PDA

View Full Version : Hunter Valley Special

AndyP
15th November 2005, 10:23 PM
Port Stephens 3 Play Pass

Play Nelson Bay GC, Horizons and Pacific Dunes for $135.

Conditions are that the rounds must be completed within 6 months from date of purchase, and it includes green fee only.

This sounds like a pretty good deal to me. Horizons and Pacific Dunes would be great to play, but I don't know anything about Nelson Bay.
Looking at their websites the minimum green fees you would pay now (for Mon-Thurs) is $35 + $74 +$49 = $158.

I found the deal in the ISG (Inside Social Golf) paper, which seemed to have mainly NSW stuff in it.

What do you Sydney-siders reckon?

drunken
16th November 2005, 07:15 AM
MMm...sounds good, I'm probably heading down that way to visit the reles soon as well..Although I can hopefully get on Horizons for zilch

Fishman Dan
16th November 2005, 07:48 AM
I reckon they are cashing in on the name Hunter Valley ;)

Sounds like a great deal though, Horizon's ran out of money, so i'm not sure about it's upkeep, but Pacific Dunes is meant to be pretty good. I guess Nelson Bay is just tagging along, but would make a nice trio.

Could be cheap accomodation anywhere from the Pt Stephens area to Newcastle.

miro
16th November 2005, 09:32 AM
Nelson Bay is a very sound track -don't discount it.

My concerns would be:

1. is this Mon - Fri only -if so its nothing special; and

2. doesn't include carts which probably cost an arm and a leg (horizons is one hell of a walk)

AndyP
16th November 2005, 09:39 AM
1. is this Mon - Fri only -if so its nothing special; and

No, it's available anyday.  The comparison prices I listed above were for weekdays and an introductory price at Pacific Dunes.

I stated the major restrictions of the deal above.

marcel
16th November 2005, 12:12 PM
AndyP,

deal sounds good, however if you're going up that way don't miss Newcastle (about $80 last time I was there), approx 20 min drive from Pacific (no)Dunes.

AndyP
16th November 2005, 12:19 PM
Unfortunately, I'm not going anywhere. It was a for your information post.

If I lived within a couple of hours, I'd be seriously tempted to spend a weekend in the area.

Grunt
16th November 2005, 02:23 PM
My home club punters club is going to have a weekend up there in march next year, not sure if the deal will be available then.

AndyP
16th November 2005, 02:50 PM
My home club punters club is going to have a weekend up there in march next year, not sure if the deal will be available then.
It's available to use for 6 months after date of purchase, so you could grab it now and it would still be valid.

Andrew
16th November 2005, 03:36 PM
I would have to agree with Marcel about Newcastle. If you are there you just have to play it.

BrisVegas
16th November 2005, 03:53 PM
I reckon we oughta organise a road trip to Newcastle & Pacific Dunes for 2006. Maybe thrown in horizons and Vintage for those who really want to play them too...

I've been wanting to play Newcastle for ages.

Trung
16th November 2005, 04:03 PM
come on down... :D

AndyP
16th November 2005, 04:24 PM
I reckon we oughta organise a road trip to Newcastle & Pacific Dunes for 2006.  Maybe thrown in horizons and Vintage for those who really want to play them too...

Feel free to start the thread, have the troops proclaim their interest, before people stop posting in the thread, noone goes anywhere and it never gets mentioned again.

It's the OZgolf way!

CobraSS
17th November 2005, 09:24 PM
:lol: