PDA

View Full Version : WA: Nullabor Cup - The Captains

rubin
12th February 2013, 07:18 PM
its not far away, and as is mentioned in 300,000,000 other threads, we need to put in a decent showing this year.

So, best way to go (IMO) would be to put it to a Vote.

All WAnkers will be eligible, person with the most votes wins (previous Post count rules apply - wouldnt be any good rocking up on the day with TWM as captain and no-one knowing who the hell he was)

Pole is above for all to see - but would be good if we could make it hidden so only the results are seen at the end.

edit: point of clarification - this is for FUN and in no way reflects who should, or will be, the new WAnker captain.

Jarro
12th February 2013, 07:27 PM
Fromy ??

Ashes
Close the poll now. Who won?

Marto65
Jack will probably be our captain.

IamViva
12th February 2013, 07:28 PM
i second fromy as captain

rubin
12th February 2013, 07:29 PM
Close the poll now. Who won?

Yoss - he came first..

rubin
12th February 2013, 07:30 PM
Fromy ??

i second fromy as captain

post count lads - post count.

Ashes
12th February 2013, 07:30 PM
That's what she (you) said..

Jarro
12th February 2013, 07:33 PM
Reggie Pertango ??

rubin
12th February 2013, 07:38 PM
That's what she (you) said..
sucks when that happens. ;)

Johnny Canuck
12th February 2013, 07:38 PM
Fromy has been banned, even though he was a legit member.

His 10 posts will count towards his total once he signs up again.

sms316
12th February 2013, 07:39 PM
Go Canuck! You guys were excellent under his leadership last year.

Johnny Canuck
12th February 2013, 07:41 PM
Go Yoss!

Dotty
12th February 2013, 07:51 PM
You need Dave1 as leader.

Dave1 is a doer. Dave1 is not a thinker.

Shadesy
12th February 2013, 08:00 PM
I think a guy that lost 5 and 4 in a 9 hole playoff should DEFO be Captain

Go Yoss

Ashes
12th February 2013, 08:12 PM
How do I vote for myself again?

Shadesy
12th February 2013, 09:57 PM
How do I vote for myself again?

Lets check the list

1. You need to be able to play Friday... Nope
2. It's played on a short public track... Nope
3. You only need 15 or so points to win... Nope
4. It's played in temps 23 degrees and under...nope

Vote 1 Ashes!

bergsey
12th February 2013, 10:38 PM
Lets check the list

Vote 1 Ashes!

burn!

Veefore
12th February 2013, 10:40 PM
I vote against a vote.
We all know how leadership votes go.
Surely if Julia and Colin have taught us anything it's that a popular vote is not a reliable way to choose leaders.

Johnny Canuck
12th February 2013, 10:46 PM
Two heads are better than one, Go Yossmo!

bergsey
12th February 2013, 10:53 PM
Two heads are better than one, Go Yossmo!

what? im out

Golfnut
12th February 2013, 10:54 PM
.....All WAnkers will be eligible, person with the most votes wins (previous Post count rules apply - wouldnt be any good rocking up on the day with TWM as captain and no-one knowing who the hell he was)

*cough cough*

rubin
12th February 2013, 10:59 PM
As the polls open, lets review our candidates 1 by 1 and see how they may fare up over the long haul.

First up is the current WAnker captain - Johnny Canuck.
His past performances in pressure situations would indicate that he has a strong character and could possess the skills required of a good leader. Unfortunately, his last term in office ended in a bitter defeat and the public opinion polls show his stock is on the decline. This, coupled with his loose tongue and larger than life ego could be his undoing.

Expect a strong start from this guy, but just like ashes when it reaches double digit temperatures - we dont expect him to last long.

rubin
12th February 2013, 11:02 PM
The first of the expected front runners - Hocko has been around a many number of years. A many, many, many number of years. As such, one would expect experience and a calm under pressure approach.

Not so from this fiery bean pole.

His helicoptering is legen (waitforit) - dary across this great nation, however he still comands respect and attention from the crowd. Expect this war horse to go the distance.

Ashes
12th February 2013, 11:03 PM
Lets check the list

Vote 1 Ashes!

You forgot..

5. Prior matchplay experience....nope

Vote 1 Ashes!

rubin
12th February 2013, 11:06 PM
Ozgolfs own Mrs Simms is has been around now - for not quite as long as he looks like he has been (weird but true). May attract the sympathy vote from the public for simply looking as old and as frail as he does.

Nevertheless, theres a sharp wit behind those baby blues of his, and im told a brain in there somewhere as well. Just like John Howard, you would always expect him to poll well in a public arena.

rubin
12th February 2013, 11:07 PM
*cough cough*

Sorry - Wankers expected to play.

Ashes
12th February 2013, 11:08 PM
Ok, I'm officially launching my campaign after gaining Shadesy's endorsement.

"Ashby One Three" is the slogan.

Just to clear a few things up before we get into this:

1. I did not have sexual relations with that woman, Ms Lewinski.
2. I am not a crook.
3. I am, however, available on the Friday having organised the day off work at the start of the year.

rubin
12th February 2013, 11:09 PM
Shadesy - a relative new comer to OzGolf - he has made his ass known to many on the OG tour of Aus. The lad isnt expected to figure well in this having spent too much time and attention in the organisation of events.

He will grab a sneaky few, but don't expect him to figure in the final result.

rubin
12th February 2013, 11:12 PM
As the current ozgolf ghey (for reasons unknown - its rumoured the lad has girl, but sources cannot confirm) votes for this guy will likely come from the gay and lesbian community - so he may get 1. (Thanks yoss).

His first attempt at leadership failed dismally in a pathetic performance some years ago at secret harbour. Again, likely to be an also ran.

rubin
12th February 2013, 11:16 PM
Most likely to e the early leader on the back of a great number of weeks posting - Yoss will be a prominent figure in this campaign.

The ozgolf bellend, ghey, homo and self abuser, his victory will be bitter sweet should it sway his way (not THAT way guyssssss ;) )he is a stalwart of the OzGolf circuit and is very well known to the public. His leadership skills havent been truelly tested yet, but the young guy from the dark side of the moon could well surprise everyone

adlo
12th February 2013, 11:19 PM
This attempt at humour sold yet?

rubin
12th February 2013, 11:20 PM
Tourfat, carnoustie, Floorburger, peternoustie, carnoustie, clubs, carnoustie.

Tourfit (hey did i tell u about carnoustie??) is the mouth from... Well.... The north actually (or pete - did i tell u what pete's doing??) would love to be Captain WAnker for a day, but sadly, he'll have forgotten all about the campaign and everything else for that matter to tell us all knce again about Carnoustie....
Or maybe it was peternoustie?
Or how about tourditch?

Pieface
12th February 2013, 11:21 PM
Have you been on the pipe tonight Rubes?

Shadesy
12th February 2013, 11:25 PM
I like his spirit...

popper81
12th February 2013, 11:34 PM
You boys are a rabble already... You make Lefty and his sack of spuds look good.

Marto is right! It will be like taking candy from a baby.

rubin
12th February 2013, 11:41 PM
Have you been on the pipe tonight Rubes?

Nah, got bored, sarted typing. More to come.

rubin
12th February 2013, 11:42 PM
This attempt at humour sold yet?

Depends - u hit a golf ball yet?

Golfnut
12th February 2013, 11:46 PM
Sorry - Wankers expected to play.

Pretty sure I've made an appearance at more champs than you, Jeffo and Ashes combined.

But anyway, you may carry on with this charade if it amuses you......vote cast, Go Cosmo!

Golfnut
12th February 2013, 11:48 PM
Nah, got bored, sarted typing. More to come.

Please......no.

adlo
12th February 2013, 11:52 PM
****, wheres the megamoddy when you need a thread shut down?

Go Golfnut!

Golfnut
12th February 2013, 11:55 PM
****, wheres the megamoddy when you need a thread shut down?

Go Golfnut!

For once I completely agree with you Adz ;)

idgolfguy
12th February 2013, 11:57 PM
Very interesting reading. Thanks! Rubin.

Ashes
13th February 2013, 09:21 AM
Where's the rest of it?

Pieface
13th February 2013, 10:37 AM
Passed out I reckon...or he got his panties bunched up and quit :p

rubin
13th February 2013, 10:58 AM
Where's the rest of it?

Passed out I reckon...or he got his panties bunched up and quit :p

far from it. i was doing it on my phone and that died last night.

Further information on the candidates to follow shortly.

rubin
13th February 2013, 11:01 AM
"frickin nailed it" - this may be the catchcry of this pint sized candidate, but doubts have been rasied over whether he can actually nail this campaign.

Nuffie has been around the Ozgolf land, and is well known to the voting public. His downfall however are his disco biscuit induced rants which often leave all and sundry dazed, confused and somewhat concerned over the young guys Mental Health.

Early expectations are that he may pick a a vote or two, but won't trouble the front runners for the seat.

rubin
13th February 2013, 11:05 AM
The gothic man with girly hips - Ashes has a tough task ahead if he wants to win the seat.

He faces a number of uphill battles, starting with his recent form - the dismal and quite frankly embarassing display at the Summer Cup will go down in history. Not to mention that the Nullabor Cup is played during the day. In spring. When it is highly likely to be above 12* in air temperature.

On the plus side, his organisation efforts are exemplery, and would no doubt get the team sorted, organised and in place months before the event were to take place. If the event is in fact a rider cup style event, and the Leader of the teams does not play - Vote 1 Ashes. If the leader is required to play - my votes going elsewhere.

rubin
13th February 2013, 11:11 AM
Miranda Kerr
Jennifer Hawkins

If you ask Tourfit - this man is sexier than all of them.

The WAnkers know him as Bergsey, and whilst the WAnker public don't necessarily agree with Tourfits mancrush, Bergsey has one of the best looking swings going around.

Unfortunately for Bergs, he has been realtively quiet over the past few months, and is not always up for the big game when the time comes. There are no doubts that he would prove to be a strong and effective leader, however public awareness of this candidate may well be his downfall.

sms316
13th February 2013, 11:17 AM
Comedy gold Lubin! Keep them coming.

rubin
13th February 2013, 11:18 AM
IdGolfGuy is OzGolfs answer to Katut.

The patent-pending pygmy punch is a staple of this guys public awareness. His zen like comments make this candidate sound a lot more relaxed and laid back then what he is, which may prove to be his undoing.

As one of the elder WAnkers, what he lacks in height, he makes up for with pearls of wisdom and the experience of pressure situations. He is a Matchplay stalwart, but has a fondness for the goat tracks of the northern suburbs (Chequers anyone?).

Whilst he would be a worthy leader, IDG is likely to have flown under the public radar and therefor wont figure in the running in this campaign.

TourFit
13th February 2013, 11:25 AM
Yoss - he came first..

Soggy biscuit game again...?

TourFit
13th February 2013, 11:34 AM
The ACC is watching Lubes...be careful.

I know you are on something when you post that I have a massive mancrush on Bergs AND that he has one of the best looking swings! (Maybe YOU think he has a beautiful swing just 'cos he can hit it left :razz:)

rubin
13th February 2013, 11:35 AM
One of the newest additions to the WAnker crew, Jeffo has been in the public eye for only a short time now.

Not much is known about the youg bloke from down south, other than the local knowledge he may possess of the area could be beneficial to the team should he hain the top spot. However unlikely this may be.

rubin
13th February 2013, 11:43 AM
vying to be the First Lady of Ozgolf, Cosmo has come out of the blocks strong.

Having made the trek a number of times now to QLD champs, she is looking to take on the leadership for the True Champs and Nullabor cup this coming october.

Accusations have surrounded Cosmo in the past - white tee's, Tourfits, Red Tee's, SMS, but she has kept her head about her. Unfortunately her past performances have been as goodas what she would have liked, and is yet to put in a strong showing in front of the home crowd.

However, she is likely to pick up quite a few votes, and will be front runner early on. Time will tell if she go the distance.

rubin
13th February 2013, 11:48 AM
Those who were looking for candidacy, but missed out:

Golfnut - You can't lowball leadership, and neither can bail on it. Then come back to it. then bail on it again. OzGolf needsd consistency and WAnkers need someone dependable.
Pieface - Larger than life, but unfortunately largely not playing enough to warrant a nomination.
Shortylook - Having trouble with his game and is surrounded in controversy - will he or wont he make a new thread about a minor swing change...
TWM - Post Count
Veefore - will be spending too much time on the Royal and Ancient Hartfield match committe to be able to devote enough time to true Leadership
Veeman - Its unsure if the big guy will be out and about for this event.
Jackson - scared of the golf course - or just scared of letting anyone see him play. Either way, a Leader is in the public eye - all the time.
Pencil - has the game, but with a single past appearance, public awareness is an issue.

Golfnut
13th February 2013, 12:50 PM
Rubin, unlike yo ass on a Saturday night, I've never been 'in' then 'out' then 'in' then 'out' for any Ozgolf event.

You are making Nucknet look good, lift your game champ ;)

rubin
13th February 2013, 01:25 PM
Rubin, unlike yo ass on a Saturday night, I've never been 'in' then 'out' then 'in' then 'out' for any Ozgolf event.

You are making Nucknet look good, lift your game champ ;)

No need to get pissy GN - denial is the first step towards acceptance ;)

Shadesy
13th February 2013, 06:35 PM
I appreciate the person who voted for me, but I believe your best player doesn't necessarily have to be captain, so with that in mind, I happily withdraw my application as captain.

Shadesy
13th February 2013, 08:10 PM
Please do not take my withdrawal as a lack of leadership, but with me organizing this event I think it prudent to let some other WAnker put up their hand up and also show their leadership skills.

sms316
13th February 2013, 08:14 PM
Fair enough Shadesy. You can only carry the rest of them so far.

Ashes
13th February 2013, 08:24 PM
Fair call Shadesy. As good as you are, captain and organizer would be a huge burden.

Surely JC deserves a shot at redemption? Some of the great captains haven't had success first up.

TourFit
13th February 2013, 08:59 PM
Surely JC deserves a shot at redemption? Some of the great captains haven't had success first up.

And some of the worst captains haven't had success 2nd time around either! :lol:

Iain
13th February 2013, 09:21 PM
Go Yoss!!

Pieface
13th February 2013, 09:27 PM
Fair play Rubes. Nice contribution to building the hype.

bergsey
13th February 2013, 10:51 PM
I have a massive mancrush on Bergs

I don't blame you 'fit. I'm a gemini so also have a crush on myself.

Rubin, sure this wasn't a reverse poll? Funny that the leading contender couldn't organise a root in a brothel.. ;)

Ashes
13th February 2013, 11:09 PM
Funny that the leading contender couldn't organise a root in a brothel.. ;)

But I could probably arrange that if you vote 1 Ashes!

Johnny Canuck
13th February 2013, 11:13 PM
There have been some text messages floating around from recently banned members, not named Yoss, that we are all "pissweak" and afraid to step up as leaders.

Golfnut
13th February 2013, 11:36 PM
When did Megamod get banned?

TourFit
14th February 2013, 12:53 AM
Mega is too piss weak to even post anymore.

He's still in denial that simmsy up & left him.

Marto65
14th February 2013, 03:05 AM
Some of the great captains haven't had success first up.

Yes they have.

Johnny Canuck
14th February 2013, 08:52 AM
Yes they have.

SMS put in a fine performance.

Ashes
14th February 2013, 10:23 AM
Why don't we appoint joint captains?

Golfnut
14th February 2013, 10:39 AM
Tommyg would be in the 'joint' bit.

Cosmopolite
14th February 2013, 10:53 AM
Tommyg would be in the 'joint' bit.
ROFL

Shadesy
14th February 2013, 11:02 AM
Surely WAnkers should only be able to vote in this poll, as I sense some Eastie Sabotage going on here.

Lets just make Hocko Captain and be done with it.

Marto65
14th February 2013, 11:05 AM
Why would there be Eastie Sabotage ... you guys have never done that to anyone before, have you?

rubin
14th February 2013, 11:07 AM
Surely WAnkers should only be able to vote in this poll, as I sense some Eastie Sabotage going on here.

I agree - the WAnker vote is the only one that counts. I didn't know how to make it state exclusive though.

Why would there be Eastie Sabotage ... you guys have never done that to anyone before, have you?

Surely you, having met the fine group of Golfers from WA, would agree that we would never participate in such activities. ;)

Ashes
14th February 2013, 11:10 AM

Agreed. Hocko would be a fine choice.

Marto65
14th February 2013, 11:15 AM
Well .. you guys should have made it a public poll then, so you could count the WA Voters ...

AndyP
14th February 2013, 11:18 AM
I voted with 5 different aliases.

Shadesy
14th February 2013, 11:32 AM
Fromy's vote should count.

Pieface
14th February 2013, 01:44 PM
This is just like a US election. Cosmo is in front yet someone else is goping to get the gig.

hocko
14th February 2013, 02:15 PM

Agreed. Hocko would be a fine choice.
No thanks, let's vote OMS.

TourFit
14th February 2013, 02:42 PM
Whoever is voted WAnker Captain is on a hiding to nothing.

Might as well make it Yoss...at least he's used to it.

rubin
14th February 2013, 02:44 PM
F*** it - if no-one wants to put their hand up for it - I'll happily lead the WAnker crew to victory.

Shadesy
14th February 2013, 02:55 PM
This is just like a US election. Cosmo is in front yet someone else is goping to get the gig.

Not really, this has as much credibility as newsltd opinion poll.

Any idiot can vote in it and the results a meaningless :-)

hocko
14th February 2013, 03:08 PM
F*** it - if no-one wants to put their hand up for it - I'll happily lead the WAnker crew to victory.
Yeh right!

Shadesy
14th February 2013, 03:15 PM
Surely the Captain needs to be certainty to be picked :-)

rubin
14th February 2013, 03:20 PM
Surely the Captain needs to be certainty to be picked :-)

I'm happy to do it ryder cup style.

and with my cap - im a certainty to be picked.

sms316
14th February 2013, 03:56 PM
Typical WAnkers. Internal fighting as per usual.

Shadesy
14th February 2013, 04:33 PM
Typical WAnkers. Internal fighting as per usual.

Your Captain is quiet?

Jarro
14th February 2013, 04:41 PM

No, never :roll:

sms316
14th February 2013, 05:01 PM
Your Captain is quiet?
Shame he isn't on Facebook. Firey times for OZgolf on there last night. :lol:

IamViva
14th February 2013, 05:19 PM
Shame he isn't on Facebook. Firey times for OZgolf on there last night. :lol:
did heath try and add you?

sms316
14th February 2013, 05:22 PM
Who the **** is Heath?

TourFit
14th February 2013, 07:30 PM
It's Heaf...and he like tea.

veeman
15th February 2013, 12:26 AM
How about Vfore for Capt

simmsy
15th February 2013, 12:42 AM
All I know for sure is I wish it was October already.

I can't wait to hand out a beatin to all the eastieboyz.

luza
15th February 2013, 07:25 AM
This is sounding like the Labour Party, the most popular leader won't be elected!

TourFit
15th February 2013, 10:43 AM
Oh...I thought you meant clusterf*ck!

Zeusgolf
27th March 2013, 11:02 PM

Golfnut - You can't lowball leadership, and neither can bail on it. Then come back to it. then bail on it again. OzGolf needsd consistency and WAnkers need someone dependable.
Pieface - Larger than life, but unfortunately largely not playing enough to warrant a nomination.
Shortylook - Having trouble with his game and is surrounded in controversy - will he or wont he make a new thread about a minor swing change...
TWM - Post Count
Veefore - will be spending too much time on the Royal and Ancient Hartfield match committe to be able to devote enough time to true Leadership
Jackson - scared of the golf course - or just scared of letting anyone see him play. Either way, a Leader is in the public eye - all the time.
Pencil - has the game, but with a single past appearance, public awareness is an issue.

**** me i didnt even make it in this....

Go Zeus

tommyg
3rd April 2013, 11:56 PM
Its obvious that i am the spiritual leader. If you want me to be captain i will have to drink thursday night as well...

sms316
2nd June 2013, 12:16 PM
The mods have seen fit to ban me (and Dickie) from Ozgolf util Dec 2013. As a result, it would not be appropriate for me to attend any Ozgolf events during this time so sadly I won't be going to WA for the Wanker champs.

Could one of you kind gents please bump the "Nullabor Cup - Captains" thread to advise that I wont be able to lead the team. My apologies.

This puts a dent in proceedings. Not to mention a dent in my enthusiasm for this forum. FFS.

AndyP
2nd June 2013, 12:31 PM
This puts a dent in proceedings. Not to mention a dent in my enthusiasm for this forum. FFS.
Bye.

sms316
2nd June 2013, 12:59 PM
Bye. Have you got the rags on today?

AndyP
2nd June 2013, 01:01 PM
Have you got the rags on today?I'm in a great mood thanks.

Shadesy
2nd June 2013, 01:22 PM
AndyP you putting your hand up as captain?

AndyP
2nd June 2013, 01:37 PM
I wouldn't dare take the captaincy away from Marto.

simmsy
2nd June 2013, 01:56 PM
Well that's shit!

Jack, I hope you reconsider your position on visiting the west this year mate.
Us in the west are a little different mate and don't always agree with the decisions of the almighty, therefore we don't recognise the authorities that dished out this ban, further more we don't consider your ban to be in place west of the border.

OzGolf forums and comps are poorer for your absense.

LeftyHoges
2nd June 2013, 08:32 PM
It's ok, the Yeasties are subbing in iGolf as our captain.

He's gonna take on every WAnker by himself, head to head, and you guys get to play ambrose. He's assured us the Nully Cup is still staying in the East.

Shortylook
3rd June 2013, 10:19 PM

TWM - Post Count

Bastard!

rubin
3rd June 2013, 10:26 PM
It's ok, the Yeasties are subbing in iGolf as our captain.

He's gonna take on every WAnker by himself, head to head, and you guys get to play ambrose. He's assured us the Nully Cup is still staying in the East.

We're ****ed. What's the point in playing then?