PDA

View Full Version : ACT People - Please help.

virge666
8th March 2013, 11:04 PM
Calling on anyone from our nations capital. I need your help.

My brother and I are doing a thing called the ShitBox Rally. More info here http://www.shitboxrally.com.au/

It is for the cancer council, but we have this problem... The car we have purchased is in the ACT, and has ACT registration. None of us have an ACT address. We need someone in the ACT to take ownership of the car until it is sold for charity in mid May.

The reason being is that for us to use the car, we have to transfer the rego... and in NSW, that will cost about $850 with a CTP. The car is only costing us $1000 as per the rules, so the extra admin cost is a no go. If we get someone in the ACT to take ownership - there is no other cost other than the 3rd party property insurance.

What is required.

We will take possession of the car
We will send you the rego papers. We need you to take it to your local RTA and transfer the car into your name.
We need you to get 3 months of 3rd party property insurance on the vehicle. All costs covered of course.
We need you to notify us when done and send us a copy of the papers.

it is all for a good cause - and we have raised about $4000 so far. We just need a little bit of charity from our resident from our nations capital.

If you are able to help - please drop me a PM.

Many thanks.

WBennett
8th March 2013, 11:21 PM
PM me. The wife may be cranky but if its a good cause then I may be able to help.
A few months ago I could have donated you a V6 widebody Camry....

3Puttpete
8th March 2013, 11:23 PM
I've got a body board I need to get to Bali if anyone's heading that way. Should be pretty easy to carry, it's in a bag.

Monsta
9th March 2013, 09:01 AM
I've got a body board I need to get to Bali if anyone's heading that way. Should be pretty easy to carry, it's in a bag.
Spud is going to Hong Kong later this year, I am sure you can work something out with him....

matty
9th March 2013, 11:12 AM
Make sure you have a good look around the seats, under dash, in the door panels, boot etc.

markTHEblake
9th March 2013, 01:04 PM
So you couldnt find a shitbox to purchase in Sydney?

markTHEblake
9th March 2013, 01:07 PM
Ha. a mate of mine drove that route on a holiday. He said that some of the towns between Ayers Rock and Perth, ie a black dot on the map, were nothing but a bunch of current year Toyota Landcruisers parked in a circle. They would have to stop at each one to get their permits checked.

virge666
9th March 2013, 04:22 PM
So you couldnt find a shitbox to purchase in Sydney?

1994 Toyota celica with 180000 Kim's on it.

All in good nick from a dealer with a 3 month warranty...

$1000

Hence the reason it is too good to pass up.

virge666
9th March 2013, 04:24 PM
PM me. The wife may be cranky but if its a good cause then I may be able to help.
A few months ago I could have donated you a V6 widebody Camry....

Champion !!!

Many many thanks. We will be sorting it out this week, getting it shipped to Sydney.

That has dead set made my day ! Cheers

idgolfguy
9th March 2013, 04:27 PM
Benno to the rescue again!

BenM
9th March 2013, 04:31 PM
Virge... No speeding tickets, Spud doesn't have many points left ;)

backintheswing
9th March 2013, 04:34 PM
So is this car a lemon or a spud?

virge666
9th March 2013, 05:12 PM
So is this car a lemon or a spud?

Will find out this week !!

It has to do Sydney to Adelaide to Ayers Rock to Freo

Will me even find out then ...

WBennett
9th March 2013, 08:10 PM
Virgo. No promises. I have no space and i have no spare time during tthe week. Let me know what is required and I will work out if I can make it happen. The wife gets the final say on it and she is not known for her cooperative prowess.