PDA

View Full Version : Ozgolf matchplay final....

terryand
12th November 2005, 06:15 PM
Will be contested by Gazgolf and Blakey.

Blakey beat me today in our semi final 1 up with a birdie on the last(par would have been good enough though :oops: )

The golf wasn't all that flash but the match was a good tussle with both of us being 2 up at one stage during the match.

Well played Mark and good luck to both of you in the final 8)

Terry.

Jarro
12th November 2005, 06:21 PM
bad luck Tezza :(

:smt023 \:D/ GO GAZ

shazza_rs
12th November 2005, 06:29 PM
Congrats Mark.

Bad luck Tezza. :cry:

Trung
12th November 2005, 06:34 PM
QLD Ozgolf Match Final? :wink:

Eag's
12th November 2005, 06:35 PM
Well played Blakey, sounds like another great match.
Bad luck Tez, but congrats on making it this far mate 8)

BrisVegas
12th November 2005, 08:33 PM
Congrats on the win blakey.

Bad luck Tez. I know what it's like to both win and lose on the last.... It's a fine line.... At least now you can cut your "lucky hair".. :lol: :wink:

terryand
12th November 2005, 08:42 PM
Congrats on the win blakey.

Bad luck Tez.  I know what it's like to both win and lose on the last....  It's a fine line....  At least now you can cut your "lucky hair".. :lol:  :wink:

Moving all that soil today seems to have made you delusional :wink:

Terry.

3oneday
12th November 2005, 09:46 PM
QLD Ozgolf Match Final?   :wink:my thoughts too, I guess it shows where we stand in the pecking order :roll: :wink:

:lol: :lol: if we cared :lol: :lol:

terryand
12th November 2005, 09:49 PM
QLD Ozgolf Match Final?   :wink:my thoughts too, I guess it shows where we stand in the pecking order  :roll:  :wink:

And don't you forget it [-X

Terry.

markTHEblake
13th November 2005, 09:59 PM
QLD Ozgolf Match Final?   :wink:

No.

You blokes organised your own event cos you didnt want to turn up to the big one. :lol:

Trung
13th November 2005, 10:02 PM
 :lol:

when did you change your personality?

markTHEblake
13th November 2005, 10:47 PM
usually happens after a glass of red. dont worry I'll be back to normal tomorrow. (or was that normal?)

markTHEblake
27th November 2005, 10:23 PM
The Result is in.

Gazgolf put in a magnificent performance to defeat MarktheBlake 4/3, and is now crowned Matchplay Champion, and is a very worthy winner of the title with an outstanding performance today.

Easily the best I have ever seen him play. The conditions were quote tough and he just kept striping them down the middle and hitting the greens. When you look at his scorecard, all you see is 2 & 3 pointers - no wipes or ones. Thats pretty hard to beat, and on a day like today - plain scary. Could someone tell him your not supposed to play matchplay like that, there is supposed to be a triple or two thrown in occasionly.

Neither of us putted very well, the greens were a bit furry and slow. We both played some very good golf, but he outclassed me on the mistakes,
which was mostly the last 5 holes when I lost the plot. Having not been able to convert a lot of good approaches and therefore not being able to get any holes back, creates more pressure to play even better, and today I just wasnt up to it. But thats really more of a testement to the way Gaz played today, he was relentless.

The match went like this - from Gazgolfs perspective.

W,H,H,H,W,H,H,H,H,H,W,W,L,W,H

gazgolf1
28th November 2005, 05:30 AM
The Result is in.

Gazgolf put in a magnificent performance to defeat MarktheBlake 4/3, and is now crowned Matchplay Champion, and is a very worthy winner of the title with an outstanding performance today.

Easily the best I have ever seen him play.   The conditions were quote tough and he just kept striping them down the middle and hitting the greens.  When you look at his scorecard, all you see is 2 & 3 pointers - no wipes or ones.  Thats pretty hard to beat, and on a day like today - plain scary.  Could someone tell him your not supposed to play matchplay like that, there is supposed to be a triple or two thrown in occasionly.

Neither of us putted very well, the greens were a bit furry and slow.  We both played some very good golf,  but he outclassed me on the mistakes,
which was mostly the last 5 holes when I lost the plot.  Having not been able to convert a lot of good approaches and therefore not being able to get any holes back, creates more pressure to play even better, and today I just wasnt up to it.  But thats really more of a testement to the way Gaz played today, he was relentless.

The match went like this - from Gazgolfs perspective.

W,H,H,H,W,H,H,H,H,H,W,W,L,W,H

:shock: Quite a rap.....thanks Blakey for a great match played in great spirit. 8)

Courty
28th November 2005, 08:23 AM
Congrats, Gaz. Sounds like a fine round of golf was played on your part. Did you keep track of your stroke score. I'd be interested to hear what you went around in.

BrisVegas
28th November 2005, 08:31 AM
Congratulations on your win Gary. I doubt anyone could have stopped you the way you played!
8)
(I don't feel so bad getting done by you in semi's now! :lol: )

AndyP
28th November 2005, 09:14 AM
Well played throughout, Gaz.
Despite the walkovers you had ;), you showed you were good enough to win anyway.

When you look at his scorecard, all you see is 2 & 3 pointers - no wipes or ones.
Courty, Gaz must have shot 76. 14 pars and 4 bogeys, I think. And all of those bogeys would have been on holes where he gets a shot. Very solid golf.

markTHEblake
28th November 2005, 09:34 AM
Gaz only had 3 bogeys, 4th, 8th, and 13th. I think he must have scored the wrong points on one hole on the front 9.

AndyP
28th November 2005, 09:43 AM
Gaz only had 3 bogeys,  4th, 8th, and 13th.     I think he must have scored the wrong points on one hole on the front 9.
You must be right.
I was looking at his card on the drive home and only counted three bogeys. But then I remembered as I was posting that he had 38 points on a handicap of 6, so figured there must've been one I missed.

Bloody Hell, Gaz was so confident he was just giving shots away.

markTHEblake
28th November 2005, 10:08 AM
I seem to remember he had 2 points on every hole on the front 9. Therefor it was probably the 9th where he should have had a 3 pointer.

And honestly when playing the 18th hole I thought he was even par - thats how dizzy his golf was making me.

gazgolf1
29th November 2005, 09:13 AM
Shhhhhh :-$

CobraSS
29th November 2005, 03:56 PM
Can't get DQed for not calculating your stab points correctly, so nothin to worry about gaz