PDA

View Full Version : Honda Classic

virge666
3rd March 2013, 02:03 PM
So another comp down and another weekend without Rory and Tiger...

BUT - Ogilvy is right up there... !!

So the sooner the young guys Guthrie, Thompson and DeLat falter the sooner I don't have to watch them have 65 practice swings and 14 club changes on each shot.

You guys want to know what is hard to watch - these 3 guys are the poster boys for it.

Thompson can only hit the ball about 230m, takes all of his 5 minutes on each shot, and it awful to watch.
DeLat has a putting procedure that has more work in it than laying the foundations for an Abu Dhabi Skyscraper.
Guthrie has walked up and back from his setup position about 4 times on each shot...

FFS - bring in a shot clock.

C'mon Rose, Westwood, GMac, Geoff, Boo and Fowler !

Daves
3rd March 2013, 02:09 PM
Tigers is still playing, but a long way back. A course record might get him there.

timah!
3rd March 2013, 02:09 PM
Guthrie has walked up and back from his setup position about 4 times on each shot...

Channelling his inner Keegan? :lol:

mike
3rd March 2013, 02:18 PM
So the sooner the young guys Guthrie, Thompson and DeLat falter the sooner I don't have to watch them have 65 practice swings and 14 club changes on each shot.You guys want to know what is hard to watch - these 3 guys are the poster boys for it.Thompson can only hit the ball about 230m, takes all of his 5 minutes on each shot, and it awful to watch.DeLat has a putting procedure that has more work in it than laying the foundations for an Abu Dhabi Skyscraper.Guthrie has walked up and back from his setup position about 4 times on each shot...FFS - bring in a shot clock.virge, you've quoted some of the reasons I can't watch the USPGA coverage. It's terrible and has been for years and probably will be forever.

Webster
3rd March 2013, 02:21 PM
Mike, its great fun when one of these snails hits it in the shite - even better if they are a God botherer/long putter cheat too. Plenty of hate to be had with these pharquits.

Ferrins
3rd March 2013, 02:27 PM
I agree with virge about the coverage of the 3rd round it was difficult to remain interested in it. The sponsors must cringe.

Minor_Threat
3rd March 2013, 03:39 PM
Mike, its great fun when one of these snails hits it in the shite - even better if they are a God botherer/long putter cheat too. Plenty of hate to be had with these pharquits.

+1 to that

razaar
3rd March 2013, 04:55 PM
Would you rather watch Keegan Bradley?
Have to agree with the comments, I gave up after 45 minutes. The course must have been brutal going by the scores.

mrbluu
3rd March 2013, 05:13 PM
It was good when I had Foxtel IQ, I could just record the golf and fast forward to just watch the swings. Could watch a 3 hour coverage in about 50mins.

Jarro
3rd March 2013, 05:24 PM
Did anybody see much of Ogilvy during the coverage today ?

All i saw were two birdie putt attempts from about 70 feet !!

virge666
3rd March 2013, 05:39 PM
It was good when I had Foxtel IQ, I could just record the golf and fast forward to just watch the swings. Could watch a 3 hour coverage in about 50mins.

I am with you there... I don't know how you could watch it live... the incessant live calls, fex ex face off, trivia form Afflack, some bank up and comers sections, constant recaps . . . oh for the love of god - please stop...

All on foxtel IQ - 12x and 30x fast forward... Better on the PVR when on ONE, 15 second skip is awesome.

Watching the girls now and it is much of the same - it looks like they only had enough cameras for the final group, it is all they are showing.

One last observation.. I reckon we change the chick's tour to the "Dumpy, Grumpy, Shiny Teeth Tour", Who is with me ?

Women in sport - why do they persist in televising it... ?

virge666
3rd March 2013, 05:41 PM
Sorry about the winging lads... it has pissed down all weekend and I am bored shitless.

Fkn weather. My mood has followed it.

timah!
3rd March 2013, 05:55 PM
Fkn weather. My mood has followed it.

I'm with you on this!!!

Jarro
3rd March 2013, 06:01 PM
I am with you there... I don't know how you could watch it live... the incessant live calls, fex ex face off, trivia form Afflack, some bank up and comers sections, constant recaps . . . oh for the love of god - please stop...

All on foxtel IQ - 12x and 30x fast forward... Better on the PVR when on ONE, 15 second skip is awesome.

Watching the girls now and it is much of the same - it looks like they only had enough cameras for the final group, it is all they are showing.

One last observation.. I reckon we change the chick's tour to the "Dumpy, Grumpy, Shiny Teeth Tour", Who is with me ?

Women in sport - why do they persist in televising it... ?

Lingerie football, that's why !!

oncewasagolfer
3rd March 2013, 06:24 PM
You should move to sunny Victoria virge;)

Ferrins
4th March 2013, 08:20 AM
Lots of commercial breaks:(

virge666
4th March 2013, 08:54 AM
Lots of commercial breaks:(

Yep,

Foxtel IQ is your friend.

Ferrins
4th March 2013, 08:57 AM
As if I would be able to work that out.

virge666
4th March 2013, 09:15 AM
As if I would be able to work that out.

Then you are destined to forever see 3 shots, ad break, 2 shots, catchup, live read, 1 shot, then ad break.

It is a new kind of hell.

Ferrins
4th March 2013, 09:22 AM
Took the last pair 5 minutes to hit two tee shots on the 15th.

Ferrins
4th March 2013, 09:23 AM
Have decided to watch one of the tennis courts dry instead, so far more captivating.

Vice MC
4th March 2013, 12:45 PM
And how many times do we need to see the leaderboard!! They bloody sit on the thing for about 5mins at a time...it only takes 2 frigging secs to read...I agree they really need to make it faster for viewing. i love watching the women if Munoz is playing =P~

matty
4th March 2013, 08:50 PM
Then you are destined to forever see 3 shots, ad break, 2 shots, catchup, live read, 1 shot, then ad break.

You forgot to mention the putting. That is hell. Unless it's for eagle or is going to change the positions in the top 6 I don't really want to see it, at least until they can overlay contour lines.

virge666
4th March 2013, 10:59 PM
Wow,

Just watched the replay... That was hard hard work.

Tiger shot 80

KristianJ
4th March 2013, 11:16 PM

I don't know who irritates me more...Johnny Miller or the voice over guy on rounds 3 and 4 who cuts in when NBC/CBS would usually go to their commercials. If he was the only voice I heard through the whole broadcast I think I'd be in an asylum.

And of the ads, the Drummond one where Bogle has the R11 fairway wood/light sabre one annoys me no end, but not as much as the one with his "mum". Or is it the Q Star one with Peter Jacobsen?

Never mind...all golf ads are generally various incarnations of tripe.

virge666
5th March 2013, 08:33 AM
I don't know who irritates me more...Johnny Miller or the voice over guy on rounds 3 and 4 who cuts in when NBC/CBS would usually go to their commercials. If he was the only voice I heard through the whole broadcast I think I'd be in an asylum.

And of the ads, the Drummond one where Bogle has the R11 fairway wood/light sabre one annoys me no end, but not as much as the one with his "mum". Or is it the Q Star one with Peter Jacobsen?

Never mind...all golf ads are generally various incarnations of tripe.

Yeah - that dude is awful... dreary monotone... all day long.

And also that each ad break is exactly the same.... every time.

Foxtel IQ makes it possible.,

IanO
5th March 2013, 02:30 PM
The only way I can watch the golf now is via my Foxtel IQ .... those adds and the drivel are just impossible

dc68
5th March 2013, 05:01 PM
Jeez you wankers can whine... Remember when all we had was the Majors and the Oz Tourneys.Get over it FFS.

Ferrins
5th March 2013, 05:23 PM
Ruler across the wrists.

s12raider
5th March 2013, 07:32 PM
Glad I was in Fiji playing 4 rounds in 4 days and driving range the other 2.

Pity my wife got ill so early in the trip............ I love eBay prescription medicine