PDA

View Full Version : Week commencing 14th November

shazza_rs
15th November 2005, 03:05 PM
Played in an open medley at virginia this morning.

I had 42 points. (shot 87 gross/67 nett).

WOOHOOO!

AndyP
15th November 2005, 03:21 PM

WOOHOOO!
You are using up all of your good rounds before the Champs.

Well done.

Flowergirl
15th November 2005, 03:24 PM
Well done Shazza.........woo hoo!!!!! You're on fire there girl. :D

Virgal_Tracy
15th November 2005, 03:31 PM
Congrats on a great round. That will mean an 18 h'cap.

I am jealous as will others on the site.

Well played and give Peter hell

jaster
15th November 2005, 03:41 PM

WOOHOOO!

I tell ya...my pic for the champs ;)

shazza_rs
15th November 2005, 05:41 PM
My new hcp is 18.3..... Yeaha!

My 39 points at Riverlakes on saturday hasn't been updated yet so stay tuned for further reductions.... :D

Jarro
15th November 2005, 06:12 PM
good shootin Shazza :wink:

Eag's
15th November 2005, 07:39 PM
Hitting form at the right time Shazza 8)
C'mon Pete lift your game mate, Shazza is whipping you :P
Ok.... might be the wrong choice of words there :smt087 :wink:

peter_rs
15th November 2005, 08:15 PM
good work shazza :wink:

ok guys I played too today,

34 points. with 3x1 and 3 washes on in the last seven holes ( one wash on the front nine 22 points).

In the first 11 holes I had 5 birdies putts got the birdie on the 11th (last chance).

Dealing with a new driver and putter didn't play bad just fell apart in the end.  Almost had two air swings on the last (moved the ball by about a foot each time).  A bad back caught up with me, or I tanked to save my hcp for the champs :lol:  :oops: It was the back.... too much manual work. The irons worked well most of the day.

on another note I may be out for the champs my work wants me to work the weekend interstate.

on another note :wink: , played with a kid today that hit some huge drives at times he made me look short... the 7th was a 380m par 4 the kid was 50m of the front ( I was 80m out).  I have some work to do. :lol:

Grunt
16th November 2005, 08:05 PM
Played in the NSW Open Pro Am this morning. 32 points :?
Windiest day I have played in quite some time, wind was 2 clubs at times. Putted suberbly on Championship greens, nailed a few putts from over 20 feet :lol:

Full report in NSW Pro Am post in 1st tee thread.

Played with Tony Carolan (was in good form) He said to back him for a top four if he qualifies for the Aus Open.

Courty
16th November 2005, 09:00 PM
I played in the comp this arvo. Motivated to catch Trung in the MIP, I shot 40pts (75 gross). It was an indifferent start to the round, I think I was +2 after 7 holes, then shot birdie, EAGLE to finish the first (back) nine -1 and 22pts. The front wasn't fantastic, but I scraped in with 18 points.

Stats:
8/14 Effective tee shots
10/18 GIR
31 putts
2/3 sand saves

New all-time-lowest handicap (again) on the way. Should have been enough to get to 6! :twisted:

Courty
17th November 2005, 08:42 AM
New all-time-lowest handicap (again) on the way. Should have been enough to get to 6!  :twisted:

Update: the scores are in: new handicap is 6.4! :shock:

Jarro
17th November 2005, 11:06 AM
shootin' Courty :smt023

looks like you got Trung on the ropes 8)

mike
17th November 2005, 11:53 PM
Great stuff courty. 6.4 :shock:

What's your handicap goal ?

Courty
18th November 2005, 08:19 AM

Beat Trung!

No, seriously, the only goal I had this year was to stay on single figures. I honestly never thought I'd get to 6. :shock:
Gonna be difficult to maintain it. :?

Jarro
18th November 2005, 08:24 AM
what have you been doing right to be playing so well Courty :?:

what's your secret :smt017

Courty
18th November 2005, 08:29 AM
Mate, I can't really put my finger on it. I just go out to enjoy my golf and be confident in my game.

Playing twice a week helps, too. :wink:

I'm really getting benefit out of my new bag setup. The irons seem to be working really well for me.

Flowergirl
18th November 2005, 08:40 AM
Play Wed......foursomes. Gee thats a hard game. Really hard to get any rhythm going. We had a 10 on one hole :shock: Needless to say we weren't in the ball comp :oops:
Played at Rosebud Country Club yesterday. 27 hole Womens Comp. Had a horrible 1st nine - shot a 55 - :shock: After that I settled down and had a 45 and a 47.
I had the lowest gross in B grade but even though it was supposed to be seperate divisions for A and B - because they didn't get the numbers I missed out :(

Trung
18th November 2005, 08:50 AM

Beat Trung!

No, seriously, the only goal I had this year was to stay on single figures. I honestly never thought I'd get to 6.  :shock:

keep it at... I have one comp game left before the champs. :lol:

Jono
18th November 2005, 06:39 PM

Beat Trung!

No, seriously, the only goal I had this year was to stay on single figures. I honestly never thought I'd get to 6.  :shock:

Trung may be leading the MIP for this year, but I think you'd be way ahead in the last 2 years. If my memory serves me correctly, you were in the running for last year's title as well? What's been the handicap reduction over the last 2 years? 100%?

Courty
18th November 2005, 09:12 PM
Trung may be leading the MIP for this year, but I think you'd be way ahead in the last 2 years.  If my memory serves me correctly, you were in the running for last year's title as well?  What's been the handicap reduction over the last 2 years?  100%?

According to golflink, 2 years ago I was on 11.3. That blew out to 11.9 before the downwards slide started....
That's a 47% improvement... :shock:

drunken
19th November 2005, 05:56 AM
Had a wonderful 31 points yesterday. Jekyl played the first nine & brought in 9 points. Hyde come out on the back & had 22 points including two missed short putts. Got the NTP on the 14th; pure 7 iron from 142m to 26cm.

Flowergirl
19th November 2005, 08:25 AM
Jekyl and Hyde :D I like that. Can I use that please? :D

Playing in the second round of the Mixed Foursomes this afternoon. Playing with a lovely young man with the cutest buns. Makes walking up the long hills at my home course behind him most pleasant :D Who cares how he plays :wink:

Grunt
19th November 2005, 09:57 AM
Hey Drunken
You & I must be sharing Jeckyl & Hyde. I get Hyde on the front nine before Jeckyl ruins my round on the back nine.

Trung
19th November 2005, 12:53 PM
33 points today (21+12) 8)

Courty
19th November 2005, 04:19 PM
Although it was a 4BBB today, I think the handicpper might have a look at me as I was on the card 14 times. I shot -3 on the back 9 (3 birds/ 6 pars) for 23pts and +2 on the front (1 bird/ 2 bogies/ 6 pars) for a 20 pts and a 1 under 71.  :shock:

My partner in the 4ball also played well, as we combined for 49 pts. Unfortunately, it was not enough for the win. There was already a 51 in by the time we finished.

The most outstanding stat of the day was the 11 putts on the first (back) 9.  :shock:  I then backed it up with 14 putts on the front for a total of 25 putts for the round.

Man, it seemed so easy out there. I could have easily shot in the 60's today. In fact, I'm kicking myself over a few mental lapses that would have seen that dream become a reality.

jaster
19th November 2005, 05:05 PM
:shock: WOW mate...your playing well!! Keep it up 8)

shazza_rs
19th November 2005, 06:44 PM
Played at riverlakes today.

Shot a great 28 points. :oops: (11 and 17) Had a run in with too many enviromentally sensitive areas.... (bloody joke if you ask me). :x

Hope tomorrow goes better. I don't usually have two bad rounds in a row. Here's hoping anyways.

Bruce
19th November 2005, 09:12 PM
I had a time in lieu day on Friday and so squeezed in 9 at Royal Altona.

Walked off with 45 (10 over) and was dissappointed. This 26hcp I drag around is starting to bug me a bit but looking at the calendar I have just one more potential comp round for 2005 and even that might get scrubbed.

Geez it was blowing a gale. The sole par 5 is fairly short at 450m but I flew my second through the back with a 7I.

I would rate it one of my best days with the flat stick at only 16 putts and no 3-jacks. Just wish one or two more might have dropped.

It was the first time out with the vokey I got off Miro and apart from 1 horrible skull I was very happy with it.

I gotta find a way to get more TIME to play golf.

AndyP
20th November 2005, 06:03 AM
I gotta find a way to get more TIME to play golf.
Yep, it would be nice to see that handicap move in any direction, Bruce.
But don't worry, A-Lo hasn't got to 18 yet anyway.

Courty
20th November 2005, 09:45 AM
Although it was a 4BBB today, I think the handicpper might have a look at me as I was on the card 14 times. I shot -3 on the back 9 (3 birds/ 6 pars) for 23pts and +2 on the front (1 bird/ 2 bogies/ 6 pars) for a 20 pts and a 1 under 71.  :shock:

He got me. New handicap is 5.6 :shock:

Pinglauncher
20th November 2005, 03:39 PM
38 points for me today in a bit of a comeback. 2 rounds in 10 weeks and it was good to get the full 18 in :)

Nathan (Ping Jnr) had 41 points so it was a good day for the Ping boys.

shazza_rs
20th November 2005, 05:47 PM
Played at McLeod today. Bloody hot! 54/44 - 98/80

First outing for the new driver. Had the hooks on the first nine we played for a well deserved 54 (with mercy 10)..... :oops: Almost enough to make me walk off after nine and have a well deserved beer in the bar.

Got it going on the last nine to have a better 44 (with mercy 10).

3 birdies for the day (all in a row, within 2 feet of the pin) :shock:

Didn't actually play as bad as the score suggests.

AndyP
20th November 2005, 07:45 PM
3 birdies for the day (all in a row, within 2 feet of the pin) :shock:
I can verify two of those, as I was in the last group picking up the pin markers. The holes weren't that short either.
Saw Shaz smoke a drive on the 9th (our last) too.

Nice hitting, Shaz.

jimandr
20th November 2005, 09:47 PM
A fairly pleasing 36 points today. I played quite well but a very cold putter stopped a really good score. The real story is about my playing partners.

Fairways: 12 of 14
GIR: 13 of 18
Putts: 36 :cry: 3 three putts (in a row :cry: ) no birdies
Up and Down: 2 of 3
Sand Saves: 1 of 2.

On the second nine I hit 8 of 9 GIR and shot 4 over. Says everything doesn't it. I just had no feel for the long putts, and I had a lot of 'em.

My partners were a guy off 6 who hit it 260, a guy off 8 who hit it 270, and a guy off scratch who hit it 270. Some will know this guy as NSW Team Member and former winner of the reality TV show "The Cut" Justin Roach, who was 5 under after 7 holes. After that his putter cooled off, but he still shot 5 under off the stick. As far as I can recall, this is the best round statistically that I've ever been in the same group with.

It was quite intimidating having all three of them knock it 50m past my best drives, and 90m past a couple of scrubby ones.

AndyP
21st November 2005, 12:50 PM
20/11/2005, McLeod GC, Hackers Social Group

Not sure what to make of this round. The score (95) makes it look really bad, but I'm not sure how bad I actually played. I don't know the indexes on the holes, but I think I still would have got 30 stableford points or more.

Used the driver for the first time in ages, and it went OK. There wasn't any drives I was real happy with, but there weren't any real shockers (well, there was one, but it was a par 5 that I birdied anyway).

Think I need to go to the range this week, as I'm not feeling totally comfortable over the ball, and seem to be pulling the irons left a fair bit.
Chipping was ordinary, and the putting was pretty good, but they just wouldn't drop for me.

1 birdie.
5 pars.
6 bogeys.
3 doubles.
3 others.
Score 49-46-95 nett 83 (Par 34-37-71)

peter_rs
21st November 2005, 01:16 PM
River Lakes Sat-
Single Stab 32 points with 7 washes.

lost my cool and did some dumb things like on the 7th 5 wood at a 300m dog leg right (only 250 as the crow flys), water carry 200-270m (hit a draw :oops: landed on the green and bounced off into the water).

putting is getting better- all most feel happy over the ball. The irons are looking good but could not hit a drive.

McLeod GC Sun-
Nett 60

Had a lucky day and missed all the big trouble. no OB I have averaged at least 2 OB or waters a round in recent history.

Hit some nice shots and sank some putts even a couple of long one putts.

Hit some monster drivers on a short course. nearly drove some of the shorter par 4s. On the par 5s hit drive of 300+ in the right fairway - 3rd (PW in)and 9th (near the top of the second hill) only 2 fairway :oops: but its a short course so it does hurt as much.

the new putter length & style (take the break out of short putts) is starting to work.

only had one birdie but didn't have the blow out holes. worse was a double on the last.

working on using a pre shot routine every time (well most) I think its working.

Looked at the tweed courses last night for the first time could be interesting if my driver fires (or I blow out early :twisted: :wink: ) there was a lot of 280-330m par4 which look like you could have a go at :lol: (sorry to the group in front, before hand :? ) (Lucky the first round is stab :lol: ).

BrisVegas
21st November 2005, 01:26 PM
Looked at the tweed courses last night for the first time could be interesting if my driver fires (or I blow out early  :twisted: :wink: ) there was a lot of 280-330m par4 which look like you could have a go at :lol:

Have you played Coolangatta Tweed before ? I've only played it twice, but from memory, the really short holes had some serious sh!t that comes into play, like water hazards and dense woods etc. A couple of the tee shots force you to hit out of a "tunnel" to get to the proper landing area.

There are plenty of longer, open holes too where you can blaze away, but i don't there are too many short par 4's where this is a smart play. :wink: Unless..... you work on your high, soft, 280m carry, backspinning fade!!! :lol:

Flowergirl
21st November 2005, 01:38 PM
Played the second round of the mixed foursomes on Saturday. Boy - what an ordeal :shock: My poor partner lost four balls off the tee which meant I had to go and hit off the mens tees. I felt sorry for him cos he was so mad at himself for "letting me down" - but hey - that's what foursomes are all about.
We had a pretty dismal score - but I was happy how I hit the ball most the time.

Well done to you guys above - wow......some great golf happening there :D

peter_rs
21st November 2005, 01:42 PM
I'm glad you said smart play.... I have been working on course management but after a night on the drink the only smart play could be staying in bed :wink:

Thats my stock shot when I use one of my LD clubs with a XX and don't go after it. I could swap clubs at half way if the morning is a write off, and conditions are OK.

Eag's
21st November 2005, 04:24 PM
Nice shooting at Mcleod Peter :smt023 makes a big difference when you hole a few putts :wink:

Iain
21st November 2005, 05:52 PM
There are plenty of longer, open holes too where you can blaze away, but i don't there are too many short par 4's where this is a smart play. :wink: Unless..... you work on your high, soft, 280m carry, backspinning fade!!! :lol:

There's the problem Vegas, Smart play, he's got no idea what it means??

Do you Petey? :P :P

Iain