AM
GSP,

I have been there a few times, generally just stayed one night on the weekend (its a big day trip from HK island) not much goes on out there. If you are under 30 and can't live without Facebook staying in China is not the go.

Are you travelling with wife, the lads or other? Staying in HK or somewhere else?

I am a hard marker on golf courses, I think the ones I have played, Norman (tough), Faldo, Olazabal and one other are OK and the general consensus with a few boys is that they are glad they went but wouldn't be in a rush to get back. This could be more about money/quality trade off and time of year. That said there are limited options in HK to play golf (unless PTP is in town) and the complex out there is massive and impressive, 2000 or more caddies.

Plenty of info on the website on how to get there, if in HK try and organise the shuttle from Central to the main car park on the HK side or get a driver to take you, unlike Australia both options are relatively inexpensive. You will need a Chinese visa, get it before you leave Aust. the consulate in Wan Chai is annoyingly slow and you will waste a day.

http://www.ozgolf.net/showthread.php/20288-Mission-Hills-China?highlight=hills. There are more threads but I can't locate them.

Monsta
20th March 2013, 08:22 AM
I went there a couple of years ago and loved it. Played at Shenzhen and Dongguan. The courses are spectacular, resort is better than 5 star...

Best golf trip ever...

Marto65
20th March 2013, 08:32 AM
My wife and I went to Mission Hills Haikou in January. Had a great time .... would do it again, but there are other frontiers to explore.

markTHEblake
20th March 2013, 08:45 AM
What I hear from guys that have played all over is that the courses are good everywhere so consider the other factors too.

GSP
20th March 2013, 11:16 AM
Where is the best place to fly to? Hong Kong?

PerryGroves
20th March 2013, 11:58 AM
Where is the best place to fly to? Hong Kong?

Yes mate, one of the worlds great cities IMO, stay on the island, go up to Mission Hills for a couple of days. Shenzhen is a toilet with cheap shopping (apparently, not my go)

No idea on your budget but I stay here http://www.shama.com/hongkong.aspx, either mid levels (bars, restaurants, LKF, gweilos) or Causeway Bay (walk to Happy Valley, shops, less gweilos)

TS
20th March 2013, 09:06 PM
GSP. if you are only going to play Mission Hills, I suggest you stay in the hotel on site. I prefer the courses in Dong Guan, I find them more interesting. Mission Hills provide transport from Huanggang crossing to the golf course.

GSP
21st March 2013, 06:02 PM
I got an email from Mission Hills and the transfers cost is $200 each way. Seems a little steep...

Bruce Dickinson
21st March 2013, 06:18 PM
I got an email from Mission Hills and the transfers cost is $200 each way. Seems a little steep...
we did it three years ago and it was around $100 one way for two of us, it takes about an hour from the airport in Hong Kong and includes them making sure the border crossing is sorted

TS
21st March 2013, 08:49 PM
we did it three years ago and it was around $100 one way for two of us, it takes about an hour from the airport in Hong Kong and includes them making sure the border crossing is sorted

Is that from Hong Kong, it is reasonable if it is from HK.

We normally hire a car & driver and it is around $400 per day.

GSP
21st March 2013, 09:35 PM
Is that from Hong Kong, it is reasonable if it is from HK.We normally hire a car & driver and it is around $400 per day. Ok excellent thanks mate