PDA

View Full Version : WA: WA Hit

freddy a
19th February 2013, 06:17 PM
Hey guys will be in Perth for 10 days mid March and was keen for a game, will be staying in Cottesloe at the OBH.
Please let me know if you are keen on either the Saturday or Sunday was thinking maybe Joondalup or Lake Karrynyup, suggestions would be great as well.

Bruce Dickinson
19th February 2013, 06:38 PM
Joondalup twilight rate (walking) is $29 after 3pm, easily sneak in more than 9. Note the greens at the moment aren't the best

simmsy
19th February 2013, 07:07 PM
are we talking vines or joondalup?

TourFit
19th February 2013, 07:19 PM
Joondalup...Note the greens at the moment aren't the best

You got that right BD...played there Sunday and the greens were just awful. Glad I wasn't payin' full rate (in fact, I got the Golfnut drem deal of $0). Apparently many of the members aren't all that happy with things at the moment!!!

The Vines is in a similar state as far as greens go...been disappoint for some time now.

Bruce Dickinson
19th February 2013, 07:28 PM
You got that right BD...played there Sunday and the greens were just awful. Glad I wasn't payin' full rate (in fact, I got the Golfnut drem deal of $0). Apparently many of the members aren't all that happy with things at the moment!!!

The Vines is in a similar state as far as greens go...been disappoint for some time now.
I was up there on Saturday, first time in two months and was surprised. From what I can gather there is a group of members that are "unhappy", when you pay nearly $3k for a seven day membership its fair to expect good conditions.

simmsy
19th February 2013, 07:33 PM
$3k you have every right to expect top class greens all year round, outside of maintenance periods.

the Vines and Joondalup have always been disappoint imo with their greens, never to the level of a Yokine or LK, or even lower end clubs.

Bruce Dickinson
19th February 2013, 07:46 PM
$3k you have every right to expect top class greens all year round, outside of maintenance periods.

the Vines and Joondalup have always been disappoint imo with their greens, never to the level of a Yokine or LK, or even lower end clubs.
joondalup has 28 year old greens that get cored once a year, ideally they would implement a program to take the top of greens and replacing root zones and surfaces.

When they are good they are great to putt on

TourFit
19th February 2013, 09:06 PM
A member was telling me the exact same thing the other day BD...that the greens were old and were going to be replaced. They can get them really good but they are a LOT more fragile and come back slower because of the age. A bit like Simmsy after 27 holes on Champs Friday!!! ;)

simmsy
19th February 2013, 09:34 PM
Hey I bet I can play more golf back to back than u shandy pants.

My back
My neck
My foot
No other one
My neck
My elbow my back.

It never stops. ;)-

TourFit
19th February 2013, 10:37 PM
My ears...

rubin
19th February 2013, 10:42 PM