PDA

View Full Version : Adam Scott new putter

rowey
15th February 2013, 05:10 PM
Hi Guys just noticed Adam Scott has gone away from the Kombi putter, does anyone know what the new model is.

It looked similarish to a TM Spider

Captain Nemo
15th February 2013, 05:13 PM
Proto, saw it on TCC.
Not my cup of tea!

sms316
15th February 2013, 05:33 PM
Still an abomination.

timah!
15th February 2013, 05:37 PM
Proto, saw it on TCC.
Not my cup of tea!

Is it the proto GoLo thing?

rowey
15th February 2013, 05:44 PM
Looks like a Kombi with wings

Captain Nemo
15th February 2013, 06:03 PM
Here you go....looks like the "cheatstick" is on the way out!
Fugly, hope it works.....:roll:

timah!
15th February 2013, 06:06 PM
Ahh, he had something else a while back too...

Captain Nemo
15th February 2013, 06:09 PM
Yeh, that mid Golo 5 thingo?

timah!
15th February 2013, 06:12 PM
Yeah, that was it. Had the cool stamps in the bombs...

rqrox
15th February 2013, 06:16 PM
So has he started using the non cheat stick type or is this one still the belly?

KristianJ
15th February 2013, 06:28 PM
So has he started using the non cheat stick type or is this one still the belly?

I watched a few mins of the coverage this morning and he still had a broomstick.

Captain Nemo
15th February 2013, 07:03 PM
See the pic above.
It's from the SC Studio.
Looks like he's trying a conventional length blade and spider thingo...

rqrox
15th February 2013, 07:26 PM
ahhhhh
All I saw was the rack!
It looks unnervingly like the ghost!
And the blade looks alot like your old gamer the Sonoma.

gazgolf1
15th February 2013, 09:06 PM
About time he got off his arse for 2013 and started playing, he's not hungry enough, too much money and too much clam.

sms316
15th February 2013, 09:09 PM
Really? He experimented with playing less last year and his results were pretty consistent. Doing the same this year makes a lot of sense.

Having said that, he uses a broomstick so I hope he snaps his Achilles' tendon.

timah!
15th February 2013, 09:10 PM
Really? He experimented with playing less last year and his results were pretty consistent. Doing the same this year makes a lot of sense.

This ^^^
The season is bloody long. And the first few tournaments are pretty average.

Johnny Canuck
15th February 2013, 09:52 PM
I read an article recently where he used a conventional putter in a pro am "just to stir people up".

dc68
16th February 2013, 12:04 AM
Why is this in the sports bar? Please move it to the equipment sub please mods.

Captain Nemo
16th February 2013, 07:49 AM
Why is this in the sports bar? Please move it to the equipment sub please mods.
DC for Mod!

dc68
16th February 2013, 08:23 AM
DC for Mod!

Ummm. Pass.

Mububban
16th February 2013, 11:58 AM
It's not the new Daddy Long Legs is it?

http://www.pgatour.com/equipmentreport/2013/02/06/holmes--singh-test-new-taylormade-putter.html

Currently touted as the highest MOI putter TaylorMade has ever created, Daddy Long Legs appears to be the company's answer to the proposed 2016 ban on belly and long putters.

Designed to deliver a unique "counterbalance" performance through a heavier 15-inch grip that conforms to USGA guidelines, TaylorMade believes Daddy Long Legs' heavier mass putter head and grip is the new performance avenue for players looking for stability and high MOI in a larger mallet-style putter head at a non-traditional length.

Captain Nemo
16th February 2013, 12:06 PM
Ummm AS is a Titleist staffer so that would be NO!
See pics above....

rowey
16th February 2013, 12:18 PM
Titleist do you know what the go is with the weight looking things at the back of the club, is this an experiment by SC

Captain Nemo
16th February 2013, 12:20 PM
Yeh they are the same weights as the ones in the Select range just put on top.
Probably just more for aesthetics on top if anything?

rowey
16th February 2013, 12:25 PM
It wouldn't be a cheap experiment either I would say

Captain Nemo
16th February 2013, 12:26 PM
Don't think AS pays for his putters.....😉

rowey
16th February 2013, 12:32 PM
I didn't mean expensive to him, was refering to SC....

sms316
16th February 2013, 01:21 PM
Instead of investing in cheat bats for the next 34 months, the schizos who use these putters should invest in a frontal lobotomy as a permanent solution.

Looney
16th February 2013, 01:46 PM
SMS the constant comments about them being cheat sticks is getting boring, we know they have been banded from 2016 but until then
They don't break the rules. And yes I use a long putter ( broomstick and a belly) as well as a standard length putter.

Captain Nemo
16th February 2013, 02:03 PM
I didn't mean expensive to him, was refering to SC....

Doubt it, pretty sure it's mocked up on a computer then milled from that?

rowey
16th February 2013, 03:38 PM
SMS the constant comments about them being cheat sticks is getting boring, we know they have been banded from 2016 but until then
They don't break the rules. And yes I use a long putter ( broomstick and a belly) as well as a standard length putter.

Well said, apparently when the time comes the normal club golfer may still be aloud to use them

timah!
16th February 2013, 03:47 PM
*Banned

*Allowed

You're welcome. And no they won't and nor should they.

sms316
16th February 2013, 04:12 PM
You carry 3 putters?

sms316
16th February 2013, 04:14 PM
Well said, apparently when the time comes the normal club golfer may still be aloud to use them
You can live in hope Rowey, but the fact is that the game is better off with the social lepers who continue to use cheat sticks walking away from the game. Don't let the door hit you in the arse on the way out.

Looney
16th February 2013, 04:29 PM
Yes SMS I carry 3 putters all of which are currently legal. And until the ban starts I will continue to use a long putter.

sms316
16th February 2013, 04:40 PM
When do you use them? Do you carry all three onto each green?

Looney
16th February 2013, 04:55 PM
Do you secretly long for a long stick SMS is that the problem? Does using a short club make you feel more at home.

sms316
16th February 2013, 04:57 PM
Not at all. Any chance of you answering my question? Or are you going to be another one of these long putter users who rants and raves without answering a direct question without resorting to personal slurs?

Perhaps if you exercised a bit more self control, you wouldn't get that dirty nervous twitch?

Jarro
16th February 2013, 04:59 PM
Keep it civil gents ......

Looney
16th February 2013, 05:05 PM
So your question is do I carry 3 putters at once, is that right? The answer is no I don't but have used each type of putter at different
times. I am sure you already knew that I would not carry 3 putters at once which is why I didn't answer your question.

Another point you might like to think about is that the long putter is not being baned just the use of a anchor point so I can easily
continue to use any one of my putters.

So how about you give up on the constant carry on about long putters?

Looney
16th February 2013, 05:12 PM
Keep it civil gents ......
Maybe look to have people who use tags like peoplewhoanchorareworsethanchildmolesters removed if you want people to be civil Jarro

sms316
16th February 2013, 05:12 PM
I've seen some psychos carry and use two putters before - short for long putts and a broomstick for inside 20 feet. Carrying three wouldn't make much sense but it isn't beyond the realms of possibility.

I understand the difference between using a cheat stick and anchoring. IMO the officials missed a beat here. I can see things already moving towards counterbalancing. Perhaps they should max out total weight of putters?

I'm happy to leave this thread alone now. Hopefully the mods haven't locked the "Banning the Belly" thread.

Jarro
16th February 2013, 05:15 PM
Maybe look at have tags like peoplewhoanchorareworsethanchildmolesters removed if you want people to be civil to SMS Jarro

Good point.

Please remove that phrase from your signature SMS.

sms316
16th February 2013, 05:16 PM
Maybe look at have tags like peoplewhoanchorareworsethanchildmolesters removed if you want people to be civil to SMS Jarro
I changed it for you champ. It was probably a little harsh.

Ashes
16th February 2013, 05:27 PM
I've seen some psychos carry and use two putters before - short for long putts and a broomstick for inside 20 feet. Carrying three wouldn't make much sense but it isn't beyond the realms of possibility.

I understand the difference between using a cheat stick and anchoring. IMO the officials missed a beat here. I can see things already moving towards counterbalancing. Perhaps they should max out total weight of putters?

I'm happy to leave this thread alone now. Hopefully the mods haven't locked the "Banning the Belly" thread.

Always enjoy your input SMS.

Haven't seen many too many cheat sticks on the course recently, although I did see one bloke on Thursday four jack with a broomstick. I wasn't sure whether he deserved my pity or ridicule..

Captain Nemo
18th February 2013, 09:56 AM
One more:

Captain Nemo
18th February 2013, 09:57 AM
Oh, and if a Mod has time, could they move this thread to the appropriate section?

timah!
18th February 2013, 09:58 AM
As ugly as it is, how cool would it be to have a putter designed and made just for you!

Captain Nemo
18th February 2013, 09:58 AM
And plenty of pics here:
http://www.golfwrx.com/71871/adam-scott-spotted-with-a-prototype-scotty-cameron-long-putter/

TourFit
18th February 2013, 10:53 AM
As ugly as it is, how cool would it be to have a putter designed and made just for you!

Kari Lajosi could give it a crack, surely?

timah!
18th February 2013, 12:52 PM
Kari Lajosi could give it a crack, surely?

Dunno, maybe one day I'll find out!

Ferrins
18th February 2013, 01:23 PM
By the way sms I'm the champ not jarro.

dhills2
28th February 2013, 01:21 PM
I'd love to see someone use a broomstick without anchoring... who would have thought someone who owns a broomstick could make themselves look even more ridiculous than they already do. A short belly might work without anchoring for counterbalance reasons but it'll be golf's answer to 3/4 pants... something that just doesn't look quite right and is a dead giveaway that you're probably the guy that lost his virginity in his late 20s to his third cousin.

Tomson
28th February 2013, 02:16 PM
I'd love to see someone use a broomstick without anchoring... who would have thought someone who owns a broomstick could make themselves look even more ridiculous than they already do. A short belly might work without anchoring for counterbalance reasons but it'll be golf's answer to 3/4 pants... something that just doesn't look quite right and is a dead giveaway that you're probably the guy that lost his virginity in his late 20s to his third cousin.

Doesn't Matt Kuchur use a long putter that is not anchored to his body?

sol381
28th February 2013, 03:12 PM
yeah he holds it against his left arm i think.. Johnny miller was going on about it at the accenture matchplay.. He also had to add that he was the first player to win a tournament using the broomstick putter in the 70s.

rowey
28th February 2013, 03:20 PM
Read somewhere recently that Odysey have bent their belly putter shaft 4deg so it leans more into the forearm so you can brace it with the other hand....

sms316
28th February 2013, 03:27 PM
Perhaps you should get one for pennant season Rowey.

Daves
28th February 2013, 03:28 PM

Piss easy apparently;

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0J7hiU9ToZk

rowey
28th February 2013, 03:29 PM
Perhaps you should get one for pennant season Rowey.

Yeah what ever

Captain Nemo
16th April 2013, 09:40 AM
Here you go....looks like the "cheatstick" is on the way out!
Fugly, hope it works.....:roll:

Well there you go, in all its Masters glory...
Top Pic 3rd in....
Id say he will stick with this shape ala Day's Spider thingo and go to conventional length like the other pics.

Johnny Canuck
16th April 2013, 10:01 AM
He should modify the spider and replace it with an asterisk with a flat face. That would get the people screaming!