PDA

View Full Version : Monthly Mug Profile - March 2013 - Monsta65

Courty
6th March 2013, 04:39 PM
As a part of Popper81's State vs. State Challenge, each Monthly Mug winner will get a Q&A thread so we can learn more about them.

March 2013 Monthly Mug: Monsta65

http://i.imgur.com/KkKeWYH.jpg

Username: monsta65

Home club: Gungahlin Lakes GC. Canberra ACT.

How often do you play? Never miss playing Saturday, Sunday and every second Wednesday (weather permitting and not too hungover).

Current handicap: 14

Lowest ever handicap: 11

Dream handicap: high single figures is where I am aiming.

How long have you played golf? Played a few years in Orange before moving to Canberra, had a break for 12 years while I raised my son, have been back playing for a bit over 2 1/2 years now.

How did you catch the golfing bug? I started as a caddy for my grandfather and used to grab a club and chip waiting at the tee. Actually started out as a lefty as my gramps was a lefty, but soon woke up to myself and started standing on the correct side of the ball.

What's currently in your bag? I have Ping Anser driver, ping i20 irons and a Scotty Newport select 2.6.

What golf ball do you use? Prov1.

Dream golf purchase: As my driver, irons and putter are all recent purchases the only thing I can think of is a Golf Skate Caddy (as shown in Bens thread).

Favourite golf course played? St Andrews beach at the Vic Champs was a great course, but it is hard to go past any of the courses at Mission Hills Resort in China, probably the Faldo course.

Dream golf destination or trip? Besides going to Mission Hills again, I think playing at Augusta.

If you could pick three others, dead or alive, to play a round with, who would they be? Jack Nicklaus, Michael Jordan and the greatest golfer EVER Kim Jong-Il.

If you could pick three OZgolfers to play a round with, who would they be? Dotty, Lagerlover and Yoss (funniest guys on the site).

Favourite golf memory? Playing in a 4ball with my grandfather aged 13 at Canowindra golf club and winning with 51points.

Have you ever had a hole in one? If yes talk us through it. Unfortunately haven't had one yet, closest is on the 11th at Duntryleague in Orange, ball landed inside the hole, hit top of plastic cup and kicked out (its a bugger to repair pitch mark inside the hole).

Most embarrasing golf moment? Punching a 7 iron out of the Pine trees at Wentworth GC in Orange, hit tree square in centre, hit forehead square in centre.

Favourite current Tour player: "the Big Easy" Ernie Els.

Favourite golfer past or present? Why? "The Golden Bear" Jack Nicklaus. IMO he is and always will be the best golfer ever to play the game.

Favourite Australian Golfer: Adam Scott.

LeftyHoges
6th March 2013, 04:54 PM
Brilliant idea whoever came up with this and some great answers there Kev!

mudrat
6th March 2013, 05:05 PM
Great idea, good to get an insight into other members on the site.

sms316
6th March 2013, 05:09 PM
Good stuff Monsta. Amazing how you can come across like a good bloke online.

BenM
6th March 2013, 05:17 PM
Great answers Monsta - what a legend. Do we open the thread up for Q&A now? I want to ask about tanning products ;)

Lucasto23
6th March 2013, 06:05 PM
Monsta is oh natural

muldude
6th March 2013, 06:07 PM
Shoulda gotta autograph from him in feb ;-) great idea this bio thing

Monsta
6th March 2013, 06:48 PM
Brilliant idea whoever came up with this and some great answers there Kev!
Thanks Lefty, Poppers idea (one of the few good things to come out of him)

Good stuff Monsta. Amazing how you can come across like a good bloke online.
As opposed to you SMS :mrgreen:

Great answers Monsta - what a legend. Do we open the thread up for Q&A now? I want to ask about tanning products ;)
Little bit of wee came out when I read this, Good one Ben

Monsta is oh natural
Thanks Lucas, you only saying that cause you saw the colour of my ass at the Vic Champs?

Shoulda gotta autograph from him in feb ;-) great idea this bio thing
Not too late muldude, send be a box of Prov1's and I will sign them for you....

Lagerlover
6th March 2013, 07:31 PM
Dotty may be flattered by your invitation, but there is no way you'll be playing around with me pal !!

timah!
6th March 2013, 07:59 PM
What were you doing in your pocket before this photo was taken?

Lagerlover
6th March 2013, 08:03 PM
What were you doing in your pocket before this photo was taken? .. he's gone the fumble.

Yossarian
6th March 2013, 08:07 PM
You do me great honour.

Monsta
6th March 2013, 08:15 PM
Dotty may be flattered by your invitation, but there is no way you'll be playing around with me pal !!
After all I have heard Lager, I am disappoint :smt087

What were you doing in your pocket before this photo was taken?
Thats the cloth for cleaning my "balls"......

You do me great honour.
Welcome back Yoss, missed your wit while you were gone.....

popper81
6th March 2013, 08:17 PM
Good job, Kev. Great answers!

Monsta
6th March 2013, 08:19 PM
Good job, Kev. Great answers!

Thanks Popper, fantastic idea mate..=D>

Dotty
6th March 2013, 08:21 PM
I'm flattered.

He only included you, as a special treat for Yossarian.

matty
6th March 2013, 09:33 PM
We may have to steal the idea for the monthly winner of the new Sydney games being played each month.

You all might understand what makes Dotty tick.

BenM
6th March 2013, 09:36 PM
Little bit of wee came out when I read this, Good one Ben

OK, in that case I need to ask about tanning products AND incontinence products.

Not that I need the latter yet, but it never hurts to be prepared.

Monsta
7th March 2013, 08:27 AM
We may have to steal the idea for the monthly winner of the new Sydney games being played each month.

You all might understand what makes Dotty tick.

Dont think anyone could understand what makes Dotty tick....... Sigmund Freud maybe, but not us mere mortals

popper81
7th March 2013, 08:32 AM
I am shocked it wasn't me, Spud & Lucas in the ideal group. I should have worded the question differently. Dream ozgolf foursome, or is it a case of been there, done that.

Lagerlover
7th March 2013, 08:40 AM
I am shocked it wasn't me, Spud & Lucas in the ideal group. I should have worded the question differently. Dream ozgolf foursome, or is it a case of been there, done that. Tosser

popper81
7th March 2013, 08:41 AM
Tosser

Gravy train.

Lagerlover
Dont think anyone could understand what makes Dotty tick....... Sigmund Freud maybe, but not us mere mortals haha

Lagerlover
Gravy train. Vaseline fingers

golfbound
7th March 2013, 08:54 AM
What a top idea.... Should make it weekly so you can cover more people

LeftyHoges
7th March 2013, 09:19 AM
What a top idea.... Should make it weekly so you can cover more people

It's a privilege to be profiled, not a right! :lol:

popper81
7th March 2013, 09:22 AM
It's a privilege to be profiled, not a right! :lol:

Exactly!

Maybe, over time we will include other winners.... Not.

AndyP
7th March 2013, 09:56 AM
Since its a nett event, I expect to only see B and C graders getting profile threads.

popper81
7th March 2013, 10:03 AM
Since its a nett event, I expect to only see B and C graders getting profile threads.

I can assure you that people that only play golf once ever two months will struggle.

sms316
7th March 2013, 10:05 AM
Since its a nett event, I expect to only see B and C graders getting profile threads. We'll hear from you in August then.

golfbound
7th March 2013, 10:25 AM
SHould do it for everyone its interesting.

Monsta
7th March 2013, 10:31 AM
I am shocked it wasn't me, Spud & Lucas in the ideal group. I should have worded the question differently. Dream ozgolf foursome, or is it a case of been there, done that.

I have had the "honour" of playing with both you and Lucas, Popper (cherished memories or freakish nightmares, still trying to decide :lol:) as for Spud, he has to beg to get into our Sat group occasionally......

Lagerlover
7th March 2013, 10:36 AM
Monsta,

I just received a PM from a beatboxing uni student, I won't tell you who, suggesting the only reason you included me on the list was to have someone to laugh at, not with.

Please tell me this is not the case.

popper81
7th March 2013, 10:39 AM
I have had the "honour" of playing with both you and Lucas, Popper (cherished memories or freakish nightmares, still trying to decide :lol:) as for Spud, he has to beg to get into our Sat group occasionally......

That was Saturday... I think the following titles fit :

A Nightmare on andigold's balcony
Children of the Hoges
A day of the Living Lefty,

or my fav......

Silence of the Carrots.

popper81
7th March 2013, 10:40 AM
Monsta,

I just received a PM from a beatboxing uni student, I won't tell you who, suggesting the only reason you included me on the list was to have someone to laugh at, not with.

I didn't send this.... Even if it is true.

Lagerlover
7th March 2013, 10:45 AM
I didn't send this.... Even if it is true.

You're not the only youtube rap sensation living on a golf course in the Logan shire.... Mind you, I'm struggling to think of the other one.

Dotty
7th March 2013, 10:48 AM
You're not the only youtube rap sensation living on a golf course in the Logan shire.... Mind you, I'm struggling to think of the other one.
I'm pretty sure the rapping granny from The Wedding Singer would now live on a golf course in Logan shire.

Monsta
7th March 2013, 11:24 AM
Monsta,

Lager,

If I can play 18 holes of golf with the likes of Pooper, Spud and Lefty without laughing my ass off, I am sure that you will be fine. I will only laught at your jokes (out loud)

sms316
7th March 2013, 12:06 PM
Lager,If I can play 18 holes of golf with the likes of Pooper, Spud and Lefty without laughing my ass off, I am sure that you will be fine. I will only laught at your jokes (out loud) You just want to play with Lager so you can laugh at shanks.

Lagerlover
7th March 2013, 12:11 PM
You just want to play with Lager so you can laugh at shanks.

Sharks aren't funny!

Have you not seen JAWS!... or Rugby League Week