PDA

View Full Version : Ambrose

Shortylook
1st March 2013, 11:33 PM
Played a game of Ambrose today with 3 mates. Only nine holes, but I think we played pretty good. We had 41 shots . How does this rate for 28 and 32 cap players. Just curious

Ashes
2nd March 2013, 12:20 AM
Played a game of Ambrose today with 3 mates. Only nine holes, but I think we played pretty good. We had 41 shots . How does this rate for 28 and 32 cap players. Just curious

I was in a group of 20-30 cappers at Joondalup and we shot 63 off the stick for 18 last year.

Shot 76 gross at WAGC with a 27 capper in a 2 last week, and 77 at Royal Freo in another 2 with a first time golfer late last year.

41 doesn't sound too flash to me, you're not far off that solo for 9..

Shortylook
2nd March 2013, 12:44 AM
I was in a group of 20-30 cappers at Joondalup and we shot 63 off the stick for 18 last year.Shot 76 gross at WAGC with a 27 capper in a 2 last week, and 77 at Royal Freo in another 2 with a first time golfer late last year.41 doesn't sound too flash to me, you're not far off that solo for 9..So not too flash then. Cheers

Waddzy
2nd March 2013, 07:57 AM
I played a 2 man ambrose with me and a fellow 29 capper we had 81 off the stick which we werent too happy about as we made the turn with a 34.. but in saying that if its your first ambrose mate just enjoy it like we did and its good fun having abit of the pressure taken off when your partners just blasted a drive on the fairway so you know you got 1 safe ball ;) ... If theres one thing I learned from ambrose it would be how I really am not far off having low rounds myself.. we shot that 81 and still left alot of shots out there but we used a solid 75% of my drives and approaches... but it did help having a ball already sitting in the fairway incase I sprayed one... As i was emplyed to do the "bombing" off the tee.

Maybe not the flashest mate but I hope it showed you how easy a 41 is to come by if you stay in play?

dc68
2nd March 2013, 09:33 AM
Shot -19 once with my bro and 2 other mates. It included a par,2 eagles and 15 birdies.

Daves
2nd March 2013, 09:34 AM
Shot -19 once with my bro and 2 other mates. It included a par,2 eagles and 15 birdies.

Your team handicap would have been close to zip though, I suspect.

Shortylook
2nd March 2013, 10:57 AM
I played a 2 man ambrose with me and a fellow 29 capper we had 81 off the stick which we werent too happy about as we made the turn with a 34.. but in saying that if its your first ambrose mate just enjoy it like we did and its good fun having abit of the pressure taken off when your partners just blasted a drive on the fairway so you know you got 1 safe ball ;) ... If theres one thing I learned from ambrose it would be how I really am not far off having low rounds myself.. we shot that 81 and still left alot of shots out there but we used a solid 75% of my drives and approaches... but it did help having a ball already sitting in the fairway incase I sprayed one... As i was emplyed to do the "bombing" off the tee. Maybe not the flashest mate but I hope it showed you how easy a 41 is to come by if you stay in play? Cheers waddzy, yea it was amazing to see how easy a 41 could be just by being in play on almost every hole. Still hope for me yet

markTHEblake
2nd March 2013, 11:00 AM
Shot -19 once with my bro and 2 other mates. It included a par,2 eagles and 15 birdies. That's impressive for a team of four, regardless of handicap, because of the law of diminishing returns. You must have played your skins out. I was in a -17 once, all birdies, but we had to still make plenty of putts.

dc68
2nd March 2013, 02:41 PM
Your team handicap would have been close to zip though, I suspect.

I was off 6 my bro off 1 and the others off 0.