PDA

View Full Version : Bending an RBZ 3 Wood

nudgee
24th January 2013, 12:43 PM
So I am thinking of doing a Philly Mick and creating a mini driver/3 wood. So I have bought a RBZ Tour Spoon 13* and I want to get it bent to 11*.

Where in QLD would i find someone that will be able to bend an RBZ 3 wood without wrecking it? I had heard that Chris McCourt has got a bending machine but I am not sure where he is these days - anyone know?

Any guidance will be greatly appreciated.

TheTrueReview
24th January 2013, 01:46 PM
You could give Peter Harrington (owner / club fitter / teaching pro) from The Golf School (http://www.thegolfschool.com.au) at Palm Meadows a call. He raves about the RBZ 3 wood. I'm sure he'd get a kick out of being involved.

Mububban
24th January 2013, 02:38 PM
Let us know how it goes if you find someone to get it done

Iain
24th January 2013, 03:28 PM
I don't think Chris McCourt is in the business anymore?

TourFit
24th January 2013, 04:18 PM
Make sure they have a loft/lie bending machine FOR WOODS first...I would say that there won't be that many who have them

nudgee
24th January 2013, 04:19 PM
Hmmmm not sounding like I have a lot of options

Stuartd147
24th January 2013, 04:45 PM
I think you can buy an adapter ferrule that enables you to alter lie/loft....check with Virge...stu

TheNuclearOne
24th January 2013, 05:10 PM
Tour Spoon will be .335 so adaptor ferrules will probably be out.

mrbluu
24th January 2013, 05:35 PM
Hmmmm not sounding like I have a lot of options

Find out if Taylormade have a tour van or truck locally, if not I might be a good excuse to take a holiday that coincides with a PGA tour event. Or I know a guy how plays a R9 (i think), set at 12*, with shaft shorter than a 7 wood shaft. Looks like a kid's club but he smokes it down the middle, longer than a 3 wood but shorter than a driver!!

mrbluu
24th January 2013, 05:36 PM
I forgot to add, it's a fairway finding machine!!!

nudgee
24th January 2013, 05:45 PM
So I have made a few calls to some potential leads and have hit a dead end every time. It seems that no one has a WOOD bending machine in OZ. I can send it to BSG and they can do it but it will then start hurting the wallet a bit more than I wanted for an experiment.

Captain Nemo
24th January 2013, 05:54 PM
Really?
Maybe try http://www.golfdoctor.biz/ he's got a great workshop, I highly recommend him.....

Jarro
24th January 2013, 05:59 PM
There's a guy out at Brendale (near Wantima G.C) called Nick Bush.

He does clubfitting/building ..... might be worth a try ??

nudgee
24th January 2013, 06:06 PM
Apparently I now have been informed that Chris McCourt may still be around and last known whereabouts were Helensvale driving range?? Blakey, do you know whether he is still there?

Jarro, thanks mate, will also try Nick Bush

Steve57
24th January 2013, 06:14 PM
Nudgee I believe that they have a putter bending machine at Virginia. Not sure whether this would do a wood or not?

nudgee
24th January 2013, 06:16 PM
Nudgee I believe that they have a putter bending machine at Virginia. Not sure whether this would do a wood or not?

Thx mate may give them a call.

Tomson
24th January 2013, 06:20 PM
I have a lie loft machine that does woods :)

nudgee
24th January 2013, 06:32 PM
I have a lie loft machine that does woods :)

Jackpot - you DA Man!!!

Sending you text soon.

nudgee
24th January 2013, 07:02 PM
Woohoo experiment is still alive!

timah!
24th January 2013, 07:10 PM
If you'd decided this a week ago I could have brought it up for you :p

Ned
24th January 2013, 11:37 PM
Woohoo experiment is still alive!

Haysey, Solarman and I are available to assist Tomson with any modifications.

Captain Nemo
25th January 2013, 08:10 AM
Haysey, Solarman and I are available to assist Tomson with any modifications.

Im sure that will go down a treat....:?

braddles
25th January 2013, 02:31 PM
What about buying the new RBZ 2 13* and playing it in the open setting? You could then change back easily.

nudgee
25th January 2013, 04:28 PM
What about buying the new RBZ 2 13* and playing it in the open setting? You could then change back easily.

Hmmm is the new RBZ 3 wood adjustable? I dont do that well with open faces - I will give the old RBZ head a go as I bought it already but if it doesnt work or it gets mutilated during the "modification" process then I will give the RBZ 2 a go.

braddles
25th January 2013, 04:54 PM
Hmmm is the new RBZ 3 wood adjustable? I dont do that well with open faces - I will give the old RBZ head a go as I bought it already but if it doesnt work or it gets mutilated during the "modification" process then I will give the RBZ 2 a go.

I am pretty sure the Tour version is adjustable. It is supposed to be easier to hit from the fairway as well. I loved the original RBZ 13* from the tee, but struggled from the fairway.

nudgee
25th January 2013, 08:24 PM
I am pretty sure the Tour version is adjustable. It is supposed to be easier to hit from the fairway as well. I loved the original RBZ 13* from the tee, but struggled from the fairway.

Same here so I am hoping that a juiced up RBZ 3 wood is going to bomb from tee.

TheNuclearOne
26th January 2013, 01:01 PM
Hmmm is the new RBZ 3 wood adjustable? I dont do that well with open faces

Bending it down in loft is going to be opening the face up - substancially if it's around 2*.