PDA

View Full Version : Week Commencing 7th Nov 05

McMw
7th November 2005, 07:59 PM
well...end of my long weekend holiday - apart from yesterday's buggy course, did allright playing 72 holes!!!  :D

Friday - 75
Saturday - 77
Sunday - 82
Monday - 69  :wink:

Was 1 under after birdie on 8, terrible mess of the 12th to fall back to level par, bogeyed 16th after terrible tee shot!!! :(

Birdied 17th, pitched to a foot from the hole...
Birdied 18th, wedged to bout 10 ft - drained it middle cup!!! :wink:

jaster
7th November 2005, 08:33 PM
WOW..nice 4th round scoring Mau!! Go the S59s hey ;)

McMw
7th November 2005, 08:43 PM
wasn't so much the irons...  :wink:
drove the ball well...considering I've only had the MP001 460cc in the bag this past week - STOCK SHAFT as well!!!  :lol:  :lol:

think I hit 10 fairways today - 10 greens...
of the 10 greens, 8 were with the s59s...
of the other 8 misses, 4 were with the s59s...

yeah....different putter in the bag today too... :lol:

but...FINALLY...a sub-70 this year...  8)

jaster
7th November 2005, 08:48 PM
Ahh..I think it is just the Karma of having the PINGs in the bag ;) I agree with you though, I have been swapping irons around lately and find my performance almost no different, it's all driver then pitch and putt :lol:

cazandpaul
8th November 2005, 09:46 AM
37 points yesterday (23-14 :oops: )

Flowergirl
10th November 2005, 10:12 AM
Pay yesterday - Minus 3 - I felt like I played a lot worse than that! Lots of negative thoughts while standing over the ball. Not good. Went out after the game to the practise fairway and my pro turned up and pointed out a few things and then hit the ball very "crisp" . Confidence back!
Playing in our clubs Matchplay Final on Sunday and first round of Mixed Foursomes on Saturday.
Can't wait. :D

Oh....one of my playing partners yesterday equalled the course record
( female) with 78 - she was off 13. Pretty good going and it was a pleasure to play with her and watch.

Courty
10th November 2005, 12:32 PM
Front: 18pts with a wipe.
Back: 12pts with 2 wipes.

As they say... Spray & Wipe. :oops: :evil:

jaster
10th November 2005, 03:07 PM
65 off the stick...!!!!! 8)

jimandr
10th November 2005, 03:34 PM
A Tuesday game at Coffs Harbour, in the 9 hole Chicken Run, with Coffs_Hacker. We played the 19-27 nine in the Run, then continued down the first in an unofficial matchplay challenge.

In the Chicken Run I recorded 20 points, which I thought was very good, but the two locals we played with both also got 20, and knocked me over on countback. They never let Visitors win :roll:

Coffs tried to claim he'd beaten me on the previous Saturday in an unofficial match, even though we weren't playing matchplay. He was probably unlucky to catch me on a very good day, because I finished 1 over for the 15 holes we played, and beat him 5&4.

On the front nine I didn't hit the ball very well, but my short game was excellent. My only bogey was a three-putt. On the back I hit the ball well. 1 birdie, another three-putt for the only bogey.

We stopped after 15 when we caught up with the Veterans Comp.

I played really well on a course I'd never seen before. It'll all fall apart as soon as I play again, but right now my short game is very good.

I'll post more about golf in Coffs Harbour in a new thread in "Courses".

Coffs_Hacker
10th November 2005, 10:25 PM
Have to admit Jim was on fire on tues, but I seem to notice how Sats round has been overlooked :) A fun round with a bit of swearing, cursing, and near tears hehehehe, My highlight, a chip in birdie on the 8th. The Scores though are too scary to mention.. Hope to see you back here again jim.

AndyP
10th November 2005, 10:30 PM
I seem to notice how Sats round has been overlooked :)
You might want to check the 31/10 thread, CH. It definitely got a mention.

Coffs_Hacker
10th November 2005, 10:52 PM
oops me bad

Courty
12th November 2005, 01:45 PM
I shot 41 pts this morning. 'That's a good score' you might say, but I'm dirty on myself for being even off the stick after 17 holes, then doubling the last for a wipe. :evil:

There was nothing flashy in it. I made one bogey & two birdies on the front nine, and one bogey & the double on the back. Gross score was obviously 74, my equal best for 18.

However, it should still take a nice chunk off my handicap, and move me ever-so-slightly closer to Trung on the Most Improved list. I've still got quite a few rounds to play before the winner is announced. :twisted: :wink: :roll:

shazza_rs
12th November 2005, 02:24 PM
Played in a 4BBB Aggregate today at riverlakes. Pete was my partner. We had 45 points.

I had 39 points by myself, Pete had 34 points.

My 39 points - 21 on the front, 18 on the back (three wipes in a row, 10, 11, 12). :evil:

Grunt
12th November 2005, 04:45 PM
Well had a very poor experience today where my club decided to put 3 social groups off the 9th tee in front of us. After 45 min for the next 2 holes we had had enough and my partner and I walked off. I know it is poor form but it was painful.
It was not as if we were having bad games either I was plus 4 and he was plus 2 and we were plus 7 in the 2Ball.

Happy with the R7's debut though hitting good drives all day. Will have to see how it goes on Wednesday at the NSW open Pro Am.

jaster
12th November 2005, 04:56 PM
Well played Courty and Shazza :smt023

Trung
12th November 2005, 05:11 PM
28 points 8)

Fishman Dan
12th November 2005, 05:19 PM
33 pts today.

The most disappointing 33 i i think i've ever had. 23 points through 10 holes before reality set in.

10th hole it nearly happened. 160-odd metre par 3. Shot pitched, bounced and spun, turned toward the hole and rolled over the corner. Cries of exasperation from the group on the next tee did the shot justice.

Sunk a monster putt on 3 for birdie, lipped out on 8 for bird, lipped out on 10 for an ace, lipped out a 15-odd metre chip (would have been a timely bird)... couple that with a few 2-6 footers lipping out.... you get the hint.

What could have been... :roll:

McMw
12th November 2005, 09:11 PM
haven't played since Monday - and it really showed in the front nine... :evil: :evil:

6 over after 8 holes, stiffed it on 9 for a deuce to get to back to 5over...

then - 3putted the 10th from 20odd ft away... :evil: :evil:

but managed to shot 35 on the back - missed 6 footer birdie on the last too for a 75...

after the start I had - damn good score... :roll:

shazza_rs
13th November 2005, 12:20 PM
Pete and I played an early morning round at St Lucia today.

Pete had 92, nett 69
35 putts
8/15 fairways (6 on the front)
5/18 GIR

I had 96, nett 76 (damn this new handicap.... :D )
35 putts
9/14 fairways
5/18 GIR

It was fast going for the first nine, then we got stuck behind three guys hacking their way round the course. :evil: Slowed our momentum a little.

raidrboy
13th November 2005, 09:46 PM
Played my first 18 hole round in competition today since having a knee replacement earlier this year.

94-20 nett 74.

More than happy..

jaster
13th November 2005, 09:48 PM
WOW...nice playing Graeme :smt023 Sometimes a break is a blessing in disguise 8)

McMw
13th November 2005, 10:01 PM
another 75....another birdie opp on the last to get to 74 went begging...

once again, not the perfect start to the round...
OOBs left off the first for a double bogey - bogey start...

maybe I need to hit the range before my round... :?

cazandpaul
14th November 2005, 05:23 AM
33 & 32 for Caz and I yesterday - the green renovations done a month ago have made putting a lottery and my numbers are not coming up :(

oz
14th November 2005, 06:41 AM
Jekyl & Hyde round for me. Solid front 9, 1 birdie, 1 bogey, 1 double - 19 pts. Back 9 was rubbish. Got a bad break on 11 when I declared a ball lost in the thick spring rough, only to find it 5 paces later - WIPE. Another wipe on 14 (dead off the tee), and my goose was cooked. Finished with 31 points.

On a positive note, my front 9 was solid, with only a brain fart around the green on 6, leading to the double. There is light at the end of the tunnel.

Flowergirl
14th November 2005, 02:40 PM
Final of the Matchplay singles comp yesterday. My opponent was on fire on the front nine. She had a 39 ( handicap of 20) - poor old me played well but ended up down 4 after the first nine. :oops:

Thought - well old girl - you've got nothing to lose now except your pride ( and the match) go for it - and I did.

Happy to say I clawed my way back with par, birdie, par, par, bogey, par, par, bogey to be all square going to the 18th. :D :D :D :D

Sorry to say the fairytale ending didn't happen - she made par and I made bogey ( only crap tee shot all day). :(

Was happy to comeback as well as I did - but hey - I still lost :evil:

Courty
14th November 2005, 02:46 PM
Final of the Matchplay singles comp yesterday. My opponent was on fire on the front nine. She had a 39 ( handicap of 20) - poor old me played well but ended up down 4 after the first nine. :oops:

Thought - well old girl - you've got nothing to lose now except your pride ( and the match) go for it - and I did.

Happy to say I clawed my way back with par, birdie, par, par, bogey, par, par, bogey to be all square going to the 18th. :D  :D  :D  :D

Sorry to say the fairytale ending didn't happen - she made par and I made bogey ( only crap tee shot all day). :(

Was happy to comeback as well as I did - but hey - I still lost :evil:

Well done, Reenie. That's a big effort to get back to even after she shot a 39 :shock: . Mind you, that adds up to +1 for the first 8 holes of the 2nd 9. That's some nice scoring right there. You must be unlucky not to have been better placed than even after 17 holes. If you shot +2 for the 2nd 9, and she still beat you off a handicap of 20, she must be a burglar :evil:

BrisVegas
14th November 2005, 02:46 PM
bad luck Reenie. Good work on giving yourself a chance though.

See you in a couple of weeks. :)

AndyP
14th November 2005, 02:51 PM
Good to hear you put up a good fight, FG. Hope it all falls into place next year.

Jarro
14th November 2005, 03:03 PM
nice shootin' Reenie, let's hope it continues when you come up here next week 8)

Flowergirl
14th November 2005, 03:17 PM
Aw thanks guys - I'm feeling all warm and fuzzy right now. Thanks for your support and sympathy :D

AndyP
15th November 2005, 01:58 PM
12/11/05, Nambour GC, Monthly Honours

Had an up and down start before playing fairly solidly for the remainder of the round with the exception of the par 3 10th, which I tripled thanks to three shots in the same bunker.

Seemed to be hitting inconsistent lengths with the irons, but got up and down well during the round to save a few pars.

5/12 effective T-shots.
4/18 effective approaches.
30 putts.
------------
9 pars.
6 bogeys.
2 doubles.
1 other.
Score 40-41-81 nett 69 (Par 34-34-68 )

------------------------------------------

12/11/05, Cooroy GC, Stableford

Besides a hot patch in the middle, I never really got in the groove during the round. Finished poorly with 8 points in the last 7 holes, after getting to two under my handicap. Really struggled with the chipping for the whole round, and I don’t know whether it’s because I never got used to the greens or not.

I really need to start hitting more greens in the first place though.

9/12 effective T-shots.
3/18 effective approaches.
33 putts.
-------------
1 birdie.
3 pars.
12 bogeys.
1 double.
1 other.
Score 39-47-86 [19-13-32 pts] (Par 33-37-70)

Handicap has slid out to 12.4 now after being at 11.5 in June. The good rounds should be just around the corner.

I’ve had enough of using the 3 wood off the tee all the time, so I’m going to put the driver back in the bag, even if I do spray it around a bit. Hopefully it’s not too bad, and that extra distance pays off.

BrisVegas
15th November 2005, 02:01 PM
one more 0.1 Andy and you'll be off 13 for the champs!!  Lakelands should take care of that for ya.  :wink:   (and me for that matter!!  :oops: )

AndyP
15th November 2005, 02:06 PM
one more 0.1 Andy and you'll be off 13 for the champs!!  Lakelands should take of that for ya.  :wink:   (and me for that matter!!  :oops: )
I plan to knock 1.2 off the handicap at Lakelands actually....

Are we going to have to get someone to check our handicaps in the morning to see if they have been updated or not? Maybe we won't hand out any prizes until all handicaps have been verified. Then again, maybe not.