PDA

View Full Version : Do Titleist Clubs Have Serial Numbers?

Matt 3 Jab
7th November 2005, 06:22 PM
just wondering if their clubs, more so drivers, to be precise the 983E driver, has serial numbers, i see heaps of ad's saying a tour club as it has no serial number and a square face etc etc i cant see one on mine and just wondering what type of club i have.
sorry if its been discussed before

990B Luva
7th November 2005, 07:46 PM
according to BSG not all Titleist clubs have serials

jaster
7th November 2005, 08:22 PM
Don't buy any clubs for there "tour" heritage based on the fact that they have no serial. Buy from reputable sellers (ie Nudgee) who you know personally or have a very good history in selling tour equipment.

Most Titleist stuff didn't have serial numbers for a long time, this included drivers, fairways woods, irons, wedges and putters. Now iron sets will have a serial on the 6 iron usually and I have noticed even the Vokey Spin Milled have a serial now.

I don't want to turn this into a Tour vs Retail debate but I personally think the fact that a club is from the tour means nothing unless you are putting it into a glass case and on display. That is just me though and I am sure if I had a good source of lefty tour stuff I would change my mind but there is no way I would spend $200 more for a club if I could get the same in retail. :)

3oneday
7th November 2005, 08:29 PM
Don't buy any clubs for there "tour" heritage based on the fact that they have no serial. easy to buy some sandpaper as well, hey XXXXX ???

:lol: :lol:

nudgee
7th November 2005, 09:01 PM
Matt fully agree with jaster - where there is no appreciable difference between tour and retail - aka Titleist stuff then your source is your best way of knowing if it is tour.

I buy lots of tour stuff mainly coz I get it from good sources for reasonable prices - often less than retail!

I also buy tour coz I can play around with different shafts so that I can get best of both worlds - solid head and a shaft that suits me.

McMw
7th November 2005, 09:04 PM
my 983K doesn't have a serial number on it, nor isit a tour club...

bought it from a retail store in Singapore...and it had a Achunet Japan sticker on it, verifying the specs of the driver...

Matt 3 Jab
7th November 2005, 10:17 PM
thanks for the input guys, im not a big 'tour' club buyer, just i couldnt see a serial number on it so was just curious, either way it goes miles so i dont mind if the last person who used it played off 31 at a 9 hole golf course!
the only reason id buy tour if it was off a well known player just for the fact i could brag how i hit the same club further than him :lol:

jaster
7th November 2005, 10:18 PM
thanks for the input guys, im not a big 'tour' club buyer, just i couldnt see a serial number on it so was just curious, either way it goes miles so i dont mind if the last person who used it played off 31 at a 9 hole golf course!
the only reason id buy tour if it was off a well known player just for the fact i could brag how i hit the same club further than him :lol:

Looks like you and Peter_rs better have a long drive comp soon matt ;)

Matt 3 Jab
7th November 2005, 10:21 PM
as ive stated before id love to give it a crack, not much of me but i think i hit it long, why not be confident, hitting the 9th green at new brighton aint to bad i dont think :lol: and if someone wants to bring me back down to earth well bring it on :D as you all might tell i like to joke around and dont take myself too seriously, good for golf!

3oneday
7th November 2005, 10:26 PM
hitting the 9th green at new brighton aint to bad i dont thinkthat's pretty long, uphill, but did you land it on ??? :wink:

8) :lol: :lol:

Matt 3 Jab
8th November 2005, 10:49 AM
nah, didnt land it on, but maybe next time aye :wink: bring on the long driving!!!! maybe i should focus more on my putting though :D