PDA

View Full Version : Free Game Offer at Shellharbour Links

jimandr
17th November 2005, 09:46 PM
NSW members of the NRMA should NOT throw away their copy of the Open Road magazine without reading it (as I often do).

Mine arrived in my mailbox today. With the main magazine is a 16 page extra called 'Traveller".

In the middle of this rag is two pages of discount vouchers. Most of the usual discount suspects are there, like the Reptile Park, Luna Park and the Powerhouse Museum. Buried on page 9 at the top is a cut out voucher for Shellharbour Links.

It says, Member Offer: one free game at Shellharbour Links (offer expires 31 Mar 06. Cart Hire not included). Terms and conditions apply.

While this seems too good to be true, and the terms and conditions must include some restrictions, many of my NSW colleagues would be looking to get back at this course after it humbled us in September 04.

I'm keeping my voucher. It may get used, one way or another, before 31 March 06.

shavey
20th December 2005, 01:51 AM
I'm sorry but I wouldn't play that course again if they paid me. :evil:

After several discussions with others, it looks as though I'm not alone..

Check out my unfavourable review...

http://ozgolf.net/forum/viewtopic.php?t=2752

Grunt
20th December 2005, 07:06 AM
Shavey,

I agree it was not a good first impression when we all went there as part of an ISG Day. I saw in your review about the front to back greens. How about the bunkers all exactly the same :shock: all face the tee no matter where on the hole they are, they are like they had a machine that cuts the same hole in the ground every time. Hopefully it has been improved since we played there in Sept 04

Jim, I recieved a free game voucher as part of prizes at Mac Grange last week. Maybe ShellHarbour could be the next NSW Stroke Day as getting onto the course on Saturdays does not seem to be a problem.

Golfgirl
28th December 2005, 11:25 AM
As far as I'm aware, the course hasn't improved much since we were all there last..... and I don't think you'll have any troubles getting on - most people seem to try it once and then head for greener pastures.

I did hear a rumour that some of the greens were going to be reshaped, but I don't think that it has happened as yet, no doubt due to the idiots running the show. :roll: