PDA

View Full Version : Precept Challenge 25th November

Grunt
6th November 2005, 09:48 PM
Hi all

Who is in for a hit at Macarthur Grange in the Precept Challenge on Friday 25th November @ 8am. I can get as many groups as we need so numbers should not be a problem.
$50 Pro Shop voucher Visitors prize up for grabs. Last Friday 32 points won it for the visitors, Andrew was not there :lol: it is usually his when he turns up.

$39 comp fee/cart hire

Andrew
6th November 2005, 09:49 PM
Fair Dinkum, Mate. How quick are you.

Grunt
6th November 2005, 09:54 PM
Pretty quick :wink:

Grunt
10th November 2005, 11:02 AM
Just a note to comfirm the tee time is booked for 8am, also no problem with more than 1 group.

Grunt
22nd November 2005, 09:22 AM
Just bumping this up to the top, if anyone wants to join Andrew & I there are free spots in our group and tee times free both before and after us.

Jono
23rd November 2005, 10:31 PM
Grant,

Can you put me down if it's not too late? Should be a good warm up leading up to the Ozgolf Champs. 8)

I am sitting right on 9.4, so you better keep an eye on me. Make sure I'm not trying to "manage" my handicap for the Champs. :wink:

Grunt
23rd November 2005, 10:50 PM
Not a Problem Jono, I have got a group of 4 booked. See you Friday.

Grunt
23rd November 2005, 11:06 PM
Anyone else wish to join us, come on Jono needs a cart partner [-o<

Grunt
24th November 2005, 06:21 PM
Final spot in group taken by a Mac Grange member, I couldn't hold it out, if anyone wants to join us then they still can just will have to be in the group behind us.

Grunt
25th November 2005, 02:23 PM
Well 3 of us (Jono, Andrew & myself) teed off in light drizzle conditions this morning.
The front nine was great with soft receptive greens. Can't really think of any hightlights from early in the round until on the 7th green & I nailed a 40 foot putt for birdie. Then on the 8th tee I was just at the top of my backswing and a fly decided to go up my nose. I tried to stop my swing as i got to the top of my swing and proceeded to hit a wicked cut that we soon discovered was LOST.

As we finished the 9th the dark clouds rolled in and the rain started.  :( It had well and truely set in when on 11 we all wiped the hole. After 12 Andrew had had enough as he was wet and not scoring, he stayed on to act as Jono & I's caddy. Then after 15 Jono decided that he too had had enough as he was looking at a drive of over one hour before he would be dry. As I was scoring sort of well Andrew (thank you) stayed as my marker and Jono left us to get dry. The casual water on the course was building up, on 18 the water on the tee was that bad it almost had no dry areas from which to tee up. :shock:  So in the end the scores were;

Grunt 37 points
Jono 19 points (after 14 holes)
Andrew 19 (after 12 holes)

It was a wet golf day that if I did not think I was playing as well I too would have pulled the pin.
Thanks for the game guys & thanks Andrew =D>  for staying on to mark my card in pretty bad conditions. As I left the club there were only 5 cards in the box and there was talk of no comp due lack of starters. I was the leading card so if there is a result i may well win it.
:lol:

ps Jono I put your card in.

marcel
25th November 2005, 02:26 PM
Thanks for the game guys & thanks Andrew =D>  for staying on to mark my card in pretty bad conditions

You're thanking the devil :evil: , Andrew is a 'rain magnet'.

Trung
25th November 2005, 02:34 PM
ps Jono I put your card in.

did Jono asked you not to put his card in because of his score? .. cheat :twisted:

Grunt
25th November 2005, 02:39 PM
I put it in so there were more cards in the comp, giving me more chance of a win :lol:

Andrew
25th November 2005, 03:27 PM
You're thanking the devil  :evil: , Andrew is a 'rain magnet'.

You're not wrong there. Since getting back from the 'Olde Grey Toun', where I had near perfect whether, it has rained every round I have played except for 2.

I had 19 points by the 11th, which I wiped. When my club slipped in my hand on the 12th for the 3rd time in a row that was it for me.

Once golf ceases to be fun, it ceases to be golf.

Grunt
25th November 2005, 03:50 PM
Looking outside now you would never know the rain was so bad. The sun is shining, might pop back down the club this afternoon to find out how I went.

3oneday
25th November 2005, 07:24 PM
Looking outside now you would never know the rain was so bad. The sun is shining, might pop back down the club this afternoon to find out how I went.Good scoring in the wet Michael, how many of those gloves you use ??? :wink: :lol:

Fingers crossed the comp is declared !!

Pete

Grunt
25th November 2005, 07:46 PM
I used 2 until it got that wet none was the only option.

Grunt
25th November 2005, 08:27 PM
Well if they decide that enough players played I won :lol: the day with a huge score of 37 points. I also won the NTP on 15, jono you got knocked off the long drive. It will all come out tomorrow morning when they decide what to do

3oneday
25th November 2005, 08:28 PM
jono you got knocked off the long driveI didn't realise it was a vets day ???? :wink:

:lol: :lol:

Jono
25th November 2005, 09:28 PM
Thanks Grant and Andrew for the day. The rain got me in the end. My socks were drenched and my pants were soaking wet. The drive home was far from pleasant ... :?

My (only) golf shoes are soaking wet, and so is my golf bag. Looks like it will probably rain up in Gold Coast as well, so consider them PRE-soaked. :wink:

Well played Grant. You held it together very well despite the conditions. I think your goal handicap of 18 by the end of the year is definitely reachable.

So ... I'm out to 9.5 ... :twisted: :wink:

Grunt
26th November 2005, 07:38 PM
Found out this afternon that the comp was abandoned just after I completed my round :cry: I was leading at that stage.

I am not very happy at how the whole thing has been conducted by the club as they have said bad luck and we will give you a refund of the green fees at a later date. Jono & Andrew do not forget this, I will try and get it in writing for you guys as it could be awfully hard to prove at a later date that you were there as you were visitors.

Sorry to Andrew for getting so wet while staying on to mark my card thinking I was a chance at winning.

How many starters normally consitute a comp? They abandoned it because only 5 players returned cards but I calculated at least 14 people started before the rain. I thought it would go off starters not carsd returned. :? After they closed the comp the rain cleared and people could have competed in the comp be it on a wet track with no carts due to greenkeepers instructions.

Sorry if I sound like a sore loser but I would have been just as pissed off if it were either jono or Andrew that were in my situation. :oops:

Oh well it was not as if i needed to win to qualify for the Precept Challenge Champion Of Champions Event next month as I won last month to qualify. I will just have to make sure I win that on the 16th December :P

Andrew
26th November 2005, 07:57 PM
How many starters normally consitute a comp? They abandoned it because only 5 players returned cards but I calculated at least 14 people started before the rain. I thought it would go off starters not carsd returned. :?  After they closed the comp the rain cleared and people could have competed in the comp be it on a wet track with no carts due to greenkeepers instructions.

Does it really matter. They seem to do what they want there.

You really did hold it together well. Of course, I have pneumonia from the wet and the cold & being an asthmatic, will probably be dead by Monday. :-({|=

markTHEblake
26th November 2005, 09:25 PM
How many starters normally consitute a comp? They abandoned it because only 5 players returned cards but I calculated at least 14 people started before the rain.

If they declared a result on cards that were put in, that bascially disqualifies the people who had not yet finished their round - quite unfair on them.

Sounds like a normal occurrence to me, the round was abandoned. it wouldnt matter how many players finished

jimandr
27th November 2005, 10:51 AM
Wimps :P that's all I've got to say.

Actually I have more to say. Some planets aligned on Thursday, and I could've played, and I was going to play until Grunt indicated the spot had been filled. I presume the 'local' didn't play.

One of the great drawbacks of small fields is that the possibility is quite strong that the comp will be cancelled if people don't finish.

Most clubs have a minimum number of completed cards that must be submitted before a comp can officially be declared. It may even be a proportion of the number of starters. I;m not sure on this. Otherwise, it is very unfair on late starters who find the course unplayable due to flooding.

If you are getting your comp fee refunded you should consider yourself lucky. I can't recall ever getting a fee refunded once you tee off.

I'm glad I didn't play. While I have recently purchased some new wet weather gear, I'm not that keen to see how effective it is. Light rain is bearable, but heavy rain is unpleasant at the best of times.

Grunt
27th November 2005, 06:36 PM
The guy turned up jim, to tell us he others to play with and we were ok to play without him
It is the not the no result that peeved me off it was the fact no one could tell me what was going on later in the day. It might be the fact that in my job if I don't do my job properly people will be hurt that I can't handle people not doing their properly.Am really sick to death of people in postions they can't fill.

Grunt
2nd December 2005, 08:52 PM
Well I got the official reason today on why it was decleared no comp. It was because the course was deemed to have changed too much to give a fair comp. I can handle that, it was the way the excuse changed over the days following to get to that decision that peeved me.