PDA

View Full Version : Driver shaft

Waddzy
28th February 2013, 09:43 PM
Thought as you guys seem to know alot more than google can tell me on most golfing subjects IDE ask on here , the past 3 weeks I've played either comp or a social round paired with some decent golfers ( a few pennant players etc) and they all have pointed out the same thing with my driver , noting my swing looks fine but my shaft may need t be softer and it would really counter my slice/ push to the right ball flight.. I really have no idea on shafts apart from the, beng reg / stiff etc but I'm currently running an aldila nvs 55-5 360 shaft in my driver and 3 wood... And it's connected to a cally razr fit 9.5 and 15 deg 3 wood heads

Anyone have any suggestions on some shafts that may be softer and be worth a try to check if it fixes some of it ? Or is it really a go see my pro type of thing ??

petethepilot
1st March 2013, 10:35 AM
See your pro. That's his job. We would only be guessing what you need!

You could also see Peter Shaw ( pro at robina driving range). He is a regular on here so I'm sure he would help you and not rip you off!

PTP

Dotty
1st March 2013, 10:39 AM
I think the 55-5 is actually 55-S, and it would be a stiff shaft.

And ask the experts about driver loft as well (which I think can be dialled up in the razrfit driver).

Waddzy
2nd March 2013, 08:24 AM
Thanks guys will do , yeah when I had my clubs all ordered for me he mentioned once we had a lesson we would set it up to the right loft etc... It is a stiff shaft sorry so probably 55-S .. I had a session today just knocking down the paddock with old range type balls and found I need to stop holding back and finish my swing and my ball flight rewards me for it now.. most probably the stiff shaft finally being used.. going to test out actually having a dig with it today in comp.. weather forbid... but if my symptoms persist ill see the club pro or that guy down at robina for another opinion.

cheers.

markTHEblake
2nd March 2013, 11:12 AM
You are a strong looking young lad, Unless you swing the club like Quentin Crisp there is no chance that Stiff is too stiff for you. ( I use stiff shafts). don't know anything about the Pro's at your club, don't even know who they are because they are new. but Stuart at the other range out the front can be trusted for honest and wise advice.

Waddzy
16th March 2013, 10:53 AM
Started actually hitting through the ball this week and driver has come real good , a few set up issues I.e had the club lined up middle of the face at address , now lining up just inside the ball as when im swinging through im more extended.. that started getting them straight , and after going straight gave me the confidence to actually swing the club at the tempo I like.. Looking forward to playing of the blues for the first time today in comp now my drivers straight...