PDA

View Full Version : Stats/Scorecards

Waddzy
9th February 2013, 07:38 AM
I know I will get jumped on for starting a new thread about stuff thats already been posted , but the search doesnt seem to be doing me any justice in finding a thread I was reading the other night.

It had a few different ways people had kept track of their scores and people had posted links to some printable score cards that included stats like FW hit with a column for missing it L or R , which clubs you used on the hole, how many putts , chips to 1.2m etc.

Could anyone please post if they have the links or have a scorecard they may share that is similiar to this? Also would like to know how you guys then keep track of each score card , enter into spread sheets? or can you get an app or program that I can enter into after each round?

Im finally starting to realise some trends on each hole I play at my local club and want to see if I can pin point where I need to really focus on.

Thanks guys.

Lagerlover
9th February 2013, 07:46 AM
PM me your address mate, I've got some you can have.

Marto65
9th February 2013, 07:55 AM
Waddsy. A few of us are starting to use Gamebook. Gonna try it out this weekend.

AndyP
9th February 2013, 08:00 AM
I use Scorecard you can see what it tracks on one of the links in my signature. A lot of people use apps that are on their phone now.

Jarro
9th February 2013, 08:04 AM
Waddsy. A few of us are starting to use Gamebook. Gonna try it out this weekend.

Is that the thing Courty sent out the link too ?

Waddzy
9th February 2013, 08:49 AM
I use Scorecard you can see what it tracks on one of the links in my signature. A lot of people use apps that are on their phone now.

I Like what this keeps track of, but do they have printable versions to keep track on course? I think I will be able to do my own spreadsheet table , was more looking for a well set up card to take on course with me.

Also Marto I just downloaded the app for gamebook , started a round and didnt see it allowing me to input FW hit , etc? only scores? still looks like a good app as it calculates your Hcap for you and allows the shots straight up.

CobraSS
9th February 2013, 09:34 AM
Gstatpro just about does it all.

Veefore
9th February 2013, 09:35 AM
I've started using my own spreadsheets now because nothing else has the "shots gained putting" stat that I feel is really important. Counting putts or putts per GIR is pretty pointless.

Marto65
9th February 2013, 09:45 AM
Is that the thing Courty sent out the link too ?

Yep

Bruce
9th February 2013, 10:52 AM
I've started using my own spreadsheets now because nothing else has the "shots gained putting" stat that I feel is really important. Counting putts or putts per GIR is pretty pointless.

Who are you gaining those shots against?

AndyP
9th February 2013, 02:06 PM
I Like what this keeps track of, but do they have printable versions to keep track on course? I think I will be able to do my own spreadsheet table , was more looking for a well set up card to take on course with me.
I don't know if it has printable sheets. I have always entered it directly into the iPod or iPhone, then sync it when I get home.

3Puttpete
9th February 2013, 02:27 PM
Golfshot lite. Free on the App Store

3Puttpete
9th February 2013, 02:28 PM
I've started using my own spreadsheets now because nothing else has the "shots gained putting" stat that I feel is really important. Counting putts or putts per GIR is pretty pointless. Do you get everybody else in your comps to give you their putting stats?

Courty
9th February 2013, 02:47 PM
Golfshot Lite is good. Gamebook is only average for stat keeping.

If you don'y have a smartphone, you could just print this one:

http://i.imgur.com/zC56snF.jpg

markTHEblake
9th February 2013, 04:12 PM
Or you could just enter them at Home. Surely only Solarman is incapable of remembering all his shots.

Veefore
9th February 2013, 08:28 PM
Who are you gaining those shots against?

Do you get everybody else in your comps to give you their putting stats?

Nah. I'm using the 2010 US PGA Tour putting stats for my comparison. It's really a comparison of the "average" tour pro's putting stats for the year at each distance from 1ft out to about 40ft I think it is in 1ft increments.
For example, in 2010 on average the Pro's on the US PGA Tour make 50% of putts from 7'6". If I 2 putt from that distance I've dropped half a shot against them. If I 1 putt I've gained half a shot.

It's not really precise and without Shotlink at my club it'll never be truly accurate against the fields I play in.
But it is a FAR SUPERIOR measure of putting than counting putts per round or putts per GIR. I really get a true reflection of how I'm putting on the day.

So far since I've been doing it my best round has been 1.3 putts worse than an "average" Tour Pro. My worst is exactly 7 shots.

I've got a LONG way to go in improving.

BenM
9th February 2013, 08:38 PM
That is a good way to do putting stats, I've always said that the putting stats in Golfshot are pretty meaningless (and to be used as a guide only). Trouble is I can't be arsed doing anything more complicated like you've done!

Glad you reminded me though, I just put a feature request in to Golfshot asking if they'll give us the ability to export rounds/stats to an Excel spreadsheet.

PeteyD
9th February 2013, 08:39 PM
Interesting idea.

simmsy
9th February 2013, 09:13 PM
Nah. I'm using the 2010 US PGA Tour putting stats for my comparison. It's really a comparison of the "average" tour pro's putting stats for the year at each distance from 1ft out to about 40ft I think it is in 1ft increments.
For example, in 2010 on average the Pro's on the US PGA Tour make 50% of putts from 7'6". If I 2 putt from that distance I've dropped half a shot against them. If I 1 putt I've gained half a shot.

It's not really precise and without Shotlink at my club it'll never be truly accurate against the fields I play in.
But it is a FAR SUPERIOR measure of putting than counting putts per round or putts per GIR. I really get a true reflection of how I'm putting on the day.

So far since I've been doing it my best round has been 1.3 putts worse than an "average" Tour Pro. My worst is exactly 7 shots.

I've got a LONG way to go in improving.

You need to have sex more often V4.

Veefore
9th February 2013, 11:03 PM
That is a good way to do putting stats, I've always said that the putting stats in Golfshot are pretty meaningless (and to be used as a guide only). Trouble is I can't be arsed doing anything more complicated like you've done!

Glad you reminded me though, I just put a feature request in to Golfshot asking if they'll give us the ability to export rounds/stats to an Excel spreadsheet.

It's pretty easy. Just pace off the length of the first putt then the putt count. Enter it into the spreadsheet and it's done.

You need to have sex more often V4.

I've been told that before and never disagreed. :)

Feelzy
9th February 2013, 11:28 PM
I'm using the 2010 US PGA Tour putting stats for my comparison. It's really a comparison of the "average" tour pro's putting stats for the year at each distance from 1ft out to about 40ft I think it is in 1ft increments.

Could you possibly send me this 2010 data Veefore? The PGA Tour site is killing me by not showing the stats I want.