PDA

View Full Version : For Sale: Mint Nike Covert Tour Head + HC + Adaptor + Wrench

nudgee
10th March 2013, 07:49 PM
Bough this head off JC and tried it up against my Callaway Xtreme but the Xtreme gave me better result - maybe due to shaft in Xtreme better suited for my swing maybe not. Anyway up for sale again. I will say the adaptor thingie on this head is amazing so many loft combos and head bias - shift it to 8.5 for windy dry days - shift it to 10.5 or more loft for maximum carry.

Hit maybe 12 times and in absolute mint condition. Bought it from JC for $300+postage - selling for $270+postage. Stick your favourite shaft in this baby and not the crap Kuro Kage stockie it comes with.

Could not be bothered doing photos - it is in absolute mint condition and if you don't agree and are not happy, I will refund money.

PeteyD
10th March 2013, 08:21 PM
crap I just bought one of the new Cobras.

nudgee
10th March 2013, 08:30 PM
This one is now sold

ddasey
10th March 2013, 08:33 PM
Wow

I haven't even had a chance to hit mine and you have bought and sold one :shock:

HCC
10th March 2013, 08:56 PM
Damn how did I miss this thread! I wanted one! Put a stinger in there this thing will singgggg.

nudgee
10th March 2013, 08:58 PM
Damn how did I miss this thread! I wanted one! Put a stinger in there this thing will singgggg.

Mate you have way too many drivers already - this not JDM ;-)

J

HCC
10th March 2013, 09:33 PM
Mate you have way too many drivers already - this not JDM ;-) J But the techo on this intrigued me. Seriously Nike driver is one I would prefer over other usdm simply because I'm a tigers fan lol.

Iain
10th March 2013, 09:45 PM
Bugger.

Just an aside Jamie, how did the tour launch? Ridiculously low?

Hux
10th March 2013, 10:08 PM
Same launch as most things Jay hits. Fairly high.

He was off song today but reality is the Razer Extreme works better for him day to day from what I have seen.

nudgee
11th March 2013, 08:25 AM
Bugger.

Just an aside Jamie, how did the tour launch? Ridiculously low?

Don't be put off mate, it really isn't that low launching at all and don't forget that you can tweak this up all the way to 12.5

I had it at 9.5 and it was just fine.

Iain
11th March 2013, 08:47 AM
Don't be put off mate, it really isn't that low launching at all and don't forget that you can tweak this up all the way to 12.5

I had it at 9.5 and it was just fine.

I kind of figure that, but I will be putting a chuk in it.

supo67
11th March 2013, 12:10 PM
hey do i neeed to put of those plugs on the end of a shaft for this thing?
and if so once it is on, is it the end of that shaft . if i dont like it can i pull thats thing off.
i dont want to sacrifife a good shaft,,,,,,,,,

Captain Nemo
11th March 2013, 12:12 PM
If you bought this one, says it cames with adaptor...

supo67
11th March 2013, 12:28 PM
ok leem do some reearch on it .
was more concerned with puttign an adaptor on a shaft nad hten thats the end of the shaft ican only use it on that head.. thats my concern

Daves
11th March 2013, 12:33 PM
No different to other adaptors, you can remove them just like you remove a head and reuse the shaft.

grumpy
11th March 2013, 03:57 PM
Nudgee what shaft did you try in the covert mate, and are tips available yet.
g

Puji
11th March 2013, 04:03 PM
I really, really like the kurokage shaft.

Interesting.

Captain Nemo
11th March 2013, 04:11 PM
I really, really like the kurokage shaft.

Interesting.
Me too, albeit in a different head.

Puji
11th March 2013, 04:50 PM
I struggled a little at the start, but once I got used to the low spin and adjusted the head accordingly, boom!

I went from an 8.5* head to the 10.5 setting on the covert. I feel like the Covert Tour/KK combo needs clubhead speed.

nudgee
11th March 2013, 06:07 PM
Nudgee what shaft did you try in the covert mate, and are tips available yet.
g

I had a Matrix TP7HD Stiffie in it.

I have seen a tip or two on ebay but at this stage they aint cheap!! something like $85!

Croydo
11th March 2013, 07:20 PM
Golf works have the tips listed, but they are back ordered at the moments