PDA

View Full Version : 2013 VIC Champs travel, accomm and events thread

LeftyHoges
31st January 2013, 10:38 AM
Sorry OZgolf, I promise this will be the last thread dedicated to this event (besides the all important picture thread during, and the fashion awards thread after).

This is so we can figure out who is going where, need lifts etc.

Please let me know your details so I can figure out who we need to pick up from airports etc. Thanks!

Name
Arr Date
Arr Time
Trans by
Dep date
Dep time
Own trans?
Comments
Rooming with...

LeftyHoges
14th
2PMish
Lefty
18th
Whenever
Yes
Will have trailer for 7-8 bags, carry 4 passengers

Kev
14th

Kev
18th

Yes
Offered to do airport runs

Iain
15th
9:15am
Marto
18th
3:30pm
Yes (Hire)
Will need to get to airport Monday
AndyP

Popper81
14th
1:15pm
Lefty
18th
?
No
Lefty to transport
Lucasto23, wbennett, Monsta65

LarryLong
15th

17th

Yes

mint
16th

?

Courty
14th

Lefty
18th
3:20PM
No
Lefty to transport
Marto65

Marto65
15th
Marto
17th
Evening
Yes (Hire)
Leaving Sunday eve. Will transport Iain and AndyP.
Courty

FlowerGirl
16th

17th

Each other @ home ;-)

JohnnyBoy
16th

16th

Each other @ home ;-)

andigold
15th

18th

Bruce
16th

17th

Peter_rs
14th

18th

BenM
14th
10:55am
Lefty
18th
4:30pm
No
Lefty to transport

HCC
15th

17th

muldude
16th

17th

IanO
16th
~11:30am
IanO
16th
Late ;-)
Yes
Just playing Saturday (Boo!)
None

Lucasto23
15th
8:15am
kev
18th
5:00pm
No
kev to transport
Popper81, wbennett, monsta65

oncewasagolfer
15th
Evening
oncewas
17th
Whenever
Yes
Own transport

AndyP
15th
Marto
18th
3:30pm
Yes (hire)
Will need to get to airport Monday
Iain

wbennett
15th
12ish
Monsta
18th
whenever
Yes

popper81, lucasto23, monsta65

Monsta65
15th
12ish
Monsta
18th
whenever
Yes

popper81, lucasto23, wbennett

grumpy
14th
5:00pm
grumpy
19th

Yes (hire)
Has hire car, staying until Tuesday

spanner039
14th

18th

Not playing 15th, 16th & 17th

Marto65
31st January 2013, 10:46 AM
Lefty.

I will be arriving at the airport on Friday Morning. at the same time as AndyP and Iain.

I will be giving them a lfit in the hire car I'm getting. I'm out on Sunday Night, so I will be able to drop them back at the hotel before heading to the airport, I imagine.

popper81
31st January 2013, 10:47 AM
Lefty,

My flights aren't booked yet.... But these are the ones i will be on, at this stage.

14th - Arrive 1.15pm Tullamarine
18th - Depart 6pm Tullamarine.

These times were based purely on the fact that, Courty arrives at a similar time on the 14th... And the SEQ boys were flying out a similar time on the 18th ( they are flying to the GC, I will fly to BNE)

Iain
31st January 2013, 10:50 AM
Iain and Andy, arrive at 915. Leave at 1530, assuming Andy has accepted the change. I believe we're going to hitch a ride with Marto.

Monsta
31st January 2013, 10:54 AM
Lefty,

Benno and myself are covered, own transport (if he doesnt piss me off in the next 14 days :lol:)

AndyP
31st January 2013, 11:01 AM
Iain and Andy, arrive at 915. Leave at 1530, assuming Andy has accepted the change. I believe we're going to hitch a ride with Marto.
Big assumption, but I did finally do it and chose an aisle seat.

popper81
31st January 2013, 11:04 AM

Lefty, now that I will wait and see with monday flights...

Iain
31st January 2013, 11:25 AM
Big assumption, but I did finally do it and chose an aisle seat. But correct.

BenM
31st January 2013, 12:40 PM
Maaaaate... I get into Tulla at 10:55AM on Thurs 14th Feb - fly out on Mon 18th Feb at 4:30PM. I haven't hired a car (though I am happy to if needs be) - was kinda hoping to scab a lift to/from the airport. The golf clubs will be in a pretty big case (it fits across the back seat of a large car eg Commodore).

AndyP
31st January 2013, 01:15 PM
I might fly into the first course by helicopter, Peter Hudson style. I'm just checking with the OZgolf accountants.

Marto65
31st January 2013, 01:18 PM
Havent heard who shotgunned the front seat yet ... the back seat may have some clubs to mind ...

Iain
31st January 2013, 01:24 PM
Can't call shotgun til you see the car, can you?

Marto65
31st January 2013, 01:30 PM
No idea ... I've never heard that rule ..

LeftyHoges
31st January 2013, 01:34 PM
Maaaaate... I get into Tulla at 10:55AM on Thurs 14th Feb - fly out on Mon 18th Feb at 4:30PM. I haven't hired a car (though I am happy to if needs be) - was kinda hoping to scab a lift to/from the airport. The golf clubs will be in a pretty big case (it fits across the back seat of a large car eg Commodore).

Yep, no problem at all with the lift to and from the airport. The only thing is I won't be there until 1ish (that's an 8 o'clock leave from home) to pick up the other boys (Courty and Popper). Can you find something to do for two hours? Maybe one of the other guys can pick you and take you to the hotel? (Calling volunteers!) we can swing through the hotel and pick you up on the way.

Iain
31st January 2013, 01:54 PM
No idea ... I've never heard that rule ..

Then shotgun.

Marto65
31st January 2013, 01:54 PM
You're in.

LeftyHoges
31st January 2013, 02:06 PM
Can't call shotgun til you see the car, can you?

This ruling is correct.

BenM
31st January 2013, 02:11 PM
Yep, no problem at all with the lift to and from the airport. The only thing is I won't be there until 1ish (that's an 8 o'clock leave from home) to pick up the other boys (Courty and Popper). Can you find something to do for two hours? Maybe one of the other guys can pick you and take you to the hotel? (Calling volunteers!) we can swing through the hotel and pick you up on the way.

Yarp, no probs hanging around at the airport for 2 hours if needs be. My main concern was fitting more than 2 passengers in a car might be a struggle when everyone will have clubs + luggage.

If someone's coming through a bit earlier I can dump some gear at the hotel and grab a feed there before we go golfing, I'm easy either way.

LeftyHoges
31st January 2013, 02:28 PM
Yarp, no probs hanging around at the airport for 2 hours if needs be. My main concern was fitting more than 2 passengers in a car might be a struggle when everyone will have clubs + luggage.

If someone's coming through a bit earlier I can dump some gear at the hotel and grab a feed there before we go golfing, I'm easy either way.

All good mate. I'll have an enclosed 6 x 4 trailer (at the very least, may be able to get a bigger one if needed) for the weekend. Need something to be able to bring all my trophies home in!

Who am I kidding, I need it to bring all the trophies down, that's all. :roll:

Courty
31st January 2013, 05:09 PM
All good mate. I'll have an enclosed 6 x 4 trailer (at the very least, may be able to get a bigger one if needed) for the weekend. Need something to be able to bring all my trophies home in!

:shock:

http://www.camperlands.co.uk/images/D/small-car-trailer-tent.jpg

;)

Courty
31st January 2013, 05:11 PM
Lefty, my flight leaves Tullamarine on Monday at 3:20pm. I'll leave it to you to work out what time we need to leave Spring Valley, but I assume it won't be long after completing the round?

BenM
31st January 2013, 05:13 PM
:shock:

http://www.camperlands.co.uk/images/D/small-car-trailer-tent.jpg

;)

Come on, we know that couldn't be Lefty's car/trailer. The colour scheme is horrible.

WBennett
31st January 2013, 05:38 PM
Lefty, my flight leaves Tullamarine on Monday at 3:20pm. I'll leave it to you to work out what time we need to leave Spring Valley, but I assume it won't be long after completing the round?

We have a 7 hour drive home after Spring Valley, so I can't imagine Monster will be happy to watch me drinking til dark before he drives me home :)

LeftyHoges
4th February 2013, 02:16 PM
Thread changed to include roomies as well. Let me know.

AndyP
4th February 2013, 02:45 PM
It was an inspired decision by our captain to pair Iain and I together for the matchplay. Based on this we have decided to carpool, catch flights, share accommodation and shower together.

IanO
4th February 2013, 03:42 PM
I will make my own way to and from the golf on Saturday.

LeftyHoges
4th February 2013, 03:45 PM
It was an inspired decision by our captain to pair Iain and I together for the matchplay. Based on this we have decided to carpool, catch flights, share accommodation and shower together.

The OZgolfers who sleep together, stay together.

I will make my own way to and from the golf on Saturday.

Updated, cheers Ian!

Courty
4th February 2013, 04:05 PM

I had to, I can't tell you apart! ;)

Lucasto23
4th February 2013, 04:49 PM
I arrive on Friday morning at 8:20am and leave Monday at 5 pm. If anyone has room to pick me up and drop me off, that would be fantastic. If not, will look at getting a car or Cab if need be :)

Marto65
4th February 2013, 05:01 PM
I arrive on Friday morning at 8:20am and leave Monday at 5 pm. If anyone has room to pick me up and drop me off, that would be fantastic. If not, will look at getting a car or Cab if need be :)

Mucus. I've hired a large car but I don't know if I'll get 4 in it.

Lucasto23
4th February 2013, 05:07 PM
Mucus. I've hired a large car but I don't know if I'll get 4 in it.

I assumed as much as a station wagon might be about the only thing that would accommodate 4 golfers full of kit :) thanks for thinking of me though

kev
4th February 2013, 05:10 PM

I can pick you up - have to make sure you make it to our match....

Can drop you off as well.

popper81
4th February 2013, 05:30 PM

Good on you Kev :)

Lucas, don't accept any drinks, food or lollies.... It maybe a trap ;)

Lucasto23
4th February 2013, 06:00 PM

Thanks Kev, very much appreciated and look forward to your mental assault of cuddles pre-match

Good on you Kev :)

Lucas, don't accept any drinks, food or lollies.... It maybe a trap ;)

If he's got lollies Poops I'm munching them mate, rude to say no :)

popper81
4th February 2013, 06:15 PM
Attitude like that I am glad Benno is not picking you up.... It could end up like this:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MNeYR7-kpxE

Lucasto23
4th February 2013, 07:48 PM
That would be a strange state to play golf in

popper81
4th February 2013, 07:50 PM
It would be..... ;)

popper81
5th February 2013, 08:33 PM
Lefty, Lucas & I are happy to jump in with benno & monsta in a room for 4 if that works out.

WBennett
5th February 2013, 08:55 PM
Who is top and tail? Poopa and dressestotheLefty?

popper81
5th February 2013, 08:59 PM
Lefty is the switch hitter in this group...;)

Lucasto23
5th February 2013, 09:36 PM
Wow!! Shotgun outer spoon

popper81
6th February 2013, 10:32 AM

So, the trouble with trusting a mate to get you cheap tickets is....... You fly staff travel..... Which has some perks... But it also has some downfalls.

Looking like I may be chilling at the Brisbane or Melbourne airport for some time depending on which flight I actually get on.

Ben, chances are I will be landing at a pretty similar time to you.... at this stage. I am happy to float around the airport either way (great place for eye candy)

Monsta
6th February 2013, 10:50 AM
I am happy to float around the airport either way (great place for eye candy)

Your bedmate (Benno) will get jealous if you start perving on other guys Pop....

popper81
6th February 2013, 11:05 AM
Your bedmate (Benno) will get jealous if you start perving on other guys Pop....

He will be that busy paying his fair down to vic in your tiptruck, that he won't even care ;).

Monsta
6th February 2013, 01:09 PM
He will be that busy paying his fair down to vic in your tiptruck, that he won't even care ;).

I was told that my sandbags are required to follow you round and fill your divots/excavation holes so that we dont lose any carts or golfers :D

popper81
6th February 2013, 01:28 PM
You made that up... I don't take divots... RSS ;)

WBennett
6th February 2013, 03:12 PM
remember, it is the southerners who ask if you squeal like a pig...

Monsta
6th February 2013, 03:21 PM
remember, it is the southerners who ask if you squeal like a pig...

We dont ask, we tell you to squeal like a pig

Courty
7th February 2013, 06:18 AM
Myself (Captain) & Marto (Vice-captain) will room together to discuss our plan of attack. 8)

AndyP
7th February 2013, 06:36 AM
Can you tell Popper to HTFU. He's making the rest of us look soft.

popper81
7th February 2013, 07:13 AM
I know.... !!

I might need a session with Phil Jauncey.

kev
7th February 2013, 08:08 AM
Can you tell Popper to HTFU. He's making the rest of us look soft.

He's pre-empting his loss.

popper81
7th February 2013, 08:20 AM
You boys are mad if you think this means I will lose.... ;)

LeftyHoges
7th February 2013, 09:40 AM
Myself (Captain) & Marto (Vice-captain) will room together to discuss our plan of attack. 8)

It'll be Friday night at the earliest mate, so the only thing you two will be doing is sitting on your beds, staring at each other and asking "Where did we go wrong?", followed by "Gee, that Lefty is a master tactician, and by Christ he can hit a ball too!" :lol:

popper81
7th February 2013, 09:43 AM
If it is friday night, Marto will be on a tram half-way across the city thinking.... "**** public transport is quiet without the Mrs."

Iain
7th February 2013, 10:05 AM
It'll be Friday night at the earliest mate, so the only thing you two will be doing is sitting on your beds, staring at each other celebratory drinks in hand, asking "Why was it so easy, I thought they'd put up half a fight?", followed by "Gee, that Lefty is a master douchebag, and by Christ he can throw a club too!" :lol:FTFY

LeftyHoges
7th February 2013, 10:19 AM
FTFY

Nice try. No need to throw clubs when you're #winning though.

Courty
7th February 2013, 11:21 AM
Nice try. No need to throw clubs when your #winning though. *you're :p

LeftyHoges
7th February 2013, 11:23 AM
*you're :p

Disgraceful. Henno would be super disappoint.

BenM
7th February 2013, 01:54 PM
So, the trouble with trusting a mate to get you cheap tickets is....... You fly staff travel..... Which has some perks... But it also has some downfalls.

Looking like I may be chilling at the Brisbane or Melbourne airport for some time depending on which flight I actually get on.

Ben, chances are I will be landing at a pretty similar time to you.... at this stage. I am happy to float around the airport either way (great place for eye candy)

No worries... We can start the sledging early :D

LeftyHoges
8th February 2013, 11:01 PM
OK, who wants to room with me?

You can be the big spoon...

Don't forget guys we have the options of family rooms that sleep 4 for under $50 a head if you want to go that way. I'm happy to go in a four with anyone.

Cosmopolite
9th February 2013, 12:15 PM
OK, who wants to room with me?

You can be the big spoon...

Don't forget guys we have the options of family rooms that sleep 4 for under $50 a head if you want to go that way. I'm happy to go in a four with anyone.

foursomes eh?

popper81
9th February 2013, 01:53 PM
Flights are now locked in, as much as staff travel can be. Guess I have just worked out why they are so cheap.

14th Leaving BNE 5.55am arriving MEL 9.15am

18th
Leaving MEL 4pm arriving BNE 5.15pm

Look out if you are in Melbourne airport between 9.30 - 1.30 on the 14th. :lol:

andigold
12th February 2013, 08:57 AM
OK guys, this is what I have for accommodation requirements at the Parkview -

Thursday Night

Family Room

Twin Room

BenM

Courty

grumpy

Popper81

LeftyHoges

Popper will move into the Family room Friday and Marto65 will take his place with Courty

Friday Night

Twin Room

Family Room

Family Room

Twin Room

AndyP

Popper81

BenM

Courty

Iain

wbennett

grumpy

Marto65

Monsta65

Leftyhoges

Lucasto23

Sunday Night

Twin Room

Family Room

Family Room

AndyP

Popper81

BenM

Iain

wbennett

grumpy

Monsta65

LeftyHoges

Lucasto23

Courty

Monday Night

Family Room

grumpy

So the cost per night including a full cooked breakfast in the restaurant each day is -

Twin Rooms - $62.50 per person
Family 4 pax - $48.75 per person
Family 3 pax - $60.00 per person
Family 1 pax - 110.00

Which gives an individual cost of -

AndyP

$125.00

Iain

$125.00

Popper81

$160.00

wbennett

$97.50

Monsta65

$97.50

Lucasto23

$97.50

BenM

$168.75

grumpy

$278.75

LeftyHoges

$168.75

Courty

$173.75

Marto65

$62.50

Remember that we will require a card from 1 person per room on check in. Can you try and work out amongst yourselves what you owe and on checkout Saturday and Monday have the correct money. This is particularly important for those changing rooms.

Let me know if you are missing out somewhere so I can adjust the bookings ASAP. I will also require real names so if you can PM me I will load all the bookings with them.

Thanks Andy

Iain
12th February 2013, 09:16 AM
Nice work Andigold.

Pm coming up.

AndyP
12th February 2013, 09:31 AM
Iain can pay for Fri and I can pay for Sun on each checkout or vice versa. That will make it easy.

Iain
12th February 2013, 09:33 AM
Good call.

BenM
12th February 2013, 09:15 PM
Thanks andigold! PM sent.

And sorry in advance fellas. The wife reckons I snore like a bandsaw especially after a few beers. Bring ear plugs :p

WBennett
12th February 2013, 09:31 PM
Ben. All men snore. All women whinge about it. Blokes rarely whinge about the snoring room mates after a skinfull :)

popper81
12th February 2013, 09:36 PM
Courty may... :) sorry mate, bring your ear plugs. ( I won't tell anyone they don't match your Jim Jams ;) )

Marto65
12th February 2013, 09:47 PM
3 more big sleeps !!

Courty
12th February 2013, 09:49 PM
Courty may... :) sorry mate, bring your ear plugs. ( I won't tell anyone they don't match your Jim Jams ;) )

I do. I've been blessed with the ability to hear a pin drop whilst sleeping. :roll:

I'll have my earbuds in all night with some Skrillex to lull me to sleep. ;)

Monsta
13th February 2013, 06:26 AM
I pre-warned everyone about my snoring,

Skrillex Courty??? Not really lullaby music

haysey
13th February 2013, 06:35 AM
Thanks andigold! PM sent.

And sorry in advance fellas. The wife reckons I snore like a bandsaw especially after a few beers. Bring ear plugs :p

Courty will whinge. Prepare to get added to the "Never share a room with again list" lads.

I'm still trying to figure out why I'm number 1 on that list:smt017

WBennett
13th February 2013, 06:53 AM
I'll have my earbuds in all night with some Skrillex to lull me to sleep. ;)

Just be careful Poppa doesn't come home drunk and try to Bangarang you or you will Want to Kill Everybody in the World.

popper81
13th February 2013, 11:31 AM
Courty will whinge. Prepare to get added to the "Never share a room with again list" lads.

I'm still trying to figure out why I'm number 1 on that list:smt017

I am on that list already... I feel sorry for him. I will enjoy soiling Marto's bed before him though.

Just be careful Poppa doesn't come home drunk and try to Bangarang you or you will Want to Kill Everybody in the World.

I am saving my first drunk night at the champs until friday.... Celebration, come on!

Marto65
13th February 2013, 11:34 AM
You should leave it alone or you might pull a muscle.

andigold
13th February 2013, 11:37 AM
I will enjoy soiling Marto's bed before him though.

Sorry to rain on your parade popper but I have set that room up as a checkout/checkin (this is a background function and the only effect on the people staying in the room is the requirement to get a new key) so that will trigger the changing over of all linen in the room by housekeeping. No hotbunking at the Parkview. :)

popper81
13th February 2013, 11:39 AM
Andy,
Can't complain about that service... even if it does ruin my fun.

Marto,
I might have to soil it WAnker style..... Make sure you wash your forehead.

LeftyHoges
13th February 2013, 12:02 PM
Station wagon arranged boys. We're back on track!

Marto65
13th February 2013, 12:03 PM

Colour?

LeftyHoges
13th February 2013, 12:04 PM
Colour?

Shit, didn't ask!

popper81
13th February 2013, 12:06 PM
Good work, Lefty.... Now you can relax. :lol:

LeftyHoges
13th February 2013, 12:24 PM
Good work, Lefty.... Now you can relax. :lol:

Ah crap, just noticed on the booking the insurance lady has booked it in for the PERTH airport. Bloody hell, now it'll be another 30 minutes on the phone to them.

Unless we want to move this to Perth for the weekend??? :lol:

Courty
13th February 2013, 04:03 PM
Skrillex Courty??? Not really lullaby music

:roll: You Confeds have no sense of humour.

:p

popper81
13th February 2013, 04:09 PM

Imagine what they will be like when they lose.....:shock:

WBennett
13th February 2013, 04:21 PM
Imagine what they will be like when they lose.....:shock:

Keep imagining it. You sure aint gonna see it happen Union Scum....

Marto65
13th February 2013, 04:48 PM
Keep imagining it. You sure aint gonna see it happen Union Scum....

You still don't have enough shots, Spud

BenM
13th February 2013, 06:06 PM

Great to hear mate!

Hope it'll fit my travel bag - it's pretty big ;)

Courty
13th February 2013, 06:21 PM
Great to hear mate!

Hope it'll fit my travel bag - it's pretty big ;)

+1

http://images.luggageonline.com/extralarge/SA440154_5L.jpg

WBennett
13th February 2013, 06:26 PM
And that is just manscaping products isn't it Courty?

Courty
13th February 2013, 06:32 PM
And that is just manscaping products isn't it Courty?

No, I shipped them down in advance. ;)

Monsta
13th February 2013, 07:11 PM

:p

We have enough to "humour" you thinking that you have a chance!
Union germs.....

popper81
13th February 2013, 07:15 PM
Speaking of shipping... just weighed my golf bag travel case. 49kg.. does that sound right?

I have small carry bag.
14 clubs + 2 spare or transports
2 pairs of shoes
umbrella
2doz balls
a spray jacket.

No idea what to ditch.

oncewasagolfer
13th February 2013, 07:17 PM
The golf clubs?

Monsta
13th February 2013, 07:21 PM
Speaking of shipping... just weighed my golf bag travel case. 49kg.. does that sound right?

I have small carry bag.
2 pairs of shoes
umbrella
2doz balls
a spray jacket.

No idea what to ditch.

Putter??

LarryLong
13th February 2013, 07:21 PM

I have small carry bag.
2 pairs of shoes
umbrella
2doz balls
a spray jacket.

No idea what to ditch.

That sounds a bit heavy popper. I'm pretty sure I could fit a set well within 20kg.

That said, I don't think you've got nearly enough balls.

popper81
13th February 2013, 07:24 PM
Funny... :lol:

Worked it out.... The scales kept re-setting back to lbs. 50lbs = 22.67 kgs. Happy days

Monsta
13th February 2013, 07:28 PM
Room for more golf balls.....

WBennett
13th February 2013, 07:41 PM
No wonder you were weighing 500lbs!

Whew.

I am glad Monsta and I have a ute. We need it to transport all the beer there and trophies home!

Courty
13th February 2013, 09:23 PM
Just weighed mine... 18.4kg plus a carry-on bag.

Plenty of room, I could potentially do some shopping while down there. 8)

henno
22nd February 2013, 06:25 PM
Disgraceful. Henno would be super disappoint.

Confirmed.

LeftyHoges
22nd February 2013, 06:34 PM
Confirmed.

I love the fact that you've just come from nowhere to post that!

Dedication to a cause!