PDA

View Full Version : 59 at Emerald Lakes

Courty
11th November 2005, 10:15 PM
I saw on the news tonight that Brad McIntosh (or something) shot 59 in some pro tournament being held at Emerald Lakes. :shock: :shock: :shock:

and worse still: he's a Leftie!

jaster
11th November 2005, 10:57 PM
AHAHAH....my father-in-law called me at 4pm today to tell me this, he lives in Wollongong which is where Brad comes from and apparently he is going to be very good 8)

I think a trainee shot 59 at Emerald Lakes a few months ago, must be an easy track :wink:

goughy
12th November 2005, 08:12 AM
Apparently it's the first time in an australian tournament. And a genuine 59 too. 12 under par.

3oneday
12th November 2005, 11:26 AM
I think a trainee shot 59 at Emerald Lakes a few months ago, must be an easy track  :wink:I recall reading that, 59 is 59 but gee, 2 times in a few months ??? Maybe I should join there so I can get down to 3 ??? :lol: :lol:

Pete

jaster
13th November 2005, 07:17 PM
So did Jason Day win??? looks like it....fantastic if he did!!!

http://www.pga.org.au/default.aspx?s=vnteventdisplay&eid=69&tab=results

Jarro
13th November 2005, 07:49 PM
no, Jason Day lost in a 5 hole playoff with Scott Gardiner

jaster
13th November 2005, 08:00 PM
WOW...good work Jarro :D

Jarro
13th November 2005, 08:39 PM
they showed some highlights on Foxsports news. Looked like they had a pretty good crowd following them around too 8)

markTHEblake
13th November 2005, 08:54 PM
i thought it was the 4th sudden death hole, but then again it was hot, i had no hat, and i'd had 2 ginger beers,   so easy to lose count.

If you know the 18th hole the pin was tucked in stiff behind the bunker. almost impossible to get it close.

Day lost it....   the first playoff they both missed 10 footers.  

On the 2nd Day left his approach short of the bunker  :shock: ,  he almost pulled off a Phill Mickelson, but it landed on the hard fringe and rebounded 30 ft away.  another 6 inches and it would have been perfect.       Gardiners putt from about the same distance shaved the cup, and Day canned his to save his bum.

The 3rd playoff was uneventfull.  On the fourth Day only just cleared the bunker but it rolled back in.  Gardner manufactured a great looking low draw from the right side of the fairway that finished up about 12 foot.    Days didnt have a lot of room for his bunker shot but he got it a bit thin, and finished about 30 ft away, exactly where he was before.  But his putt wasnt good enough this time, and Gardiner had a simple two putts to win.

The thing i noticed the most was they were both laying up way back down the fairway,  like 140 metres back.  Thats like 80 metres short of the creek?

I think they were both trying to get the first shot in maybe.

The other thing that was obvious that the pin was tucked behind the left pot so that the right side of the fairway was the best place to be.  Gardiner hit it down the right each time, and Day hit it down the left  :?

As for easy course?  well Mr 59 is Mr 75 today.  My guess is he discovered that its not called Emerald Lakes becuase the B fell off the sign.

I spoke to an old mate who shot 62 today.  He said the course is playing the easiest it has been in the 3 years of the event,  greens were softer, truer, fairways better, green surrounds perfect, and the guys are learning how to play the course.  (also its 25m shorter than last year)

jaster
13th November 2005, 09:41 PM
Nice review Blakey....sounds like overall though the Pro's ate EL up this week..some low numbers that is for sure!! I think Scotty Gardiner has played there a few times though..if I am correct Tweed Heads is his old stomping ground??

1 Scott Gardiner QLD -23 63 63 68 67 261

Damn good shooting!

Jarro
14th November 2005, 06:14 AM
i heard somewhere SG had a quick tuneup with a Gary Edwin coach a couple of days before the tournament.

Whatever he was shown must have worked, from all accounts he hit the ball really solid.

Courty
14th November 2005, 08:11 AM
As for easy course?  well Mr 59 is Mr 75 today.  My guess is he discovered that its not called Emerald Lakes becuase the B fell off the sign.

=D> =D> =D>

Golfgirl
26th November 2005, 10:24 AM
I think Scotty Gardiner has played there a few times though..if I am correct Tweed Heads is his old stomping ground??

Used to play in the pennant team with Hubby when they were just amateurs.... 8)