PDA

View Full Version : Worst sporting team - Wallabies

Fishman Dan
9th November 2005, 08:00 PM
Anyone here watch the game the other morning? This is one sporting team that has lost the plot. And now i read today that they axed Giteau and Wendell??

2 blokes need the chop - the coach, and the captain. While they're at it, the fat spaz called Matt Dunning.

Peter Roebuck (ABC cricket commentator) made a poignant comment (re: Buchanan) - the coach has given the team what he offers, and taken them where he intended. It's time for something new, and a new coach to set a new course for the team. Couldn't be a truer word said re Eddie Jones.

Jarro
9th November 2005, 08:08 PM
i agree, i think they NEED to get rid of captain and coach.

I mean, how much longer can Gregan be carried by the rest of the team, he's done nothing for ages and looks like he's reached hi use by date.

saying that, the forwards aren't exactly setting the world on fire :roll:

I can't stand Union, but i hate seeing an Aussie rep side performing so badly :(

Grunt
9th November 2005, 08:12 PM
How old is Gregan?
That tackle against the kiwis seems a very long time ago

3oneday
9th November 2005, 08:23 PM
Did you see in todays paper that they have won 2 tests overseas since 200 I think, and lost 16 ???? FFS !!!! Who is Eddie Jones sleeping with in there ???

:x

Fishman Dan
9th November 2005, 08:39 PM
The thing that p'd my q's in the game the other day is the number of times Gregan had a whinge to the ref - when the ball was there to be played! Once he starts doing that, the team falls apart and his game is all over.

Virgal_Tracy
10th November 2005, 08:13 AM
Everyone keeps complaining about the time it takes to get the ball out of a ruck. everytime Gregan picks the ball up he takes 2 steps backwards before passing leaving everyone in the backline stuttering waiting for the ball.

This is best shown when Whitticker comes on. He is old fashioned in that he sets his feet and just rifles the pass out meaning we are going forward. Someone suggested Giteau to half and Rogers to fly half. Good suggestions and one I'd like to see tried.

3oneday
10th November 2005, 09:20 AM
Someone suggested Giteau to half and Rogers to fly half. Good suggestions and one I'd like to see tried.seems not whilst Jones is coach. Found it amusing today to see the paper pushing Nucifora for a replacement. Hello !! the guy they sacked cause all the players hated him !!! good cred there !!!

He is simply too conservative in his selections...

Pete

Bruce
10th November 2005, 11:50 AM
The Aussie trophy case used to be full. World cup, Bledisloe, Tri Nations you name it - we had it.

The only way to go was down. But I haven't noticed much in the way of personnel changes since then. It still Canon and Sharpe and Fat Matt Dunning doing the rounds in the forward pack. Still Gregan and Larkham (when uninjured). We have let the game pass us by.

Fishman Dan
10th November 2005, 05:53 PM
Everyone keeps complaining about the time it takes to get the ball out of a ruck. everytime Gregan picks the ball up he takes 2 steps backwards before passing leaving everyone in the backline stuttering waiting for the ball.

This is best shown when Whitticker comes on. He is old fashioned in that he sets his feet and just rifles the pass out meaning we are going forward. Someone suggested Giteau to half and Rogers to fly half. Good suggestions and one I'd like to see tried.

Spot on Virge - 2 steps, and you can read where the pass is going in last weeks paper. It's 2 dimensional and boring.

The French smashed us in the line last weekend. They knew where the pass was going, and the backline was so flat! Without wanting to sound like Phil Gould - they should have all taken another 3 steps back to give the ball a chance to get through the hands?!

Grunt
21st July 2007, 05:04 PM
Hopefully they can play better tonight and lose this tag

PeteyD
21st July 2007, 06:34 PM
Grunt you can be a daft moron. They beat the all blacks in Melbourne 2 weeks ago. What are you threadmining this old crappolla up for anyway?

Grunt
21st July 2007, 06:46 PM
Well did they win?

Moe Norman
22nd July 2007, 07:55 AM
no, and losing to the All blacks at Eden Park in the rain must make them The Worst Sporting Team :roll:

3oneday
22nd July 2007, 09:50 AM
Hopefully they can play better tonight and lose this tagyep, every sporting team wishes to look better in the eyes of Dan :roll:

AndyP
22nd July 2007, 11:05 AM
yep, every sporting team wishes to look better in the eyes of Dan :roll:
*yawn*

3oneday
22nd July 2007, 11:26 AM
*yawn*
http://www.ozgolf.net/forums/profile.php?do=editlist
;)

Fishman Dan
22nd July 2007, 11:57 AM
Issues.

AndyP
22nd July 2007, 03:19 PM
http://www.ozgolf.net/forums/profile.php?do=editlist
;)Believe me, I've thought of using it many times, unfortunately it makes moderating a little hard.