PDA

View Full Version : Callaway performance centre experiences

GSP
28th February 2013, 07:27 PM
Hello all
Has anyone tried the Callaway performance centre? Interested in getting fit for the razr xtreme and other goodies. Any idea on costs etc or previous experiences?

Stuartd147
25th March 2013, 08:31 PM
I have been tossing up between Mizuno, Callaway and Ping irons and got a voucher for Callaway off one of my local retailers. So last week booked in and did the business with Callaway in McEvoy Street in Sydney. It was a great experience and Earl was very knowledgable and patient. I have been thinking that I need to go down in flex and he showed me via computer and video why I should stay stiffer. Outcome was that I liked, and got best numbers with....

(average swing with 6 iron was @81mph and 96% efficiency quite strong decending blow and in-->out swing path was 4-5*)

Irons X Hot Pro with KBS Stiff, standard loft and length with 2* flat
Hybrid X Hot Pro with PX 6 in 20 or 22* (can't remember)
Driver X Hot Pro 9.5* with Black Tie 6 shaft

Ball flight was higher than current irons and a bit longer with good dispersion, reducing my draw and toe droop significantly (from high speed cameras). Hybrid hit higher and again went pretty straight. I thought driver shaft was going to be way too stiff and I really need to try this combination on the course with a demo club, spin dropped from my current RBZ (standard but from Tour van) 10* with X-con 6 down about 600rpm and launch was 2* higher.

Not sure about pricing yet.

Would like to do same with Ping and Mizuno soon.

...Stu

tim_golfer2
25th March 2013, 10:43 PM
I paid the $150 myself instead of going through a retailer as I didn't want to feel locked in to them when it came to purchase time. In fact I told the fitter (Daniel Marsh - nice bloke) that I was probably going to buy from callawaypreowned.com. Not a problem.

Took away the stats and recommendations and bought from callawaypreowned a new set of razr x tour irons 3 - pw with s300shafts for $400 (plus ndmc grips - 2 wraps plus shipping. add another hundred and a bit). Bargain! Also got some cheap razr tour hybrids with exotic shafts. Get on their email list and wait for their specials if you like.

Great fun at the fitting. Get to try lots of head/shaft combos. Highly recommended.

Tim

Captain Nemo
26th March 2013, 08:34 AM
Not related to Cally, but PING have the same setup at their disty centre in Taren Point
Played with a mate from PING ons sat, told me to come in after easter to sort my Anser driver out.
Said the gear they have their is comparable to what they have at PING headquarters in the states....

Stuartd147
26th March 2013, 09:06 AM
Titty, I play each week with the cousin of one of the guys at Ping centre and he always has new gear loaned to him (and us) to play with for a few weeks. He said they did not have the camera setup that Callaway has....will be good to get your feedback on what they really have...stu

Captain Nemo
26th March 2013, 09:10 AM
Titty, I play each week with the cousin of one of the guys at Ping centre and he always has new gear loaned to him (and us) to play with for a few weeks. He said they did not have the camera setup that Callaway has....will be good to get your feedback on what they really have...stu

Stu, will do.
The guy i played with the past 2 sat's was a sales rep and now looks after their new clothing line and has a bit to do with Tour Player fittings when they come into the wharehouse...
Might not have the camera etc, but got a good Launchy setup...
Whos he related to?

Stuartd147
26th March 2013, 09:19 AM
My mate is Mark Vaughan, I don't know his cousin's name. Interestingly we talked new pro Lincoln Tighe into trying a Ping driver fitting, he was the 2nd longest they have had there (regularly drives it 310-320m) and they tested everything, he ended up with G25 with (I think) around 8* loft and Tour Stiff, not sure about length or tipping ...not an X? He is convinced he needs an X because he has always had X or more, but they told him otherwise. Apparently he is bombing it.

...Stu

Captain Nemo
26th March 2013, 09:30 AM
My mate Sav Ali (plays off 2) has all the new G25 woods, driver 9.5 with Fuji Blur something in X-Stiff, and bombs it.
Not too different looking to the Anser, at least at setup.
Said it spins and launches a touch higher more than the Anser.... looked that way both rounds i played with him.

reg
28th March 2013, 10:49 AM
Not related to Cally, but PING have the same setup at their disty centre in Taren PointPlayed with a mate from PING ons sat, told me to come in after easter to sort my Anser driver out.Said the gear they have their is comparable to what they have at PING headquarters in the states.... Good to know, didn't know Ping had a performance centre. The Callaway one is great, highly recommend it. Was given a voucher to go there for free when I was at a Callaway demo day and they had hardly any LH gear. I'd be willing to pay the 100-150 to go there again

markTHEblake
31st March 2013, 01:51 PM
that I was probably going to buy from callawaypreowned.com Tim, does Callaway pre owned guarantee that the lofts, weights, lie angles, flex etc, are all exactly to Spec?

Hux
31st March 2013, 08:42 PM
Tim, does Callaway pre owned guarantee that the lofts, weights, lie angles, flex etc, are all exactly to Spec? They will actually adjust the clubs to your specs.