PDA

View Full Version : How much is good service worth?

rubin
5th March 2013, 09:59 PM
Went into a store today looking a set of new irons, mizzi mp63's to be precise (sorry Hocko).

Anyway, was about 90% ready to pull the trigger before I got served by one of the older blokes in there. Fully expecting a 'no sorry, don't carry em' when I asked if they had any with x100's, my 90% readiness to buy was turned into a contemplating never going their again by the rude, arrogant and entirely unhelpful salesperson. I have had bad service their before, and believe in second chances, but this takes the cake.

FWIW, the 63's are currently at 599, brand new, with s300's, 3-Pw. Saving $400 over the 64's.

For that much in savings, would you swallow your pride and reconsider, or stick to your guns?

hocko
5th March 2013, 10:01 PM
You don't play S3's so why buy clubs that don't suit. Golfpox I assume?

PeteyD
5th March 2013, 10:02 PM
Swallow your pride. you have no idea what might have happened to the bloke just before.

Shadesy
5th March 2013, 10:04 PM
Swallow your pride. you have no idea what might have happened to the bloke just before.

Disagree. Don't care what has happened to him, he is there to do a job and service is number one.

Shop around. Most places will price match if you ask them nicely Rubes.

hocko
5th March 2013, 10:05 PM
I disagree, the guy is paid to help golfers and sell his merchandise. Who cares what just happened. If it was seriously bad, then go home and work it out!

rubin
5th March 2013, 10:07 PM
You don't play S3's so why buy clubs that don't suit. Golfpox I assume?

U assume correctly. East Perth store. Miles being the muppet in question.

On a side note, had a squiz at the new one in booragoon - it's huge, and two of the guys were quite helpful.

Maybe, but when I was in retail, everyone got the same treatment, whether they were spending $1000, $100 or $10. Given how poor retail is in WA, I would have thought good service might help them.....

PerryGroves
5th March 2013, 10:07 PM
As I have no expectations when I walk into one of these shops I am never disappointed. Given you know what you want, I don't really get your reasoning.

hocko
5th March 2013, 10:13 PM

On a side note, had a squiz at the new one in booragoon - it's huge, and two of the guys were quite helpful.

Maybe, but when I was in retail, everyone got the same treatment, whether they were spending $1000, $100 or $10. Given how poor retail is in WA, I would have thought good service might help them.....

The guys at Golfbox in Booragoon, one in particular used to own Brooksies. Probably the best golf store for service ever! That rubs off now that Golfbox own said store.

PeteyD
5th March 2013, 10:15 PM
History of shit is no excuse, and it sounds like you guys have issues with golf box. Maybe he knows you? and thinks you are a tyre kicker?

Yossarian
5th March 2013, 10:21 PM
History of shit is no excuse, and it sounds like you guys have issues with golf box. Maybe he knows you? and thinks you are a tyre kicker?

Most of the golfing public has issues with them. Tyrekickers are part and parcel of such a job, no excuse for shit service.

PeteyD
5th March 2013, 10:23 PM
What evil has this bloke actually done?

Yossarian
5th March 2013, 10:24 PM
Cast aspersions about rubes swing speed by the sound of it.

idgolfguy
5th March 2013, 10:25 PM
Never had an issue with Miles. Always stops for a chat and is happy for me browse and try...

Always helpful and have done free stuff at times.

rubin
5th March 2013, 10:52 PM
Far from it, more so when a customer asks a simple question, they don't expect to get a fairly hostile response and made to sound like a fool. Asking if they had the same club in x flex was not a stupid question.

TheNuclearOne
5th March 2013, 11:03 PM
Out of interest did he question your choice of iron category?

rubin
5th March 2013, 11:06 PM
Out of interest did he question your choice of iron category?

No, nor handicap, golfing history or anything else.

TheNuclearOne
5th March 2013, 11:09 PM
Ok. Just rude overall then.

idgolfguy
5th March 2013, 11:10 PM
Far from it, more so when a customer asks a simple question, they don't expect to get a fairly hostile response and made to sound like a fool. Asking if they had the same club in x flex was not a stupid question.
Sorry to hear. They are probably used to the way I do business.

adlo
5th March 2013, 11:18 PM
Went into a store today looking a set of new irons, mizzi mp63's to be precise (sorry Hocko).

Anyway, was about 90% ready to pull the trigger before I got served by one of the older blokes in there. Fully expecting a 'no sorry, don't carry em' when I asked if they had any with x100's, my 90% readiness to buy was turned into a contemplating never going their again by the rude, arrogant and entirely unhelpful salesperson. I have had bad service their before, and believe in second chances, but this takes the cake.

FWIW, the 63's are currently at 599, brand new, with s300's, 3-Pw. Saving $400 over the 64's.

For that much in savings, would you swallow your pride and reconsider, or stick to your guns?

If you speak the way you write, I am going to have to side with Miles.

rubin
5th March 2013, 11:23 PM
If you speak the way you write, I am going to have to side with Miles.

Cause I value ur opinion.

hocko
5th March 2013, 11:23 PM
Is that all you've got Adlo? ;)

adlo
5th March 2013, 11:28 PM
Cause I value ur opinion.
It is a shame you don't that realise no one values yours.

But here we are.

rubin
5th March 2013, 11:35 PM
Yet you continue to reply to my posts.....

adlo
5th March 2013, 11:38 PM
See, this is where your fairytale ends.

If someone replies to your post, it does not imply value or care. Yet this is how you perceive it.
You no doubt go to work and tell everyone about what you and your "mates" got up to last night (online).

You are the cum stain on the WAnker sheets that just will not go away.

hocko
5th March 2013, 11:41 PM
See, this is where your fairytale ends.

If someone replies to your post, it does not imply value or care. Yet this is how you perceive it.
You no doubt go to work and tell everyone about what you and your "mates" got up to last night (online).

Shit! I didn't see that coming?

simmsy
5th March 2013, 11:43 PM
Have to side with Rubin here. The guy in question is a tool. Had big problems with him a cpl of years ago when a cway dvr of mine broke.
It took the manager from cway in Melbourne to chat with him to tell him he was wrong and sort it out as I had asked him to.

Surprised they still had 63's available. But like Hocko said why buy them when you know you have to change out the shafts, unless you have some shafts lying around.

timah!
5th March 2013, 11:43 PM

More WAnker gold. Good to see.

Anyway, as for service, it can mean everything or it can mean nothing.
If you know what you want, then who cares? If you we're someone looking for advice or an opinion, then good service means a lot.

rubin
5th March 2013, 11:45 PM
Have to side with Rubin here. The guy in question is a tool. Had big problems with him a cpl of years ago when a cway dvr of mine broke.
It took the manager from cway in Melbourne to chat with him to tell him he was wrong and sort it out as I had asked him to.

Surprised they still had 63's available. But like Hocko said why buy them when you know you have to change out the shafts, unless you have some shafts lying around.

599 for the clubs plus changing the shafts will still be cheaper than buying 64's brand new, just as an example.

simmsy
5th March 2013, 11:48 PM
Who's changing the shafts?
It will cost you about $250 for tour fit to do them.

You can buy the 64 for that price delivered.

hocko
5th March 2013, 11:51 PM
Go in there and ask for tour concept shafts. No idea. They haven't heard of Crazy shafts either. They are there to sell their OEM products.

Golfnut
5th March 2013, 11:52 PM
599 for the clubs plus changing the shafts will still be cheaper than buying 64's brand new, just as an example. How much cheaper? Did you hit the 64's? You might like them better and you'll be able to order them with the correct shafts (read not have to mess around with reshafting which has a higher cost than just club building + shafts alone) The 63's sound like they're the last few sets and are priced accordingly as old stock.

Golfnut
5th March 2013, 11:53 PM
Who's changing the shafts?It will cost you about $250 for tour fit to do them. You can buy the 64 for that price delivered. Old man stole my thunder....:(

hocko
5th March 2013, 11:53 PM
It's all about price isn't it John? At least at a store you can touch, feel and hit them

simmsy
5th March 2013, 11:56 PM
$750 del with x100 - mp64

Golfnut
5th March 2013, 11:57 PM
It's all about price isn't it John? At least at a store you can touch, feel and hit them I was thinking more that the difference between 63's & 64's is going to fairly minimal at a guess so it could be all about price at the end of the day.

simmsy
5th March 2013, 11:59 PM
They are very similar to hit.
The 64 look sexier IMO. Everything else is pretty similar.

hocko
5th March 2013, 11:59 PM
PRGR's with tour concept X100's were offered, much better IMO. $300 cheaper too!

Ashes
6th March 2013, 12:01 AM
They are very similar to hit.
The 64 look sexier IMO. Everything else is pretty similar.

Sexier?

simmsy
6th March 2013, 12:04 AM
You bought Cobra Carbons. You have no place in here.

Ashes
6th March 2013, 12:05 AM
Bought and sold without putting them to use..

simmsy
6th March 2013, 12:06 AM
Rubes, won't get better deal than these:

Golfnut
6th March 2013, 12:06 AM
You bought Cobra Carbons. You have no place in here. :lol:Just when we all thought you two were getting all chummy......BAM.

wizard_of_oz
6th March 2013, 12:16 AM
Agreed that East Perth golfbox has the worst service and the rudest and most unhelpful staff. I don't buy from there out of principle. Just go to the Booragoon store if you really want to get the clubs. Better still, Newman and Brooks will probably price match and the manager and staff there are much nicer.

Ashes
6th March 2013, 12:19 AM
I'd flag em all and buy online for cheaper..

Cosmopolite
6th March 2013, 12:21 AM
Never had an issue with Miles. Always stops for a chat and is happy for me browse and try...

Always helpful and have done free stuff at times.

same here

Jackson
6th March 2013, 12:21 AM
Have only shopped at the Balcatta Golfbox but the lady there has always been great. Nothings too much trouble and always happy for me to have a hit of any clubs I'm looking at. Bought my irons/hybrid/putter/fairway and bag there the first time I went in which may have something to do with always getting good service.

Golfnut
6th March 2013, 12:23 AM
Have only shopped at the Balcatta Golfbox but the lady there has always been great. Nothings too much trouble and always happy for me to have a hit of any clubs I'm looking at. Bought my irons/hybrid/putter/fairway and bag there the first time I went in which may have something to do with always getting good service. The way all Boxgolf's should be.

bergsey
6th March 2013, 12:30 AM
Have only shopped at the Balcatta Golfbox but the lady there has always been great. Nothings too much trouble and always happy for me to have a hit of any clubs I'm looking at. Bought my irons/hybrid/putter/fairway and bag there the first time I went in which may have something to do with always getting good service.

They've been pretty good to me there as well. I dont think they get as many tyre kickers as the East Perth store....

I'm not excusing poor service as i think it is all attitude at the end of the day but it must get annoying to waste a lot of time with people who have no intention of purchasing. Unfortunately they are out there and would think nothing of wasting hours of peoples time. Poor form and we all pay for it. On the other hand the pricing differential on apparel etc is massive compared to online. How does a dri-fit shirt cost $100 here and $40 from major stores in the US....

Jackson
6th March 2013, 12:33 AM
Yeah, don't understand the clothing costs here. You can get Adidas Climacool shirts delivered from the UK for $25 and pants for $40. Yet the same products are $50 and $90 here.

idgolfguy
6th March 2013, 02:02 AM
I still buy some of my stuff from East Perth. I don't mind paying a little more as I can see it and return if need be. I've probably bought 6 sets through them since 2001 - all blades. Not many considering the time.

I'm also quite happy to trade the kit in on new gear as I know I can get a good price plus discount out of it. I don't get the same level of service at the other stores. Relationship thing I suppose.

Then again I'm don't tyre kick much. As on OzGolf, I don't lowball either. If the asking price is too high I don't bother buying.

I'm not defending East Perth as I know the customer is always right.

muldude
6th March 2013, 06:25 AM
I have 64's and have compared them up against a mates 63's, bugger all difference apart from the shape of the muscle thingy on the back. but mine are all shiney and stuff :-)

matty
6th March 2013, 06:40 AM
With Rubes on this. No excuse for bad service. As someone said doesn't matter if it's $10 or a $1000. Thing is, the store isn't just losing a potential sale of Rubes, they're losing dozens as he won't go back, then losing more still because he tells others.

There's a Golfmart near where I work in the city. I go in every three weeks or so to get out of the office and have a tyre kick. About every 5 visits I'll buy something. The welcome and service is good everytime. Not friggin hard.

meh
6th March 2013, 07:07 AM
I had the opposite happen yesterday. Played a resort course yesterday and the manager was so helpful and friendly. They had some razr extreme fairway demos there and I was chatting about them and the guy gave me the keys to a cart and said go to the range and hit it. After the round he was putting out some tm demos of the rbz stage 2. Was still in the plastic and he did the same thing. He didn't have any to buy but there was no pressure at all. Ended up buying a shirt and will probably go through him to get the tm fairway, even though I can get it cheaper elsewhere.

sms316
6th March 2013, 07:11 AM
You are the cum stain on the WAnker sheets that just will not go away. aldo the enforcer. :lol:

Ned
6th March 2013, 07:16 AM
aldo the enforcer. :lol:

NCII Wankers pairing opportunity?....

BayBum
6th March 2013, 07:56 AM
Golf box east perth...

I was told by Adams that I could order Fast12 LS adapters through golf box so I went in to ask them. Firstly,the guy had never heard of an Adams Fast12 LS & to top it off,he leaves a note for the manager that read "Adams Fast 12 Ellis" LOL. FFS,seriously ?!

Ferrins
6th March 2013, 08:52 AM
You should not expect good service unless your a 2 marker or better. Also you would be very limited in your capablity to ascertain the quality of the advice given.

LeftyHoges
6th March 2013, 09:54 AM
You should not expect good service unless your a 2 marker or better.

Dammit, I'm so close....

TourFit
6th March 2013, 10:40 AM
Most golf shops would know you by reputation though Lefty...they'd all know the potential for repair opprtunities.

LeftyHoges
6th March 2013, 10:43 AM
Most golf shops would know you by reputation though Lefty...they'd all know the potential for repair opprtunities.

They DID love me, until I started doing my own repairs! :lol:

Webster
6th March 2013, 12:24 PM
Rubin, what exacly are you upset about with the golf shop??

Ferrins
6th March 2013, 12:35 PM
He wanted golf clubs plus sensation.

rubin
6th March 2013, 12:36 PM
Rubin, what exacly are you upset about with the golf shop??

this:

....... when a customer asks a simple question, they don't expect to get a fairly hostile response and made to sound like a fool. Asking if they had the same club in x flex was not a stupid question.

sms316
6th March 2013, 12:45 PM
It might not be a stupid question, but it was a question that would be highly unlikely to ever get a positive response.

Webster
6th March 2013, 12:49 PM
What was the "hostile reponse" Rubin, what exactly did this bloke say?

popper81
6th March 2013, 01:04 PM
I've worked in customer service for many years. I've mastered hostile sarcasm, with out actually saying anything wrong. That alone is an art. Customers are *****! Sales staff are *****!

Does it matter what they guy actually said? Seems Rubin wanted to spend money, and now hasn't, due to his feelings around the transaction.

sms316
6th March 2013, 01:26 PM
After reading this thread I'm beginning to think that golfer69 was right when he posted this.

http://www.ozgolf.net/showthread.php/2574-Stink-section? (http://www.ozgolf.net/showthread.php/2574-Stink-section?highlight)

Now that Goughy has nicked off can we start it up?

rubin
6th March 2013, 01:31 PM
It might not be a stupid question, but it was a question that would be highly unlikely to ever get a positive response.

I know its not likely that they will have them in stock, but I also know that people order things and never pay for them or pick them up, stock gets misallocated etc, etc. Plus that, it never hurts to ask the question.

What was the "hostile reponse" Rubin, what exactly did this bloke say?

As im sure you would know well, on top of what was said, its how someone says it that also makes the difference. I'm not going to try and quote what he said, because i'd probably mis-quote him anyway.

I've worked in customer service for many years. I've mastered hostile sarcasm, with out actually saying anything wrong. That alone is an art. Customers are *****! Sales staff are *****!

Does it matter what they guy actually said? Seems Rubin wanted to spend money, and now hasn't, due to his feelings around the transaction.

This, in a nutshell.

I also worked in retail for around 7/8 years or so, and know how annoying tyre kickers were, but I also knew that when someone walks in and asks about a specific product, in a certain way, they aren't there to waste your time.

At the end of the day, I won't be going back there again. Drummond (here in Perth anyway) offer far better service overall if I need to try etc, as well as all the on course shops etc......

Webster
6th March 2013, 01:33 PM
As im sure you would know well, on top of what was said, its how someone says it that also makes the difference. I'm not going to try and quote what he said, because i'd probably mis-quote him anyway.

Rubin, just give me the gist of it then, so you dont have to quote him. I'm here to help you. If you let me.

rubin
6th March 2013, 01:43 PM
paraphrasing here:
- what do u need to play x flex shafts for - normal stiff shafts will be fine.
- Your kidding yourself if you think you need x-stiff.
- we'll order them for you, but your wasting your money

As i said before, this is all with no question of ability, handicap etc, or without seeing me hit a single ball.

Webster
6th March 2013, 02:10 PM
I haven't seen you hit a ball Rubin (no homo) but have you been using X flex for a while? Remind me again of your handicap and driver swing speed?

This bloke does sound like a bit of a dill though.

I have had no faith in retail golf shops since the early 90's when they replaced the broken X100 shaft in my TM Burner plus with an R300 that they tipped three inches and plugged in the butt (more no homo). Ruined a full season of amatuer golf for me when I couldn't work out why the driver wouldn't work properly (eventually the butt extender become loose and gave the charade away)

rubin
6th March 2013, 02:22 PM
I haven't seen you hit a ball Rubin (no homo) but have you been using X flex for a while? Remind me again of your handicap and driver swing speed?

This bloke does sound like a bit of a dill though.

I have had no faith in retail golf shops since the early 90's when they replaced the broken X100 shaft in my TM Burner plus with an R300 that they tipped three inches and plugged in the butt (more no homo). Ruined a full season of amatuer golf for me when I couldn't work out why the driver wouldn't work properly (eventually the butt extender become loose and gave the charade away)

yep, been using x for a while, 2 different fitters have agreed with what I have (Tourfit being one of them) and i don't think any of the WAnkers would disagree.

wizard_of_oz
6th March 2013, 02:25 PM
Think you are missing the point Jack. Customer should get what he asks for, and being condescending and belittling their abilities by making assumptions is just plain rude. Say a different scenario, you walk into a car dealer and ask if they have the new Holden in red and manual drive. Car salesman says, yeah we can order it in for you, but why would you want it anyway? It looks rubbish and only girls like red cars, and you don't look like you know how to drive a manual car. I'd say something along the lines of go eff yourself.

LeftyHoges
6th March 2013, 02:26 PM

I've seen him hit a ball Jack. Well suited to X flex IMHO.

Webster
6th March 2013, 02:37 PM
If Lefty says you can handle extra stiff then that's good enough for me Rubin.

Did you give this bloke serve or just walk out? I would have done something sneaky like take a dump in the hole on the practice putting green when he wasn't looking.

rubin
6th March 2013, 02:45 PM
I was tempted to, but I don't think he would have given a shit, so i would have been wasting my breath.

I was considering writing a letter etc, but at the end of the day, nothing is likely to happen from it, and it would be a waste of my time.

Ashes
6th March 2013, 02:49 PM
I would have done something sneaky like take a dump in the hole on the practice putting green when he wasn't looking.

Respect.

hocko
6th March 2013, 03:51 PM
I might show this to the guys at Golfpox Booragoon.

Ashes
6th March 2013, 04:15 PM

Do it. They've given me the shits that much over the years that I'm struggling to bring myself to spend a $100 voucher I have for there.

Golfnut
6th March 2013, 05:25 PM
Do it. They've given me the shits that much over the years that I'm struggling to bring myself to spend a $100 voucher I have for there. I'm the same, $60 voucher gathering dust in the study because I can't be arsed dealing pricks.

Yossarian
6th March 2013, 05:26 PM
You bitches can give me the vouchers if you like.

LeftyHoges
6th March 2013, 05:27 PM
I'm the same, $60 voucher gathering dust in the study because I can't be arsed dealing pricks.

Do it. They've given me the shits that much over the years that I'm struggling to bring myself to spend a $100 voucher I have for there.

Are they vouchers you can use online too? That would mean no dealing with people...

TourFit
6th March 2013, 05:29 PM
yep, been using x for a while, 2 different fitters have agreed with what I have (Tourfit being one of them) and i don't think any of the WAnkers would disagree.

If Lefty says you can handle extra stiff then that's good enough for me Rubin.

WTF am I , Jack?

I will make sure I go to Lefty for my next set then...:roll:

rubin
6th March 2013, 05:30 PM

direct them to it. it would appear that (with the exception of TantricGolfGuy) nobody gets great service from them.

rubin
6th March 2013, 05:31 PM
WTF am I , Jack?

You are no longer Tourfit.

will you be changing your name to Jeepfit?

Golfnut
6th March 2013, 05:31 PM
WTF am I , Jack?I will make sure I go to Lefty for my next set then...:roll: Less sooky sooky, more packy packy 'Fit.

Webster
6th March 2013, 05:36 PM
WTF am I , Jack?

Sorry Fit, but you WA boys are so nasty to each other that I don't take much notice of what you say anymore.

Johnny Canuck
6th March 2013, 05:38 PM
Is Miles about 40-45, solid build, 6foot ish?

rubin
6th March 2013, 05:39 PM
Is Miles about 40-45, solid build, 6foot ish?

roughly. probably a bit taller than 6, around your height maybe a bit shorter.

Golfnut
6th March 2013, 05:45 PM
6 footish then?

hocko
6th March 2013, 05:45 PM
WTF am I , Jack?

Car salesman?

idgolfguy
6th March 2013, 05:58 PM
The more expansive one.

idgolfguy
6th March 2013, 05:59 PM
I'm the same, $60 voucher gathering dust in the study because I can't be arsed dealing pricks.
It's $60. You going to spend more than that?

Bruce Dickinson
6th March 2013, 06:35 PM
Yeah, don't understand the clothing costs here. You can get Adidas Climacool shirts delivered from the UK for $25 and pants for $40. Yet the same products are $50 and $90 here.
the cost price from Adidas Golf to the supplier is more than $25

Golfnut
6th March 2013, 06:37 PM
It's $60. You going to spend more than that? Yeah.

Johnny Canuck
6th March 2013, 07:19 PM
roughly. probably a bit taller than 6, around your height maybe a bit shorter. That would be him. He is hands down the biggest tosser I have ever met in a golf shop in my life.

Lobsta
6th March 2013, 07:33 PM
I would have done something sneaky like take a dump in the hole on the practice putting green when he wasn't looking.
How is that sneaky?

TheNuclearOne
6th March 2013, 07:37 PM
How is that sneaky?

Because it was when he wasn't looking.

hocko
6th March 2013, 08:12 PM
That would be him. He is hands down the biggest tosser I have ever met in a golf shop in my life.
I have met a shed load of tossers in golf shops but most of them are on the same side of the counter as me.

rubin
6th March 2013, 08:14 PM
I have met a shed load of tossers in golf shops but most of them are on the same side of the counter as me.

:smt039;)

hocko
6th March 2013, 08:14 PM
I WAS on your side you know!

Cosmopolite
6th March 2013, 08:15 PM
well all you ozgolfers with vouchers gathering dust, I will be happy to go shopping with them this week at golf box if you dont want them.
Their car park sale is on.

Yossarian
6th March 2013, 08:17 PM
I've already dibbsed them cosmo.

rubin
6th March 2013, 08:18 PM
I WAS on your side you know!

of the argument or the counter? :D

Just pulling the piss mate. Didn't want you to feel like the only tosser on that side of the counter.

hocko
6th March 2013, 08:18 PM
Dibbsed? I must google it.

Cosmopolite
6th March 2013, 08:21 PM
I've already dibbsed them cosmo.

:smt087

damn, I need a golf travel bag

muldude
6th March 2013, 08:26 PM
:smt087

damn, I need a golf travel bag

Wear the last one out jules ? Haha

Deano

Hatchman
6th March 2013, 08:50 PM
I was tempted to, but I don't think he would have given a shit, so i would have been wasting my breath.

I was considering writing a letter etc, but at the end of the day, nothing is likely to happen from it, and it would be a waste of my time.

You should still write a letter of complaint to the management of the store/chain or even both.
Just be factual and leave the emotion out of it.
Retail stores need to know about poor customer service or they can't do anything to address it.

There is a distinct culture about not notifying those in charge of businesses about poor customer service in this country, hence why it is quite poor compared to other countries.
Nothing will change unless the customers make a noise about it. I must add it needs to be done in the correct manner too be taken seriously.

TourFit
6th March 2013, 11:25 PM
You are no longer Tourfit.

will you be changing your name to Jeepfit?

I am likely still gonna do it...just in a more condensed timeframe, on my terms, and by appointment.

Sorry Fit, but you WA boys are so nasty to each other that I don't take much notice of what you say anymore.

What's that got to do with clubfitting?

Car salesman?

Yep.

I haven't completely wiped my brain of all clubfitting stuff (yet!). I have room for more information & learning, I am NOT Victorian

Cosmopolite
6th March 2013, 11:29 PM
Wear the last one out jules ? Haha

Deano

need a lighter one Deano, on wheels...............

virge666
7th March 2013, 11:41 AM
$180 for a half hour.

Clevo89
7th March 2013, 11:51 AM
well all you ozgolfers with vouchers gathering dust, I will be happy to go shopping with them this week at golf box if you dont want them.
Their car park sale is on.

What are the car park sales like? Any good deals?

Mububban
7th March 2013, 12:00 PM

Ha, as soon as someone mentioned GB I immediately thought of East Perth. Is Miles by any chance the sort of big burly looking guy that follows you around like he expects you to steal something? I've been in that store exactly twice, was disgusted with his attitude, so they'll never get a dollar of my money.

Edit - just checked their site, yep Myles the Muppet is exactly the guy I was thinking of. What a rude tosser.

Yossarian
7th March 2013, 12:01 PM
Not particularly. Some balls are cheap, some marked down clothing, some ok deals on clubs but nothing amazing.

Mububban
7th March 2013, 12:04 PM
That would be him. He is hands down the biggest tosser I have ever met in a golf shop in my life.

Hahaha, seems he's made the same impression on everyone who visits the store. Amazed he still has a job.

wizard_of_oz
7th March 2013, 01:48 PM
Not particularly. Some balls are cheap, some marked down clothing, some ok deals on clubs but nothing amazing.

Yeah, big bright signs saying discounted, but most of the time, it's the same price they normally have...

idgolfguy
7th March 2013, 04:21 PM
The sales are usually usually shop-soiled, superseded and used equipment.

I have seen the same apply to Drummond and most other stores. You would get the same deal regardless on those products.

IHall
7th March 2013, 05:03 PM
Just been to the golfbox car park sale, nothing special at all. Same old cheap balls and old season shirts.

Mububban
7th March 2013, 11:51 PM
Went into a store today looking a set of new irons, mizzi mp63's to be precise.....FWIW, the 63's are currently at 599, brand new, with s300's, 3-Pw. Saving $400 over the 64's.

For what it's worth, I would still shop at a store with one bad salesman to secure a real bargain, IF the others are good, and the dickhead is not the boss, AND you make sure someone else puts it through the cash register so they get the sales credit and the knobhead doesn't get anywhere near the sale.

Lobsta
7th March 2013, 11:57 PM
$180 for a half hour.

Depends if we're talking hand service or mouth service...

Dotty
8th March 2013, 07:09 AM
For the $180 service, it probably had a couple of country wins, but nothing metropolitan.

muldude
8th March 2013, 02:36 PM
for what it's worth, ordered those adicross 2 golf shoes wed arvo and got them this morning at 9 am. not bad from perth to regional vic, no complaints here.

They look grouse, thanks jack the flusher !!!!

Webster
8th March 2013, 02:38 PM
Where'd you get em from, how much?

muldude
8th March 2013, 02:53 PM
Sorry, golf box $98 delivered. Had a $75 voucher so $23 delivered :-)

simmsy
8th March 2013, 04:16 PM
Well just been into golfbox and can't speak highly enough of the service that Steve at Jlup store gave me.

I agree with everyone else about that Miles character at Perth but this guy was very good.

It's a rare day I buy retail in Perth but price was good and great service.

Cosmopolite
8th March 2013, 05:55 PM
I went to golf box today and Miles was there. Always pleasant to me. Dunno what your problem is

simmsy
8th March 2013, 05:58 PM
i don't have a problem cosmo.

the guy has a chip on his shoulder and the reading here shows it's not isolated. obviously it's the way that you wink at him when you walk in.

rubin
8th March 2013, 06:10 PM
Well just been into golfbox and can't speak highly enough of the service that Steve at Jlup store gave me.

I agree with everyone else about that Miles character at Perth but this guy was very good.

It's a rare day I buy retail in Perth but price was good and great service.

I went to golf box today and Miles was there. Always pleasant to me. Dunno what your problem is

i don't have a problem cosmo.

the guy has a chip on his shoulder and the reading here shows it's not isolated. obviously it's the way that you wink at him when you walk in.

Jools, your the exception rather than the rule. I have a number of examples of the guy being a tool, as do many people.

With you there though OMS. Been to Joondalup store a few times and the guys there at least pretend to care and are normally great for service.

simmsy
8th March 2013, 06:15 PM
yep he was good. let me look and tyre kick for a bit and when i said can i have a hit of this he was happy to help.

got out my 3w RF and hit it against the new stuff, he messed around with the settings, we tried all of the offerings i was asking about nothing was too much.

i bought the club, didn't know at the time but C'way apparently don't offer tool with their fwy this year, but he through in one for me for nothing.

Ashes
8th March 2013, 06:20 PM
Might have to take my voucher up to Joondy then. No idea what to get with it.

simmsy
8th March 2013, 06:23 PM
its a shame they don't offer lessons.

Ashes
8th March 2013, 06:24 PM
Can't buy talent either which also sucks.

wizard_of_oz
8th March 2013, 06:36 PM
yep he was good. let me look and tyre kick for a bit and when i said can i have a hit of this he was happy to help.got out my 3w RF and hit it against the new stuff, he messed around with the settings, we tried all of the offerings i was asking about nothing was too much.i bought the club, didn't know at the time but C'way apparently don't offer tool with their fwy this year, but he through in one for me for nothing. You're referring to the joondy store right? East Perth store giving good service? I nearly choked on my Red Bull.

rubin
8th March 2013, 06:46 PM
You're referring to the joondy store right? East Perth store giving good service? I nearly choked on my Red Bull.

I took the old man out the East Perth Store either last year, or the year prior. He wanted some new sticks (that now gather dust in a corner of his house) and they had the xmas sale on.

Got served by one of the Directors/Stakeholders - Andrew. The only time someone has actually been helpful in that store. Let him hit whatever he wanted, offered to size up the grips etc and get them right for free, check the lies etc all for the price.

But thats the only time i've had, or seen good service there.

Johnny Canuck
8th March 2013, 08:40 PM
I went to golf box today and Miles was there. Always pleasant to me. Dunno what your problem is He is an arrogant ass.I was impressed when he was able to fit my clubs just by looking at me. He mentioned that he was a low capper so he knew what he was talking about. Also super impressed when he told me I wasn't allowed to demo a wedge as the shop didn't allow it. I then pointed out that the wedge already had green mat residue on it from someone hitting it and he seemed to stumble on his words, tell me no and walked away quickly.

LeftyHoges
8th March 2013, 11:34 PM
I think the Easties should pay him a visit when we go to WAnker champs this year and see if be can guess our handicaps and club spec requirements just by looking at us. A self-confessed low handicapper like him whos worked in golf retail for umpteen years should be able to do it no problems.

Johnny Canuck
8th March 2013, 11:49 PM
Sick Jack on him.

LeftyHoges
9th March 2013, 12:02 AM
Sick Jack on him.

God, would I LOVE to see that battle. :lol:

Cosmopolite
9th March 2013, 12:55 AM
God, would I LOVE to see that battle. :lol:

ohhhhhh yeahhhhhhh

front row seats please!

simmsy
9th March 2013, 01:09 AM
You can be Miles' cut-woman in the corner.

rubin
9th March 2013, 07:31 PM
Chalk and cheese.

Went into drummonds in ozzy park and had the exact opposite experience. Other than the kid looked he was born yesterday, it was exceptional. Kid talked me through 4 or 5 different clubs. Let me hit what I want, offered different suggestions for shafts etc. he also seemed to know what he was talking about as well. I told him straight up I was just having a look and not looking to buy today, and he was still happy to help me out a bit.

Slightly OT, but got to hit the titty mb's, cally 2013 forged irons, and rocketballz tour irons. Unimpressed with the mb's, insanely impressed with the cally's, and also with the rb tours.
I'm very very much considering the cally's now. So soft and very impressed with the feel. The rb tours were also very impressive, but they just don't 'feel' right.

Mububban
10th March 2013, 11:22 PM
Was it the young guy with the Scottish accent and black hair? He's great. There's also a mid-20s guy with blonde hair who's also great, they both work the late Thursday shift. They both know their gear and aren't pushy either.

FYI the young guy mentioned he was gaming MP-59s but swapped them for Rocketbladez (not sure if reg or tour version), he loved the forgiveness as well as the distance.

simmsy
11th March 2013, 12:14 AM
The new callys X forged look awesome dont they.

rubin
11th March 2013, 12:23 AM
The new callys X forged look awesome dont they.

They feel as good as they look.

I've changed my mind. Cally x forged 13's with pxi 6.5's. they're being ordered tomorrow morning, and I'll get the delivered to my specs.

simmsy
11th March 2013, 12:35 AM
Nice!

Ashes
11th March 2013, 12:40 AM
They do look awesome.

PerryGroves
11th March 2013, 06:15 AM
I've changed my mind. Cally x forged 13's with pxi 6.5's. they're being ordered tomorrow morning, and I'll get the delivered to my specs.

You bought from the Drummond store?

Lobsta
11th March 2013, 09:21 AM
Fax a copy of your receipt to golfbox. Attn miles. Possibly with a note thanking him for putting you off so you could find the callys at another store.

Hatchman
11th March 2013, 10:24 AM
Chalk and cheese.

Went into drummonds in ozzy park and had the exact opposite experience. Other than the kid looked he was born yesterday, it was exceptional. Kid talked me through 4 or 5 different clubs. Let me hit what I want, offered different suggestions for shafts etc. he also seemed to know what he was talking about as well. I told him straight up I was just having a look and not looking to buy today, and he was still happy to help me out a bit.

Slightly OT, but got to hit the titty mb's, cally 2013 forged irons, and rocketballz tour irons. Unimpressed with the mb's, insanely impressed with the cally's, and also with the rb tours.
I'm very very much considering the cally's now. So soft and very impressed with the feel. The rb tours were also very impressive, but they just don't 'feel' right.

Fax a copy of your receipt to golfbox. Attn miles. Possibly with a note thanking him for putting you off so you could find the callys at another store.

This is exactly why you should be writing a letter to the management of Golfbox Rubin.
They really need to know about their staff providing such bad customer service/experience or they can't fix the problem.

Whist in the end you had another option to go to (Drummond). Stores with no customers go out of business eventually. As consumers we need multiple options/business as it provides competition keeping prices in check.

rubin
11th March 2013, 10:35 AM

I was considering doing exactly that.

Shadesy
11th March 2013, 11:20 AM

Come on Jack, you have seen The special bond i share with simmsy :-)

Yossarian
11th March 2013, 11:22 AM
and I'll get the delivered to my specs.

Did you consider getting them delivered to someone else's specifications?

Shadesy
11th March 2013, 11:26 AM
They feel as good as they look.

Dibs

Webster
11th March 2013, 11:29 AM
Rubin, don't bother sending a letter or an email. Go back to the store that gave you the poor service and speak to the manager (not the employee) about what happened and why you went to drummonds instead. These things are always better handled face to face as it shows you are serious about it and felt it important enough to speak with them directly.

rubin
11th March 2013, 11:40 AM
Dibs

You want the 300's?

rubin
11th March 2013, 04:11 PM
Rubin, don't bother sending a letter or an email. Go back to the store that gave you the poor service and speak to the manager (not the employee) about what happened and why you went to drummonds instead. These things are always better handled face to face as it shows you are serious about it and felt it important enough to speak with them directly.

Email sent.

I did consider this jack, but it's far to inconvenient for me to get back into the store within the week, and any longer than a week and it would be wasted.

rubin
11th March 2013, 08:47 PM
At least the bosses of the company understand service. Email sent at 1pm. Response received around 3ish.

I'm told its an isolated incident (but they always are) and I don't expect anything further to come of it.

Ashes
11th March 2013, 09:03 PM
At least the bosses of the company understand service. Email sent at 1pm. Response received around 3ish.

I'm told its an isolated incident (but they always are) and I don't expect anything further to come of it.

Point em to this thread and ask em if they still think this is an isolated incident ;)

BayBum
11th March 2013, 09:05 PM
And tell them Ellis has left the building !

rubin
11th March 2013, 10:21 PM
Point em to this thread and ask em if they still think this is an isolated incident ;)

I'm sure they'll find it/have found it.

If they are like any other business, they'll be googling their name once a week or so.

simmsy
11th March 2013, 10:45 PM
I doubt it. A lot of times I reference places like this and golfwrx at them and they don't even know what I am talking about.

simmsy
11th March 2013, 10:46 PM
So these are ordered then Rubin?

When they expected to arrive?

hocko
11th March 2013, 11:09 PM
Email sent.

I did consider this jack, but it's far to inconvenient for me to get back into the store within the week, and any longer than a week and it would be wasted.

You sent an Email? Soft, soft and soft. Just like being able tell an iron feeling soft or hitting a brick.

Mububban
11th March 2013, 11:34 PM

When I first casually swung a club 10+ years ago Miles was at that store then, and he was still a dickhead. Obviously age and even more experience with "customer service" have not done him any good. I wonder how many sales get put through in his name with the way he acts?

rubin
11th March 2013, 11:37 PM
So these are ordered then Rubin?

When they expected to arrive?

2 - 3 weeks. 1/4 under standard, 3 wraps. SW at D6.

I'm mad keen to get the pxi shafts in play.

Ashes
12th March 2013, 12:10 AM
2 - 3 weeks. 1/4 under standard, 3 wraps. SW at D6.

I'm mad keen to get the pxi shafts in play.

Pxi? Were you able to demo them?

simmsy
12th March 2013, 12:17 AM
They're getting great reviews.
I had a hit of one a little while back. Very smooth, very nice. Kind of surprised that Rubin went for a lighter weight shaft though.

rubin
12th March 2013, 12:31 AM
Pxi? Were you able to demo them?

Not demo as such, but hit a good 30+ balls with them.

They're getting great reviews.
I had a hit of one a little while back. Very smooth, very nice. Kind of surprised that Rubin went for a lighter weight shaft though.

The 6.5's are still 117g, so not super light. They feel so good though.