PDA

View Full Version : Weight foward

Shortylook
9th March 2013, 12:53 PM
I've had a bit of a search here but I couldn't find much. Are there any practice drills that you can do, to help make you get your weight foward and belt buckle point towards your target.

Webster
9th March 2013, 12:57 PM
Lean forward a bit.

markTHEblake
9th March 2013, 01:02 PM
I beleive there is a tennis coach on Ozgolf that could give some good advice!
although he seems reluctant to give it :-)

matty
9th March 2013, 01:16 PM
Is there a hcap limit on those able to give advice Shorty?

razaar
9th March 2013, 01:21 PM
I've had a bit of a search here but I couldn't find much. Are there any practice drills that you can do, to help make you get your weight foward and belt buckle point towards your target.
Side on on a treadmill at a slow pace.

Lagerlover
9th March 2013, 01:36 PM
Apologies on behalf of all the sensible ones on this forum.
I too have trouble with this. My advice is to wear your belt so that your buckle sits closer to your left hip. I also got the shoe repairer to fit a second sole to my right shoe.
Hope this helps.

Ferrins
9th March 2013, 02:35 PM
Throw a medicine ball a thousand times

mike
9th March 2013, 04:02 PM
What, just throw it anywhere?

virge666
9th March 2013, 04:07 PM
FFS.

google Gary Player step through drill

That is IMO the pick

Daves
9th March 2013, 04:08 PM
What, just throw it anywhere?

Like a swing, back swing and forward swing. The weight of the ball encourages/forces the correct weight transfer.

Shortylook
9th March 2013, 05:54 PM
Is there a hcap limit on those able to give advice Shorty?
No there isn't/wasn't mate, but from the replies I got already,I can only see more smart arse ones will turn up.

popper81
9th March 2013, 06:00 PM
No there isn't/wasn't mate, but from the replies I got already,I can only see more smart arse ones will turn up.

There is three pieces of valuable info in there, shorty.

Can you see them?

Shortylook
9th March 2013, 06:34 PM
There is three pieces of valuable info in there, shorty.

Can you see them?
Medicine ball and tennis thing. Ill have a go at medicine ball

popper81
9th March 2013, 06:40 PM
Medicine ball and tennis thing. Ill have a go at medicine ball

Ferris is the tennis coach... (Take it from someone that has done the medicine ball drill, it can cause more problems than help if not done correctly)

The Gary Player drill is G R E A T advice. Google is your friend.

Shortylook
9th March 2013, 06:47 PM
Ferris is the tennis coach... (Take it from someone that has done the medicine ball drill, it can cause more problems than help if not done correctly)

The Gary Player drill is G R E A T advice. Google is your friend.
Thank you

mike
9th March 2013, 07:03 PM
but from the replies I got already,I can only see more smart arse ones will turn up.No different to 102% of ozgolf threads.

Jarro
9th March 2013, 07:05 PM
No different to 102% of ozgolf threads.

That's impossible

mike
9th March 2013, 07:06 PM
Nothing's impossible.

virge666
9th March 2013, 10:54 PM
Thank you

Why are you thanking him ?

Shortylook
9th March 2013, 11:10 PM
Why are you thanking him ?
From what I understand he is saying be careful of the med ball thing, if i don't do it right, I might hurt myself. I thought it was good advice and knowing me ill put everything into it and rip/smash/break something on my old body. I had a look at the video too, but I think I'm better off just getting more lessons and playing more. IMO

razaar
10th March 2013, 06:00 AM
I saw a drill on the Golf Channel for shifting weight which is worth a try. The drill is to set up at address with the driver without a ball. Take a quarter backswing where the shaft is parallel to the ground. Make sure the weight shifts fully back to the inside of the instep of the trail leg. Following a slight pause, swing through to a full finish. This drill takes the arms out of the swing, placing the load on the lower body to power the swing. If the concentration is on the feet when doing this drill, it will become clear the important role the feet play in powering the golf swing.
Once you get familiar with this drill, try it with a ball in play.

Golfnut
10th March 2013, 05:05 PM
FFS. google Gary Player step through drillThat is IMO the pick Let me guess....."here & here"? Love how GP demonstrates things.

gazgolf1
10th March 2013, 07:56 PM
Play the ball off your left pinky toe (for rightys) if you can flush it you have transferred your weight successfully.