PDA

View Full Version : Nippon NS Pro vs KBS Tour 90 shafts?

nadg63
5th March 2013, 08:22 PM
The last 3 sets of irons I've owned have all been fitted with Regular flex Nippon NS Pro shafts, NS950's, (in Nickent 3Dx Pro's and Mizuno JPX 800 Pro's), and NS1050's in my current Alpha RX-2's.

In a previous post it has been mentioned that KBS Tour 90's in Stiff flex actually play softer than stiff, looking for info as to how they will compare to the Nippons mentioned above!? (also how will KBS Tour 90's in Regular compare - too soft by some chance!?)

I'm looking at a couple of sets of Adams CB3 irons that are fitted with the KBS Tour 90's as standard, and am just trying to decide which is the better flex to go for ........................... !?

Fire away!

TheNuclearOne
5th March 2013, 08:52 PM
Off topic but how did you find the JPX800 Pro's?

nadg63
5th March 2013, 10:00 PM
Off topic but how did you find the JPX800 Pro's?

Went from MX-25's to the JPX Pro's - less forgiving, better looking, sweet when hit well, (I'm off 16 hcp). At the end of the day I preferred my 'custom fit' Alphas, (cast), so the Mizzy's went!

PeteyD
5th March 2013, 10:04 PM
The KBS wil not feel as smooth as the Nippons in my experience.

Golfnut
5th March 2013, 11:27 PM
The KBS wil not feel as smooth as the Nippons in my experience. Spot on for mine. I play 950's in my TM Tour burners in reg and I play KBS Tours in reg soft stepped once for a higher ball flight in my RAZR X forged (not Tour 90's) and IMO the Nippons are still a smoother shaft but do play slightly softer in flex. What ever works for you really.

aym
5th March 2013, 11:32 PM
Played both, as a 20~ hcper I can't tell the difference...