PDA

View Full Version : Cricket: Aust v WI, 2nd Test, Hobart

AndyP
17th November 2005, 11:40 AM
Hodge, Symonds, MacGill in. Katich, Watson, Bracken (unlucky) out.

Aussies off to a good start, with Windies at 2/49 at lunch, plus Gayle has retired hurt with a heart problem. Can anyone else shed some more light on this?

Lara seems to be trying to bat himself into form, with 6 from 42 balls.

Is Symonds bowling offies or medium?

Looks like it could be another one sided test.

Ducky
17th November 2005, 11:55 AM
I would like to see Lara score some runs.

Bruce
17th November 2005, 02:46 PM
Does 13 count as 'some' Ducky?

Symonds has been bowling seam up today.

Magilla has 3/10 right now and the Windies look a rabble. Chose to bat on a good pitch and have limped to 8/130. Pathetic. This will be over by Saturday morning and the Aussies will bat once.

Jarro
17th November 2005, 02:50 PM
be all over in 3 days i reckon

AndyP
17th November 2005, 02:56 PM
They said Warney had some injury doubts yesterday, and his bowling figures today aren't looking too flash.
Is he bowling with an injury that is affecting him or did he get caught in a Gayle onslaught?

raidrboy
17th November 2005, 02:59 PM
What about McGrath's figures. 3/20 of 19 overs talk about being mean. Warne doesn't look fit I think he maybe should have pulled out of this match just to be sure his back is okay for the rest of the summer.

AndyP
18th November 2005, 04:10 PM
0/194 after passing the WI total of 149.
What a rout!

Is Hodge going to get to bat in his debut?

The rain will have thrown out some of the finishing day predictions. They might get a fourth day now.

Pinglauncher
18th November 2005, 04:32 PM
0 / 216 with centuries to both openers.

The Windies are an absolute DISGRACE :evil:

Grunt
18th November 2005, 05:53 PM
I hope they bat for 2 days and give the tassies a display, they don't get a test that often and finishing in 3 days might be a bit of a shame for the paying public.

Bruce
20th November 2005, 07:01 PM
The Aussie middle order is still shaky. Golden-boy needs some time to sort things out at Shield level.

The weather intervention plus some test level batting from Bravo and Ramdin will make Australia bat on the last day. They will still most likely get thrashed but at least they made a decent attempt after their disgraceful first day.

shazza_rs
20th November 2005, 07:41 PM
Good to see the windies dragged the test out to the fifth day.

Jarro
20th November 2005, 07:50 PM
 Golden-boy needs some time to sort things out at Shield level.

i agree.  I think he needs to re-evaluate his approach to playing Test cricket at the highest level. He obviously wants to keep his natural game flowing with all the shotmaking and flambouyant shit ... but when your natural tendancies fail to let you score many runs ... you have to look deeper and find a way to make some runs.

Beacause at the end of the day, that's why you're there.

Hopefully he can sort himself out because i believe he is a huge talent, and obviously is the future of Australian cricket.

AndyP
20th November 2005, 07:53 PM
Ponting got dropped early on in his career and it hasn't hurt him.
Time to give the same kick up the bum to Clarke.

Jarro
20th November 2005, 08:00 PM
so what do you do with Hussey :smt017

Langer is due back for the next test .... so does Hussey keep his place in the team, and get dropped down the order :?:

I'd like to see him keep his place.

AndyP
20th November 2005, 08:15 PM
so what do you do with Hussey :smt017
Clarke out, Langer in.
Hussey and Hodge keep their spots.

raidrboy
20th November 2005, 08:15 PM
Clarke should be sent back to the Pura Cup team, Langer back in and Hussey drop down the list, but somehow I do not think that is the way it will go. If the selectors are true to form I would watch for the name Hodge to be missing from the 3rd test although I hope not.

BrisWesty
20th November 2005, 08:44 PM
3rd test
Hayden
Langer
Ponting
Hodge (well batted)
Hussey
Symonds (bowling not up to 1st change)
Gilchrist
Warne
Lee
McGrath
MacGill

12th Bracken

Alternatively Bracken in for Symonds, and Gilchrist to bat at 6 in Adelaide.

Clarke back to Pura Cup (except for the fact he's from NSW, so we'd better delete Hodge instead) :roll:

Moe Norman
21st November 2005, 12:57 PM
anyone understand why Watson bats 7 when he's in the test side and Symonds bats 6?

yet when playing for QLD Watson bats 4 and Symonds bats 5...

AndyP
21st November 2005, 03:27 PM
All wrapped with just the one wicket down.

Now the third test.....
Bye, bye, Future Boy
http://content-aus.cricinfo.com/australia/content/story/226615.html

Grunt
21st November 2005, 07:01 PM
How good was it watching Bravo play yesterday? I found it really good to watch him and the keeper bat with real common sense, keep out the good balls but punish the bad ones to the fence. I think the older guys in the team could take a good look at them. The 3rd test might be a bit different if the West Indian bowlers can pick up their game. I think Cricket is in good form if the Windies are in form, Calypso cricket is just about the best to watch of them all.

Jarro
21st November 2005, 07:52 PM
BRING BACK KASPA

cazandpaul
22nd November 2005, 09:16 AM
Only if he can take the Gabba greentop with him.

Moe Norman
22nd November 2005, 11:21 AM
Bravo was refreshing, though I'm sure Lara couldm produce a score if the umpires weren't so keen to see the back of him.

A comitted walker for 10 years given out caught behind on a dubious decision is beyond a joke.

BrisWesty
22nd November 2005, 12:06 PM
I think Lara has had a number of dodgy decisions given against him this time around.

Both Bravo and Ramdin played within themselves and did an excellent job. Kept the good balls out, treated the bad balls how they should be treated.

It seems many of the players have forgotten that a 5 day test should involve potentially 450 overs, because they keep playing it at almost a one-day rate. Whatever happened to building an innings? Look how Hayden has got his groove back since slowing down a little.

Moe Norman
22nd November 2005, 12:13 PM
hayden got his groove back going back to facing sub standard attacks!

Bruce
22nd November 2005, 12:18 PM
Hayden is back to his FTB best.

Grunt
22nd November 2005, 12:42 PM
Is it me or does it look like Ponting doesn't repect either Symonds or Watson as test bowlers? He hardly used both of them in the 1st 2 tests.

3oneday
22nd November 2005, 12:58 PM
Is it me or does it look like Ponting doesn't repect either Symonds or Watson as test bowlers? cause they aren't !!! :wink:

Bring back Marto !!!!!!!!!! he had the same run of luck Lara is having !!!

:lol: :lol:

Grunt
22nd November 2005, 12:59 PM
I agree get rid of Symonds, can't believe he will see either Bracken or Macgill not play this week.

BrisWesty
22nd November 2005, 02:53 PM
Bring back the Bic.

7/54 and 80 something vs the Vics, and then there's Kasper with an 8 for ...

Grunt
22nd November 2005, 04:26 PM
Sorry Briswesty but I really think Bichel & Kasper are gone now. not sure if that is a good thing but it is a done deal. Everytime they have needed a back up bowler neither has been mentioned, younger guys have been called up.